Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-30-2019, 05:15 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump’s losing it

Yesterday Trump threatened a whistleblower, accused one or more of his top nat sec aides of being spies, demanded a House Chair be interrogated on suspicion of treason and threatened to foment a civil war if he is removed from office.

18 USC 2383

"Whoever incites... any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 05:33 AM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He ran for fame and family fortune, he will be famous for being the most corrupt president of our lifetime and his family continues to make money and will squeeze every dime out of us until this ends.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-30-2019, 07:06 AM   #3
Nebe

Lock HIM UP!
Old 09-30-2019, 07:26 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Four more years
Old 09-30-2019, 07:29 AM   #5
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Four more years
Added to his prison sentence ? Ok
Old 09-30-2019, 08:35 AM   #6
PaulS

Greatest President of our lifetime.

(Saving SD the trouble of posting.)
Old 09-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Greatest President, how could he be impeached?

If you think that remember
Nixon ended Vietnam, opened up China, founded the EPA, signed Title IX so women could play sports, helped end desegregation in southern schools, lowered the voting age, created the National Cancer Center, plus he was a dog owner

He was man enough to resign when he was caught, though I wonder if he was given the choice of resigning and a pardon vs Impeachment and Indictment.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 09:11 AM   #8
spence

Soon Trump will be directly threatening the whistle blower and breaking more laws.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Soon Trump will be directly threatening the whistle blower and breaking more laws.
Oh wait he already is...
Old 09-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #10
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Yesterday Trump threatened a whistleblower, accused one or more of his top nat sec aides of being spies, demanded a House Chair be interrogated on suspicion of treason and threatened to foment a civil war if he is removed from office.

18 USC 2383

"Whoever incites... any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

“Trump loosing it”

This coming from a guy who obsesses over him & bitches on an internet Fishing forum 24-7.
Ya, he’s loosing it.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Four more years
if (1) nothing more serious comes of this, and (2) the CT u.s. attorney finds rules were broken by the obama justice department to spy on the trump campaign, and (3) trump
signs a trade deal with china, and (4) warren is the nominee, IF those all happen, trump could win more electoral votes than he did in 2016.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

If you look at the Khusyaynova complaint you will find many of Trump's talking points repeated. From civil war, voter fraud, fake news, highly partisan Mueller and OLD McCain

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-Complaint.pdf

A good reason to listen to the professionals and not just trust your very large brain or gut, even if you consider yourself a stable genius.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 10:25 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

“‘There’s two people I think Putin pays: [Dana] Rohrabacher and Trump.”

— Republican Kevin McCarthy, on tape, June 15, 2016.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 10:26 AM   #14
Jim in CT

why is trump suggesting adversaries are spies and traitors? doesn’t he know, as all enlightened progressives do, that’s its only noble to throw these accusations at Carter Page?
Old 09-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Former GOP Sen. Jeff Flake announces support for impeachment of Trump (with some reservations) and calls on Republicans not to back Trump’s re-election: “Trust me when I say that you can go elsewhere for a job. But you cannot go elsewhere for a soul.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 10:31 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

House Ways & Means Chair Neal said he’s consulting lawyers about whether to make public a complaint by a federal employee about possible misconduct in the IRS’s auditing of Trump. Employee alleges “inappropriate efforts to influence” the audit process

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #17
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
“Trump loosing it”

This coming from a guy who obsesses over him & bitches on an internet Fishing forum 24-7.
Ya, he’s loosing it.
Which one is losing it???

Seems like whenever Trump does ANYTHING that the Dem's / left don't like (which is just about everything) they get "triggered" and get their collective panties in bunch.

Notice that the democrats' collective energy is being wasted SOLELY on one thing?
Now I understand why they are always losing it.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 09-30-2019, 10:44 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Which one is losing it???

Seems like whenever Trump does ANYTHING that the Dem's / left don't like (which is just about everything) they get "triggered" and get their collective panties in bunch.

Notice that the democrats' collective energy is being wasted SOLELY on one thing?
Now I understand why they are always losing it.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

pete will post obsessively about the republicans who are in favor of
impeachment, and says nothing about the democrats opposed to
impeachment ( yes, to Petes chagrin, they do exist, he’s just desperate to deny it).
Old 09-30-2019, 10:50 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

“For an American president to defend Moscow’s misbehavior by asking what about us? That should still shock every American. It’s a dereliction of a solemn duty. And it’s a far cry from putting ‘America First.’”

https://www.justsecurity.org/66370/t...e-oval-office/

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 10:56 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Pompeo pushes back on Trump's beliefs of Ukraine interference:

Pompeo announces new sanctions on Russian election meddlers; implicit rebuke to Trump’s skepticism.

And he meets with him at 4 this afternoon, might be interesting.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
pete will post obsessively about the republicans who are in favor of
impeachment, and says nothing about the democrats opposed to
impeachment ( yes, to Petes chagrin, they do exist, he’s just desperate to deny it).
More Republicans and fewer Democrats each day

New: Republican Rep. Mac Thornberry has announced that he will not run for reelection next year, Dallas Morning News reports, making the 13-term lawmaker the 6th Texas Republican in Congress to head for the exits ahead of the 2020 election.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 10:59 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
More Republicans and fewer Democrats each day
How many times a day do you check?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tin foil hat.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	66530  
Old 09-30-2019, 11:07 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
How many times a day do you check?

i agree it’s concerning. the remedy is the next election, not undoing the last one.

“As Republicans have said for decades, the United States is not a democracy but a representative republic. The purpose of the impeachment clause is precisely for the trustees of the voters in Congress to undo what the voters did.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

GOP Congressman Will Plead Guilty in Insider-Trading Case

Collins was first member of Congress to back Trump in 2016

He's losing them one way or another.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
“As Republicans have said for decades, the United States is not a democracy but a representative republic. The purpose of the impeachment clause is precisely for the trustees of the voters in Congress to undo what the voters did.”
agreed, when there is an impeachable offense. “because i hate his guts”, and “because he humiliated our side
by beating the unbeatable hilary”, don’t qualify.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

What we know:
1 Russia hacked the DNC and leaked the emails.
2 Russia hacked the RNC and never leaked the emails.
3 The GOP never Trumpers (McCarthy) jump on the Trump wagon
What does Russia have? What is the level of corruption found?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 11:17 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
What we know:
here’s a question no one asks. yes, russia hacked and released the emails. but is
anyone saying the emails
aren’t real?

if the emails suggest hilary acted in a way, which if word got out could
harm her in the election, then isn’t the real story why she was engaging in that behavior, rather than who told us about it?

secure the systems, fine. but if hilary wasn’t acting unethically, there’s be no impact of releasing the emails. if the media would
do its job, we would
have already known about what was in those emails.

if she lost votes because russia exposed slimy things she truly did, that’s her fault. isn’t it?
Old 09-30-2019, 11:26 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
agreed, when there is an impeachable offense. “because i hate his guts”, and “because he humiliated our side
by beating the unbeatable hilary”, don’t qualify.
Jim, the Ukraine thing is just the tip of the iceberg. Spinning it into being driven by personal grievances is using the Russian divisive playbook. I have not seen any Democratic Party leadership comments resembling your quotes.

Here is where I think it should head next, along with the other buried documents. Denigrating the FBI and CIA for years and then having them find out you were lying to them is not recommended.

Benjamin Wittes in Lawfare

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.

The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the previous day had relieved “great pressure” on him.

A memorandum summarizing the meeting was limited to a few officials with the highest security clearances in an attempt to keep the president’s comments from being disclosed publicly, according to the former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Shortly after the story broke, I received a message from a person directly involved with the FBI’s decision to open a counterintelligence and obstruction investigation of President Trump in the immediate aftermath of the firing of FBI Director James Comey. To say this person, who had clearly learned about the matter for the first time from the Post, was angered by the story would be to understate the matter.

The message read in relevant part: “None of us had any idea. Multiple people had opportunity and patriotic reason to tell us. Instead, silence.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 11:30 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
here’s a question no one asks. yes, russia hacked and released the emails. but is
anyone saying the emails
aren’t real?

if the emails suggest hilary acted in a way, which if word got out could
harm her in the election, then isn’t the real story why she was engaging in that behavior, rather than who told us about it?

secure the systems, fine. but if hilary wasn’t acting unethically, there’s be no impact of releasing the emails. if the media would
do its job, we would
have already known about what was in those emails.

if she lost votes because russia exposed slimy things she truly did, that’s her fault. isn’t it?
Next, will you suggest we thank Russia and invite anyone to interfere in our elections because it is somehow deserved.

But you missed the point

What we know:

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #30
Jim in CT

pete, so when hilary gets caught being unethical, you ignore what she did and focus on how the story broke. do i have that right?