Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-09-2022, 11:50 AM   #1
Nebe

I’m just going to leave this here

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-jr-ac...vealed-1696577
Old 04-09-2022, 12:17 PM   #2
Jim in CT

In 2016, a small number of congressional
democrats didn’t like that hilary lost, so they tried to get the state elections set aside in certain states.

why was that ok?

i hate what trump did and hope he gets in enough trouble that he never runs again. but i dont get why the democrats don’t deserve criticism for trying to steal the 2016 election from the voters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-09-2022, 01:36 PM   #3
wdmso

it makes no difference to the Trump faithful if it didn't succeed it doesn't count

America 1st slogan is just keep power by any means necessary while yelling Freedom .. makes it OK

and Jim is circling his false equivalence wagons again shocking
Old 04-09-2022, 01:41 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
it makes no difference to the Trump faithful if it didn't succeed it doesn't count

America 1st slogan is just keep power by any means necessary while yelling Freedom .. makes it OK

and Jim is circling his false equivalence wagons again shocking
you saying “false equivalence” doesn’t mean
anything.

why?

why is it totally ok for a small number of congressional
democrats lied about fraud in certai. states, in an attempt
or to get the elections overturned in those states?

why is that ok?

you said it was wrong that clarence thomas was nominated because of his skin color. but you’ll
never, ever criticize the mimi action of jackson.

everything is ok when democrats do it!!!

Old 04-09-2022, 02:01 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Insurrection my ass !
Where was security that day ?
I think Nancy Pelosi was in charge but instead gave everyone the day off.
The guards & security that were there were more of a welcoming committee, unlocking & opening doors…. Well come right in !
Then you got Antifa & BLM members mixed in the crowd provoking Trump supporters to tear the place apart.
You got AOC getting on front of cameras saying she thought she was going to die……. Only problem…… she was no where near the place.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-09-2022, 02:33 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
In 2016, a small number of congressional
democrats didn’t like that hilary lost, so they tried to get the state elections set aside in certain states.

why was that ok?

i hate what trump did and hope he gets in enough trouble that he never runs again. but i dont get why the democrats don’t deserve criticism for trying to steal the 2016 election from the voters.
Why do you keep repeating the same false things?
Old 04-09-2022, 02:44 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why do you keep repeating the same false things?
why do you keep lobbing baseless insults without telling us what i said that’s false?

a small number of congressional
demi rays did t challenge the results of some states in 2016? that didn’t happen?

newsweek says it happened. i guess you know better…and some of those democrats who tried to steal the election, are still in congress ( Jayapal, Maxine Waters).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...561407%3famp=1

Old 04-09-2022, 03:43 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Insurrection my ass !
Where was security that day ?
I think Nancy Pelosi was in charge but instead gave everyone the day off.
The guards & security that were there were more of a welcoming committee, unlocking & opening doors…. Well come right in !
Then you got Antifa & BLM members mixed in the crowd provoking Trump supporters to tear the place apart.
You got AOC getting on front of cameras saying she thought she was going to die……. Only problem…… she was no where near the place.
Wow talk about wearing your tin foil hat too tight!
Old 04-09-2022, 03:50 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
i’m pretty sure some of the cops allowed some of those people into the capital. and at least one them got arrested.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buz...tin-not-guilty

Old 04-09-2022, 03:55 PM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Yeah but when Hillary wore her tinfoil hat too tight, it was ok then… so it’s ok now !
Old 04-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

Everything I stated was fact !
Put on a jock strap & prove me wrong.
They knew the Trump rally was going to be that day & set their plan in for weeks to make it go from peaceful to the worse thing in US history. Worse than the attack at Pearl Harbor or 9/11.

I think most of you Trump haters were either diddled as a kid, got smacked around too much by Daddy, mommy breast fed you till you we’re a teenager or came from 1 parent homes so you hate men

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 04-10-2022 at 01:40 PM..

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-10-2022, 03:54 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Put on a jock strap & prove me wrong.
They knew the Trump rally was going to be that day & set their plan in for weeks to make it go from peaceful to the worse thing in US history. Worse than the attack at Pearl Harbor or 9/11.

I think most of you Trump haters were either diddled as a kid, got smacked around too much by Daddy, mommy breast fed you till you we’re a teenager or came from 1 parent homes so you hate men

Ok Q
Old 04-10-2022, 04:18 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

Ok Q
what did he say that was wrong?
Old 04-10-2022, 04:44 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
what did he say that was wrong?
How about every single thing.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:47 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How about every single thing.
well when you’re that specific and provide all that support, who can argue with you.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:57 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Ok Q
Yup a f*cking head case.
Old 04-11-2022, 06:39 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yup a f*cking head case.
one of those arrested was recently acquitted because the judge determined that capital police told him it was ok for him to enter the capital on january 6, as long as he didn’t do anything wrong.

That happened.

I’m not saying everyone was that innocent. But it looks more and more like there were capital police who were telling at least some of them, that they were welcome to go
into the capital. there’s video of capital police waking around the inside of the building, chatting casually with the people who had entered.

So the discussion of the events of january 6th should include that fact.

There were trespassers, there were vandals, there were rioters, there were people who wanted the election overturned. They need to be dealt with. And we now know, there were people who were welcomed inside by the capital police.

Let’s see how much airtime that gets in the media. Because it doesn’t support the Narrative.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:10 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
one of those arrested was recently acquitted because the judge determined that capital police told him it was ok for him to enter the capital on january 6, as long as he didn’t do anything wrong.

That happened.

I’m not saying everyone was that innocent. But it looks more and more like there were capital police who were telling at least some of them, that they were welcome to go
into the capital. there’s video of capital police waking around the inside of the building, chatting casually with the people who had entered.

So the discussion of the events of january 6th should include that fact.

There were trespassers, there were vandals, there were rioters, there were people who wanted the election overturned. They need to be dealt with. And we now know, there were people who were welcomed inside by the capital police.

Let’s see how much airtime that gets in the media. Because it doesn’t support the Narrative.

But it looks more and more like there were capital police who were telling at least some of them, that they were welcome to go
into the capital
Jim that was his defense it’s not why he was let off. Talk about making your own narrative

And lets do what Republicans do

McFadden, one of the court’s newer judges confirmed under former president Donald Trump,

prosecutors argued there were numerous instances when Martin would have been aware that he wasn’t allowed on Capitol grounds or inside the building — as he walked past fences with signs saying “AREA CLOSED” and recorded video of a broken window, blaring alarms, police in riot gear, and people who appeared to have encountered tear gas — those were outweighed by Martin’s “plausible” belief that he had permission because officers didn’t try to stop him from entering.

But the judge ruled he reasonably believed” that police officers let him into the US Capitol

Wow

Ps Jim that story was every where .
Old 04-11-2022, 08:31 AM   #19
wdmso

Nearly all of the 71 defendants sentenced as of the end of December pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor,

Judge Trevor McFadden accused the Justice Department of not being “even-handed” in its response to Jan. 6 compared to the protests last summer against racism and police brutality

comments that prompted Chutkan (judge) in another case to say she disagreed with McFadden, calling it a “false equivalence.”

Seems Jim your judge isn’t following the law. But inserting his feelings and keen to false equivalences

Just like you
Old 04-11-2022, 08:42 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nearly all of the 71 defendants sentenced as of the end of December pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor,

Judge Trevor McFadden accused the Justice Department of not being “even-handed” in its response to Jan. 6 compared to the protests last summer against racism and police brutality

comments that prompted Chutkan (judge) in another case to say she disagreed with McFadden, calling it a “false equivalence.”

Seems Jim your judge isn’t following the law. But inserting his feelings and keen to false equivalences

Just like you
so if a capital police officer tells someone it’s ok to enter, what crime have they committed? just answer that please.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:46 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:

the judge is right. the BlM riots were many times worse in terms of violence, number of deaths, value of property damage. maybe you’d use a different statistic to compare riots.

wayne, there is such a think as a false equivalence. but you’re thoughtless person blindly devoted to one side and thoughtlessly opposed to the other side. You fall back on “blind equivalence” every single time we point out the double standard, and guy almost never specify what makes the equivalence false. Which tells us, you don’t know why their not actually equivalent, but you cannot admit that.

wayne, has a conservative ever been right, about anything, in the history of the world?

can’t wait until november.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:07 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

I’ve watched “normal” Republicans go from saying “Look, everyone knows Trump lost, just let him talk” to saying “Look, everyone knows there was something wrong with the election.”
Old 04-11-2022, 10:14 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’ve watched “normal” Republicans go from saying “Look, everyone knows Trump lost, just let him talk” to saying “Look, everyone knows there was something wrong with the election.”
too many are saying that. it’s embarrassing and gives easy ammo to the left.

many on the left celebrate the slaughtering of the unborn, think the solution to crime is reduced police presence, believe in open borders, believe that parents have no say in public education they pay for, and that 5 year olds need to be instructed about gender identity.

we’ll soon see what america thinks.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:54 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
too many are saying that. it’s embarrassing and gives easy ammo to the left.

many on the left celebrate the slaughtering of the unborn, think the solution to crime is reduced police presence, believe in open borders, believe that parents have no say in public education they pay for, and that 5 year olds need to be instructed about gender identity.

we’ll soon see what america thinks.
Every thing you cite is Fox spread propaganda

Nobody celebrates abortion, they do celebrate retaining the right to control their own bodies

Funding for law enforcement in this country increases every year, results are getting worse.
Why would anyone want to change anything?
Why would the association of Police Chiefs want changes?
Just how would you define “open” borders?
Parents vote, attend school board meetings and serve on those and committees
Lots of kids learned in preschool that you can have 2 mommies or 2 daddies or one of each. Gender identity to them is no different than having red hair or being left- handed. They only got anxious in school when the active shooter drills started.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-11-2022, 11:15 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Every thing you cite is Fox spread propaganda

Nobody celebrates abortion, they do celebrate retaining the right to control their own bodies

Funding for law enforcement in this country increases every year, results are getting worse.
Why would anyone want to change anything?
Why would the association of Police Chiefs want changes?
Just how would you define “open” borders?
Parents vote, attend school board meetings and serve on those and committees
Lots of kids learned in preschool that you can have 2 mommies or 2 daddies or one of each. Gender identity to them is no different than having red hair or being left- handed. They only got anxious in school when the active shooter drills started.
"Every thing you cite is Fox spread propaganda "

That's good news for you then, since only 1% of America watches Fox, nothing I say has any validity to it, none of my predictions are likely to come to pass. Good news for you!

"Nobody celebrates abortion, they do celebrate retaining the right to control their own bodies"

True, they celebrate abortion rights. And not worth my bringing up, that's not going to be a winning issue for the GOP in November.

"Funding for law enforcement in this country increases every year, results are getting worse."

Because (and this is REALLY hard for liberals to understand), not all results are a function of money. Liberals always think the solution to every problem, is to throw money at it. On crime, liberals took a stupid radical position, and things indeed got worse. America noticed and connected the dots. If that's just a foxnews talking point, no need to worry. If it's the truth, not good news for you in November.

"Why would the association of Police Chiefs want changes?"

Ummm, because it's not perfect, and things can always be improved. Are police chiefs asking for the kinds of changes that liberals advocate for? Nope. They're not asking for fewer cops and more social workers.

"Just how would you define “open” borders?"

Well, when we have millions of illegals living here, I'd say that's "open" in any practical sense.

Again, if that's a Foxnews fabrication, no need for you to worry!

"Parents vote, attend school board meetings and serve on those and committees"

What's new, is parents being told they have no say, being told that they are domestic terrorists. If you think that's a winning political strategy, former Gov McAuliffe might have an interesting take on it.

"Gender identity to them is no different than having red hair or being left- handed"

I saw a dad on CNN this week, he talked about his daughter, who was a real tomboy in elementary school. He was concerned that today. teachers might have encouraged her to question her sexual identity.

If parents don't want it, it has no place. Parents/taxpayers pay for the school, they have the kids in school. They are the customer. It's their school.

Again, you keep telling parents in swing states that it's good to tell their 4 year-olds that it's healthy for them to question their sexuality. If my rejection of that is just a Foxnews myth, you have nothing to worry about. If not, well...get ready for a thumping.

"Lots of kids learned in preschool that you can have 2 mommies or 2 daddies or one of each"

The current concern, is pushing elementary school kids to question their own sexual identity. Not remotely what kindergarten is for. Telling kids "love makes a family" is harmless enough I guess (but maybe not). Encouraging little kids to question their own identity, isn't doing them any favors.

If you don't see that these radical social positions are big political losers, you're in a small minority, even on the left.

It's mind boggling. I can't believe that liberals see this as a winning formula. A lot can happen in 7 months, liberals better hope a lot happens. Because it's all shaping up well for the right.
Old 04-11-2022, 11:43 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Liz Cheney STUNS Republican critics by revealing she raised an eye-popping $10 million for her reelection campaign, reaffirming the strength of her anti-Trump stance.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:08 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Liz Cheney STUNS Republican critics by revealing she raised an eye-popping $10 million for her reelection campaign, reaffirming the strength of her anti-Trump stance.
see, this is you trying to have it both ways.

(1) you’re always saying that Trump “is” the GOP. You insist that we all worship him.

(2) then you point out that tons of people gave Liz Cheney money just because she hates Trump.

Which is it? If Trump “is” the GOP, then how is she getting all this money?

Can’t have it both ways.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:52 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Love the rhetoric--"right to control their own bodies." OK, so what happens when they don't control their own bodies? Does that mean they don't have the right to lose control of their own bodies? Would losing control of their own bodies be a punishable offence?

Or do they also have the right to lose control of their own bodies? So when it comes to their own bodies they have absolute rights? They can do whatever they want with their own bodies by controlling them or losing control of them? Even kill someone else's own body, which would be depriving someone else of the right to control their own body?

Is the baby in her own womb her own body? It has a different DNA. It is not her own body. If it was unwanted, did the woman lose control of her own body? Does she have a perfect right to do that? And so have a perfect right to kill that baby? And usher in the right of other owned bodies to abort that baby which has its own body and apparently no right to control its own body.

It is a magnificent right this total control of one's own body. A right that society seems unwilling to recognize. A right, if universally practiced, would lead to societal chaos.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:02 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
the judge is right. the BlM riots were many times worse in terms of violence, number of deaths, value of property damage. maybe you’d use a different statistic to compare riots.

wayne, there is such a think as a false equivalence. but you’re thoughtless person blindly devoted to one side and thoughtlessly opposed to the other side. You fall back on “blind equivalence” every single time we point out the double standard, and guy almost never specify what makes the equivalence false. Which tells us, you don’t know why their not actually equivalent, but you cannot admit that.

wayne, has a conservative ever been right, about anything, in the history of the world?

can’t wait until november.
A fellow judge called it a false equivalences. I just agree

Jim keep thinking today’s conservatives are worthy of praises

Can you name 1 thing in their national platform. Nope because they don’t have on every election cycle is the same

Open borders cut taxes for the rich spend more on the military crt transgenders gays recently added via Q pedophilia grooming trafficking children via the Democratic Party hunters lap top . Big tech

Then of course you have Republicans tout parts of infrastructure package after voting against the bill such honesty

31 Republicans Who Voted Against Military Aid for Ukraine

Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, John Boozman of Arkansas, Mike Braun of Indiana, Richard Burr of North Carolina, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, Mike Crapo of Idaho, Ted Cruz of Texas, Steve Daines of Montana, Deb Fischer of Nebraska, Bill Hagerty of Tennessee, Josh Hawley of Missouri, John Hoeven of North Dakota

Wisconsin, John Kennedy of Louisiana, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Mike Lee of Utah, Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming, Roger Marshall of Kansas, Rand Paul of Kentucky, Jim Risch of Idaho, Mitt Romney of Utah, Mike Rounds of South Dakota, Marco Rubio of Florida, Ben Sasse of Nebraska, Rick Scott of Florida, Tim Scott of South Carolina, Dan Sullivan of Arkansas, Thom Tillis of North Carolina and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.

I think 99 % Republicans shocking

All again claiming fiscal responsibility Again dishonest to the core
Old 04-11-2022, 04:33 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
A fellow judge called it a false equivalences. I just agree

Jim keep thinking today’s conservatives are worthy of praises

Can you name 1 thing in their national platform. Nope because they don’t have on every election cycle is the same

Open borders cut taxes for the rich spend more on the military crt transgenders gays recently added via Q pedophilia grooming trafficking children via the Democratic Party hunters lap top . Big tech

Then of course you have Republicans tout parts of infrastructure package after voting against the bill such honesty

31 Republicans Who Voted Against Military Aid for Ukraine

Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, John Boozman of Arkansas, Mike Braun of Indiana, Richard Burr of North Carolina, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, Mike Crapo of Idaho, Ted Cruz of Texas, Steve Daines of Montana, Deb Fischer of Nebraska, Bill Hagerty of Tennessee, Josh Hawley of Missouri, John Hoeven of North Dakota

Wisconsin, John Kennedy of Louisiana, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Mike Lee of Utah, Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming, Roger Marshall of Kansas, Rand Paul of Kentucky, Jim Risch of Idaho, Mitt Romney of Utah, Mike Rounds of South Dakota, Marco Rubio of Florida, Ben Sasse of Nebraska, Rick Scott of Florida, Tim Scott of South Carolina, Dan Sullivan of Arkansas, Thom Tillis of North Carolina and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.

I think 99 % Republicans shocking

All again claiming fiscal responsibility Again dishonest to the core
i know you agree. every single time someone points to bad behavior by a liberal, you say false equivalence. every single time.

you think i can’t accurately name one thing in the republican national platform? Are your really that ignorant?

Lower taxes, smaller federal government, more individual freedoms, pro life, strong national defense,, tough on crime, rule
of law,,strong family values, charity for those in need.

“cut taxes for the rich”.

trumps tax cuts lower the rates for every single tax bracket. and increased the number of people
who pay $0.

you’re just blatantly lying. because the truth doesn’t help the left.

"31 Republicans Who Voted Against Military Aid for Ukraine"

the bill that those republicans voted against was a 1.5 trillion spending bill, of which 13 billion ( less than 1%) went to ukraine.

how come you didn’t mention that? Because you're a liar.

Why didn't the democrats just propose a stand-alone bill to aid Ukraine? Why did it have to be a massive federal pork spending plan?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-11-2022 at 04:43 PM..