Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Help Wanted - Technician - AV - Technology

The company I have worked at for the last 5 years is looking for a technician who has an AV installation background. We are a small company of 13 employees but we have have weathered the storm and are growing again. Take a look at our website and you can email your resume via the contact us page. I'm not the one conducting the interviews but I know they have just started to set those up. This is not an apprentice type position so experience is needed. There will be a certain amount of on the job training but the applicant will be expected bring a certain level of experience to the table.

http://www.actces.com/employment.htm

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Only 30 views on a Help Wanted post?....................

"Sunshine Day Dream"
Old 10-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
WESTPORTMAFIA

Mc do you have experience with full blown stuff? My whole house is wired for sound and video and I'm having sone issues after 6 years. I need some help if the price is right. I have too much crap including 5 tvs including the one in the fridge. Nils touch screens in 4 rooms and the deck. And a mx 3000 remote that can use a reprogram. Also looking to upgrade some stuff. The whole setup is in a tucked away closet and controled by the mx 3000. #^&#^&#^&#^& is a mess right now and my guy is no longer in the biz. I need a real av geek to figure this crap out. I have had a couple so called know it alls look at it and turn white. Let ne know what u think
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
O.D. Mike

Wish I had the background for it.....

"Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice." >> Yoda
O.D. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA View Post
Mc do you have experience with full blown stuff? My whole house is wired for sound and video and I'm having sone issues after 6 years. I need some help if the price is right. I have too much crap including 5 tvs including the one in the fridge. Nils touch screens in 4 rooms and the deck. And a mx 3000 remote that can use a reprogram. Also looking to upgrade some stuff. The whole setup is in a tucked away closet and controled by the mx 3000. #^&#^&#^&#^& is a mess right now and my guy is no longer in the biz. I need a real av geek to figure this crap out. I have had a couple so called know it alls look at it and turn white. Let ne know what u think
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I can help and from what you're describing it's not even a day's work for one of our senior techs. We're working in your area now(Marion) on a full blown smart home 10,000sq ft. I sent a PM with my cell. Call me.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
Only 30 views on a Help Wanted post?....................
Im suprised there was not more interest as well.

If I had experience I would apply.
Unfortunately being in the military doesnt qualify me for much.
GregW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Im suprised there was not more interest as well.

If I had experience I would apply.
Unfortunately being in the military doesnt qualify me for much.

Not true, when I was in my twenty's I applied for a job at an Irish bar in a rough neighborhood in Worcester. I'm 1/2 Itallian and Portuguese and I had no previous bartending experience. On the application I listed my miltary training. In the section where it said to write in "special skills" I wrote that I was an expert marksman with the M16, M60, and M203 and that I had completed an extra course in close combat skills. The owner said I had balls to apply and hired me on the spot. My first shift I had to shut off a biker couple and toss them out. they backed the bike into the front entrance and peeled out making a ton of noise and filling the bar with fumes. The owner came out of his basement office and ran out into the street and went after them. They made another pass by the bar and he cloths lined them and they both went spilling into traffic and the bike got run over. He then took the guys helmet off of him and starting smashing his skull which opened up a big gash. then he put him in a head lock and rammed him into the stop sign repeatedly until I stopped him because i thought the guy was dead. The bar owner grabbed me in close and asked me what rule number one was being bartender? Stammering I said something about not serving people who come in already toasted and he yelled back at me.....NO, NEVER LEAVE THE BAR UN-ATTENDED!!!! GET YOUR ASS BACK IN THERE! I worked there for 3 years and have fond memories but my first shift was one I'll never forget!

"Sunshine Day Dream"