Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-20-2017, 05:14 AM   #301
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Democrats (the party that worshipped at the feet of the Clintons and the Kennedys) are far more likely than Republicans (the party in which many influential members openly denounced Trump) to admit there’s an issue close to home"

If you had some data to support that, I would be all ears.

"Sixty percent of Democrats say their party has at least a somewhat serious problem with sexual harassment"

The other 40% are the harassers...

"By contrast, Republicans are close to evenly split, with 40 percent saying sexual harassment presents a somewhat or very serious issue for the GOP"

Oh. So because Republicans think we have a cleaner house, you have concluded that we are in denial. What if the GOP actually has less perversion, and therefore the respondents you are citing are merely telling the truth?

"Democrats say, 37 percent to 29 percent, that Franken should resign, with the rest uncertain. Republicans are divided on Moore, with 37 percent saying he should drop out and 40 percent that he should remain in the race"

Franken has admitted his guilt. Moore has not. Remember the Duke lacrosse case? Remember how sure liberals were that they were right? Or the cops accused by Tawanna Brawley? Or the poor Ferguson cop whose life is ruined? We cannot have trials in the media. It's absolutely antithetical to our concept of justice.

"Hillary Clinton voters say by a 42-point margin, 53 percent to 11 percent, that the accusations against Bill Clinton are credible"

Who are the 11% that think he is innocent? He admitted it, we have DNA evidence.

"A 52 percent majority of Trump voters outright dismiss the allegations against Trump"

Bill Clinton's case is comparable to the case against Trump? Clinton admitted his guilt, and was found guilty of perjury after an investigation. With Trump, all we have is accusations. When we have DNA evidence that Trump did anything appropriate, then we do a poll, and those defending Trump are insane. Not until then.

"Republicans don't care about sexual harassment we also see that here"

Interesting theory.

Count me among the Republicans who think there is far more sexual impropriety among Democrats. That doesn't mean I don't care about harassment. It means I have common sense. There is a reason why Hollywood and the Democrats love each other. Your party does everything it can to mock family values and to celebrate the notion that "if it feels good, do it". Now you want to say you are the party of Puritanism? Please...
Thanks you for confirming what we all ready knew .. your bias is with out end you just keep regurating Clinton Clinton Clinton and kennedy or duke

Your party does everything it can to mock family values.. and you do everything to ignore that it happens on your side of the fence i guess
Adultery isn't a family value that concerns you but we know that all ready

I see the issue as universal (commonsense )you do not (blind bias is not common sense )

Trumps wives 1 Ivana 77-92 wife 2 Marla Maples 93-99 3 Melania Trump. 2005 family values at work

President George H.W. Bush allegedly had an LTR with British-born Jennifer Fitzgerald that lasted at least two decades, all while married to Bar, who said, “He didn’t even notice when I stopped coloring my hair.”

2. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, famously married to Maria Shriver since 1986, is allegedly a purveyor of prostitutes, the father of at least one child out of wedlock and a serial groper of women in workplace situations.

3. Sen. John McCain, 2008 Republican presidential frontrunner, and admitted adulterer and alleged philanderer. [Update July 2008: McCain’s Extramarital Affair with Cindy Ended His Friendship with Reagans in the 1970s]

4. Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of New York City and another GOP 2008 presidential contender, betrayed his second wife, TV presenter Donna Hanover, with his “very good friend” Judith Nathan, whom he has since married. Hanover also publicly accused Rudy of having an affair with a staffer, Cristyne Lategano-Nicholas.

5. Rush Limbaugh, comedian, (a.k.a. “Rusty Sharpe”) dated Marta Fitzgerald while she was married to someone else. Marta later became his third wife. (He and CNN’s Daryn Kagin recently stopped dating.)

6. Bill O’Reilly, propagandist, who is married to Maureen McPhilmy, tried to have phone sex with Andrea Mackris, who sued him for sexual harrassment.

7. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, is probably the most audacious serial adulterer in any political party.

8. Former Rep. Bob Barr’s notoriety as an adulterer was one of many ironies around the so-called Defense of Marriage Act (DoMA) which he wrote, and which was passed with the leadership of fellow adulterers Sen. Majority Leader Bob Dole and House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

9. Rep. Henry Hyde, who served as chairman of House Mangers in the adultery-related impeachment of President Clinton, was a home-wrecker himself. Hyde had an affair when he was a young and foolish man of 41 while he and his girlfriend were both very much married. Her husband later said Hyde broke up his family.

10. Gary Bauer, professional moralizing Christian nationalist, experienced a mutiny when he was running for president when actual Christians on the staff of his 2000 presidential campaign quit in protest over Bauer’s “inappropriate” behavior with a 26-year-old deputy campaign manager. Euww.

11. (Updated) Had to add this one sent in by reader S.O. that probably should have bumped poor old Henry Hyde on the list: Neal Horsley, and rightwing religious nut, freely admitted to a kinky sex life, including this outrageous exchange on Fox’s Hannity & Colmes:

AC: “You had sex with animals?”

NH: “Absolutely. I was a fool. When you grow up on a farm in Georgia, your first girlfriend is a mule.”

AC: “I’m not so sure that that is so.”

NH: “You didn’t grow up on a farm in Georgia, did you?”

AC: “Are you suggesting that everybody who grows up on a farm in Georgia has a mule as a girlfriend?”

NH: It has historically been the case. You people are so far removed from the reality… Welcome to domestic life on the farm…”

remember John you made this issue about party and family values as if Liberals dont have them

Last edited by wdmso; 12-20-2017 at 05:20 AM..
Old 12-20-2017, 05:58 AM   #302
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

7. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, is probably the most audacious serial adulterer in any political party.
I don't think you can get more audacious than an American President and the intern with the cigar on the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office

Last edited by scottw; 12-20-2017 at 06:39 AM..
Old 12-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #303
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

John Edwards - Cheating on wife while she is battling Cancer - way to stand by her

Anthony Weiner - #^&#^&#^&#^& Pics to underage girls, I bet the mule was at least 18

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-20-2017, 09:03 AM   #304
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

So all Politicians suck

Makes me think we should have less, those that are should be there for less time, and the they should have less influence.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #305
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Family values might be a subject for an entire thread. Much I fear has to do with the fact that most households for middle class america now have two parents working just to pay bills and have some discretionary income. There are pressures on parents and kids we never experienced in our lifetime.

Then you have kids growing up glued to the latest video game, filled with violence and even if they could go outside to play ball after school like I did in my youth; parents can't be sure they will return home safely after. I'm not sure I'd want to live in my parents or my grandparents world, I can't imagine living through world wars and depressions of that magnitude, but family values were probably not a problem for most. Obviously back then the value of women or people of color weren't of much value to white america, or the male version of white america, but family values meant something whether you were black, white, irish or american.

I think the fact both sides of the isle are having the same conversation and maybe going to finally get together on a partisan bill to change the rules as they apply to harassment and stopping the practice of tax payers paying for the settlements is a good thing. Good too that CEO's are likely paying attention and I'd be surprised if most companies HR managers haven't already sat down all employees to talk about it again, whether they already met their yearly legal obligation or not.

RESPECTFUL, INTEGRITY, CHARACTER; words we sadly can't use much to describe a lot of what we see in the white house and that applies to both sides of the isle unfortunately.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #306
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Thanks you for confirming what we all ready knew .. your bias is with out end you just keep regurating Clinton Clinton Clinton and kennedy or duke

Your party does everything it can to mock family values.. and you do everything to ignore that it happens on your side of the fence i guess
Adultery isn't a family value that concerns you but we know that all ready

I see the issue as universal (commonsense )you do not (blind bias is not common sense )

Trumps wives 1 Ivana 77-92 wife 2 Marla Maples 93-99 3 Melania Trump. 2005 family values at work

President George H.W. Bush allegedly had an LTR with British-born Jennifer Fitzgerald that lasted at least two decades, all while married to Bar, who said, “He didn’t even notice when I stopped coloring my hair.”

2. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, famously married to Maria Shriver since 1986, is allegedly a purveyor of prostitutes, the father of at least one child out of wedlock and a serial groper of women in workplace situations.

3. Sen. John McCain, 2008 Republican presidential frontrunner, and admitted adulterer and alleged philanderer. [Update July 2008: McCain’s Extramarital Affair with Cindy Ended His Friendship with Reagans in the 1970s]

4. Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of New York City and another GOP 2008 presidential contender, betrayed his second wife, TV presenter Donna Hanover, with his “very good friend” Judith Nathan, whom he has since married. Hanover also publicly accused Rudy of having an affair with a staffer, Cristyne Lategano-Nicholas.

5. Rush Limbaugh, comedian, (a.k.a. “Rusty Sharpe”) dated Marta Fitzgerald while she was married to someone else. Marta later became his third wife. (He and CNN’s Daryn Kagin recently stopped dating.)

6. Bill O’Reilly, propagandist, who is married to Maureen McPhilmy, tried to have phone sex with Andrea Mackris, who sued him for sexual harrassment.

8. Former Rep. Bob Barr’s notoriety as an adulterer was one of many ironies around the so-called Defense of Marriage Act (DoMA) which he wrote, and which was passed with the leadership of fellow adulterers Sen. Majority Leader Bob Dole and House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

9. Rep. Henry Hyde, who served as chairman of House Mangers in the adultery-related impeachment of President Clinton, was a home-wrecker himself. Hyde had an affair when he was a young and foolish man of 41 while he and his girlfriend were both very much married. Her husband later said Hyde broke up his family.

10. Gary Bauer, professional moralizing Christian nationalist, experienced a mutiny when he was running for president when actual Christians on the staff of his 2000 presidential campaign quit in protest over Bauer’s “inappropriate” behavior with a 26-year-old deputy campaign manager. Euww.

11. (Updated) Had to add this one sent in by reader S.O. that probably should have bumped poor old Henry Hyde on the list: Neal Horsley, and rightwing religious nut, freely admitted to a kinky sex life, including this outrageous exchange on Fox’s Hannity & Colmes:

AC: “You had sex with animals?”

NH: “Absolutely. I was a fool. When you grow up on a farm in Georgia, your first girlfriend is a mule.”

AC: “I’m not so sure that that is so.”

NH: “You didn’t grow up on a farm in Georgia, did you?”

AC: “Are you suggesting that everybody who grows up on a farm in Georgia has a mule as a girlfriend?”

NH: It has historically been the case. You people are so far removed from the reality… Welcome to domestic life on the farm…”

remember John you made this issue about party and family values as if Liberals dont have them
"you do everything to ignore that it happens on your side of the fence i guess "

I have been as critical of Trump as anyone. I disagree with the GOP on some significant social issues. I'm not a drone, not even close.

"Adultery isn't a family value that concerns you"

What do you base that on? Because I voted for Trump? I didn't vote for him to be a marriage counselor or a poster boy for what a husband should be. He is a morally bankrupt reptile. Is that going too fast for you? But in my opinion, he has better views than Hilary (also a morally bankrupt reptile) on the issues that matter most to me. Trump's personality makes me sick. But based on my values, he was a far superior choice for President, than the alternative. Voting for him, doesn't mean I endorse everything he does.

List all the GOP politicians you want, who are jerks. It will be a long, long list. That doesn't mean a damn thing. Politicians are not a representative sample of the general population, not even close. If you polled regular people who are true liberals versus true conservatives, I am confident which side would have more adultery, more abortions, more philandering, more divorce, more hedonism. I have zero doubt.

Earth to WDMSO...neither conservatives nor liberals, are defined by the personal choices made by their elected officials. Hold me accountable for the policy decisions made by the people I vote for, not for what they do in their personal lives.

I don't blame you or Paul or Spence for Bill Clinton's perversion, or for Hilary's role in it. I do fault you for not being as critical of liberal perversion, as you are of conservative perversion, there is an obvious double standard at work.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #307
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Family values might be a subject for an entire thread. Much I fear has to do with the fact that most households for middle class america now have two parents working just to pay bills and have some discretionary income. There are pressures on parents and kids we never experienced in our lifetime.

Then you have kids growing up glued to the latest video game, filled with violence and even if they could go outside to play ball after school like I did in my youth; parents can't be sure they will return home safely after. I'm not sure I'd want to live in my parents or my grandparents world, I can't imagine living through world wars and depressions of that magnitude, but family values were probably not a problem for most. Obviously back then the value of women or people of color weren't of much value to white america, or the male version of white america, but family values meant something whether you were black, white, irish or american.

I think the fact both sides of the isle are having the same conversation and maybe going to finally get together on a partisan bill to change the rules as they apply to harassment and stopping the practice of tax payers paying for the settlements is a good thing. Good too that CEO's are likely paying attention and I'd be surprised if most companies HR managers haven't already sat down all employees to talk about it again, whether they already met their yearly legal obligation or not.

RESPECTFUL, INTEGRITY, CHARACTER; words we sadly can't use much to describe a lot of what we see in the white house and that applies to both sides of the isle unfortunately.
COULD NOT AGREE MORE. Our moral compass is in dire need of a tune up.

In my opinion, conservatives want us to return to the family values you seem to long for (which I also long for), and liberals/progressives want us to move further away from that.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #308
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
So all Politicians suck

Makes me think we should have less, those that are should be there for less time, and the they should have less influence.
It would be nice to elect some more regular folks, and fewer trust fund babies and career politicians. Term limits would cure a lot of our ills, a lot of them.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #309
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

TERM LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!