Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-02-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

He pulled the race card

Herman Cain: The Attacks On Me Are Racially Motivated | RealClearPolitics

12 #^&#^&#^&#^&ing months to go and he pulled the race card.

WHAT THE #^&#^&#^&#^& DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF HE'S BLACK.

WTF WHO GIVES A FLYING #^&#^&#^&#^&

IF YOU CAN DO THE JOB BETTER THAN THE CURRENT DOOSH I DON'T CARE IF YOUR PURPLE!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
scottw

sounds like he just answered the question honestly...

Charles Krauthammer: "Mr. Cain, when Clarence Thomas was near to achieving position of high authority, he was hit with a sexual harassment charge. You contending for presidency, the office of highest authority, leading in the polls for the Republican nomination, all of the sudden get hit with a sexual harassment charge. Do you think that race, being a strong black conservative, has anything to do with the fact you've been so charged? And if so, do you have any evidence to support that?"

Herman Cain: "I believe the answer is yes, but we do not have any evidence to support it. But because I am an unconventional candidate running an unconventional campaign and achieving some unexpected unconventional results in terms of my -- the poll. We believe that yes, there are some people who are Democrats, liberals who do not want to see me win the nomination. And there could be some people on the right who don't want to see me -- because I'm not the
'establishment candidate.' No evidence."

you are such a "typical white person"

if you'd like "evidence" of his first contention regarding libs/dems...just go to MSNBC where you can view plenty of venom directed toward him simply because he's a black conservative....

his second contention regarding the "establishment" republicans is also true

he should just invite the women to his house for a beer and all would be forgiven...right?...

fortunately, former democrat presidents/candidates have so lowered the bar for behavior and expectations, he'd have to have done something REALLY bad to fall into that kind of company

Last edited by scottw; 11-02-2011 at 06:45 AM..
Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
PaulS

My favorite part was when a reporter started asking him about the 2 woman he harassed and he said "what are their names" as if there were more than 2. One of the woman's lawyer said that she was willing to come forward if she would be released from her confidentiality statement - I'll bet anyone $20 that doesn't happen.

How was he "all of the sudden get hit with a sexual harassment charge"? It seems like that happened many years ago when he actually harassed the 2 woman and his employer thought the charges were valid enough to settle 2 cases.

Did anyone lower the bar further than Nixon?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
My favorite part was when a reporter started asking him about the 2 woman he harassed and he said "what are their names" as if there were more than 2. One of the woman's lawyer said that she was willing to come forward if she would be released from her confidentiality statement - I'll bet anyone $20 that doesn't happen.

How was he "all of the sudden get hit with a sexual harassment charge"? It seems like that happened many years ago when he actually harassed the 2 woman and his employer thought the charges were valid enough to settle 2 cases.

Did anyone lower the bar further than Nixon?
who did Nixon sexually harass?...and did Cain harass anyone? sexually or otherwise?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Clarence
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
scottw

if Cain were a democrat this would not only... not be a problem, but the MSM would be finding and ripping through the lives of these women characterizing them as lunatic stalkers and the results of what you get "when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park"

fun to watch all of this

Cain appears to be enjoying record fundraising days

Last edited by scottw; 11-02-2011 at 07:22 AM..
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Cain appears to be enjoying record fundraising days
I hear J Edelman made a large contribution.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
who did Nixon sexually harass?...and did Cain harass anyone? sexually or otherwise?
Don't know who Nixon harassed - all as I know is that he set the bar as low as it can go for presidential behavior.

Why would Cain have setteled if he didn't harass anyone? Since you seem to think he didn't harass anyone, I would guess he'll take the lawyer up on the woman's offer to release her from the confidentiality agreement? Do you want to take me up on my bet he won't don't that?

Quote:
fun to watch all of this
I agree, it is funny.

Evidence of prior sexual harassment comes out and repub. attack dogs pull the race card and call it a "high tech. lynching". Candidate tries to deny it happened and gets caught in repeated lies. repub. supporters increase donations to levels unseen for candidate - and your supposing what would have happened if it was a dem.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Don't know who Nixon harassed - all as I know is that he set the bar as low as it can go for presidential behavior.

Why would Cain have setteled if he didn't harass anyone? Since you seem to think he didn't harass anyone, I would guess he'll take the lawyer up on the woman's offer to release her from the confidentiality agreement? Do you want to take me up on my bet he won't don't that?

I agree, it is funny.

Evidence of prior sexual harassment comes out and repub. attack dogs pull the race card and call it a "high tech. lynching". Candidate tries to deny it happened and gets caught in repeated lies. repub. supporters increase donations to levels unseen for candidate - and your supposing what would have happened if it was a dem.
you are very anxious to suppose quite a bit

if Nixon were a democrat...he could have finished out his term....
Old 11-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #10
PaulS

I suppose we could be thankful Agnew resigned b/f Nixon.

If I tried to sexually harass someone, they prob. would laugh.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Paul - my 2 cents from a corporate, not political perspective - If Cain did sexually harass someone, he would have been fired. No organization wants to have that hanging over their head and the corp would be responsible if anyone ever complained again. I've seen it happen a few times when people got a little carried away at Christmas parties. A settlement is a form of "shut up and go away" payment. The employee leaves, gets some $ and promises not to talk about it. Its a quick resolution to a problem. I bet Cain acted inapproriately to some degree but did not harras or use his position to request favors. he would have been fired.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
Duke41
got gas?

It is insulting to all races to hear the term "High Tech Lynching" That was a disgraceful time in America. I can't imagine how I would feel if my Grandfather was lynched and I heard this #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& or Clarance Thomas use that term.. Just dreadful.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
PaulS

RIJ - That is certainly a possibility.

Some years ago the cultural on wall street was such that sexual harassment was accepted. I remember there were stories of one brokerage/investment bank?? that had a room called the "boom boom" room.

I worked for a then big 6 accounting firm and was on a trip to DC - In a cab with one of the top female partners (60 years old) who managed a big office of ours. She was complaining how she had to deal w/a young female assoc. who was complaing b/c another assoc. asked her out. Partner - what did he say. Assoc. - He just asked me out. Partner - what else. Assoc. - nothing. Partner - Then why was it harassment? Assoc - Well he shouldn't be asking out anyone he works with. Partner says to us in cab - I wish people would ask me out.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
One of the woman's lawyer said that she was willing to come forward if she would be released from her confidentiality statement - I'll bet anyone $20 that doesn't happen.
Hasn't she already breached her confidentiality statement? Was she lying when she agreed to confidentiality, or is she lying now?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #15
Redsoxticket

Herman stated that all he said to the accuser was that his wife was her height at his chin level.
Look at this photo of Cain and his wife. Notice that she is much shorter then his chin level and likely with dress shoes with heels. I think that Cain actually gestured that his wife was much lower then his chin level. The girl may have thought of it as a sexual advancement such as a indirectly asking for BJ. Also I am willing to bet the girl was white because a black girl would have kicked his bass.

Last edited by Redsoxticket; 11-02-2011 at 11:53 AM..
Old 11-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
detbuch

Oops. I misread the Politico statement. I took it that Politico had gotten the story from the women who made the settlement. It just says that unnamed sources told Politico about the allegations. Doesn't say it was the women involved.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #17
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
Herman stated that all he said to the accuser was that his wife was her height at his chin level.
Look at this photo of Cain and his wife. Notice that she is much shorter then his chin level and likely with dress shoes with heels. I think that Cain actually gestured that his wife was much lower then his chin level. The girl may have thought of it as a sexual advancement such as a indirectly asking for BJ. Also I am willing to bet the girl was white because a black girl would have kicked his bass.

i think you're right, makes sense now

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Hasn't she already breached her confidentiality statement? Was she lying when she agreed to confidentiality, or is she lying now?
I don't know if the agreement was a 3 way with Cain a signee. But if it was, couldn't you ask the same question about him? And wouldn't the rest. assoc. be subject to the same provision?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #19
fishbones

Paul, I deal with this stuff at work on occasion. Sexual harrassment is one of those terms that is thrown around pretty loosely these days and employers get scared when they hear it. We've settled cases for low dollar amounts even thought we didn't believe the accuser just because it was cheaper than going to trial. Many cases that are settled are the typical "she said, he said" cases where it's hard to say who's telling the truth. Sometimes both people are telling the truth and it's all about how the other person interpreted it. One of the first things I say to all new managers in the company is that "perception is reality, so always think about what you say and how it can be interpreted".

As a side note, the main reason I went into HR is so I could sexually harrass women and they would have no one to report it to.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
I don't know if the agreement was a 3 way with Cain a signee. But if it was, couldn't you ask the same question about him? And wouldn't the rest. assoc. be subject to the same provision?
Since it occurred 8 minutes before your reply, you probably didn't get a chance to see my retraction. As I said, I misread the Politico story as implying that they got their information directly from the women involved. Politico says merely "unnamed" sources, not specifically the women. And if Herman Cain was a signatory to the agreement he may have breached the confidentiallity agreement by saying that he never sexually harassed anybody. So yes, if he signed the agreement, you're right, the same thing can be said about him. Plus, he's already been caught in the lie about not knowing about the settlement. But we don't know if he was directly involved in the settlement. It may have been a suit against the Association and been between the Association and the plaintiffs. The problem is we don't really know the details so conjecture is pointless. Supposedly, once these agreements are made, that is the end of it. If a third party not involved in the negotiation divulged the information to Politico, legally, it can only be considered hearsay and is more sensational rather than responsible journalism. The fact that it is being brought up now, especially if by an uninvolved party, smells more of political destruction than an attempt to bring justice to the agrieved women. They settled their justice years ago, apparently satisfied with the compensation, and would not want to lose it now by breach of contract. But, Cain's public discussion even though it has been a response to charges, if he signed the agreement, opens the door for a judge to disallow the confidentiality statements and the women may tell their stories. Their may be even more damaging information about Cain to come out. There are "reports" that he wasn't all that competent as an executive before. A lot is going to happen to Cain in the next few days and weeks that may undo him. He invited this by running for President. If he, miraculously, survives, he'll be worthy of the office. Doubtful.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-02-2011 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Their may be even more damaging information about Cain to come out. There are "reports" that he wasn't all that competent as an executive before. A lot is going to happen to Cain in the next few days and weeks that may undo him. He invited this by running for President. If he, miraculously, survives, he'll be worthy of the office. Doubtful.
amazing ain't it....

Ted Kennedy killed a woman and was noted drunk and serial harasser of women but still was a serious primary contender for the democrat nomination for president .......and is still celebrated...Patrick did everything but kill a woman...would have been a great dem presidential candidate...might still had aspirations

Bill Clinton had a host of women who accused him of some pretty serious infractions, so much so that his campaign had a bimbo eruption squad dedicated to destroying these women if they wouldn't go away...he was president for 8 years...and is still celebrated

Hillary led the bimbo eruption squad and she was a serious candidate for the democrat nomination, and some would say she still is...and she's still celebrated

John Edwards..... lowest form of life...no?

and as usual this is just the tip of the iceberg if you want to compile a list of nare-do-wells

but......

unnamed sources recounting stories from women who are speaking on conditions of anonymity and offering no details might very well sink the campaign of Herman Cain

makes perfect sense to me

should note that I'm not sure that this will sink him but there are plenty of people ready to jump on him with both feet for something that is not clear at this point and pales in comparison based on what might be known at this point to the precedent that has been set...

Last edited by scottw; 11-03-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
He invited this by running for President. If he, miraculously, survives, he'll be worthy of the office. Doubtful.
Any person running for national office who thinks they can hide an issue from their past is crazy.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Any person running for national office who thinks they can hide an issue from their past is crazy.
it's not a matter of hiding it, it's to what degree you will be held accountable based on your political persuasion....

democrats may engage in nearly any form of transgression and their supporters in the public and press will overlook, excuse and defend pretty much anything...

you mentioned Nixon...he left office

wanna make a list....????

you make your list of republicans that did bad things and note how it ended for them

I'll make my list and you will see that bad behavior by dems is usually defended and then rewarded

mine is going to take a while so many reprobates, so little time

Last edited by scottw; 11-03-2011 at 07:35 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Which is why we will never see a solid candidate run for office......nobody with half a brain is going to put themselves and their families through that.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #25
scottw

oh..and these "occupy" people are almost exactly just like the Tea Party....right?

and enjoy nearly the same treatment in the press

amazing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	acd21258b6346a18fd0e6a706700b026.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	49067  
Old 11-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
it's not a matter of hiding it, it's to what degree you will be held accountable based on your political persuasion....

democrats may engage in nearly any form of transgression and their supporters in the public and press will overlook, excuse and defend pretty much anything...

you mentioned Nixon...he left office

wanna make a list....????

you make your list of republicans that did bad things and note how it ended for them

I'll make my list and you will see that bad behavior by dems is usually defended and then rewarded

mine is going to take a while so many reprobates, so little time

I'm not a miserable petty ideologue like you who keeps track of things like that. I think both parties are just as bad. I vote for a candidate, not a party. You just thing that I vote all dem. but it is only over the last few years when I think the rep. have swung too far right for me.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
I'm not a miserable petty ideologue like you .
right...you are none of those

if your contention is "I think both parties are just as bad."...

prove it .... rather than hurl insults...

let's compare the Tea Party and the Occupiers while we are at it in your non-idealouge, unmiserable, not-even-a-bit-petty and very even-minded thinking approach to everything....since we are also told that both of those "parties" are both "just as bad"

Paul S. QUOTES
" That is not how RIJimmy sees it. As he repeatedly does, if he can find a video or a report of someone from the party he hates, he states it is indicitive of that whole party.

The demographics seem much different b/t the 2 groups. The teabaggers where much older folks so comparing income levels is laughable.

And the teabaggers demands can be summed up in "I don't want to pay any taxes for anything or want any of my taxes to go to support anyone less fortunate than myself"

Every newscast I have seen of the occupiers is of 20 somethings with a small mixture of older folks. The teabaggers were much, much older - and from many of the comments I saw, I would call them idiots, morans, selfish bastards, etc. HA, HA, HA"

The distinction shows up in many ways, not least in the latest police reports.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/e...LEL/story.html

Last edited by scottw; 11-03-2011 at 09:14 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #28
PaulS

Quote:
right...you are none of those

if your contention is "I think both parties are just as bad."...

prove it .... rather than hurl insults...
I'm just telling you how you come across. I have no need to spend time researching which party has more people that commit bad deeds - or searching what was posted in other threads - but if it makes you feel better about yourself, knock yourself out.

If you want to start a thread about the 2 parties, go ahead but stop trying to derail my thread.

Did you see how Cain is now blaming someone from Perry's campaign who use to work previously for Cain? Funny how Cain says he discussed it with him in 2003 or but earlier this week denied knowing anything about it. Maybe this will increase his donations some more?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:
I'm just telling you how you come across. I have no need to spend time researching which party has more people that commit bad deeds - or searching what was posted in other threads - but if it makes you feel better about yourself, knock yourself out. thanks for the heads up...next time you slither up the pedestal of supposed impartiality and fire off insults it might be good to look inward first

If you want to start a thread about the 2 parties, go ahead but stop trying to derail my thread. I don't think this is YOUR thread

Did you see how Cain is now blaming someone from Perry's campaign who use to work previously for Cain? Funny how Cain says he discussed it with him in 2003 or but earlier this week denied knowing anything about it. Maybe this will increase his donations some more?
maybe

I think "YOUR THREAD" is the one where you declared Cain a sexual harasser without any evidence
Old 11-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
maybe

I think "YOUR THREAD" is the one where you declared Cain a sexual harasser without any evidence
your right - sorry about that. I should have said "a thread".

You want me to present evidence Where have you been the last week