Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, you didn't quote the IG. Did you even read the letter? It doesn't mention when the information was classified, only that that a few emails did contain classified information...when it was classified and for what reasons makes a big difference.

What's worse is that the info about drone strikes that led to all this "beyond top secret" hype was actually disclosed and reported on back in August. This IG letter was a trick played by Republicans to recycle already spent news. The conflict of interest here is big...it's a terrible abuse of authority.
"No, you didn't quote the IG. Did you even read the letter?"

See, maybe you are confused. I was not quoting the letter, I was quoting another comment from the IG, which was not part of the letter (I believe what I quoted was prior to the letter). Maybe you are ignoring the evidence that doesn't make her out to be a saint. Maybe there is more to the IG than just that one letter.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
See, maybe you are confused. I was not quoting the letter, I was quoting another comment from the IG, which was not part of the letter (I believe what I quoted was prior to the letter). Maybe you are ignoring the evidence that doesn't make her out to be a saint. Maybe there is more to the IG than just that one letter.
The IG is giving interviews now? Haven't seen any of those. Perhaps you're just reading what FOX is saying and assuming it's true?
Old 01-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The IG is giving interviews now? Haven't seen any of those. Perhaps you're just reading what FOX is saying and assuming it's true?
Nope, it wasn't the IG I was referring to, my bad there. It was a source from each of the 2 agencies (CIA and NGA) stating that the emails on her server, which they claim came from their respective agencies, were flagged as top secret when they hit her server.

This was Fox reporting this story. They have an ideological bias, clearly...as do you, just as clearly. If Fox made it up, they should go out of business. But I hope it gets looked into.

On what basis do you automatically dismiss this report, as untrustworthy?

"Perhaps you're just reading what FOX is saying and assuming it's true"

Nope, I'm not saying it's true. I'm saying it needs to be investigated. You are the one making a declaration, that it is not true. Again, what's your source for that?

Perhaps, on the other hand, you are listening to what Hilary is saying and assuming it's all true.

Ask yourself why you give default credibility to the self-serving statements of a serial liar?