Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Obamacare cancelled by White House until 2015

Great political move to soften the disaster until after the 2014 election.
This is a run away train that needs to be stopped by Congressional defunding.
A recent Fox poll shows 66% polled were against the plan up from 52% a year ago.
Even the sheeple are starting to take off their blindfolds.

" Choose Life "
Old 07-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Raven

dodging the bullet is the way many things are fixed easily avoiding the issue
by pulling the ole procrastination .....swept under the rug trick.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
FishermanTim

Who will be blamed for this proverbial fustercluck?
How far back into presidential history will they go to pass the buck when this hits the fan?

Usually when any plan starts getting delayed, it's a sign that the plan won't work, won't save ANY money, cost people their jobs and cost 10 times the original estimate......kind of like the BIG DIG.

Yet here we are still being sold on this miracle plan from our revered political savior and his worthless flunkies...... sort of like the BIG DIG!

Hopefully the "sheeple" will wipe the obamagunk out of their eyes and see the man for what he truly is......inexperienced, unreliable and untrustworthy.

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
Raven

Thumbs up if you don't i'll say F__K

subject: politics as usual....

but this is hilarious
Christie threatened to use the f-bomb in GOP convention speech – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Old 07-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
Jim in CT

When the liberals in charge are the ones who decided to postpone the implementation until after the election, isn't that the same thing as admitting that even they realize that implementation hurts their chances of retaining the Senate, and isn't that the same thing as their knowing that it's a crappy idea?

This was Obama's baby, and even he sees that implementing it, will mean fewer votes? Doesn't that mean it was a lousy idea? And liberals here want to chime in?
Old 07-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
spence

It's not cancelled, they just delayed one part of a provision. From what I've read it's not that big of a deal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's not cancelled, they just delayed one part of a provision. From what I've read it's not that big of a deal.
Let's try to be a little bit honest here.

The part being delayed, is the part that requires small and medium businesses to provide Obamacare to employees, or face fines. That piece of the bill impacts a huge number of Americans who own or work at small businesses.

Spence, if the administration concedes that implementing that part of the bill before a key election (Democrats defending 21 Senate seats, GOP only 14) is not in their best interests, isn't that tantamount to the administration conceding that it's a terrible idea?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The part being delayed, is the part that requires small and medium businesses to provide Obamacare to employees, or face fines. That piece of the bill impacts a huge number of Americans who own or work at small businesses.
That's not true. The year delay is for the entire mandate which exempts most small business. Also 96% of these employees are already covered by their employers.

Hence, not a huge deal.

Quote:
Spence, if the administration concedes that implementing that part of the bill before a key election (Democrats defending 21 Senate seats, GOP only 14) is not in their best interests, isn't that tantamount to the administration conceding that it's a terrible idea?
No, it means the treasury department isn't ready to enforce it.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
Fly Rod

10 to 12 states have basically bowed out of Obama's healthcare due to the expansion of medicaid of which will leave the poor without insurance. If you take the government poverty level $11,400 single and $23,500 for family of four can only get coverage through obamacare medicaid expansion. Read the other day where 2 out of 3 poor people will not have insurance. Also the claim is that about 62 percent of young people will not get on board. there are other states that may bow out too leaving obama care in shambles.

What happened to Obamas promise that we would have coverage just like him???? I'm sure most of us remember that, sure one person will twist it and I wonder who that is.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's not true. The year delay is for the entire mandate which exempts most small business. Also 96% of these employees are already covered by their employers.

Hence, not a huge deal.

"Also 96% of these employees are already covered by their employers"

Is it that high? if so, how do we have so many uninsured? Got data to support that?

" it means the treasury department isn't ready to enforce it"

They've had what, 3 or 4 years to get ready? So it's just a coincidence that the Obama administration took off the table, the issue that single-handedly led to an ass-whooping in the 2010 midterms, in advance of the 2014 midterms. Just a coincidence, nothing to see there?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Did it ever make any sense to change our whole Healthcare System to accommodate 10% of the population that didn't have insurance?
Of course not. There could have been a separate program for those folks similar to Medicare where a system is already tried and true.
Obamacare was done for one reason only, to expand the size and dependence on Big G. How could it ever be cheaper when they needed to add 16,000 IRS jobs to oversee it let alone all the other people programs, tracking programs and other expenses.
Companies that will now come into your business to work up a plan for your employee's to comply with Obamacare are already advertising on TV. $$$$
Small business's have no clue what to do except downsize to less then 50 employees or hire part time people.
Already Docs are not doing lab work from their offices as it's extra time and therefore you have to make another appt. and wait again to go to an outside lab for your blood work.The waiting times are already backing up both in offices and labs.

" Choose Life "
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Also 96% of these employees are already covered by their employers"

Is it that high? if so, how do we have so many uninsured? Got data to support that?
The majority of the employed in this country work for companies that have fewer than 50ees.

The centerpiece of the program is the individual mandate, not this piece.

I'm sure the midterm elections played a small part in the decision.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
fishbones

Quote:

Hence, not a huge deal.

Spence, many of the employees already covered by their employers are going to end up on the Obamacare plan because they don't make enough money to continue with their employer sponsored plan.

You throw numbers out there that look nice for your argument, but you haven't done any research to know what the real ramifications of the plan are for both the employers and the employees.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 07-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The majority of the employed in this country work for companies that have fewer than 50ees.

The centerpiece of the program is the individual mandate, not this piece.

I'm sure the midterm elections played a small part in the decision.
Fair enough...
Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That's not true, the slight majority work for companies with fewer than 500 employees.

-spence
Old 07-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #16
scottw

this is great.....

‘The fiasco for the ages’.....at the very least

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...co-ages/print/

remember also that those not working(leaving the workforce) or working part time is increasing and overall, those dependent on some sort of government assistance is increasing...those with good paying full time jobs to create the revenue to support these programs is decreasing...

"Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time. Friday's report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.

The market's positive reaction to Friday's report is another sign of how far our economic expectations have fallen. If today the same proportion of Americans worked as just a decade ago, there would be almost 9 million more people working. Just in the last year, almost 2 million Americans have left the labor force. With a majority of the population not holding a full-time job, it isn't surprising that economic growth has been so weak.

In June, the number of Americans who wanted to work full-time, but were forced into part-time jobs because of the economy, jumped 352,000 to over 8 million."

I'll say it for him...."that's not true!!!"

Last edited by scottw; 07-07-2013 at 05:25 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Spence, many of the employees already covered by their employers are going to end up on the Obamacare plan because they don't make enough money to continue with their employer sponsored plan.

You throw numbers out there that look nice for your argument, but you haven't done any research to know what the real ramifications of the plan are for both the employers and the employees.
I located the problem...

Quote:

From what I've read it's not that big of a deal.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #18
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Quote:
From what I've read it's not that big of a deal.
Spence, you been reading the comics again?

" Choose Life "
Old 07-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #19
spence

Quote:

What does this have to do with a 1 year extension on the employee mandate?

-spence
Old 07-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

That's not true

-spence
we can now accurately say this regarding just about everything Obama, his administration and the dems told us about Obamacare before they rammed it through
Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
Nebe

Quote:

-spence
Re-elections
Old 07-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #22
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Re-elections
Context.

-spence
Old 07-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:

.................................................. .....................

-spence

they need to delay it to get past the election because the cluster bleep that is obamacare is not yet prepared to handle the mess(and will never be) that will result if the mandate goes into effect when it was required to and then leading up to the mid-terms...could be a slaughter....

"that's not true"

Last edited by scottw; 07-07-2013 at 12:12 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #24
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Re-elections
, plus the fact it's so complicated it can't be implemented.
I would bet there are few, if any even now, that read and understand it in it's
entirety.
I doubt even an Obamacare for Dummies Book could simplify it.

" Choose Life "
Old 07-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Quote:

.................................................. .....................

-spence

they need to delay it to get past the election because the cluster bleep that is obamacare is not yet prepared to handle the mess(and will never be) that will result if the mandate goes into effect when it was required to ..... which happens to be right around election time....

"that's not true"
If they're already on an employer plan, why would the delay in the employer mandate force them onto a govt plan? This doesn't make a lot of sense.

And I like how you mix and match responses.

-spence
Old 07-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
If they're already on an employer plan, why would the delay in the employer mandate force them onto a govt plan? .

-spence
no one has said this...try to pay attention

And I like how you mix and match nonsense when you have nowhere left to go.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #27
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no one has said this...try to pay attention
In context of this thread, that's exactly what Bones said...hence my asking for clarification.

-spece
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:
In context of this thread, that's exactly what Bones said...hence my asking for clarification.

-spece
that's not what he said...

A) it does not exempt "most" small businesses....maybe half if you define small business as less that 500 employees...the exemption being for 50 employees or fewer..

The Obama administration announced Tuesday that it’s delaying until 2015 a key component of the health reform law — the requirement for employers with 50 workers or more to offer them insurance or face a penalty.

B) the mandate "delay" isn't what will force employees onto Obamacare....the already implemented parts that are driving up healthcare/insurance premium costs together with implementation of the mandate and it's requirements will drive employees into Obamacare which was always intended, only a moron would argue otherwise

small businesses with fewer than 50 employees or who have reduced employee hours to avoid the mandate will eventually dump the employees into Obamacare as the costs escalate and become unaffordable for either or both the employeer-employee.........

"Spence, many of the employees already covered by their employers are going to end up on the Obamacare plan because they don't make enough money to continue with their employer sponsored plan."

that's what he said in context

the delay is necessary because they have no idea/capacity to deal with all of the new Obamacare candidates

the "context" of this thread is that the "delay" is not only politically driven but an admission that Obamacare is a freakin' disaster, as many of us predicted

Last edited by scottw; 07-07-2013 at 01:31 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #29
spence

Finally you're back to your old self of just stringing together random points

-spence
Old 07-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Finally you're back to your old self of just stringing together random points

-spence
yup...you've got nothing