Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 04-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
redlite

Careful testin boat vhf radio in driveway

So last nite About 8 i kiss wife and kids good bye and come out of house to go to hockey to find a coast guard helicopter circlin house and i think gee this is odd then suddenly police cars pull in driveway and now im thinkin gee what did i do. I guess wife must really hate me.
Turns out apparently coasties got a may day, may day help call on channel 16 and gps coordinates came back to the vicinty of the house out front of us so they had to respond and investigate. No clue what outcome really was. Strange
So moral to story is if u test your cb in your driveway dont play around cause they comin for u.
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:32 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Eel Antenna Revenge?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:41 AM   #3
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
So last nite About 8 i kiss wife and kids good bye and come out of house to go to hockey to find a coast guard helicopter circlin house and i think gee this is odd then suddenly police cars pull in driveway and now im thinkin gee what did i do. I guess wife must really hate me.
Turns out apparently coasties got a may day, may day help call on channel 16 and gps coordinates came back to the vicinty of the house out front of us so they had to respond and investigate. No clue what outcome really was. Strange
So moral to story is if u test your cb in your driveway dont play around cause they comin for u.

I monitor channel 16 out in my workshop and heard the CG talking about a distress call coming from that area. They mentioned the coordinates it was originating from, by the numbers I thought it someone on the river.
Did you just key the mic without talking?
Glad to know they are listening
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #4
stripermaineiac

A few yrs back we were workin on my buddies Black Watch at the marina. we had just gotten the EPIRB back from being tested and serviced so we were replacing the botls to the mountin bracket. we went for coffee an a bagel. We got back and the police and a chopper were there. seems the wind had blown the fish bag into the EPIRB knocking it over. Something hit the switch in the process so she activated. It was nice to know that it really worked an that they really keep watch on this stuff. Makes a body feel safe when offshore knowin this.
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #5
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
I monitor channel 16 out in my workshop and heard the CG talking about a distress call coming from that area. They mentioned the coordinates it was originating from, by the numbers I thought it someone on the river.
Did you just key the mic without talking?
I am between the high school and rt 177. Im a heck of a good distance from water
Wasnt me. I dont own a cb radio and sure as heck dont own a boat so mystery as to where call came from
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote