Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2019, 12:47 AM   #11
ReelinRod

The timing of the Durham administrative investigation moving to a criminal one has been questioned given the progress of the impeachment proceedings.

I've been reading what I think is the reason . . .

A newer FISA court ruling has come out, just declassified on October 8th. It's not unlike the one I referenced earlier in the thread but this one examines even greater DOJ/FBI abuse of the NSA databases in a more recent time period -- after the election.

Hmmmmmm.

This ruling by the FISA court shows that officials within DOJ and FBI are/were on a continuum. The illicit McCabe, Comey, Priestap, Strzok, Page, Baker “small group” activity in 2016 I posted about earlier, didn’t stop after the election but rather continued and expanded with the Mueller / Weissmann investigation (tens of thousands more illegal, 4th Amendment violating searches).

There isn't much in the MSM about this (of course). The Wall Street Journal had an article, (paywall though), it is mirror published (free) on the Hill's website.

So my take is that Barr and Durham were already investigating the 2016 abuses and unmasking and White House PDB involvement but with the declassification and public release of this ruling, they wanted to get subpoenas issued for investigative documents and for many personnel associated with the Special Counsel / Mueller investigation.

Explains why the impeachment timetable got goosed. Things are going to get really nasty.

Link to the ruling below . . . NOTE this is on the DNI's website . . . proceed at your own risk -- hope you don't mind being on a list .

FISC’s October 2018 Opinion

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.