Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
Higgie

BSB

I’ve always done my Black Sea bass fishing in buzz bay from the opening til Father’s Day and always focused on structure changes and not so much depth and always done really well. Not looking for a specific spot or anything like that but with Rhode Island season back open to more fish per person I wanna put some friends who are in town this coming weekend on some fish. Are the fish up in the bay or do I need to go out front?? Is depth more of a focal point?? Typically done well tipping bucjtails with fresh squid is this also something to change up?? Thanks in advance Higgie

It would be raining soup, and id be be standing outside with a fork
Higgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
bassballer

Bucktails tipped with squid will definitely work. I don't fish much up the bay but out front has been producing some really nice BSB. I usuallymove around depths and structure till we find them. Be prepared to weed through a million shorts.
bassballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #3
Clammer

Hig , don,t go in the bay ……… about 6.8 years ago they had a great spawn & the small ones were everywhere .well this year the spawn is 10X,s larger than that one …………..you can,t fish in the bay without getting hammered by these 3.4" SB & they are just as aggressive ……… forget any kind of bait , squid, clams , etc ……….. they are in 10' & 50' add the sea robins ………………………………………………….. ya have to go out in front ……… some guys are saying deep & some not so much ………….my opinion is . where there is bait & not so much compertation . SCUP, Sea rOBINS .
I missed a huge bite yesterday & can,t make it out until after tomorrow .but they are forecasting a heave WEDs thru sat .add that to a dropping tide & it could be sloppy .

all the bluefish ya want in the bay , some schoolies & the funny fish are now in...not sure if its a mix of bones & albies ……………..
Good Luck

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:03 AM   #4
Higgie

Thanks guys exactly the answers I was looking for. Hoping this storm stays further south than anticipated end of the week
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #5
niko

50-60' has been productive

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #6
Billybob

I look for around 60', over some structure.
I like a big jig like a shimano flat fall butterfly with a small teaser on a dropper above it tipped with squid or gulp.
Billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:49 AM   #7
MakoMike

Rocks, rocks and more rocks are what you want. Find the rocks and the sea bass will be there along with the scup. Use big hooks if you don't want to catch the scup.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybob View Post
I look for around 60', over some structure.
I like a big jig like a shimano flat fall butterfly with a small teaser on a dropper above it tipped with squid or gulp.
Same, but I skip the teaser, I think it messes with the action of the jig, and catch rates don't suffer; they mostly hit it on the drop and I don't want that impacted by the teaser...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:41 PM   #9
Higgie

In the spring everyone heads to Cleveland’s and I have a spot out of wareham that is in 25’ of water on a rock pile that’s only a 15 min run from the launch and I can limit out in just a few drifts but have never tried in the fall or in Rhode Island. That’s what I love about this site is the people willing to offer a little intel
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device