Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #121
WESTPORTMAFIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Dead men walking....

Those pics and video are now distributed worldwide
Hopefully they are still in Boston and the mob finds them before local authority. At least it will be a long slow tortured death that won't involve our tax money.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #122
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Major crap going down in Watertown.
One in custody?

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #123
JackK
Not Jack

Sounds like its a warzone out there... Holy #^&#^&#^&#^&
JackK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:39 AM   #124
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Bet second suspect doesn't get out alive either.... and I am headed to the airport.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #125
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I think we need a little "Game of Thrones" message sent....put their heads on Pikes leading into the city. One on the Tobin Bridge and one on the Zakim-Bunker Hill Bridge.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #126
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Major crap going down in Watertown.
One in custody?
One dead one on the loose

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #127
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY View Post
Well, now we have the pictures... I'm less inclined to believe it was homegrown wackos than I was before...
The Associated Press has identified them as being from Chechnya.....

"The suspects were identified to The Associated Press as coming from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency stemming from separatist wars. A law enforcement intelligence bulletin obtained by the AP identified the surviving bomb suspect as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old who had been living in Cambridge, just outside Boston, and said he "may be armed and dangerous.

Two law enforcement officials told the AP that Tsarnaev and the other suspect, who was not immediately identified, had been living legally in the U.S. for at least one year."

Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #128
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The Associated Press has identified them as being from Chechnya.....

"The suspects were identified to The Associated Press as coming from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency stemming from separatist wars. A law enforcement intelligence bulletin obtained by the AP identified the surviving bomb suspect as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old who had been living in Cambridge, just outside Boston, and said he "may be armed and dangerous.

Two law enforcement officials told the AP that Tsarnaev and the other suspect, who was not immediately identified, had been living legally in the U.S. for at least one year."
The City of Cambridge has announced the 2011 City Scholarship recipients for seniors at Cambridge Rindge and Latin School and others pursuing higher education.

The city is awarding the $2,500 scholarships to 45 students using contributions from citizens and businesses. About 35 to 45 scholarships are awarded each year, according to the city.

This year’s recipients will be honored at a ceremony and reception May 16 at 4 p.m. in the Sullivan Chamber of Cambridge City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue.

The 2011 Recipients:
Sarah Adkins, Arjun Agarwala, Jason Tang, Neyka Alexandre, Paola Arias Sanabria, Ty Atkin, Ariane Berelowitch, Samuel Borrus, Samisa Brioso, Joan Brunetta, Gina Chen, Gwendolyn Child, Abina Cohen, Kayla Coleman, Katrina Cooper, Judy Cortes, Anne-Marie Denis, Sira Fati, Jillian Felie, Hannah Firestone, Carlos Galvao, Kidan Gebremedhin, Yordanos Gebremichl, Adam Gelaw, Lillianna Griggs, David Guan, Pouchy Guerrier, Michael Sferza-Lewis, Hichem Hadjeres, Regina Hallisey, Pasang Lhamo, Rebecca Loh, Rebecca Mazur, Amatullah Mervin, Kathleen Mullen, Suryani Dewa Ayu, Liam O’Leary, Rebecca Pearce-Probst, Megan Rebello, Rose Schutzberg, Hyun-Wook Seo, Alexandros Stefanakis, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Dorcas Yip, Fesehaye Zewdie.

Rindge Latin teaches terror?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #129
BMEUPSCOTTY

Police scanner apps on smartphones.... Awesome... Tunein radio...
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #130
likwid
lobster = striper bait

They've been here 10+ years. This is just weird.
Older one was a boxer looking to get on the US Olympic team, the younger as above seemed to be a smart kid.

Weird crap!

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #131
Slipknot
Super Moderator

just heard that after the firefight and carjacking, that one brother drove over the other brother

they will find this guy

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #132
PaulS

The older one went to Bunker Hill Community College. Does Robin Williams still teach there?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #133
BMEUPSCOTTY

I know, I just forgot, never use them. I just heard them warn all officers that the guy might be wearing a suicide vest. Hope they get him without anyone getting hurt but the scumbag...

Edit: man, busy thread... Was responding to Likwid
Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #134
BMEUPSCOTTY

Chasing guy with hoodie not far from CNN cameras... Willow park
Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #135
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Airport security is doubled(but I am back home). Looks like they have every New England asset placed in Watertown. Lots of bad info being published without verification with regards to who these two really were....
Old 04-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #136
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

The Media would NEVER do that....

Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #137
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Future instances like this...Twitter, Facebook and any other Social media sites should be shut down as Standard procedure....

Nitwits are posting on twitter everything they are hearing on the police scanners and pictures of where SWAT/Police are setting up in neighborhoods....WTF

Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #138
Fly Rod

Need to give FBI a lot of credit for breaking this case so quickly....they did a great job
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #139
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

If reports of blood are true, he could be bleeding out or have already bled out. His adrenalin rush could still be in force if alive, but it also has increased his blood pressure for many hours now. He is 19 years old, and that age group is not known for their patience. His ability to maintain that fight or flight function is waning with each tick of the clock. But I could see them making a move within the next two hours.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #140
fishbones

Supposedly the police had a body laying on the sidewalk in Watertown. Might be the a-hole they were looking for.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #141
Raven

kinda funny .... amidst all this violent disgusting acts of terrorism
i was just watching some replays of the watertown video's on CNN
from last night... and a shoot out's going on in the film
and the guy says: they're using real foking guns! ......which wasn't edited out
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #142
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Mass Ave. Cambridge at noon on a Friday.....

Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #143
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I hope this guy feels and realizes the whole world literally is coming down on him. I've never seen such a huge amount of manpower and large manhunt in my life, pretty surreal. As the Pres. said, they'll leave no stone unturned go to the ends of the earth. he will be caught, and I hope it's soon

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #144
FishermanTim

The problem with a person like this is that with the feeling of the world closing in on him, he may decide to do something rash and really destructive as a "final blow" before he dies.

Secondly, if the report of his dead brother possibly training as a boxer to try and become an olympian, imagine if he had succeeded and did something like this at the Olympics?

I hope they do find the living brother and keep him alive long enough to get whatever info they can BEFORE he is executed (through legal process).

If he does survive, and he is sentenced to anything other than death, then we truly have given up (but we don't realize it).

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #145
buckman

Keep in mind that the Fort Hood terrorist (09) still gets a check from the Feds and is awaiting trial .
Shoot the punk dead on the street !
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #146
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
If reports of blood are true, he could be bleeding out or have already bled out. His adrenalin rush could still be in force if alive, but it also has increased his blood pressure for many hours now. He is 19 years old, and that age group is not known for their patience. His ability to maintain that fight or flight function is waning with each tick of the clock. But I could see them making a move within the next two hours.
He's made it this far without being caught. Either very very lucky or very very smart.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #147
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
He's made it this far without being caught. Either very very lucky or very very smart.
brains can only take you so far.... and sooner or latter... luck runs out.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #148
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Oh.....they'll get him....he currently has the most famous face in the country.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #149
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Moedee View Post
I don't want to play the blame game or the "what if" game, but if these terrorists had access, or had friends working with them, surely they would have been able to figure out well before the FBI news conference that they were on a short list of suspects. They would have had time to formulate some exit-strategy for when they would be approached by the authroites.

All the instant media sites, all the interactive social media sites and all the news media clammering to be the first to "break the case" should shoulder some of the responsibility for broadcasting information that may possibly cost more people's lives.

Sure, we all want to know the facts, wea ll want to know NOW, before anyone else, but at what opossible cost?

Now we have news stations and papers tripping all over themselves, reporting bogus information, asking the same questions over and over and over again all in the hopes of getting "the scoop".

I found myself turning off the tv, the radio, and tossing the newspaper.

That's just how I feel with the amount of scavenging going on with the news media. I only wish they were as "dedicated" and "committed" to reporting good news, but we all know that won't bring in the ratings as a good disaster will.

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #150
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Future instances like this...Twitter, Facebook and any other Social media sites should be shut down as Standard procedure....

Nitwits are posting on twitter everything they are hearing on the police scanners and pictures of where SWAT/Police are setting up in neighborhoods....WTF
Good idea, and apparently the authorities feel the same... All the scanner links for the app I have were made unavailable not long after my last post... I heard they nipped it at the source and "shut down" (?) the scanners... Don't really know what that means. I can see how they would have the ability to make the streaming web links unavailable, but don't see how they could block old school, home-based, plug-in radio scanners... Did they switch to a special frequency, and if so, why not use it all the time, as it would seem to only benefit the criminals and the overly curious? (I'll admit falling under the later in unprecedented cases like this... I do not "tweet" as it were, and won't be to hard on myself unless I hear this guy is on SB... :-S)

Even down here near RI there were cops everywhere when I took a ride to Swansea about an hour ago... Not going near Dartmouth today, that's for sure...