Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Senator Warren (aka Lie-awatha) not running for POTUS

She no want-um teepee of great white chief?

Princess Spreding Bull to adoring crowd: Yes, I lied about my heritage to advance my career. I don't apologoze for it, in fact, you're going to like it and vote for me.

Crowd: Yaaaaaay!

We need to demand a bit more, this goes for both parties...
Old 04-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

I don't care who is trotted out in the next election republican or democrat the winner has been chosen already and is currently residing in the pocket of many.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
spence

As a Native American I'm offended by your off color characterization of my people.

-spence
Old 04-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
As a Native American I'm offended by your off color characterization of my people.

-spence
Don't take this the wrong way, Spence.....But you may qualify as an off color characterization of your own people.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
Piscator

Quote:

-spence
HOW!

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 04-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
Are you offended by the fact that she lied in order to claim that she deserves the same benefits that your people rightfully deserve?

In all seriousless, I am sorry if you were offended. If she hadn't lied (which should also offend you), I would have had nothing to comment on...
Old 04-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

-spence
So you are offended by Jim's opening? Or her lying? Or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, Spence.....But you may qualify as an off color characterization of your own people.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #8
Raven

she needs a scar on her nose
shelayinhayallday
Old 04-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
So you are offended by Jim's opening? Or her lying? Or both?

John she didn't lie, she mis-spoke. Like our next President, when she claimed to have come under sniper fire while traveling overseas. Or maybe I just took Warren's claims "out of context". But she didn't lie...
Old 04-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Are you offended by the fact that she lied in order to claim that she deserves the same benefits that your people rightfully deserve?

In all seriousless, I am sorry if you were offended. If she hadn't lied (which should also offend you), I would have had nothing to comment on...
I'm not convinced she's lied and I don't believe you could prove it if you had to.

A lot of people have Native American ancestry and aren't official tribal members. To become a member of the Cherokee Tribe (as Warren claimed) I had to show evidence tracing my bloodline back to the original Dawes Rolls. Doing so doesn't get you a lot beyond tribal voting rights as the Cherokee don't have a minimum blood threshold...Both my kids are in process right now, it's not a quick thing. She appears to have believed she had Native American blood and other family members have said the same thing. If she genuinely believed this -- regardless if it's right or wrong -- how can you say she lied?

Why this would compel her to indicate minority status on a school directory I don't know, perhaps she just thought it was a neat thing and wanted to express it. More importantly though, from everything I've ever read she never gained any benefit from doing so and she was highly qualified for every position she achieved.

Remember the big reason this story was floated in the first place was because Scott Brown couldn't match her on the issues...it was all he had.

-spence

Last edited by spence; 04-25-2014 at 07:54 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #11
Piscator

What's the big deal anyway...didn't the Native Americans come accross from Asia/Russia through Alaska like 20,000 years ago?

So technically Warren is part Commie...
Old 04-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #12
buckman

Quote:
I'm not convinced she's lied and I don't believe you could prove it if you had to.

A lot of people have Native American ancestry and aren't official tribal members. To become a member of the Cherokee Tribe (as Warren claimed) I had to show evidence tracing my bloodline back to the original Dawes Rolls. Doing so doesn't get you a lot beyond tribal voting rights as the Cherokee don't have a minimum blood threshold...Both my kids are in process right now, it's not a quick thing. She appears to have believed she had Native American blood and other family members have said the same thing. If she genuinely believed this -- regardless if it's right or wrong -- how can you say she lied?

Why this would compel her to indicate minority status on a school directory I don't know, perhaps she just thought it was a neat thing and wanted to express it. More importantly though, from everything I've ever read she never gained any benefit from doing so and she was highly qualified for every position she achieved.

Remember the big reason this story was floated in the first place was because Scott Brown couldn't match her on the issues...it was all he had.

-spence
Would you be offended if I asked why you and your children are going through the process of legitimizing your claim as a Native American ? Is it just cool ?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
"I'm not convinced she's lied "

Shocker. Somehow, you aren't convinced that Hilary lied about the sniper attack, despit the video footage of what actuallyhappened. To you, no prominent politician with a (D) after their name can be a liar.

"She appears to have believed she had Native American blood "

How could you POSSIBLY know what she actually believed? How coudl you know that she didn't just check that box to get the job she wanted?

Using your "logic", I can say that Gov Christie's people really thought they were conducting a traffic study when they snarled traffic on the bridge.

"she was highly qualified for every position she achieved. "

So was justice Bork. In the real world, poitical considerations sometime mean a great deal. Is that news to you?
Old 04-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Would you be offended if I asked why you and your children are going through the process of legitimizing your claim as a Native American ? Is it just cool ?
Why would I be offended? My father is into genealogy and likes to record the family heritage. Have a distant cousin that was running for tribal chief. It is cool...

-spence
Old 04-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
How could you POSSIBLY know what she actually believed? How coudl you know that she didn't just check that box to get the job she wanted?
Well, that's what she said. As I indicated, I don't see any evidence she checked a box to get any job nor did she receive any special favors.

Quote:
So was justice Bork. In the real world, poitical considerations sometime mean a great deal. Is that news to you?
Irrelevant.

-spence
Old 04-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well, that's what she said. As I indicated, I don't see any evidence she checked a box to get any job nor did she receive any special favors.

Irrelevant.

-spence
"Well, that's what she said"

Oh, well, in that case.... So since she didn't admit to lying, you assume she is not lying. May we all assume, therefore, that you don't think for a minute that Christie had anything to do with the traffic snarls? Similarly, you believe that O.J. is innocent?

That's what liars do, Spence. They say things that they know to be false.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
Piscator

Quote:
Why would I be offended? My father is into genealogy and likes to record the family heritage. Have a distant cousin that was running for tribal chief. It is cool...

-spence
Would this give you the legal right to hunt seals? Now that would be cool...I might have to check out my blood lines!

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 04-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
Would this give you the legal right to hunt seals? Now that would be cool...I might have to check out my blood lines!
Likely not but that's a good point

-spence
Old 04-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
"Well, that's what she said"

Oh, well, in that case.... So since she didn't admit to lying, you assume she is not lying. May we all assume, therefore, that you don't think for a minute that Christie had anything to do with the traffic snarls? Similarly, you believe that O.J. is innocent?

That's what liars do, Spence. They say things that they know to be false.
You have no evidence she knew it was false.

You also have no evidence she used it for any material gain.

-spence
Old 04-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
You have no evidence she knew it was false.

You also have no evidence she used it for any material gain.

-spence
"You have no evidence she knew it was false."

No? Let's re-cap...

When she taught at the University of TX, she listed herself as white. Then after she was in the Ivy League, a reporter asked her why the school listed her as Native American. She claimed to have no idea why the school listed her that way. When she was showed her application, where she listed herself a Native American, she changed her tune and said "oh that's right, I did tell them that."

Ha she provided any proof of her claim? The Globe had reported on the existence of a marriage license by her great-great grandmother, then issued a retraction.

Maybe she's actually a chameleon, white one day, Native American the next?

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/10880/
Old 04-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #21
scottw

this is hysterical isn't it?

...Chief Little Big Mouth defending Liawatha the Crooked Squaw
Old 04-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #22
buckman

Quote:

-spence
My ex was part Penobscot . That's a fact . It appears your heritage is also a fact . See the difference between fact and a hunch ? Writing down that you were a Native American, on a hunch, in a situation that even an idiot would know could benifit you , doesn't speak well of your moral character.
That's a fact !
Old 04-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #23
scottw

I'm confident that I have a stronger claim to Cherokee heritage than Spinning Bull and Liawatha combined...my Mamaw and Papaw both had very high cheek bones...I won't pretend to be offended or presume to speak for my people...but what she did is absurd and defending it is even more absurd she beat Scott Brown because, despite repeated claims to the contrary and given the option, the democrat voters of this area are far more comfortable with a whack job leftist democrat than a reasonable centrist republican over the long term... just make a list of the congress people and senators representing this region...it's not pretty

maybe I missed it but was someone suggesting she run for president?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #24
spence

Quote:
My ex was part Penobscot . That's a fact . It appears your heritage is also a fact . See the difference between fact and a hunch ? Writing down that you were a Native American, on a hunch, in a situation that even an idiot would know could benifit you , doesn't speak well of your moral character.
That's a fact !
You're making an assumption she did it for gain. Considering the strength of her resume at the time she didn't need to at all. Nor is there evidence she received any gain from it.

As for her not remembering, if somebody asks you something you didn't think was significant that happened 15 years prior, would you recall right away?

-spence
Old 04-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:
You're making an assumption she did it for gain. she probably did it to increase her lib-cred in the halls of whackodemia

Considering the strength of her resume at the time she didn't need to at all. Nor is there evidence she received any gain from it.

As for her not remembering, if somebody asks you something you didn't think was significant that happened 15 years prior, would you recall right away?

-spence
you sure are running a lot of nonsense up the totem pole if she had an "R" after her name she'd have been eviscerated for this and I'm not sure that many here would have defended her....imagine the fun saturday nite live and jon stewart would have had with it....

Last edited by scottw; 04-26-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Old 04-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #26
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

If there was no gain she wouldn't have done it. My guess is they had to round out the profile of the U had money to hire a minority professor. A solid candidate for a position at the school Warren was slid into the role of Cherokee and was coached to do so. The only person or people it matters to are Those who are in fact minority and were not hired so lily white Warren could come in with her pseudo native lineage
Old 04-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #27
buckman

There is a lot of hypocracy and questionable dealings in her and her husbands past .
Not a nice person even if she has devoted apologist and followers . I've met her in a parking spot in Cambridge that she felt she owned ..she believes she's better then others . Btw I was in the right and she went ballistic on the poor police officer who told her to move
Old 04-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
I've met her in a parking spot in Cambridge that she felt she owned ..Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Her people probably lived in that spot, weaving baskets and hunting buffalo and smoke-um peace pipe, before your people showed up.

She is a miserable Marxist shrew. I wish she was running...
Old 04-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're making an assumption she did it for gain. Considering the strength of her resume at the time she didn't need to at all. Nor is there evidence she received any gain from it.

-spence
Just for giggles...why did she claim to be white when applying for a job in Texas, and Native American when she applied for a job in New England? Interesting, no?

This is quite the Senate delegation we have here in New England. Princess Fauxahontus from Mass, and in CT, Richard Blumenthal, the man who single-handedly defeated the Viet Cong during the Tet Offensive, and if I remember my military history correctly, I believe he was also the hero of the Chosin Reservoir, the Battle of the Bulge, Gettysburg, Lexington, and even Thermopalye.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #30
Fly Rod

With her high cheek bones and claim to being indian in New England could lead her to monetary gain if she claims to be from a tribe that owns casino's...they do split the profits.