Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
right...if I was a heterosexual....wait, I am a heterosexual...and I found myself in my early 20's in combat(or anywhere else for that matter) in a women only platoon and my sexual orientation oriented me toward....women.... I'm sure I'd not develop any unrequited affection for these women, I certainly wouldn't sneak any peaks and they definitely woudn't be a distraction...even if they were all lesbians......

seems like the same people that will tell you to give your kids birth control becuase they are going to do it any way and can't control their impulses will also tell you that 18-20 something soldiers can serve together even in the most difficult situations and their "impulses" can easily be controlled and will not affect their performance...which can mean life and death
This is a great post Sc ott, and gets to the heart of why I say liberalism is a mental disorder. Liberals will say that abstinence doesn't work, you can't stop people from having sex. Those same folks will then say, 5 minutes later, that having homosexuals in the military won't necessarily have any consequences, because those people can just put their sexuality aside. For a whole year, while living in close quarters with those you are attracted to, and under very trying, often lonely, circumstances. Right.

There is no debating these people, because their platform has no foundation of logic. Amazingly, they see no incostincies in those arguments.

I was an average combat commander, no better, no worse. I was very very glad I never had any girls under my command. I had enough problems to deal with.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
scottw

JohnR summed it up very nicely
Old 12-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and gets to the heart of why I say liberalism is a mental disorder.
Jim: small nit to pick.

I enjoy discussion with you, and find it respectful and you have a good perspective having served... BUT... can you please stop saying that "I Say liberalism.." this... it is a Michael Savage Quote (and book title). I said it before, if you used this in public forums before him, sue that whack-job and get rich!

As far as the perspective of the inability to control ones sexuality.

Were you married when you were deployed? Did you manage to control your sexual impulses for a year and not have an affair with a female soldier? Hooker? I assume no as you seem like a stand-up guy.

I think assuming a gay soldier is going to be more prone to rape or assault another soldier is shaky ground.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
scottw

hey John...I think Barney would like to shower with you

Not allowing gay military personnel to shower with straight military peronnel would be “discrimination.” That’s the position of Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), an openly gay member of Congress who is a proponent of banishing the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.

Frank told CNSNews.com that the idea that people might be concerned over gays and straights showering together, and the possible disruption it could case, is a “silly issue”:

“To accept the principle that homosexuals can’t shower with other people is a degree of discrimination that goes far beyond this. We don’t get ourselves dry cleaned. We tend to take showers when we go to the gym; when we play sports,” Frank said.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hey John...I think Barney would like to shower with you

Not allowing gay military personnel to shower with straight military peronnel would be “discrimination.” That’s the position of Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), an openly gay member of Congress who is a proponent of banishing the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.

Frank told CNSNews.com that the idea that people might be concerned over gays and straights showering together, and the possible disruption it could case, is a “silly issue”:

“To accept the principle that homosexuals can’t shower with other people is a degree of discrimination that goes far beyond this. We don’t get ourselves dry cleaned. We tend to take showers when we go to the gym; when we play sports,” Frank said.
No, not showering with Barney, nor will I have a beer with him.

So, if I base who I want to take my shower with by gender, I get to shower other men, but if I chose to shower with those of my preferred sexuality I get to shower with women, but since we know THAT won't happened I think I have just found a new consideration for the equality police. Who will protect my desires rights?

(disclaimer: that was an attempt at humor. No people, races, genders, possible genders, sexuality, multiple sexualities, multiple race/sexuality/gender/futuregender were intended to be offended).

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No, not showering with Barney, nor will I have a beer with him.

So, if I base who I want to take my shower with by gender, I get to shower other men, but if I chose to shower with those of my preferred sexuality I get to shower with women, but since we know THAT won't happened I think I have just found a new consideration for the equality police. Who will protect my desires rights?

(disclaimer: that was an attempt at humor. No people, races, genders, possible genders, sexuality, multiple sexualities, multiple race/sexuality/gender/futuregender were intended to be offended).
Jonn, you are a white, heterosexual, middle-class, stable, successful, happy male. As such, the liberals have not anointed you with "victim" status, and therefore, their agenda doesn't include giving you whatever you want.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

Did you manage to control your sexual impulses for a year and not have an affair with a female soldier? Hooker? .
WoW...imagine commanding a platoon of hookers?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

I enjoy discussion with you, and find it respectful and you have a good perspective having served... BUT... can you please stop saying that "I Say liberalism.." this... it is a Michael Savage Quote (and book title). I said it before, if you used this in public forums before him, sue that whack-job and get rich!

As far as the perspective of the inability to control ones sexuality.

Were you married when you were deployed? Did you manage to control your sexual impulses for a year and not have an affair with a female soldier? Hooker? I assume no as you seem like a stand-up guy.

I think assuming a gay soldier is going to be more prone to rape or assault another soldier is shaky ground.
When liberals stop supporting an insane agenda (murderers deserve to live, but not unborn babies), I'll be happy tp stop referring to it as a mental disorder. It is what it is.

To your other points, I got married on leave, during my service. No, I did not cheat on my wife. But you see, except for the rare day off, I had no opportunity, because I was surrounded by men, who I'm not attracted to. If I was gay, how could I not feel some sexual impulses toward some of the guys?

Your argument literally could not be weaker. A heterosexual soldier, while on duty, has no temptation for sexual distraction. A homosexual soldier would be surrounded by temptation.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #9
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Repeal Of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Paves Way For Gay Sex Right On Battlefield, Opponents Fantasize

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
because I was surrounded by men, who I'm not attracted to. If I was gay, how could I not feel some sexual impulses toward some of the guys?

A heterosexual soldier, while on duty, has no temptation for sexual distraction. A homosexual soldier would be surrounded by temptation.
I don't know, you remember that episode when George was visiting his mom in the hospital and the male nurse was giving the guy in the next bed a sponge bath and he said he felt a twinge...."not that there's anything wrong with that"
Old 12-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Please don't put ugly words in my mouth, hold me accountable for what I actually say, OK?

Homosexuals are not more likely to rape or assault, I never said any such thing. I do think they are just as likely to be distracted by sexuality towards those they are attracted to, as heterosexuals are. So why open up a messy can of worms when people are already dealing wityh life-and-death situations?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Please don't put ugly words in my mouth, hold me accountable for what I actually say, OK?

Homosexuals are not more likely to rape or assault, I never said any such thing. I do think they are just as likely to be distracted by sexuality towards those they are attracted to, as heterosexuals are. So why open up a messy can of worms when people are already dealing wityh life-and-death situations?
it's that mental disorder thing...