Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #31
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
nope. Its his ears.

Im sorry Jim, I am in a overly sarcastic mood tonight.
No worries, Im very grumpy, I almost posted some sarcastic, uncalled for reply to DZs dirt road thread, just to stir up some $hit.

I need a decent striper bad. Been over two months now!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #32
Joe

I've led a little league baseball team - that's bigger than a cub scout pack.....

Old 10-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I am actually embarassed for you guys when it comes to Palin. Seriosuly, what have YOU guys done with your lives? Ever lead anything larger than a cub scout pack?
Well I actually do Boy Scouts now....What's your point? Didn't realize what I was doing was so trivial....the Boys don't think so.

Quote:
This is a woman that has 5 kids, and had the guts and determination to run for mayor, then governor. That takes huge balls. TO say she is a dimwit is repulsive. ?
I don't really give a rat's ass that she had 5 kids.....my grandmother had 12 I guess she's more than twice as qualified to be VP

And I'm sorry but I want leadership in this country that doesn't embarass us every time the camera is on them....I am sick to death everytime that ass we call a president gets in front of a camera. he is an embarassment to this country.

Go to Youtube and there he is giving the finger and guffawing like Jethro Bodine, he can't put together 2 friggin sentences without sounding like a moron, hell, he couldn't open a door and had to dance like a vaudeville fool.

So yeah, i want her to answer questions and be intelligent in front of the camera because I'm tired of being emabarassed by our leadership

I'll give you that the Nitwit comment may be prematurely unfair....but she needs to do something to prove me wrong then doesn't she.

Quote:
WTF did Hillary Clinton do???? NOTHING. No one has questioned her half as hard as Palin was.
Because I dismissed her right from the get go....i wholeheartedly agree she did nothing more than sleep with a president.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #34
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

You get defensive if I comment on leading cub scouts, yet yo put down Palin who RUNS AN ENTIRE STATE. See my point?
Did your granmother lead a large industrial state while she had 12 kids? Did she run multipal campaigns?

See how you dismiss Pailn's accomplishments as if they were nothing? My point is, you dont get to where Palin is without being a leader. You dont get there without commitment and determination. Did her HArvard degree get here there? Here rich parents? Her years on the Senate floow accomplihing nothing? I dont think you can "fake" what she accomplished. As far as being an idiot when teh cameras are on, you, as most have done in the past, have failed to comment on your candidate, looking like a moron when the cameras are on. The youtube clips are above. and PS, Palin is VP. How often do you seen Cheney on TV?

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 10-02-2008 at 08:00 AM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You get defensive if I comment on leading cub scouts, yet yo put down Palin who RUNS AN ENTIRE STATE. See my point??
because that seemed to be directed squarely at me.....

Quote:
Did your granmother lead a large industrial state while she had 12 kids? Did she run multipal campaigns?
Because the fact that she has 5 kids has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HER ABILITY TO BE THE VP........so its a completely moot point....see my point. don't want to hear about

Quote:
See how you dismiss Pailn's accomplishments as if they were nothing? My point is, you dont get to where Palin is without being a leader. You dont get there without commitment and determination.Did her HArvard degree get here there? Here rich parents? Her years on the Senate floow accomplihing nothing? I dont think you can "fake" what she accomplished.
When did I dismiss her accomplishments....the only comment I made was about the 5 kids angle that is getting increasingly old

Quote:
As far as being an idiot when teh cameras are on, you, as most have done in the past, have failed to comment on your candidate, looking like a moron when the cameras are on. The youtube clips are above. and PS, Palin is VP. How often do you seen Cheney on TV?
Who's my Candidate? Enlighten me.

I haven't even come close to figuring out who I'm going to vote for yet.......You know what they say when you Assume

and Cheney is an ass.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #36
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
My point is, you dont get to where Palin is without being a leader.

My point is, you dont get to where Bush is without being a leader.

see how one word just makes that suspect. that logic doesn't seem to apply

Old 10-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #37
mekcotuit

[QUOTE=RIJIMMY;625656]Did your granmother lead a large industrial state while she had 12 kids? Did she run multipal campaigns?

See how you dismiss Pailn's accomplishments as if they were nothing? My point is, you dont get to where Palin is without being a leader. QUOTE]

Since when is Alaska a "large industrial state?" Maybe a large state geographically but the whole state has fewer people than the city of Boston! And what industries besides oil, commercial fishing and tourism???? Multiple campaigns???? For mayor of a TOWN of 5,000 and then governor of a state of 600,000? Fewer campaigns than Tom Menino and on a smaller scale.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #38
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's from what I've read, granted I wasn't there...

-spence
Spence,trying to get to the facts of Biden's exaggeration of being shot at in Iraq.

The Washington Times reported Biden said he was in the green zone
and was shot at during one visit and his helicopter was forced down during a
February trip.

He forgot to mention the helicopter was forced down due to a snow storm and the "shot at"statement was from being near a mortar round being close enough to hear it go off.

Imho, i doubt seasoned combat veterans would consider that shot at.

Maybe not as big a lie as Hillary's claim of being shot at by sniper fire,
but his stories and exaggerations seem a little larger then life.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #39
buckmanjr

I figure that all of them are bright, driven and accomplished in their own right. I think dismissing Palin as a nitwit because of a few highly edited and biased interveiws is a mistake. Sometimes I wonder if she gets some of the bad rap because she sounds bumpkinish. I think we here in the east have a preconceived notion of what smart sounds like. Southern people sound stupid to us, as do people from the far north, eh. We're so mush smarter then them, just listen to them. I think that some of us think we know what smart is and don't have a clue. Book smart and street stupid is not my idea of a leader. I dare say none of us would last 1 week in Bush's shoes.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #40
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
. You dont get there without commitment and determination. Did her HArvard degree get here there? Here rich parents? Her years on the Senate floow accomplihing nothing? I dont think you can "fake" what she accomplished.
So Jim, which is it? Is Obama where he is because he is black or is it because of his rich parents, phoniness and harvard degree.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #41
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanjr View Post
I think we here in the east have a preconceived notion of what smart sounds like.
That's for sure.

I'll take the down to earth knowledge and wisdom of a common sense person over "a book educated" so called "intellectual" any day.

Many college professors teaching the "intellectuals"have never been out in the "real world" having spent their entire life's going from getting one degree to the next.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #42
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
That's for sure.

I'll take the down to earth knowledge and wisdom of a common sense person over "a book educated" so called "intellectual" any day.

Many college professors teaching the "intellectuals"have never been out in the "real world" having spent their entire life's going from getting one degree to the next.

Would you apply this same logic to your surgeon? Would you prefer a "common sense" lawyer to one who is "book educated"? What about your accountant or the chairman of the Fed.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #43
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
That's for sure.

That falls in right line with the conservative idea that business and military experience trump academic and public sector experience.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #44
EarnedStripes44

...also, I think the demarcation between academic merit and elitism (not to be confused with elite as a positive, for example; Dustin Pedroia is an elite 2nd baseman as opposed to an elitist second baseman) have been vanquished in a deliberate attempt to weaken critical dialogue about an issue in dispute. Dismissing others as "elitist" does far more harm to the voting public and the working class conservative/republican self interest than the actual consideration of alternative points of view. This logic is what got Bush elected to a 2nd terms in office, and look what we have after 8 years of him at the helm and 6 years of his chums controlling both houses of congress; Far more harm than good!

Ohhh...but wait, Bush went to Phillips Academy, Yale and Harvard Business school. So if anyone's been hoodwinked, bamboozled, run-a-mucked, its been Joe Six Pack and his boy Bubba who believed Bush was one of them.

Guess what, you been HAD!!!!

Now pass the %$%$%$%$in merlot!!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #45
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
Would you apply this same logic to your surgeon? Would you prefer a "common sense" lawyer to one who is "book educated"? What about your accountant or the chairman of the Fed.
Of course all of mine are educated in order to practice their professions, but i have chosen all 3 in their 50's because i believe they have the common sense derived from experience.
I wouldn't choose any right out of college or medical school to trust my life or monies with.

My point was many professors, aside from med school, haven't worked in the real world, learned from books and don't have the common sense that comes from working in the "real world."

Working for a fortune 500 company i saw alot of book learners coming into the company without a clue as to what was needed in the "real world". The ones without common sense didn't last long.

Just my experience.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #46
Joe

Most people would have passed on Theo Epstein because he was too young....