Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The thing that discredits this guy to me is that he is not politically neutral. Judges need to remain neutral so that they can follow the word of the law in black and white. This guy to me is a puppet. Nothing more. I’m sure after a few years we can review his decisions of things and see what I mean.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Actually, he is a disappointment to constitutional "conservatives." He is proving to be more of a "centrist" than a textualist.

Just curious, which SCOTUS Judges do you consider politically neutral?
Old 09-17-2019, 05:50 PM   #62
Sea Dangles

Quote:
The thing that discredits this guy to me is that he is not politically neutral. Judges need to remain neutral so that they can follow the word of the law in black and white. This guy to me is a puppet. Nothing more. I’m sure after a few years we can review his decisions of things and see what I mean.
He has already demonstrated otherwise.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I didn't see any hate in what you said. He just likes to throw that word around, whether it applies or not. Like the left throws the word "racism" around, usually when it doesn't apply. "Hate" and "racism" are some of the most devastating things you can be accused of. That's why they do it. And it is a despicable thing to do.
i know. the liberal myth of the angry white male. in their minds, it’s not possible to have a principled disagreement with them. it must be based on some kind of character flaw.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #64
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i know. the liberal myth of the angry white male. in their minds, it’s not possible to have a principled disagreement with them. it must be based on some kind of character flaw.
How is it a liberal myth when you constantly claim all liberals do this and all liberals do that? So you can't have a disagreement without insulting everybody who has the opposing viewpoint. look at Post 31. That is typical of your posting Style
Old 09-17-2019, 06:16 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Then let's have an honest thorough investigation and what evidence shows comes out. Make thate wrong.
investigate what? a 25 year old
party where most of the kids were drunk, where the victim is t saying anything happened, and where one accuser who just happems
to be well connected to the Clintons, says Kavanaugh was pushed. no one is saying kavanaugh did anything.

and the democrats running for president aren’t asking for an investigation. they’re saying kavanaugh should be impeached. you’d think a prosecutor and a harvard law professor would have a cursory understanding of
jurisprudence. Nope.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
No offense Ross and having been a U-Mass Amherst SAE fraternity member in the 70’s, I hear you. However I was also married to a women who was so emotionally f’ed up by a similar sexual predator in her high school senior year, nobody in her family, police or even myself learned about it until I was married for ten years. Sh*t like that will to some make those memories get buried as that is how they need to deal. The witnesses are IMHO far more important as they were not emotionally impaired by the incident and all should have been interviewed, this is a LIFE long appointment not a two or four year term.
how traumatized can one be, if one chooses to go to a naked party with drunk college kids, and someone’s private’s touch your hand. i’m sorry, thus isnt from the screenplay of The Accused. how many times
did you go to an alcohol fueled party in college and not have physical contact with anyone there. she’s lucky she didn’t get gang raped putting herself in that idiotic situation. there might have been a Kennedy there, in which case she’d be swimming with the fishes.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:24 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Judges need to remain neutral so that they can follow the word of the law in black and white.
that is a spectacular argument in favor of judges that only conservatives appoint. put personal politics aside
and do what the constitution says, whether you happen to like it or
not.

using your litmus rest, sotomayor could never have gotten confirmed, she was routinely overturned
by higher judges.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually, he is a disappointment to constitutional "conservatives." He is proving to be more of a "centrist" than a textualist.

Just curious, which SCOTUS Judges do you consider politically neutral?
ginsberg
Old 09-17-2019, 07:15 PM   #69
Nebe

Quote:
ginsberg
Yeah right.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #70
Jim in CT

also
worth noting that the “credible witness” to this event, also isnt speaking, and didn’t talk to the NYT. they spoke to friends of his, who claim he told them that he witnessed this.

so it’s a second hand account, that at a drunken
naked party 25 years ago, that someone pushed kavanaughs private’s into a woman’s hand, and the woman won’t corroborate.

this is an absolute joke.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:44 AM   #71
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Does Kavanaugh have a detachable penis?
maybe

Old 09-18-2019, 05:13 AM   #72
scottw

those dirty, dirty democrats will stop at nothing...

Jan Crawford‏
Verified account
@JanCBS

We report tonight the real bombshell: Christine Ford’s close HS friend (who Ford says was at the party when Kavanaugh allegedly assaulted her) said Ford’s story is not believable and told the FBI Ford’s allies pressured her, threatened her with a smear campaign to say otherwise.

Keyser told the writers, “I was told behind the scenes that certain things could spread about me if I didn’t comply,”

Not only did Christine Blasey Ford’s key witness and friend — Leland Keyser — state that she didn’t recall the party where Ford claimed she was assaulted, she also says she doesn’t remember “any others like it.”

“I just really didn’t have confidence in the story.”
Old 09-18-2019, 05:22 AM   #73
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

his performance during the hearings was below par for SCOTUS.
I'm glad he defended himself and stood up to the dirty democrats who were trying desperately to destroy him in the most despicable ways imaginable.....
Old 09-18-2019, 05:49 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
those dirty, dirty democrats will stop at nothing...

Jan Crawford‏
Verified account
@JanCBS

We report tonight the real bombshell: Christine Ford’s close HS friend (who Ford says was at the party when Kavanaugh allegedly assaulted her) said Ford’s story is not believable and told the FBI Ford’s allies pressured her, threatened her with a smear campaign to say otherwise.

Keyser told the writers, “I was told behind the scenes that certain things could spread about me if I didn’t comply,”

Not only did Christine Blasey Ford’s key witness and friend — Leland Keyser — state that she didn’t recall the party where Ford claimed she was assaulted, she also says she doesn’t remember “any others like it.”

“I just really didn’t have confidence in the story.”
keyser shared texts with the fbi, from kavanaugh opponents who threatened to smear the single mom, claiming she was a druggie, if she didn’t back the allegations against kavanaugh.

this is part tds, part warning to any other conservative judges out there to think twice about trying for the supreme court, because they’ll
never stop trying to sink their teeth into you.

funny thing, is kavanaugh has shown to be less
conservative than many would like.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
keyser shared texts with the fbi, from kavanaugh opponents who threatened to smear the single mom, claiming she was a druggie, if she didn’t back the allegations against kavanaugh.

this is part tds, part warning to any other conservative judges out there to think twice about trying for the supreme court, because they’ll
never stop trying to sink their teeth into you.

funny thing, is kavanaugh has shown to be less
conservative than many would like.
And whose supporters issued death threats to Ford, that she shared with the FBI?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
And whose supporters issued death threats to Ford, that she shared with the FBI?
Is this supposed to nullify what Keyser said?
Old 09-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
you got me. because right up until
this moment, i had always said that all republicans are wonderful
people. i never said otherwise. nope.

Paul, our politics has gotten much uglier since the left turned on Bush. It got worse with Obama, and much worse with Trump, we’ve never seen anything like this.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:17 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
no, it’s whataboutism. which for reasons i don’t get, is valid when liberals do it, but not when conservatives do it.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:18 AM   #79
Jim in CT

The latest kavanaugh claims are a joke, and the NYT made fools of themselves for editing the story the way they did. journalism doesn’t get much more yellow than that.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:43 AM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No, but the converse does not make Keyser's memory or lack thereof true or false.

Quote:
Did Kavanaugh repeatedly lie to Congress is the question?

The Supreme Court nominee has been adamant that while he enjoys beer and perhaps at time drank “too many,” it was never to the point of passing out, blacking out, or even causing slight lapses in memory.

He grew “belligerent and aggressive” as a drunk, according to Chad Ludington, one of Kavanaugh’s former classmates.

Liz Swisher, another former Yale classmate “There’s no problem with drinking beer in college. The problem is lying about it.”

In 2004, Kavanaugh said he did not “personally” handle the nomination of Judge William Pryor, who currently sits on the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals (which covers Alabama, Georgia, and Florida).

Kavanaugh, who worked in Bush’s White House counsel office in the early 2000s, distanced himself from Pryor’s nomination in 2004, saying during his own confirmation hearing, “No, I was not involved in handling his nomination.”

Between 2002 and 2003, Kavanaugh is included in several emails referencing the Pryor nomination. In one exchange between Kavanaugh and White House aide Kyle Sampson, Kavanaugh is asked: “How did the Pryor interview go?” He responded, “Call me.” In another email chain, Kavanaugh is included in a conversation about a conference call to “coordinate plans and efforts” around Pryor.

There’s also the case of the improperly obtained Democratic files, detailing strategies for opposing Bush’s judicial nominees in the 2000s, which a Republican Senate aide circulated with White House staff.

In 2004, Kavanaugh claimed that he had never seen “any documents that appeared ... to have been drafted or prepared by Democratic staff members of the Senate Judiciary Committee.” But an email between the Republican staffer and Kavanaugh showed him receiving some of the documents.

Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) asked Kavanaugh directly: “Are Ramirez’s allegations about you true?”

Kavanaugh responded with a little slithery lawyer speak, “None of the witnesses in the room support that. If that had happened, that would have been the talk of campus in our freshman dorm.” And apparently interviewing his dorm-mates is not worth doing.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #81
scottw

Quote:

No, but the converse does not make Keyser's memory or lack thereof true or false.
this is hilarious
Old 09-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
this is hilarious
i notice he didn’t comment on the threats Keyser received.

“hotel.”
Old 09-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i notice he didn’t comment on the threats Keyser received.

“hotel.”
What was Keyser threatened with to change her story?
Would that be impossible for the people who employed Cohen, Stone and Roy Cohn. Paid the Enquirer to buy and kill stories.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled

The larger problem is that it appears Kavanaugh lied to Congress.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #85
detbuch

Quote:
Yeah, that "appears" thing can be a large problem and can lead to a very expensive, waste of precious congressional time spent on things like Russian collusion.

It's ironic to me that lying to Congress is a crime while these reprobates that occupy those congressional seats lie to us in order to get elected, and when they win, they continue to lie to us nearly every time they speak politically. And, if we support them, we understand and accept why they have to lie, just so long as they do it in a skillful, polished, sophisticated manner.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #86
scottw

Quote:

ooooh Pete....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMjE4MTQ3ODc4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYzNTIwNA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	66503  
Old 09-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
Would that be impossible for the people who employed Cohen, Stone and Roy Cohn. Paid the Enquirer to buy and kill stories.
they threatened to go on social media and smear her, tell people
she was a druggie.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:10 AM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
ooooh Pete....
Quote:
they threatened to go on social media and smear her, tell people
she was a druggie.
One of you is sitting in the low chair.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-19-2019, 08:15 AM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
One of you is sitting in the low chair.
no idea what that means. you asked what she was threatened with, and i answered. if you didn’t care to know the answer, why did you ask?
Old 09-19-2019, 08:29 AM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
no idea what that means. you asked what she was threatened with, and i answered. if you didn’t care to know the answer, why did you ask?
It went right over your head.

So, who successfully threatened her?

Could it possibly be the person or people who employed Cohen, Stone and Roy Cohn. Paid the Enquirer to buy and kill stories.

Classic Trickster move

Lets Go Darwin