Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 06-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

WELLS FARGO

%$%$%$%$%$%$%$s. I had my IRA with AG Edwards for years, they got bought out then that company got bought out by Wells Fargo. All of a sudden we got fees up the ass. Yearly fee, brokerage fees, all kinds of stuff.

They took and sold 2 of my wife's stocks to satisfy the yearly fee this year. They had no permission, they never sent a bill. They just took and sold them.

I opened up all new accounts at Etrade several weeks ago. I got statements back from the WF account today, the %$%$%$%$ers had the balls to charge me $95 per account to close the accounts. Again they just took it out of the free cash in the accounts. No invoice no nothing they just took it.

BEWARE WELLS FARGO. This is not the first time I've had run ins with them. I had financed a dining room set years ago through them and had problems with them back then too. If you currently do business with them I'd highly recommend go elsewhere. Even my broker told me the same thing before I closed the account!!!

Never again
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Clammer

Thumbs down

they also have a major portion on the foreclosed properties in the country .

Is that cuz they gave out more shaky loans ??? or don,t want to deal with short sales .

Yet I know someone personally .. that they gave a loan modification to & let 8 months behind in payments slide .

IMO ..as far as lending & dealing with / the worse one is BOA . their ads state they are giving home mortgages . yet every single time we get within a week of the closing date . They start asking for documents that should have been requested within the 1st 2 weeks of the loan process. or start adding on B/S conditions hoping that the buyer can,t fill the request ;;

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #3
Raven

Thumbs down yep i hear ya

loud and clear

Wells Fargo is like a dead skunk in the middle of the road

something you'd only dare touch with a ten foot pole....

and that's just to bury it.

i hate them
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I should mention that when they TOOK and SOLD my wife's two stocks that they also charged her a $21 brokerage fee to do this too so the fee cost $80!

The fact that they charged me $95 to give me my money back just friggin blows me away.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
eastendlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
I should mention that when they TOOK and SOLD my wife's two stocks that they also charged her a $21 brokerage fee to do this too so the fee cost $80!

The fact that they charged me $95 to give me my money back just friggin blows me away.
I would of only charged you $50 to give you your money back Scott.

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
eastendlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

$45 will buy alot of lube
Old 06-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Joe

Maybe you could find a way to up-charge for plugs that rise in popularity after they are sold? You know, like when the sand eels come in - send another bill, but no lures.
WTF! He's charging me again for lures I already bought!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Salty - call them and fight it. Most times its all automated and the system just wacks you for the fee. If you never explicity had an agreement directly with them, but through previous providers, they may waive the fee. Its worth a call.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

what i'd MUCH prefer to do is take a pound of flesh....file a small claim against them and they will HAVE to send a lawyer which will cost them thousands...

And too much of my friggin time.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
FishermanTim

I'd try calling them first.
If you don't get the answer you want, you could "hint" that you will be closing your account(s) and moving the funds elsewhere, and will be filing a complaint of unfair business practice with the BBB and the AG. Keep in mind, they may have a smappy retort, but you have every right to complain when a financial institution starts double-dipping with multiple fees for a single transaction. More so when THEY initiate the transaction to pay for THEIR mickey-mouse fees!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Accounts already closed. That's why they charged me $95 x 3

I just called. Yea that got me far. "OH WE CHARGED YOU THE FEE TO TRANSFER THE FUNDS TO SOMEONE ELSE"

eff u
Old 06-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #12
FishermanTim

Did you sing them a few bars from the 4-letter word song?
My parting words would be something along the lines of:
"I hope you like bad press, because I happen to be a member of a really influential community website (is that safe to assume?) and I will WARN all other members to pass along my warning to others to avoid your company like the plague!"

Don't know if that will have any impact, but it will definitely make YOU feel better.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #13
FishermanTim

Or better yet, send them a bill for the cost of the fees, and claim it is for "Mismanagement of your investments"
They call it a "compensation for a loss to the fund" when you cause them to lose money, so why shouldn't you be able to reciprocate?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #14
Joe

They have Ivy League lawyers on staff, many of them.....
That's what they mean when they say somebody who was editor of Harvard Law Review could easily have gone to Wall St and wrote their own ticket. If they survived the banking meltdown, they'll probably survive bad press on a message board.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #15
Backbeach Jake

These companies that play gotcha with your money, investment houses , cable companies, credid card companies what ever. If they're stealing from you, fire them. It's as simple as that. If enough people stop dealing with them, they will go away. Which BTW is why I opposed bailing the banks. But that is another tale of American woe that I don't care to discuss any further.
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
Joe

Once you enter into a fiduciary relationship, they become the stewards of your money. They can lose it all and you have very little recourse. Essentially, once you decide to trust them, the money is theirs until you exit the relationship.