Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #61
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He wasn't fired, he resigned. It appears that use of private email was a concern but his leadership issues were the big problem.
It was a forced resignation
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #62
CTSurfrat

Do as I say, not as I do...

Sent to Diplomatic and Consular Staff in June 2011, the unclassified cable, with Clinton’s electronic signature, makes clear to “avoid conducting official Department from your personal e-mail accounts” and employees should not “auto-forward Department email to personal email accounts which is prohibited by Department policy.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...yees-while-she

This was done for the sole reason to avoid scrutiny and protect her for a future presidential run.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:20 PM   #63
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It was a forced resignation
Yea but there is a difference.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #64
sburnsey931

The existence of Mrs. Clinton’s personal email account was discovered by a House committee investigating the attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi as it sought correspondence between Mrs. Clinton and her aides about the attack.

Two weeks ago, the State Department, after reviewing Mrs. Clinton’s emails, provided the committee with about 300 emails — amounting to roughly 900 pages — about the Benghazi attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us...lags.html?_r=0

How could they possibly have conducted a thorough investigation without The Sec of States correspondence.

When she testified before congress didn't she mention that all of her emails were locked up in her house and give me a year to clean them up and i'll forward them to you.
When the 1st committee received all the data for their investigation no one noticed there wasn't The Sec of States emails...... I say "bull#%&#.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnsey931 View Post
The existence of Mrs. Clinton’s personal email account was discovered by a House committee investigating the attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi as it sought correspondence between Mrs. Clinton and her aides about the attack.

Two weeks ago, the State Department, after reviewing Mrs. Clinton’s emails, provided the committee with about 300 emails — amounting to roughly 900 pages — about the Benghazi attacks.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us/politics/hillary-clintons-use-of-private-email-at-state-department-raises-flags.html?_r=0[/url

How could they possibly have conducted a thorough investigation without The Sec of States correspondence.

When she testified before congress didn't she mention that all of her emails were locked up in her house and give me a year to clean them up and i'll forward them to you.
When the 1st committee received all the data for their investigation no one noticed there wasn't The Sec of States emails...... I say "bull#%&#.
Spence only invokes the smell test if it applies to Cheney.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #66
PaulS

Quote:
He wasn't fired, he resigned. It appears that use of private email was a concern but his leadership issues were the big problem.
I wasn't commenting on the whole thread but the fact that Hillary used the private email account. I heard that it wasn't illegal and that Pres. Obama actually stated that it shouldn't be done (not Hillary specifically but all Sr Gov. ees). I think it is innappropriate for gov. business to be conducted on private accts. Plus the issue of security.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I wasn't commenting on the whole thread but the fact that Hillary used the private email account. I heard that it wasn't illegal and that Pres. Obama actually stated that it shouldn't be done (not Hillary specifically but all Sr Gov. ees). I think it is innappropriate for gov. business to be conducted on private accts. Plus the issue of security.
That is a very fair assessment. One more item on a very long list of very questionable decision-making on her part. But I'd vote for her over Senator Warren (Princess Spreading Bull, who me thinks like-um the tee-pee of Great White Chief) any day of the week...

Now, given all the sniper fire she routinely came under as SecState, she was probably too afraid to leave her house to go to work. I still can't fathom how anyone recovers from that lie.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #68
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That is a very fair assessment. One more item on a very long list of very questionable decision-making on her part. But I'd vote for her over Senator Warren (Princess Spreading Bull, who me thinks like-um the tee-pee of Great White Chief) any day of the week...

Now, given all the sniper fire she routinely came under as SecState, she was probably too afraid to leave her house to go to work. I still can't fathom how anyone recovers from that lie.
Because just like that lie Jim , this story also won't get any serious play by the media . Its just not as important as say .... Someone saying Obama doesn't love his country . You would think it would be seeing how hypocritical this was, as well as dangerous to this country's national security. I'm sure her emails have been scrubbed by now . Trey dropped the ball on this as he knew about this in August .
Complete BS and another reason why I don't think this President does love this country !
Old 03-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because just like that lie Jim , this story also won't get any serious play by the media . Its just not as important as say .... Someone saying Obama doesn't love his country . You would think it would be seeing how hypocritical this was, as well as dangerous to this country's national security. I'm sure her emails have been scrubbed by now . Trey dropped the ball on this as he knew about this in August .
Complete BS and another reason why I don't think this President does love this country !
no one can sit in Rev Wright's church for 20 years, call that man his spiritual advisor, let that man baptize your kids, and truly love what the country stands for. It's not possible. I'm supposed to believe that Obama just happened to skip all those sermons with viscious anti-American rhetoric? Sorry, if I sat in a church led by a white supremacist for 20 years, I cannot claim to love black people. It doesn't make sense.

Nor can one choose to be a political lapdog of Bill Ayers, who tried to bomb the US Capital Building, and love this country.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #70
spence

Quote:
Because just like that lie Jim , this story also won't get any serious play by the media.
It's pretty funny you'd make this statement after the Clinton email thing has been one of the dominant news stories of the week. Oh, and broken by your evil NY Times no less.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #71
buckman

Quote:
It's pretty funny you'd make this statement after the Clinton email thing has been one of the dominant news stories of the week. Oh, and broken by your evil NY Times no less.
It was ?? I thought Ford's plane crash and the wag the dog Holder move
Old 03-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #72
spence

Quote:
It was ?? I thought Ford's plane crash and the wag the dog Holder move
I love it, Feds uncover massive racial corruption by a government agency and it's of no worth...move along, nothing to see here...
Old 03-07-2015, 08:50 AM   #73
buckman

Quote:
I love it, Feds uncover massive racial corruption by a government agency and it's of no worth...move along, nothing to see here...
Massive ??? You're hilarious.
And when the networks report something so obviously negative about this administration they "Spencerize" it. they don't report it
Old 03-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #74
spence

Quote:
Massive ??? You're hilarious.
And when the networks report something so obviously negative about this administration they "Spencerize" it. they don't report it
So you're alleging the Clinton story is being buried?
Old 03-07-2015, 09:35 AM   #75
buckman

Quote:
So you're alleging the Clinton story is being buried?
Facing your problem and admitting what you do is a good step. 😊
What the media in general does is add a "but" to every potentially damaging story. There was no "but" when Bush was president. Or either downplay the story or blow it out of proportion ,depending on how it makes the administration look.
You know like calling the Fergason story " massive" but downplaying an obviously corrupt and diabolical Secretary of State.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #76
Nebe

Clinton story is being burried?!? How about obamas big trade deal with Asia?? Absolutely no coverage. Why?
Old 03-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #77
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Clinton story is being burried?!? How about obamas big trade deal with Asia?? Absolutely no coverage. Why?
I can't find anything either . Maybe "big" is a stretch
Old 03-07-2015, 01:09 PM   #78
spence

Quote:
You know like calling the Fergason story " massive" but downplaying an obviously corrupt and diabolical Secretary of State.
Ferguson - corrupt system shaking down black people to fund the city.

Clinton - tells agency to release all emails

Obviously corrupt and diabolical.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #79
spence

The fishing expedition that is going to ensure will be hilarious.

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS

NEW INFORMATION OBTAINED BY FOX NEWS THROUGH A VERIFIED SOURCE FAMILIAR WITH THE CLINTON EMAILS REPORTS THAT ON MAY 29TH 2010 ACTING SECRETARY OF STATE HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON ENDED A SENTENCE WITH A PREPOSITION IN VIOLATION OF CLASSICAL GRAMMAR RULES AND AN AFFRONT TO THE TRIVIUM.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #80
buckman

Quote:

Yes that correctly sums up the two stories .

Last edited by buckman; 03-07-2015 at 01:46 PM..
Old 03-07-2015, 01:48 PM   #81
buckman

And red flags here Spence ?
"Because the emails were housed on her private account, the process was overseen by Clinton and her aides, not archivists like it would have been if the email was housed on government servers."
Old 03-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #82
Nebe

Quote:
And red flags here Spence ?
"Because the emails were housed on her private account, the process was overseen by Clinton and her aides, not archivists like it would have been if the email was housed on government servers."
A perfect way to "edit" your legacy. God I hope she isn't out next president.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:27 AM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
Massive? Seven distasteful emails (out of 10 years' worth of emails?) and the fact that blacks account for a greater percentage of stops and arrests than they do of the general population. Which means exactly zilch if blacks represent that same proportion of people who actually break the law.

Come on, Spence. If there's racism in that PD, it needs to be fixed, but their chief of police isn't running for President.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Clinton - tells agency to release all emails "

How do we know what she deleted?

Ferguson is a local matter, Clinton's character is obviously a national concern if she's running for POTUS...she may get an actual challenge from Lie-awatha.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:06 AM   #85
spence

I'm thinking the Trey Gowdy renewed vigor into Clinton could backfire big time.

He's going to stir the pot and dig deeper, likely find nothing, and exonerate her in the process...just wait and see.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #86
buckman

Not if she testifies truthfully.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #87
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I'm thinking the Trey Gowdy renewed vigor into Clinton could backfire big time.

He's going to stir the pot and dig deeper, likely find nothing, and exonerate her in the process...just wait and see.
It will be a tall task to exonerate her stupidity in this instance. This was reckless at best for a person of her position.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #88
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It will be a tall task to exonerate her stupidity in this instance. This was reckless at best for a person of her position.
Whiplash effect. Because of who she is, the more outrageous the offense once it turns out there's no there there the more likely it goes away.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #89
spence

Quote:

Not if she testifies truthfully.
Guilty before proven innocent. God bless America.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #90
buckman

Quote:
Guilty before proven innocent. God bless America.
She said she never emailed classified information . Do you think that is true ?
She said she only has one email because she didn't want to carry two phones . Clearly BS . Maybe if you're 90 you buy that excuse but do you Spence ? Everyone I know has two or more emails on one phone . I have work and personal .
We won't get the server and I'm sure the hard drive has been destroyed .
Acting guilty as sin that's for sure .