Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-13-2022, 11:00 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Biden administration says TX governor is causing inflation

How DARE he inspect trucks coming into his state from Mexico?

Psaki says his checks are unnecessary. If anything illegal is trucked across the border ( drugs, perhaps) it’s not unnecessary.

According to this administration, ( and the prior one) EVERYTHING is everybody else’s fault. No democrat ever did anything to cause one zillionth of one percent of the inflation.

The buck stops with republican governors who are currently embarrassing me! Abbott is busing illegals from TX to DC, which every state should do. it’s not TXs responsibility.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...rice-increases

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-13-2022 at 11:07 AM..
Old 04-13-2022, 12:44 PM   #2
spence

She’s exactly right, do a little homework Jim
Old 04-13-2022, 01:31 PM   #3
PaulS

We need an economist to answer the question.

Is anyone's wife a bank teller and can help us out?
Old 04-13-2022, 01:34 PM   #4
wdmso

to quote jims new friend Bill Maher

One of the things I find confounding about the far right is that they have an absolute distrust of the media, journalists, the fake news, the polls, election returns, science, but if something is in meme form, and posted on Facebook, they accept it as Gospel.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:36 PM   #5
wdmso

The policy forces trucks to submit to a state inspection after a federal inspection once they cross the border from Mexico. It quickly escalated into an international incident

Truckers in the area have also reportedly began to protest these enhanced inspections,

Once again Republicans Trying to find issues where no exist just another political Stunt for his re election campaign
Old 04-13-2022, 01:42 PM   #6
wdmso

Abbott is busing illegals from TX to DC, which every state should do. it’s not TXs responsibility.

wow your a loser Jim just saying if you support this nonsense ... you'll support Camps next I am 100% sure of that
Old 04-13-2022, 02:06 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
She’s exactly right, do a little homework Jim
I'll tell you what, I'll be happy to slap you around on this thread, if we can go back to the other thread...you made fun of me for suggesting that capital police let protesters into the capital, so I posted multiple videos of capital police doing exactly, precisely that.

And no response from you. Because as we all know, you're not honest or strong enough to admit when anyone else might be right. How long will you go into hiding after this November?
Old 04-13-2022, 02:08 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The policy forces trucks to submit to a state inspection after a federal inspection once they cross the border from Mexico. It quickly escalated into an international incident

Truckers in the area have also reportedly began to protest these enhanced inspections,

Once again Republicans Trying to find issues where no exist just another political Stunt for his re election campaign
Given the amount of drugs coming across, isn't it safe to say that federal inspections aren't quite getting it done? Or is it all Trumps fault?

"just another political Stunt for his re election campaign"

it's working.
Old 04-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Abbott is busing illegals from TX to DC, which every state should do. it’s not TXs responsibility.

wow your a loser Jim just saying if you support this nonsense ... you'll support Camps next I am 100% sure of that
If the federal government won't secure the border, why should texans pay for that?

Also, in the other thread, you said it was "only in my head" that elementary schools were teaching kids about gender identity.

I posted links showing that 4 liberal states are doing exactly that. How come you didn't comment after that? You're on other threads, but hiding from that one.

How come?
Old 04-13-2022, 04:50 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'll tell you what, I'll be happy to slap you around on this thread, if we can go back to the other thread...you made fun of me for suggesting that capital police let protesters into the capital, so I posted multiple videos of capital police doing exactly, precisely that.
No, your post was stupid because it ignored the few hundred officers engaged in hand to hand combat trying to keep the perimeter secure.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:13 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, your post was stupid because it ignored the few hundred officers engaged in hand to hand combat trying to keep the perimeter secure.
so what does it say about what happened that day, that there were multiple videos from
multiple different places, of cops
letting people in? it was nothing compared to the BLM riots which you dismissed. Nothing in terms of deaths or property damage.

as to this thread, abbott just started the state inspections, right? inflation has been at decades long highs for months.

the federal government, under presidents from both parties, printed a stupid amount of money. the fed waited way too long to raise interest rates. our own energy policy didn’t help, covid probably didn’t help, russia obviously didn’t help.

how many orgasms did you have when obama mocked romney for saying russsia was a threat?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-13-2022, 07:44 PM   #12
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

How about they bus a few thousand of them to Somerset Ma instead on DC

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-14-2022, 05:46 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
How about they bus a few thousand of them to Somerset Ma instead on DC
that’s the thing. it’s so easy for liberals to advocate for open borders, when they know they’ll
never have to live with the consequences of those policies.

if the feds choose not to seal the border, why should residents of border states suffer for that? if people in CT and NY want to elect liberals who will open the border,,why shouldn’t they share in the pain that’s created by that policy?

that’s essentially liberalism in a nutshell- rules for thee, but not for me.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:49 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
We need an economist to answer the question.

Is anyone's wife a bank teller and can help us out?
while i give you credit for a funny delivery of that sentence….belittling the career of a members wife. If i had done that, i dare to say you’d call me angry.

you’re going to say with a straight face that you’ve never seen biden act in any way that gave you concern for his cognitative ability? Not once?
Old 04-14-2022, 06:16 AM   #15
Rmarsh

Quote:
while i give you credit for a funny delivery of that sentence….belittling the career of a members wife. If i had done that, i dare to say you’d call me angry

That fake POS is hiding behind a keyboard.....if he had the balls to say it to my face.....the consequences would be real.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:52 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
That fake POS is hiding behind a keyboard.....if he had the balls to say it to my face.....the consequences would be real.
i’m a keyboard warrior too, we all are.

i don’t think you need to be the US Surgeon General to see Biden is in decline. just look at him now compared to when he was VP.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:14 AM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
I'll PM you my details tough guy.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:18 AM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
while i give you credit for a funny delivery of that sentence….belittling the career of a members wife. If i had done that, i dare to say you’d call me angry.

you’re going to say with a straight face that you’ve never seen biden act in any way that gave you concern for his cognitative ability? Not once?
I looked it up bf answering and all experts say he is not senile. If he can't respond to my questions, he should tuck his tail between his legs and go back to lurking.

I don't have to take his comment about drivel.

I PMed him my address.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:50 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
I looked it up bf answering and all experts say he is not senile. If he can't respond to my questions, he should tuck his tail between his legs and go back to lurking.

I don't have to take his comment about drivel.

I PMed him my address.
and not long ago, financial “experts” told us inflation wasn’t real, then said it wast emptiest? then said it was a healthy thing. plenty of experts will lie if a tv network pays them to.

and i’ve seen doctors say he’s clearly showing evidence of dementia

watch biden now, compared to when he was VP, and tell me there isn’t obvious, glaring evidence of cognitive decline.

anyway, certainly you don’t have to take anything from anyone which you don’t like. I’d be a real hypocrite if i claimed otherwise. But maybe leave spouses out of it though. the lefties here like going after wife’s and kids.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:25 AM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
and not long ago, financial “experts” told us inflation wasn’t real, then said it wast emptiest? then said it was a healthy thing. plenty of experts will lie if a tv network pays them to.

and i’ve seen doctors say he’s clearly showing evidence of dementia

watch biden now, compared to when he was VP, and tell me there isn’t obvious, glaring evidence of cognitive decline.

anyway, certainly you don’t have to take anything from anyone which you don’t like. I’d be a real hypocrite if i claimed otherwise. But maybe leave spouses out of it though. the lefties here like going after wife’s and kids.
If he can't take a simple question asking for proof that Biden is senile, that Jill Biden doesn't care for him and that he isn't in charge he shouldn't post here. He said she had a degree and I asked a few questions and was looking for examples and what the degree was and then he starts crying like a little baby.

Anyways I PMed the tough guy my address and will wait to hear back.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:35 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
If he can't take a simple question asking for proof that Biden is senile, that Jill Biden doesn't care for him and that he isn't in charge he shouldn't post here. He said she had a degree and I asked a few questions and was looking for examples and what the degree was and then he starts crying like a little baby.

Anyways I PMed the tough guy my address and will wait to hear back.
a simple question is fair. comparing her to bank teller talking about big macroeconomic things, is is intentionally belittling, and you’re smart enough to know it, so just own it. interesting, you’re tough enough to challenge him, but nut man enough to admit you were insulting his wife.

again, you love calling me out when i’m insulting, but you can never admit you do the same exact thing, worse in my opinion, as i direct it at people who’ve insulted me, not their wives or kids

if you won’t admit that biden has appeared clearly in the grips of early dementia at times, you can say that, but i don’t think you believe it. you just don’t want to admit it for political reasons
Old 04-14-2022, 09:33 AM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
a simple question is fair. comparing her to bank teller talking about big macroeconomic things, is is intentionally belittling, and you’re smart enough to know it, so just own it. interesting, you’re tough enough to challenge him, but nut man enough to admit you were insulting his wife. So when he insults first, I'm supposed to ignore it?

again, you love calling me out when i’m insulting, but you can never admit you do the same exact thing, worse in my opinion, as i direct it at people who’ve insulted me, not their wives or kids

if you won’t admit that biden has appeared clearly in the grips of early dementia at timeshe has a stutter and has always struggled to find the right word and has a manorism of stopping to find a word and looking up but that hasn't changed and he clearly is not senile, you can say that, but i don’t think you believe it. you just don’t want to admit it for political reasons
I made the comment WELL AFTER he started insulting me with calling my comments drivel and naive. Why should anyone here take insults? I called him out after searching if real DRs thought Biden had dementia or was senile and they all said no.

I don't have to take being called a POS from him. I would suggest he look in the mirror to see the real POS.

I sent the tough guy who says I'm hiding behind my keyboard and that "if he had the balls to say it to my face.....the consequences would be real" my address. We'll see who is hiding behind their keyboard.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:43 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
I made the comment WELL AFTER he started insulting me with calling my comments drivel and naive. Why should anyone here take insults? I called him out after searching if real DRs thought Biden had dementia or was senile and they all said no.

I don't have to take being called a POS from him. I would suggest he look in the mirror to see the real POS.

I sent the tough guy who says I'm hiding behind my keyboard and that "if he had the balls to say it to my face.....the consequences would be real" my address. We'll see who is hiding behind their keyboard.
i said pretty clearly, not sure how you missed it, you shouldn’t have to take it. just respond to him, leave his wife out of it, even though he brought her up. not sure why it’s hard for the lefties here to leave wives and kids out of it.

we’re all hiding behind our keyboards.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-14-2022 at 09:50 AM..
Old 04-14-2022, 09:53 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:

Here’s a “real doctor” who was physician to obama
and trump, saying he’s sees some warning signs of cognitive issues.

i have no idea if this guy is motivated by politics or not, but he appears to be a real doctor.

https://www.theconservativecaucus.or...cognitive-exam
Old 04-14-2022, 09:57 AM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
i said pretty clearly, not sure how you missed it, you shouldn’t have to take it. just respond to him, leave his wife out of it, even though he brought her up. not sure why it’s hard for the lefties here to leave wives and kids out of it.If I remember correctly it was SeaDangles who always used to bring up people's wives and kids.

we’re all hiding behind our keyboards, rambo.
Give me a break. He mentioned his wife and her degree and then I asked what degree she had and from where along with 4-5 other questions. He wouldn't answer any of the questions besides saying she has a degree and find my own answers. I then asked if she was a DR or a grad of Katherine Gibbs. If he is so thin skinned that he can't take that I would suggest he continue to lurk and not post. The comment about the bank teller was well after that.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:58 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
Here’s a “real doctor” who was physician to obama
and trump, saying he’s sees some warning signs of cognitive issues.

i have no idea if this guy is motivated by politics or not, but he appears to be a real doctor.

https://www.theconservativecaucus.or...cognitive-exam
and here is one:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...im-joe-biden-/

I've just dealt with someone w/dementia and Joe Biden does not have dementia.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:01 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
and here is one:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...im-joe-biden-/

I've just dealt with someone w/dementia and Joe Biden does not have dementia.
i never said every single doctor said he has dementia, so you’re not responding to anything i said by sharing a doctor who says he’s fine.

It would be swell if you could
respond to what i’m actually saying. it won’t be easy, which is why every single one of you constantly responds to something i never came close to saying.

you said something like all real doctors you could find, said he was ok. therefore i’m refuting you directly, by listing an opinion of a real doctor who says there are signs of dementia

ok, so now you’re qualified to say he doesn’t have it, because you saw someone who does. but someone else’s wife who works in an elderly facility, you say isnt qualified

I guess this is news to you, but not everyone with dementia is identical. there are different stages. you’re concluding he doesn’t have it, because he didn’t act exactly the same as someone you dealt with, who had it. Sure, that makes sense.

Must be nice when you get to decide whose opinions are valid ( everyone who says nice things about democrats), and whose opinions aren’t valid ( anyone who’d ever say anything negative about a democrat).

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-14-2022 at 11:09 AM..
Old 04-14-2022, 11:23 AM   #28
PaulS

Quote:
i never said every single doctor said he has dementiaDid I ever say you did?, so you’re not responding to anything i said by sharing a doctor who says he’s fine.Rmarsh said he was senile, that Jill Biden doesn't care for him and that he is a puppet and Obama treats him badly. I asked for examples of each. He claimed his wife was an "expert".

It would be swell if you could
respond to what i’m actually saying. it won’t be easy, which is why every single one of you constantly responds to something i never came close to saying.

you said something like all real doctors you could find, said he was ok. therefore i’m refuting you directly, by listing an opinion of a real doctor who says there are signs of dementialook up how to diagnosis dementia. None of those took place.

ok, so now you’re qualified to say he doesn’t have it, because you saw someone who does. but someone else’s wife who works in an elderly facility, you say isnt qualified

I guess this is news to you, but not everyone with dementia is identical. there are different stages. you’re concluding he doesn’t have it, because he didn’t act exactly the same as someone you dealt with, who had it. Sure, that makes sense.

Must be nice when you get to decide whose opinions are valid ( everyone who says nice things about democrats), and whose opinions aren’t valid ( anyone who’d ever say anything negative about a democrat).

Dementia is related to brain changes which effect the person's cognitive ability severe enough to impair daily life and independent function. Biden does not have problems with either.

Last edited by PaulS; 04-14-2022 at 11:30 AM..
Old 04-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Paul, let's go very slowly...

You said "I looked it up bf answering and all experts say he is not senile"

Obviously, that's not true, unless you say the former physician to Obama and Trump isn't an expert.

I was directly responding to what you explicitly said.

If you agree that I never claimed that all doctors say he is senile, what was the point of your posting about a doctor who said he's not senile?

"he is a puppet"

Sorry, when he mumbles at press conferences things like "they won't let me take questions", who is the "they" that he's referring to?

"look up how to diagnosis dementia. None of those took place."

You guys are precious. So why is it OK for you to say he doesn't have it, on the basis that you spent some time with someone who does?

Clearly, you're going to reflexively ignore his behavior in front of your wyes, you're going to ignore doctors who say it appears he's senile. Fine. But when you elect a mentally weak person who wasn't all that impressive to start with, don't be shocked when the results are exactly what we're seeing.

"Biden does not have problems with either."

Clearly YOU are in a better position to say that, than a physician to two presidents.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:47 AM   #30
Jim in CT

can someone give me a rational argument for why illegal
immigration is ok?

if liberal cities can make their own laws and declare themselves to be sanctuary cities,,does that mean any city can unilaterally decide to disregard federal laws they don’t happen to like?