Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Latest Protests

Latest protests in Charlotte are going to help Trump.

Before everyone calls out Rassist, "protesting" via rioting and causing injury to others and law enforcement are not going to enamor most people with the plight of the protestors, even the legitimate and positive people. There will be a lot of people from across the political spectrum that will vote for law and order (regardless of how bad the law and order candidate is) over lawlessness in their city or town.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-22-2016, 07:11 AM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go

It really is getting out of control and I fear bloodshed before this country can become whole again.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-22-2016, 07:28 AM   #3
buckman

It is time for President Obama to stand up, and demand that this stop and do whatever he can to stop the violence .
Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Latest protests in Charlotte are going to help Trump.

Before everyone calls out Rassist, "protesting" via rioting and causing injury to others and law enforcement are not going to enamor most people with the plight of the protestors, even the legitimate and positive people. There will be a lot of people from across the political spectrum that will vote for law and order (regardless of how bad the law and order candidate is) over lawlessness in their city or town.
"Latest protests in Charlotte are going to help Trump."

BINGO. Brilliant observation. For this to happen in a key swing state like NC, is (politically speaking, set aside the human suffering for a moment) a gift from God to Trump - if he is cunning enough to take full advantage, which he may well not be. If it plays out, as it appears it will, that the cop did nothing wrong, people in NC are going to be pissed that feral liberal anarchy did this to their state capital. This isn't CT or California. NC is a different brand of vodka, and outside Charlotte, this isn't going to help the candidate who kisses Al Sharpton's ring.

If I'm Trump, I show endless commercials in NC of Hilary kissing Sharpton's keyster.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It is time for President Obama to stand up, and demand that this stop and do whatever he can to stop the violence .
A president who wasn't a radical liberal, would have done that long ago. This is a guy who aligned himself with Bill Ayers, who was close with Rev Wright, and therefore likely thinks the rioters are correct to be deathly afraid of all white cops.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Refresh my memory, how many race riots did we have in this country during the Bush presidency? We still had white cops then, right?
Old 09-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
We still had white cops then, right?
Doesn't need to be a White Cop....

This was a Black cop that shot a Black man, as confirmed by the Black Chief of Police.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-22-2016, 09:02 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Doesn't need to be a White Cop....

This was a Black cop that shot a Black man, as confirmed by the Black Chief of Police.
Correct again!

In better news, you might like to know that I signed my first grader up for cub scouts, Tiger Den I think. First trip is coming up, an overnighter on a battleship in Fall River. He and I are both excited to be starting what I hope will be a journey as rewarding as I assume yours was with your son. I always liked hearing how involved you were.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Correct again!

In better news, you might like to know that I signed my first grader up for cub scouts, Tiger Den I think. First trip is coming up, an overnighter on a battleship in Fall River. He and I are both excited to be starting what I hope will be a journey as rewarding as I assume yours was with your son. I always liked hearing how involved you were.
The USS Massachusetts....best overnighter we did in Cub Scouts. You will have a blast.

just get involved and enjoy the ride....its a lot of fun....gives you an excuse to be a kid again.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:36 AM   #10
DZ

Race relations regression will be Obama's most significant fail IMO. This will be a huge part of his legacy.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
The USS Massachusetts....best overnighter we did in Cub Scouts. You will have a blast.

just get involved and enjoy the ride....its a lot of fun....gives you an excuse to be a kid again.
We both can't wait!

My son is a shy kid. I brought him to the signups, and he was sitting next to me as I filled out the paperwork. Some slightly older kids came over, and invited him to do an art project with them, then they played tag, then one of them invited him to his birthday party. Sometimes you can just tell that you are surrounded by people who share your values. I am very happy he will be having these experiences, and sharing them with these kinds of families. Already talking about taking his den, maybe a couple of dens, ice fishing this winter with a well known CT guide.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Race relations regression will be Obama's most significant fail IMO. This will be a huge part of his legacy.
Colossal failure.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #13
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
We both can't wait!

My son is a shy kid. I brought him to the signups, and he was sitting next to me as I filled out the paperwork. Some slightly older kids came over, and invited him to do an art project with them, then they played tag, then one of them invited him to his birthday party. Sometimes you can just tell that you are surrounded by people who share your values. I am very happy he will be having these experiences, and sharing them with these kinds of families. Already talking about taking his den, maybe a couple of dens, ice fishing this winter with a well known CT guide.
That's awesome!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Do you think that Birther movement had anything to do with this?
Old 09-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #15
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
No
Old 09-22-2016, 10:20 AM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
I don't. You hear a lot of complaining about this but only a small subset of people really believe it - then and now.

(For the record, I think ANYONE running for President - or any office that requires standards be met - should need to submit all of the proper documentation to prove eligibility - always have and long before Obama)

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #17
buckman

Whew ....thank God we did away with the Confederate flag
Old 09-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I don't. You hear a lot of complaining about this but only a small subset of people really believe it - then and now.

(For the record, I think ANYONE running for President - or any office that requires standards be met - should need to submit all of the proper documentation to prove eligibility - always have and long before Obama)
I have seen surveys that said that almost 1/2 of Repubs. believe Pres. Obama was a Muslim and/or born outside the US. There was 0 proof of that.

I agree anyone running for office should provide the proper docs. So do you think Pres. Obama was elected Pres. w/o having to provide those docs. and if so, w/o anyone reviewing those docs. or looking into his background? I can't imagine that. He was on the Senate Foreign relations committee. I'm sure he was briefed by our intelligence agencies. I would think they would have looked into his background bf those briefings.

I'd be interested in Dennis' thoughts.

Last edited by JohnR; 09-22-2016 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Took red section out of my quotes ;)
Old 09-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

you seem to be the one keeping the Birther movement alive and well.

I haven't heard anyone bring that up in years.

Those surveys you are referencing....how old are they?

Old 09-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
no, but Lack of leadership on Obama's fault has a lot to do with it.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
A TINY bit. They are a very small fringe group, whom no one believes.

The Dallas police sniper didn't say he was getting revenge for the birthers. I have never seen anyone at a recent riot, holding a sign that said anything about birthers. I see a lot of signs about BLM.

Am I wrong, Paul?
Old 09-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
I agree anyone running for office should provide the proper docs. So do you think Pres. Obama was elected Pres. w/o having to provide those docs. and if so, w/o anyone reviewing those docs. or looking into his background? I can't imagine that. He was on the Senate Foreign relations committee. I'm sure he was briefed by our intelligence agencies. I would think they would have looked into his background bf those briefings.

I'd be interested in Dennis' thoughts.
you should check with Hillary and friends...pretty sure she gave rise to the birther phenomenon..she might have your answers as to why there was ever a question....
Old 09-22-2016, 10:45 AM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
you seem to be the one keeping the Birther movement alive and well.

I haven't heard anyone bring that up in years.

Those surveys you are referencing....how old are they?
I thought that Trump just mentioned it?

Didn't he?

So all those feelings Pres. Obama was a Muslim and was born in Kenya went away?
Old 09-22-2016, 11:19 AM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Let me clarify...

Why do YOU keep bringing up the birther movement HERE? I haven't seen anyone bring that up HERE in years.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #25
scottw

nobody cares anymore...everyone knows he was born in Kenya, this is what happens when you don't protect your borders
Old 09-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
nobody cares anymore...everyone knows he was born in Kenya, this is what happens when you don't protect your borders
See, THAT'S Sarcasm (I Hope)

Old 09-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
See, THAT'S Sarcasm (I Hope)
indeed....sarcasm is when you are almost laughing too hard to hit "submit reply"
Old 09-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #28
PaulS

Quote:
Let me clarify...

Why do YOU keep bringing up the birther movement HERE? I haven't seen anyone bring that up HERE in years.
Why does it bother you that I bring it up? And what is the time limit on bringing something up with you not liking it? Does Hillary's sniper comment get an exemption?

I bring it up BC almost 50% of the Republicans believed in it and I think it had/has a huge amount to do with the current racial climate.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #29
DZ

Paul - I don't know - I always thought the birther issue was a crock.

But to get back to race relations - Obama has been the CIC for 8 years. When you're the boss man you bear responsibility for everything that happens on your watch - both the good AND the bad. He's quick to take credit... but slow on admitting or taking blame for failed policy. He had a chance to improve things for the race - hasn't done enough IMO.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:45 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Why does it bother you that I bring it up? And what is the time limit on bringing something up with you not liking it? Does Hillary's sniper comment get an exemption?

I bring it up BC almost 50% of the Republicans believed in it and I think it had/has a huge amount to do with the current racial climate.
a) Wayne said we're supposed to talk about the future not the past because that's what "progressives" do, lean us forward to the future rather than drag us back to the past where the conservatives would like us to go as soon as possible so that they can enjoy slavery and stuff once again...

b) Hillary's sniper controversy should never be brought up again...hear that JIM!?!.....nobody will ever care other than to lament that she was not shot down

c)where 50% ( I question this but whatever) of republicans think Bummer was born has absolutely nothing to do with the current racial climate...and remember...Bummer is only 50% black so you need to divide everything by two