Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #1
wdmso

Rudy

Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani receiving same Covid drugs as president

I am I missing something here Are Americans across the nation getting these Treatment’s?

Or just Trumps innermost circle?

Then it gets sold to the public that look Rudy was X old he survived Covid. So don’t believe the Covid death they are fake ,,

Yet how many Americans can just check themselves into the hospital and take a bed from another citizen who in the hallway in the ER

This isn’t that Rudy should not be treated my issue is he’s getting treated differently

And bring to light if you have fame and money you get to the Front of the line , and suggest those who wish to see National healthcare choice Go to scare tactics abut lines and the rationing of Healthcare..

When in fact it happens everyday in America Seniors splitting pills family’s who can’t afford their co payment so the suck it up ..

Then who’s paying for all these hospitalization nation wide because many don’t have health insurance many have bare bone coverage and everything in between ,

With currently 100k people hospitalized daily how many people in 3 or 4 months the numbers are crazy

The next crisis is when the bills come due rent mortgage car payments it’s a big list for these people between medical what about lost wages if you were admitted 4 6 8 weeks
Old 12-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
Ian
Idiot

Rich people have access to stuff the rest of us don’t...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

I am I missing something here Are Americans across the nation getting these Treatment’s?
I'm pretty sure Rudy and Trump are getting super secret drug treatments that are not available anywhere else on this earth....
Old 12-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
PaulS

I have no problem that the Pres. of the US gets the best available treatment.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:50 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

No everybody cannot get the same treatment.

Giuliani said he had exactly the same treatment as the president.

“Exactly the same. His doctor sent me here, talked me into it. I didn’t really want to go to the hospital and he said don’t be stupid, we can get it over in three days if we send you to the hospital.”

Trump received an experimental antibody cocktail made by Regeneron. The federal Food and Drug Administration has not approved the Regeneron therapy yet for most COVID-19 patients, but clinical trials are underway in Colorado and elsewhere.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm pretty sure Rudy and Trump are getting super secret drug treatments that are not available anywhere else on this earth....
Who said anything about secret. You Must be your still stuck in conspiracy mode

So you think the Avg America’s are getting monoclonal antibody therapy
Or they can just say I tested positive for Covid get me a room ..?
Or is Rudy entitled to special Treatments, the POTUS I understand his lawyer Trumps super spreader mini me not so much
Old 12-09-2020, 11:06 AM   #7
scottw

such bitterness....
Old 12-09-2020, 11:13 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Trump received an experimental antibody cocktail made by Regeneron. The federal Food and Drug Administration has not approved the Regeneron therapy yet for most COVID-19 patients, but clinical trials are underway in Colorado and elsewhere.
NPR Nov 22

One of the experimental drugs that President Trump received while he was battling the coronavirus has been approved for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration. The drug, made by the biotech company Regeneron, is the second antibody treatment to win emergency use approval from the FDA.

The treatment combines two antibodies — casirivimab and imdevimab — and administers them together by IV. In a clinical trial of about 800 people, the combination was shown to significantly reduce virus levels within days of treatment.

In its authorization on Saturday, the FDA made clear that the drug is only for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 in people 12 years and older who are at high risk of developing more severe symptoms. It's not for patients who are hospitalized because of COVID-19 or who require oxygen therapy because of the virus.

"The emergency authorization of these monoclonal antibodies administered together offers health care providers another tool in combating the pandemic," said Dr. Patrizia Cavazzoni, acting director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. "We will continue to facilitate the development, evaluation and availability of COVID-19 therapies."

Both Regeneron's drug and another approved treatment, made by Eli Lilly, are synthetic versions of human antibodies that mimic the immune system's ability to fight off harmful pathogens. They bind to the coronavirus and prevent it from invading cells.

The White House celebrated the "promising results" and noted that the administration has spent close to half a billion dollars to support large-scale manufacturing of Regeneron's antibody treatment for delivery to U.S. hospitals.

"Due to advancements in quality care, information for medical personnel to better treat patients, and life-saving vaccines rapidly advancing toward approval faster than ever before, the United States has never been more prepared to confront the coronavirus and save millions of lives as we are now," White House spokesman Michael Bars said in a statement.

Regeneron's drug, called REGEN-COV2, "is designed to mimic what a well-functioning immune system does by using very potent antibodies to neutralize the virus," Regeneron's chief scientific officer, Dr. George Yancopoulos, said in a statement. "We are encouraged that no variants resistant to the cocktail were identified in the clinical trial analyses to date."

Both Eli Lilly and Regeneron applied for FDA authorization in October. Eli Lilly's product got the green light first, and its first batch has been distributed to hospitals around the United States. Regeneron's product will now be available to boost the supply, and the company estimates that 300,000 doses will be given to patients at no cost, though together there still won't be nearly enough to serve all the people who could qualify for them.

Neither drug has yet gotten full FDA approval, which entails much more rigorous reviews that take longer to complete. Emergency use authorizations are granted during public health emergencies when a treatment could be effective.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:27 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

From your article
“will be given to patients at no cost, though together there still won't be nearly enough to serve all the people who could qualify for them.”

There were 100K in the hospital yesterday, 220K diagnosed.........,

And it’s climbing
Old 12-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
From your article
“will be given to patients at no cost, though together there still won't be nearly enough to serve all the people who could qualify for them.”

There were 100K in the hospital yesterday, 220K diagnosed.........,

And it’s climbing
yeah well, my next door neighbor is getting the vaccine next week supposedly and I can't get it till May or something....waaaaa!!!!
Old 12-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
yeah well, my next door neighbor is getting the vaccine next week supposedly and I can't get it till May or something....waaaaa!!!!
Such bitterness

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-09-2020, 11:52 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Such bitterness
that was sarcasm dummy...I'd rather be at the end of the line on this one......
Old 12-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #13
wdmso

Giuliani, a potential one-man superspreader whose recent visit forced the entire Arizona legislature to close up shop, is being treated at Georgetown University Medical Center. For the rich and powerful, there’s always room at the inn. Or hospital. And while we all hope for his speedy recovery, this is the latest sign that a pattern of privilege has emerged. It goes like this: Having tempted fate by refusing to social distance or wear masks, Trump and his team contract the virus. Next, they receive world-class medical treatment. Last, they quickly recover.

It's not a victimless advantage. Their miraculous recovery reinforces the resentment of every hoohaw who won't wear a mask and throws a fit at a bar in Staten Island because last call comes early at 10 p.m. The problem with these quick recoveries is that they demonstrate (to people who are the most susceptible to this message) that COVID-19 isn’t really a big deal.

Newsmax Doctor Calls Rudy a One-Man ‘Superspreader’
‘INADVERTENTLY’

I guess it’s not just me who sees the Hypocrisy the rights more outraged over a dem suggesting people stay home and then don’t ,, But have no issues with superspreaders who suggest nothing and do even less to help stop the spread of the Virus?
Old 12-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Giuliani, a potential one-man superspreader whose recent visit forced the entire Arizona legislature to close up shop, is being treated at Georgetown University Medical Center. For the rich and powerful, there’s always room at the inn. Or hospital. And while we all hope for his speedy recovery, this is the latest sign that a pattern of privilege has emerged. It goes like this: Having tempted fate by refusing to social distance or wear masks, Trump and his team contract the virus. Next, they receive world-class medical treatment. Last, they quickly recover.

It's not a victimless advantage. Their miraculous recovery reinforces the resentment of every hoohaw who won't wear a mask and throws a fit at a bar in Staten Island because last call comes early at 10 p.m. The problem with these quick recoveries is that they demonstrate (to people who are the most susceptible to this message) that COVID-19 isn’t really a big deal.

Newsmax Doctor Calls Rudy a One-Man ‘Superspreader’
‘INADVERTENTLY’

I guess it’s not just me who sees the Hypocrisy the rights more outraged over a dem suggesting people stay home and then don’t ,, But have no issues with superspreaders who suggest nothing and do even less to help stop the spread of the Virus?
^^^this is such mindless whining...

RI has had a mask mandate since May, there are more people wearing masks now than at anytime since then in my opinion yet according to recent numbers we lead the world in infections per 100,000...probably all of those non-mask wearing trumpsters in this bluest of blue states accounting for all the spread
Old 12-09-2020, 12:54 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:

RI has had a mask mandate since May, there are more people wearing masks now than at anytime since then in my opinion yet according to recent numbers we lead the world in infections per 100,000...probably all of those non-mask wearing trumpsters in this bluest of blue states accounting for all the spread
It’s called leading by example if catching Covid is that measurement for Trump supporters,, then that’s leading by example

Ps Rhode Island is among the most densely populated states in the country, which It is one of the driving factors when it comes to community spread.

masks alone don’t help ...but that has never been the suggestion ,

Not sure why you think it’s just about Masks
Old 12-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Well 38% of voters in RI went for Trump and the infection rate in the past two weeks is up 33%, so extending your logic using VT as a comparison where only 30% voted for trump and the infection rate is up 27%.

Doesn’t look like you can blame it on the Dems to me

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:

Not sure why you think it’s just about Masks

I don't
Old 12-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:

Doesn’t look like you can blame it on the Dems to me

the big outbreaks in RI are not in the trump districts
Old 12-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the big outbreaks in RI are not in the trump districts
Only takes a few Rudy’s to put together a super spreader event or are the Trumplicans confined to a ghetto?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-09-2020, 01:33 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Anyways, Parler users are now saying Trump's entire legal team is faking COVID because they no longer want to fight for Trump & that Trump's own Supreme Court justices have been bribed by Fidel Castro to join the CCP (I'm unfortunately not joking)
Old 12-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Anyways, Parler users are now saying Trump's entire legal team is faking COVID because they no longer want to fight for Trump & that Trump's own Supreme Court justices have been bribed by Fidel Castro to join the CCP (I'm unfortunately not joking)
oh good, so they aren't getting treatments ordinary people can't get because they aren't really sick....wasn't trump faking too?
Old 12-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:

Or just Trumps innermost circle?

Then it gets sold to the public that look Rudy was X old he survived Covid. So don’t believe the Covid death they are fake ,,

Yet how many Americans can just check themselves into the hospital and take a bed from another citizen who in the hallway in the ER

This isn’t that Rudy should not be treated my issue is he’s getting treated differently

And bring to light if you have fame and money you get to the Front of the line , and suggest those who wish to see National healthcare choice Go to scare tactics abut lines and the rationing of Healthcare..

When in fact it happens everyday in America Seniors splitting pills family’s who can’t afford their co payment so the suck it up ..

Then who’s paying for all these hospitalization nation wide because many don’t have health insurance many have bare bone coverage and everything in between ,

With currently 100k people hospitalized daily how many people in 3 or 4 months the numbers are crazy

The next crisis is when the bills come due rent mortgage car payments it’s a big list for these people between medical what about lost wages if you were admitted 4 6 8 weeks
So until you learned of this story, you had no idea that wealthy and powerful people enjoy benefits not available to the rest of us. That's what you're saying? You think Nancy Pelosi goes to the free clinic when she gets sick?

Christ almighty, is there ANY limit to your foaming at the mouth partisanship?
Old 12-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So until you learned of this story, you had no idea that wealthy and powerful people enjoy benefits not available to the rest of us. That's what you're saying? You think Nancy Pelosi goes to the free clinic when she gets sick?

it's tough to keep up with the stupidity, I paid my fine...I might just go fishing again..

hey, keep in mind, these guys believe that a guy with dementia and clearly the worst presidential candidate in our history who zero enthusiasm and who chose the most unpopular vice presidential running mate in our history and barely campaigned actually got around 80 million votes ....
Old 12-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
oh good, so they aren't getting treatments ordinary people can't get because they aren't really sick....wasn't trump faking too?
You do know who the Parler users are?
I assumed with your election confusion that you were surfing over there, you’d be at home in the zone where Fidel and Chavez are still alive, the CCP delivered fake ballots to a port in Maine and there’s a super chip in the vaccine to track you, along with estrogen to make you more docile, thus making it the transsexual shot to further the LBGTQ agenda.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Rudy and Trump are getting super secret drug treatments that are not available anywhere else on this earth, provided you have the money or connections in high places ...
Fixed it
Old 12-09-2020, 04:29 PM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

so are you admitting income inequality exist?

Jim if your weren't such a republican cheerleader .. you might understand that many Americans would have loved to have their family member lives saved by these Treatments , but seems your ok with wealthy and powerful people enjoy benefits not available to the rest of us. Classic its all good till you or yours is fighting to stay alive from Covid and when you ask about Regeneron and they ask for your credit score . plz dont post about it here
Old 12-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
it's tough to keep up with the stupidity, I paid my fine...I might just go fishing again..

hey, keep in mind, these guys believe that a guy with dementia and clearly the worst presidential candidate in our history who zero enthusiasm and who chose the most unpopular vice presidential running mate in our history and barely campaigned actually got around 80 million votes ....
another one who thinks the election was stolen and anyone who thinks otherwise need to prove it didn't happen
Old 12-09-2020, 05:30 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:

so are you admitting income inequality exist?
well, some people work hard and are smart and some people don't and aren't so...YES...is this a tough concept for you?
Old 12-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:

You do know who the Parler users are?

umm.....no, but I'm sure you will keep everyone well informed on what is happening there and wayne will continue to fill everyone in on what is going on at breitbart, fox etc...

Last edited by scottw; 12-10-2020 at 01:36 PM..
Old 12-09-2020, 05:37 PM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Fixed it
I'm sure all the wealthy democrats that get covid will go get in the soup line and wait for their bowl of porridge...