Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-29-2016, 11:03 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Hillary Email issues

Pretty well run down track of issues.

Pour a large Coffee, put the phone on silent, and give a read.

https://informedvote2016.wordpress.c...ted-full-form/

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-30-2016, 05:35 AM   #2
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Pretty well run down track of issues.

Pour a large Coffee, put the phone on silent, and give a read.

https://informedvote2016.wordpress.c...ted-full-form/
Some surprising information here . Even for those of us that fully expected a cover up .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-30-2016, 05:44 AM   #3
spence

Don't see anything in here that hasn't been brought up before.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:37 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Don't see anything.....

not surprising information
Old 03-30-2016, 07:13 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
not surprising information
I do find it interesting that John would take the opinion of a 22 year old who honed his skills in high school debate club over real journalists talking to legal experts. Hey, he's a decent writer but please.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:24 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
I do find it interesting that John would take the opinion of a 22 year old who honed his skills in high school debate club over real journalists talking to legal experts. Hey, he's a decent writer but please.
so you ignored the content and dismissed it because of the age (and probably angle) of the writer...

"real journalists"...that's funny too

too much comedy
Old 03-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #7
buckman

Quote:
He didn't take the opinion he posted the story and it's not a debate it's an FBI investigation
What real journalist are you referring too BTW ?
Old 03-30-2016, 07:38 AM   #8
JohnR

Quote:
Haha - even a 22 year old (that has had security training) is able to look up sources.

Bu that is OK, almost 150 FBI agents have been working this case at times, surely there is nothing to see
/sarc

Quote:
Don't see anything in here that hasn't been brought up before.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-30-2016, 07:46 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:

But that is OK, almost 150 FBI Secret agents have been working this case at times, surely there is nothing to see
fixed it

it is government...maybe only 1 or 2 are actually working the case and the rest are standing around in bright yellow pinnies sipping coffee ??

seems to me if ANYONE at the FBI is looking into you or your activities, particularly if you are running around telling everyone you want to be President...there's probably something to see

Last edited by scottw; 03-30-2016 at 07:51 AM..
Old 03-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #10
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
fixed it

it is government...maybe only 1 or 2 are actually working the case and the rest are standing around in bright yellow pinnies sipping coffee ??

seems to me if ANYONE at the FBI is looking into you or your activities, particularly if you are running around telling everyone you want to be President...there's probably something to see
Exactly! Spence and Paul would be having simultaneous orgasms if the FBI were investigating Donald Trump for parking violations .
Old 03-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
Haha - even a 22 year old (that has had security training) is able to look up sources.

Bu that is OK, almost 150 FBI agents have been working this case at times, surely there is nothing to see
"Sources" are people with inside knowledge, not blogs.

Your 147 number just blew up by the way, WashPost retracted that reporting...
Old 03-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence;1097664

"Sources" are people with inside knowledge, ...
"Special" Sources
Old 03-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:

Your 147 number just blew up by the way, WashPost retracted that reporting..
"Sources" (people with inside knowledge) were wrong?
Old 03-30-2016, 09:30 AM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Exactly! Spence and Paul would be having simultaneous orgasms if the FBI were investigating Donald Trump for parking violations .
nah, I'm not infatuated with him (although I do think his campaign is a joke) and haven't posted as much as I'm guessing you seem to think I've posted. You have been posting far more than me about him. But since you mention Trump, did you see the stories saying there is a strong correlation of his support and number of racist web searches by state. Some people said that the measure was the single strongest correlation of Trump that they could find.

How is that?

Last edited by PaulS; 03-30-2016 at 09:36 AM..
Old 03-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #15
JohnR

Quote:
"Sources" are people with inside knowledge, not blogs.

Your 147 number just blew up by the way, WashPost retracted that reporting...
Ya know - you are correct, the frequently rumored 147 (which has been the number circulated for weeks) has been retracted to less than 50 agents by WaPo for the WaPo article.

Quote:
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article incorrectly said that Clinton used two different email addresses, sometimes interchangeably, as secretary of state. She used only hdr22@clintonemail.com as secretary of state. Also, an earlier version of this article reported that 147 FBI agents had been detailed to the investigation, according to a lawmaker briefed by FBI Director James B. Comey. Two U.S. law enforcement officials have since told The Washington Post that figure is too high. The FBI will not provide an exact figure, but the officials say the number of FBI personnel involved is fewer than 50.
So that means that the FBI agents on this case is less than those working on the September 11 Attacks, but more than worked on TWA 800.

BTW - did you read the article?

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #16
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

"Real journalist"

That's a good one.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:57 AM   #17
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
nah, I'm not infatuated with him (although I do think his campaign is a joke) and haven't posted as much as I'm guessing you seem to think I've posted. You have been posting far more than me about him. But since you mention Trump, did you see the stories saying there is a strong correlation of his support and number of racist web searches by state. Some people said that the measure was the single strongest correlation of Trump that they could find.

How is that?
No i didn't see that but I suspect a large portion of them could be liberals reaching for a smoking gun
Please post your source. I would love to read it and also I could use a good laugh
Old 03-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #18
PaulS

Look up Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight. Didn't read the study but I know he is well regarded.

I guess one reaction would be to laugh.

Last edited by PaulS; 03-30-2016 at 10:08 AM..
Old 03-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Look up Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight. Didn't read the study but I know he is well regarded.

If I had to bet which candidate actual racists support, I'd pick Trump. And if I had to bet which party ISIS hopes wins, it would be the Democrats. So I'm not sure you can use this to make the point you are trying to make.

The media and the Dems have done a wonderful job making the GOP out to be racist. The ironic thing is, it's the Democratic agenda that has been a disaster for blacks (I refer you to any urban area controlled by the Dems for 40 years, and do a before and after comparison). If I was a racist, I would absolutely vote for Dems, whose agenda is to treat blacks like pets, pat them on the head and say "there, there", give them just enough to avoid death, but not nearly enough to climb out of poverty.

Republicans want all blacks to succeed. Democrats want blacks to "behave", meaning, to vote for Democrats and to not move into wealthy, liberal, white neighborhoods. Because if blacks escaped poverty in huge numbers, they'd have no need to keep voting for Dems.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:45 AM   #20
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And if I had to bet which party ISIS hopes wins, it would be the Democrats.
This makes no sense.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
Ya know - you are correct, the frequently rumored 147 (which has been the number circulated for weeks) has been retracted to less than 50 agents by WaPo for the WaPo article.

So that means that the FBI agents on this case is less than those working on the September 11 Attacks, but more than worked on TWA 800.

BTW - did you read the article?
Yes, I read just about everything.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
This makes no sense.
To you, I'm sure it doesn't make sense. In all seriousness, when was the last time you were able to process something that made Democrats look like they were on the wrong side of an issue? I mean that, when was the last time? You won't admit that Hilary lies. So it's no surprise that this makes no sense.

To ISIS, the dems are seen as softer on terror and crime. Maybe you followed the issue of waterboarding, and what the 2 parties had to say on the subject. Eric Holder put forth the idea that terrorists captured on the battlefield should be mirandized (and after everyone in Congress got done laughing at that, they told him to run along and go play on the swings). Obama pulled us out of Iraq, which allowed ISIS to step up.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:24 AM   #23
buckman

Quote:

Couldn't find the study but I found a lot about how Nate totally miised on his predictions about Trump so far . I also couldn't find positive article about Trump written by Nate but I found a lot of negative ones .
He's obviously biased and to be honest not that funny 😁
Old 03-30-2016, 12:29 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
To you, I'm sure it doesn't make sense. In all seriousness, when was the last time you were able to process something that made Democrats look like they were on the wrong side of an issue? I mean that, when was the last time? You won't admit that Hilary lies. So it's no surprise that this makes no sense.

To ISIS, the dems are seen as softer on terror and crime. Maybe you followed the issue of waterboarding, and what the 2 parties had to say on the subject. Eric Holder put forth the idea that terrorists captured on the battlefield should be mirandized (and after everyone in Congress got done laughing at that, they told him to run along and go play on the swings). Obama pulled us out of Iraq, which allowed ISIS to step up.
Was does ISIS want?

A) Muslims to feel disenfranchised in their home countries so they leave and come to fight for ISIS

B) Foreign boots on the ground and collateral damage to claim Western imperialism and disregard for Muslims in Syria and Iraq to get money from sympathetic Arabs

What does Trump want?

A) Surveillance of Muslims in America and to restrict free movement based on religion

B) US boots on the ground, torture of Muslims and burn the place down War footing
Old 03-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #25
buckman

Quote:
Was does ISIS want?

A) Muslims to feel disenfranchised in their home countries so they leave and come to fight for ISIS

B) Foreign boots on the ground and collateral damage to claim Western imperialism and disregard for Muslims in Syria and Iraq to get money from sympathetic Arabs

What does Trump want?

A) Surveillance of Muslims in America and to restrict free movement based on religion

B) US boots on the ground, torture of Muslims and burn the place down War footing
A) I don't even know what the hell you mean by this , disenfranchised ?
B) But didn't ISIS gain ground and stature after the US boots on the ground were pulled against the recommendation of many ?
You really aren't making much sense lately
Old 03-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post

You really aren't making much sense lately

yup...he's lost it...

maybe he needs some of that Trump Derangement Syndrome Therapy
Old 03-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Was does ISIS want?

What does Trump want?

Your list of what ISIS wants, seems to be missing some key htings, which I promise you are on their wishlist. They would prefer a President who isn't going to empty our arsenal of conventional bombs on thei rheads, and they want a President who is less likely to send in th ecavalry to kill them all. Since they also have sa stated goal of killing as many Americans as possible, they would also prefer a President who makes it easier, rather than harder, to get jihadists into the country. Gee, I wonder why you left those things, off your list of what the terrorists want?

"Foreign boots on the ground and collateral damage to claim Western imperialism and disregard for Muslims in Syria and Iraq to get money from sympathetic Arabs "

So if we stop bombing them altogether, which reduces collateral damage to zero, you say that's bad for ISIS? Man, oh man.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #28
Raven

an indictment shall follow
Old 03-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #29
spence

John, Really????????????????????

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...nquiry-n548026
Old 03-31-2016, 09:20 PM   #30
JohnR

It is more than 12, there may also be an investigation with the Clinton Global Initiative. And the NSA is pi$$ed.

Time will tell - looks like she has a date with Director Comey real soon.

Apocalypse is Coming: