Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #31
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Apparently the CIA couldn't let go of the 'Movie' either.

"WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama was told in his daily intelligence briefing for more than a week after the consulate siege in Benghazi that the assault grew out of a spontaneous protest, despite conflicting reports from witnesses and other sources that began to cast doubt on the accuracy of that assessment almost from the start. New details about the contents of the President's Daily Brief, which haven't been reported previously, show that the Central Intelligence Agency didn't adjust the classified assessment until Sept. 22, fueling tensions between the administration and the agency. "
Intelligence Stressed Libya Protest Scenario - WSJ.com

This doesn't change the debate about security, which may be a fair argument, but does give some context to the 'cover-up'....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #32
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Apparently the CIA couldn't let go of the 'Movie' either.

"WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama was told in his daily intelligence briefing for more than a week after the consulate siege in Benghazi that the assault grew out of a spontaneous protest, despite conflicting reports from witnesses and other sources that began to cast doubt on the accuracy of that assessment almost from the start. New details about the contents of the President's Daily Brief, which haven't been reported previously, show that the Central Intelligence Agency didn't adjust the classified assessment until Sept. 22, fueling tensions between the administration and the agency. "
Intelligence Stressed Libya Protest Scenario - WSJ.com

This doesn't change the debate about security, which may be a fair argument, but does give some context to the 'cover-up'....
Pathetic . Director Petraeus should resign
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #33
buckman

I thought the President called it an act of terror in the Rose Garden . Pick a story and stick to it already!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #34
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, the guy in charge of state department security in the Mideast, said that 2 teams (either 12 or 14 guys each) were removed from the Bengazi embassy, AGAINST HIS WISHES.

24 extra trained Americans, compared to the 2 SEALs who were there?

I'm not into predicting things on a 'what if' basis. But there is an enormous difference between 2 defenders and 26 defenders.
The embassy is in Tripoli where the security teams are stationed. I believe it was one team of 16.

Also, the security team in Benghazi had more that 2 agents.

There are detailed accounts online.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I thought the President called it an act of terror in the Rose Garden . Pick a story and stick to it already!!!
Since when can't an act of terror be spontaneously triggered? If not what's the planning deadline? 1 week? 1 month?

Even better, Romney has been getting security briefings for weeks now. He should have a very good idea of what Obama knew and when.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The embassy is in Tripoli where the security teams are stationed. I believe it was one team of 16.

Also, the security team in Benghazi had more that 2 agents.

There are detailed accounts online.
Yes there are. Here's one.

Congress to probe security flaws for Libya diplomats - CBS News

Lt Colonel Wood is in charge of embassy security in that area. A total of 22 special forces security personal were removed from the embassy in August, despite the fact that Wood asked for "more" security, not "less".

"We tried to illustrate...to show them how dangerous and how volatile and just unpredictable that whole environment was over there. So to decrease security in the face of that really is... it's just unbelievable," Wood said."

Sorry Spence. Someone really screwed this up, and that screw up quite possibly resulted in the deaths of 4 superb Americans. Worse, your hero went to great lengths to portray this incident as something other than what it was, to minimize how incompetent he would look. Obama likley isn't personally responsible for the lack of security, but he is 100% responsible for the lies that followed.

Spin that away, Spence.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #37
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence;964775

Even better, Romney has been getting security briefings for weeks now. He should have a very good idea of what Obama knew and when.
[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Better for who? Maybe not your bromance
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #38
spence

Jim, that's old news and also other testimony provides contrasting opinions.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #39
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Better for who? Maybe not your bromance
Its going to make it harder for Romney to spew BS, he'll have a more narrow window in which to operate.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, that's old news and also other testimony provides contrasting opinions.
Is it just an 'opinion' that 20+ security personal were removed, oh why the hell bother with you, I'm done...