Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #331
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

.. and I'll dump it down

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-14-2019, 09:03 AM   #332
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
🍺🍔
Quote:
Only a very sharp tool can relay that info PeteF.

🤡🍔
Quote:
🤐🍔
Quote:
All he does is comment on people’s posts with nothing to add.
^^
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71056065-irony-alert-newspaper-article-text.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	66667  

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-14-2019, 09:06 AM   #333
Sea Dangles

🎯👍🏿
Old 11-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #334
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just a little logic and it becomes obvious why he’s Floridaman

Has any GOP member explained why — if as Jim Jordan says Ukraine is “one of the three most corrupt countries on the planet” — Trump trusted them to investigate two U.S. citizens for...corruption?

Perhaps you should direct your question to George Kent who testified that he had complete confidence in the Zelenskyy government now.

Kent also said he would love to see complete investigations begun by the Zelenskyy government into Burisma's theft and the corruption of former Ukraine officials -- Officials, including prosecutors, who were bought off to end the earlier investigation and allow all that money (some provided by the USA) to vanish.
"George Kent, deputy assistant secretary at the State Department, said he believed alleged corruption related to Ukrainian gas company Burisma should be investigated, a point Republicans have emphasized in their defense of President Donald Trump.

“To summarize, we thought that Mykola Zlochevsky had stolen money,” Kent said of the oligarch head of Burisma. “We thought a prosecutor had taken a bribe to shut the case, those were our main concerns."

“Are you in favor of that matter being fully investigated and prosecuted?” asked Steve Castor, Republicans' counsel on the House Intelligence Committee.

“I think since U.S. taxpayer dollars were wasted, I would love to see the Ukrainian prosecutor’s office find out who the corrupt prosecutor was and who took the bribe, and how much was paid, and that’s what I told the deputy prosecutor general on February 3, 2015,” Kent replied.

When asked if he thought individuals or organizations responsible for the bribes should be prosecuted, Kent replied, "I agree that the Ukrainian law authorities should uphold the rule of law and hold people accountable for breaking Ukrainian law.""

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ed/4180372002/

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #335
Pete F.
Canceled

The call to Zelensky that is at the crux of this investigation wasn’t just “inappropriate.” It was one part of a conspiracy to withhold aid for Trumps personal gain, that took numerous people (Trump in coordination with Guiliani, Sondland, Mulvaney, Fruman, Parnas, Volker and Perry at a minimum) months to put together to bully Ukraine into announcing a politically motivated investigation. Yesterday’s hearing confirmed that and subsequent ones will build on it.

Trump claims it was not inappropriate. And his modus operandi tells us that if he gets away with something like this again as he did with Assange and Wikileaks, he’ll do it again. Because he has done it again.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #336
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I guess he took “dumbing” it down literally

Either that, or we’re no match for his superior intellect

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #337
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
Perhaps you should direct your question to George Kent who testified that he had complete confidence in the Zelenskyy government now.

Kent also said he would love to see complete investigations begun by the Zelenskyy government into Burisma's theft and the corruption of former Ukraine officials -- Officials, including prosecutors, who were bought off to end the earlier investigation and allow all that money (some provided by the USA) to vanish.
"George Kent, deputy assistant secretary at the State Department, said he believed alleged corruption related to Ukrainian gas company Burisma should be investigated, a point Republicans have emphasized in their defense of President Donald Trump.

“To summarize, we thought that Mykola Zlochevsky had stolen money,” Kent said of the oligarch head of Burisma. “We thought a prosecutor had taken a bribe to shut the case, those were our main concerns."

“Are you in favor of that matter being fully investigated and prosecuted?” asked Steve Castor, Republicans' counsel on the House Intelligence Committee.

“I think since U.S. taxpayer dollars were wasted, I would love to see the Ukrainian prosecutor’s office find out who the corrupt prosecutor was and who took the bribe, and how much was paid, and that’s what I told the deputy prosecutor general on February 3, 2015,” Kent replied.

When asked if he thought individuals or organizations responsible for the bribes should be prosecuted, Kent replied, "I agree that the Ukrainian law authorities should uphold the rule of law and hold people accountable for breaking Ukrainian law.""

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ed/4180372002/

I watched the hearing and have yet to see an official transcript, but when Kent was asked that question he qualified his answer quite carefully and did not say he had "complete confidence"

There was also another line of questioning about the timeline of Biden, Burisma and investigations that I don't have time to look up on video.

Some other things Kent said:

“It was unexpected, and most unfortunate, to watch some Americans — including those who allied themselves with corrupt Ukrainians in pursuit of private agendas — launch attacks on dedicated public servants advancing U.S. interests in Ukraine,” he said.

"You can't promote principled anti-corruption action without pissing off corrupt people."

“To your knowledge, is there any factual basis to support the allegation that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election?” Goldman asked, to which Kent replied, “To my knowledge, there is no factual basis, no. … I think it’s amply clear that Russian interference was at the heart of the interference.”

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Michael Carpenter also had some applicable comments:

"What strikes me about President Trump‘s efforts to smear Vice President Biden and spread a pro-Russian conspiracy theory about the 2016 election is both the degree to which Trump was willing to abuse the office of the presidency to achieve his aims, but also the types of people he and Rudy Giuliani enlisted in their effort. Partnering with henchmen like Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman is bad enough. But look closely at who Trump and Giuliani worked with in Ukraine. Viktor Shokin, Konstantin Kulyk, Yuri Lutsenko, and Dmytro Firtash are all associated with major corruption scandals. In other words, President Trump and his lawyer enlisted the most corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs and officials to carry out their scheme of pressuring the Ukrainian President. Rather than helping Zelensky to fight corruption, they dragged him into their own corruption scandal."

Last edited by Pete F.; 11-14-2019 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Add

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #338
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
An impeachment is a political proceeding per the Constitution
The criminal trial could come later and would be based on the rule of law
moving the goalposts. i was responding to your laughable comment that lawyers don’t proceed with a case unless they feel they have a good case. they’re a group that’s well known for
being motivated
by money and political ambition.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:02 AM   #339
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I guess he took “dumbing” it down literally

you could try to tell me how I am .. if you could ...
Old 11-14-2019, 11:04 AM   #340
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
moving the goalposts. i was responding to your laughable comment that lawyers don’t proceed with a case unless they feel they have a good case. they’re a group that’s well known for
being motivated
by money and political ambition.
Is your position that prosecutions in the USA occur largely for political reasons and are not governed by the rule of law?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #341
ReelinRod

You know how Democrats think the typical Trump voter is backwoods hillbilly trailer trash?

Here is an engineered diagram that intended to fully explain to those rubes the Democrat's argument for impeaching Trump:

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #342
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

probably this one
Old 11-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #343
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
You know how Democrats think the typical Trump voter is backwoods hillbilly trailer trash?

Here is an engineered diagram that intended to fully explain to those rubes the Democrat's argument for impeaching Trump:

Actually the Democrats are saying Trump organized a conspiracy to get Ukraine to publicly say they were investigating Biden and that picture is pretty close to the machinations of Floridaman and Colludy in their attempt to reach that goal.

The GOP defense theory for the debacle in Ukraine is a combination of the following: a) it ain't a bank robbery if you don't end up with the cash; b) it ain't a bank robbery if you dislike some of the bank's employees; c) I can rob any bank I want; d) it ain't a bank robbery if—look! a bird! e) it ain't a bank robbery if the robber says it isn't; f) it ain't a bank robbery if the bank's employees are too scared to finger the perp; g) it ain't a bank robbery if another bank got robbed a long time ago; h) who cares about this bank? i) bank robbery isn't illegal; j) you can't lose your job just for committing a bank robbery; k) some of the bank's employees didn't immediately realize they were being robbed; l) I'm not the only one who robs banks—everyone does it!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #344
Sea Dangles

Your opinion is important to....PaulS
🤠🍔
Old 11-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #345
PaulS

Quote:
Your opinion is important to....PaulS
����
Well he certainly is much smarter than you.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #346
Pete F.
Canceled

Here comes the bus, look out Coludy

Meadows: Having spent seven hours with Ambassador Sondland, I think what you’ll find is anytime he had direct contact with the President of the United States, and not Rudy Giulinai or others, the message was clear. There was no condition placed on aid.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-14-2019, 04:02 PM   #347
Pete F.
Canceled

Hmmm............
President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani says in a new interview that he isn't worried about the prospect of the president turning on him, but joked that he has "very good insurance" in the event that he does.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #348
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Well he certainly is much smarter than you.
Yup
Mensa
🤡🍔

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #349
Pete F.
Canceled

Treason, BRIBERY, or “other high Crimes or Misdemeanors”: George Mason expressly urged including “OR OTHER HIGH CRIMES OR MISDEMEANORS” in place of “OR CORRUPTION” in order to cover all ATTEMPTS to subvert the Constitution.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #350
PaulS

Sondland and Trump calling each other on unsecured cell phones. Amateurs
Old 11-14-2019, 09:23 PM   #351
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Hey he's the smartest president of all times, I'm certain that line was secure, he wouldn't be stupid like that. I'm sick of all this impeachment crap, we bribe foreign governments all the time to interfere in our elections, just get over it.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:46 AM   #352
scottw

you'd think the liberal tools would be full of glee now that their impeachment wet dream has commenced....like dour Nancy however, they seem particularly prickly and less than confident
Old 11-15-2019, 07:42 AM   #353
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You must have watched a different hearing, the panic I saw was clearly the GOP, can’t wait for this to wrap up. They will impeach, Moscow Mitch will have a quick damn it I have to do it trial and then we can finally get the people to make up their minds in 2020. I think he should dump Pence and put Steven Miller in as his running mate, then the agenda will be right out in the open.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #354
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

can’t wait for this to wrap up.

I hope it goes on for months
Old 11-15-2019, 08:24 AM   #355
PaulS

Quote:
I think he should dump Pence and put Steven Miller in as his running mate, then the agenda will be right out in the open.
Nothing will happen to the white nationalist. Another low for the cess pool in the WH.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #356
wdmso

todays line with be Ambassadors server at the POTUS pleasure he does not required a reason to remove them or shes a “Obama holdover”

President Barack Obama fired General James Mattis, the head of Central Command, the right had a meltdown.. (no support for at his pleasure)

But with Trump it is ok because he is POTUS , Trump heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend (Rudy Giuliani) Marie Yovanovitch stood in the way. ..... Trump never met of spoke to her .... Gone

its amazing to See Republican complaints about no direct contact and 2nd hand info but do the same thing and thinks its different..
Old 11-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #357
scottw

these butt hurt bureaucrats are pretty funny...i wonder what schif offered them in return for their cooperation?

"heard it from a friend who....heard it from a friend who...heard it from another you've been messin' around"
Old 11-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #358
Jim in CT

Quote:
You must have watched a different hearing, the panic I saw was clearly the GOP, can’t wait for this to wrap up. They will impeach, Moscow Mitch will have a quick damn it I have to do it trial and then we can finally get the people to make up their minds in 2020. I think he should dump Pence and put Steven Miller in as his running mate, then the agenda will be right out in the open.
panic over what? did you see jim jordan question the star witness, who admitted zero first hand
knowledge of anything?
Old 11-15-2019, 09:36 AM   #359
Sea Dangles

Jim Jordan got out the skewer.

#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s don’t like him.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:43 AM   #360
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim Jordan got out the skewer.

#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s don’t like him.
well he was at ohio state when some other guy assaulted a woman, so clearly that’s his fault.