Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-14-2022, 11:59 AM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, let's go very slowly...

You said "I looked it up bf answering and all experts say he is not senile"

Obviously, that's not true, unless you say the former physician to Obama and Trump isn't an expert.

I was directly responding to what you explicitly said.

If you agree that I never claimed that all doctors say he is senile, what was the point of your posting about a doctor who said he's not senile?

"he is a puppet"

Sorry, when he mumbles at press conferences things like "they won't let me take questions", who is the "they" that he's referring to?

"look up how to diagnosis dementia. None of those took place."

You guys are precious. So why is it OK for you to say he doesn't have it, on the basis that you spent some time with someone who does?

Clearly, you're going to reflexively ignore his behavior in front of your wyes, you're going to ignore doctors who say it appears he's senile. Fine. But when you elect a mentally weak person who wasn't all that impressive to start with, don't be shocked when the results are exactly what we're seeing.

"Biden does not have problems with either."

Clearly YOU are in a better position to say that, than a physician to two presidents.
He has press advisors. The same as every other president has had. They all want the Pres. to stick to the subject and not get off on tangents and to control the interview - not let the press control it.

I believe that the quote about not answering questions was as follows:

"You guys are bad. I’m not supposed to be answering all these questions,” the president said. “I’m supposed to leave, but I can’t resist your questions.”

“He takes questions nearly every day he’s out from the press,” Psaki told CNN analyst David Axelrod on “The Axe Files” podcast May 6. “That is not something we recommend. In fact, a lot of times, we say, ‘Don’t take questions.’ But he’s going to do what he wants to do because he’s the president of the United States.”

So how is his daily life and independent function impaired?
Old 04-14-2022, 12:10 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He has press advisors. The same as every other president has had. They all want the Pres. to stick to the subject and not get off on tangents and to control the interview - not let the press control it.

I believe that the quote about not answering questions was as follows:

"You guys are bad. I’m not supposed to be answering all these questions,” the president said. “I’m supposed to leave, but I can’t resist your questions.”

“He takes questions nearly every day he’s out from the press,” Psaki told CNN analyst David Axelrod on “The Axe Files” podcast May 6. “That is not something we recommend. In fact, a lot of times, we say, ‘Don’t take questions.’ But he’s going to do what he wants to do because he’s the president of the United States.”

So how is his daily life and independent function impaired?
he’s obviously feeble, he often appears very confused and disoriented. if you’ve never seen that, not once, then you’re right to feel that way. maybe i’m
just a lying dog faced pony soldier.

you asked when was obama mean to biden. did you seee the video of the two of them at some gathering at the white house, obama completely ignored biden. idea walked up to obama, put his hand on his shoulder, said “Barack”, and obama didn’t even turn to loom at him, that’s the president.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-14-2022 at 12:27 PM..
Old 04-14-2022, 02:46 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
if liberal cities can make their own laws and declare themselves to be sanctuary cities,,does that mean any city can unilaterally decide to disregard federal laws they don’t happen to like?
Municipalities and States are not necessarily obligated to enforce Federal laws. Why do you think weed is legal in many states?
Old 04-14-2022, 03:04 PM   #34
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

It’s still illegal, federally, in all states
Old 04-14-2022, 03:26 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
It’s still illegal, federally, in all states
I think you missed the word "enforce"
Old 04-14-2022, 03:58 PM   #36
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think you missed the word "enforce"
I think you missed the word “Illegal”

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-14-2022, 04:05 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Municipalities and States are not necessarily obligated to enforce Federal laws. Why do you think weed is legal in many states?
is what the states are doing then, in violation of federal law, or not?

doesn’t the constitution’s supremacy clause say that federal law trumps state law?

is it that the states aren’t violating federal law? or are they explicitly breaking federal law, and the feds are looking the other way?

if it’s the latter, then why do i pay federal income tax? why can’t i choose to not comply with that federal law?

can the DEA arrest people
in Massachusetts for smoking pot?
Old 04-14-2022, 04:07 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why do you think weed is legal in many states?
i presume, the answer is that once again, liberals believe they can pick and choose which laws they can just ignore, and for some reason they get away with it.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:22 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
How about they bus a few thousand of them to Somerset Ma instead on DC
Your as brain dead as Jim. Is on the topic.. just another who would be all in on camps .. let me guess you think their were no illegals released under trump. No transgenders CRT and sex Ed wasn’t being taught schools..

It just happened after your man crush lost.. is that your suggestion
Old 04-14-2022, 05:16 PM   #40
wdmso

Quote:
i presume, the answer is that once again, liberals believe they can pick and choose which laws they can just ignore, and for some reason they get away with it.

Jim it is not the state’s responsibility to enforce federal law.. they don’t get paid by the federal government to do it so most states don’t..

So much for states Rights

And you have no idea what a sanctuary city even means outside your conservative indoctrinated meaning you think or believe that it refers to a city that doesn’t prosecute immigrants,

generally speaking, it’s a city (or a county, or a state) that limits its cooperation with federal immigration enforcement agents in order to protect low-priority immigrants from deportation, while still turning over those who have committed serious crimes

So in a nut shell illegal immigration is a misdemeanor And states won’t waste resources on non violent offenders

sanctuary cities see 15% less crime than non-sanctuary cities.

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

Omg how could conservatives be lying to Their sheep

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605...rder-crossings
Old 04-14-2022, 05:30 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim it is not the state’s responsibility to enforce federal law.. they don’t get paid by the federal government to do it so most states don’t..

And you have no idea what a sanctuary city even means outside your conservative indoctrinated meaning you think or believe that it refers to a city that doesn’t prosecute immigrants,

generally speaking, it’s a city (or a county, or a state) that limits its cooperation with federal immigration enforcement agents in order to protect low-priority immigrants from deportation, while still turning over those who have committed serious crimes

So in a nut shell illegal immigration is a misdemeanor And states won’t waste resources on non violent offenders

people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

i never came CLOSE to saying the states had the responsibility to enforce federal law. but it looks like blue states are going out of their way to violate federal
law, and that’s different. and the supremacy clause seems to say they can’t do that.

you’re saying states aren’t responsible for federal law, and i agree.

please tell me, then, why texans should have to spend $1 billion a year because the federal government chooses to have open borders, while liberals in MN and VT pay just about nothing. how is that fair to texans?

If citizens of Mass can reject federal
laws banning weed, why can’t i reject federal laws saying i must pay federal income tax? who gets to decide which of us can break federal laws,,and which of us can’t?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:34 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:

we dont know how many cross the border that we don’t catch. we have no idea.

point to one lie i told on this thread? just one.

then tell us which policy items you agree with republicans on, to show you’re no kool
aid drinker?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:44 PM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
we dont know how many cross the border that we don’t catch. we have no idea.

point to one lie i told on this thread? just one.

then tell us which policy items you agree with republicans on, to show you’re no kool
aid drinker?

Who said you Lied ? And if you don’t know many cross how can you assume their is a problem?

Or maybe we’re catching more than we aren’t catching

But what about visa. Overstayer’s that’s ok because they likely aren’t brown?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:45 PM   #44
wdmso

The only Covid policy conservatives support is Title 42. That speaks volumes
Old 04-14-2022, 05:51 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
The only Covid policy conservatives support is Title 42. That speaks volumes
that’s exactly right!!! trump didn’t restrict international travel, or send hospital ship to NY, didn’t oversee the creation of testing and vaccine infastructure. Nope!!!just title 42.

talk about lying!

brilliant move by the dems to let it expire and make a bad situation worse That’s SURE to help in November.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who said you Lied ? And if you don’t know many cross how can you assume their is a problem?

Or maybe we’re catching more than we aren’t catching

But what about visa. Overstayer’s that’s ok because they likely aren’t brown?
you responded to my post and said republicans lie. what lie?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:53 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:

you’re denying that illegals put stress in local communities ability or provide education, healthcare, housing, police and social
services.

no liberal policy has ever resulted in a problem! not once! right?

the border mess is going to get worse, interest rates are going to skyrocket, which at best will slow down the economy, at worst trigger a recession later this year.

the one thing he had going for him
was the economy, and that’s now very uncertain.

free advice, hoard cash and get back into the market when it blows up.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:17 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

The governor of Texas, catering to nativist fears and prejudices, sends a busload of immigrants to Washington, D.C.

A social science project: Track those immigrants over the next few years.

Prediction: Their economic contribution will be net positive for wherever they settle.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:18 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

This same governor is driving up prices across America by purposefully slowing down traffic at ports of entry, causing massive truck backups. Imagine how much produce will spoil. Imagine the price of produce increasing for this reason. It’s on Abbott.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:19 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
so why can’t red states ban abortion?
Old 04-14-2022, 08:21 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The governor of Texas, catering to nativist fears and prejudices, sends a busload of immigrants to Washington, D.C.

A social science project: Track those immigrants over the next few years.

Prediction: Their economic contribution will be net positive for wherever they settle.
tell me why texans should
have to bear the burden and cost of illegals who are here because the feds choose to let them in.

you want the open border? why don’t you pay the cost to feed, house, educate, and provide medical care for them?

why does the burden fall
to TX? they didn’t ask for it.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:22 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
This same governor is driving up prices across America by purposefully slowing down traffic at ports of entry, causing massive truck backups. Imagine how much produce will spoil. Imagine the price of produce increasing for this reason. It’s on Abbott.
and he admits he’s doing it to put pressure on mexico, to get them
to help curb illegal immigration.

he’s helping his constituents.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:32 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and he admits he’s doing it to put pressure on mexico, to get them
to help curb illegal immigration.

he’s helping his constituents.
He’s interfering in international trade
He’s affecting many American industries for his political purpose.

Are truckers planning on a convoy circling Greg Abbotts house, in protest of ACTUAL restrictions limiting the ability to do their job?

Over 150 million dollars of fresh produce is currently rotting at the US-Mexico border, thanks to Greg Abbott.

Last edited by Pete F.; 04-14-2022 at 10:31 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-15-2022, 05:47 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
He’s interfering in international trade
He’s affecting many American industries for his political purpose.

Are truckers planning on a convoy circling Greg Abbotts house, in protest of ACTUAL restrictions limiting the ability to do their job?

Over 150 million dollars of fresh produce is currently rotting at the US-Mexico border, thanks to Greg Abbott.

if his citizens don’t like what he’s doing, they’ll elect someone else.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:22 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Greg Abbott reverses course, repeals order that roadblocked hundreds of millions of dollars worth of goods at the US-Mexico border.

Abbott bows to the massive outcry over his policy — including criticism from truckers, business interests & anyone with common sense.
Old 04-16-2022, 06:08 AM   #56
wdmso

Greg Abbott is starving his own voters to own the libs

It’s the only policy the GOP has and their Jerry Springer base loves it….

Imagine if Biden. deliberately snarl traffic on the U.S. southern border — leaving food to rot and critical components for cars and other manufacturing to remain inaccessible to U.S. companies and consumers. For a campaign Ad.

Republicans Hypocritical always
Old 04-16-2022, 07:31 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Greg Abbott is starving his own voters to own the libs

It’s the only policy the GOP has and their Jerry Springer base loves it….

Imagine if Biden. deliberately snarl traffic on the U.S. southern border — leaving food to rot and critical components for cars and other manufacturing to remain inaccessible to U.S. companies and consumers. For a campaign Ad.

Republicans Hypocritical always
why should residents of TX spend $1b a year in illegal immigration,,because the feds won’t do their job? how do you suppose residents of southern TX feel? does that matter to guys to all?

he’s up for re election in november . if he’s starving his residents, they’ll boot him out.

you’re ignoring why he did it. i’m not saying he was right. but the feds are really screwing the state of TX.

easy to ignore that in new england.

Texans want illegal immigration dealt with. they have valid reasons to want that.

one side of Abbott’s inspection is the impact on tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g, and it’s totally fair to discuss that.

the other side,,which you’re ignoring, is the impact open borders have on people who live near the border. imagine owning g a ranch near the border and watching an endless parade of illegals
walking in your land,,dropping garbage and urinating all over the place. those texans pay taxes too.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:17 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s truck inspection order probably violated the dormant commerce clause of the constitution. Food wholesalers, retailers and customers should sue him.
Old 04-16-2022, 08:03 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s truck inspection order probably violated the dormant commerce clause of the constitution. Food wholesalers, retailers and customers should sue him.
How so? I'm not up on the details. But commerce coming from Mexico is not interstate commerce. It is not commerce crossing from one state into another. Nor is it commerce between (among) the states. It's not even actual commerce. Inspection is, in itself, not a commercial transaction. I see no constitutional reason that a state cannot inspect foreign goods coming into its territory. But, again, I don't know the details of Abbott's truck inspection.
Old 04-16-2022, 08:16 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Russian despot Vladimir Putin is causing gas prices to rise. Texas despot Greg Abbott is doing the same to food prices. Don’t let either avoid accountability.