Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 02-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

Send a message via AIM to mrmacey
Scammed on CL

By a guy in Fall River I give a free awsome German Shepherd to a guy in Fall River he seems nice I give him the dog and I ask him for all his information where he lives etc! I was going to come down and see the dog and his home everything he gave me was false info I dont know if hes pit bull bait or what now Im sick to my stomach I go searching for info he has done this to others they get back to me he lives in Fall River not Assonet like he said someone gave me his phone number e mail so I call him ask him where the dog is wont tell me Fall River Police are there defending this dirt bag saying you gave it to him free he can do what he wants with it I was under the asumption I gave the dog to a good person Good people do not lie and now the dog is gone and I am sick I cannot belive I was scammed like this Raynham Police are involved I have to go to Court tommorro and file a complaint this just sucks!!!
mrmacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
Jenn

Sorry. at a loss for words Mr.Macey....good luck

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Thats terrible, I'd be sick to my stomach too over this.

Give his info to PETA....let them do someting useful for a change

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Try to see if he has licensed the dog in his town yet, maybe some sort of angle there? Dog officer?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #5
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I am wondering if he isn't really a bad person just someone who wanted a sheppard but doesn't want you to know who he really is or where he lives in case you decided you wanted the dog back. I hope it works out for you.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
teaser
Wave Jumper

Get yourself a cop that likes dogs and a couple of bucks$ and let him get you the info ... then beat the snot out of him! Mike you're a big guy so I don't think he'd be too willing to match you shot for shot. PM me the guys name and I'll see what I can do to help you out, I have alot of family in F.R. and I also know alot of seedy people who live there that'll do anything for a few bucks. Hell they'll probably take care of this guy just for kicks!

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
stripersnipr

Any news on this?
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

Nope

My home town Detectives are working on it.
Thanks for the inquiry
Old 02-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #9
chris L

now this may not be that bad as swimmer said , but so many people do suck
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #10
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

I went to his house

yesterday he had police waiting for me said the dog was shipped to NJ he wont tell me where or with whom 2 days and the dogs in NJ come on this guy lives in a project type community he lied about everything, he told me he lived in assonet where he had plenty of land for the dog everything about him was false its real bad!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #11
teaser
Wave Jumper

Send me his info .....

Old 02-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #12
striperman36
Old Guy

Unfortunately without a contract he may not be liable for anything.
At best this sounds like a small claims issue.

I don't think any rescue groups could help as the dog is personal property.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #13
spence

Ok, I'm no lawyer...

But if it could be reasonably proven that you would not have given the man the dog had you known his real identity, I could think it would still be potentially criminal fraud. I can't believe a contract would be needed for this.

If the dog was sold for personal gain then even more so.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #14
chris L

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser View Post
Send me his info .....
thats what Im thinking too
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #15
striperman36
Old Guy

Criminal Fraud. interesting angle.
Where's the lawyers on this board.
That could be a a felony!!!
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
goosefish

What the......some people, I've really really got to question. I hate when I read stuff like this. Where's the trust?
goosefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #17
Adamfishes

Send a message via AIM to Adamfishes
This post made me sick to my stomoch. My first dog was a shepard so awesome. Definitly take him to small claims court.
Adamfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #18
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
Criminal Fraud. interesting angle.
Where's the lawyers on this board.
That could be a a felony!!!
ugh...real tough to prove a criminal fraud case here. The dog was free correct? So you have suffered no financial harm. You were not deceived out of any money or out of any services rendered. All you have here is a creep who misrepresented some facts so you would give him a free dog.

You could try a civil action for fraud, but again you must be able to prove damages. There was no contract or consideration. How will you quantify damages for a pet you were looking to unload for free?

NOW I AM PLAYING DEVIL"S ADVOCATE HERE SO DON"T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY, but a judge or clerk will probably question you as to your actions. If the placement of the pet meant so much to you, wouldn't a little due diligence and investigation on your part have been in order? If you had found out he lived in the projects and not a sprawling estate in Assonet you may not be in your current predicament.

This guy sounds like a dirt bag who needs to be taught a lesson, but I am not quite sure what remedy you'd be entitled to in a court of law.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #19
spence

Perhaps civil fraud then? Again, I'm no expert (yea, not even close )

But even though there was no money changing hands, the dog could be determined to have some value, and the creep obviously lied about his intentions. I would think this could constitute a verbal contract.

-spence
Old 02-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #20
teaser
Wave Jumper

I hate to say it but this was over from the minute he got the dog and left.

The only action now is to beat his ass so he can't do it again to someone else, send me his name and I'll have some friends nose around and get some real background on him, not just what the cops know.

And if I find out things you don't like as in what really happened to your pet, I can put the word out on him with the under city crew.

These guys like dogs and hate scumbags like this Ahole and I'm sure they'd make him feel like a bait dog in a pitbull ring.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #21
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Perhaps civil fraud then? Again, I'm no expert (yea, not even close )

But even though there was no money changing hands, the dog could be determined to have some value, and the creep obviously lied about his intentions. I would think this could constitute a verbal contract.

-spence
Remember, the monetary value of the dog was never in question, although the dog may have been "worth" $600, Mr. Macey set the value at $0 when he actively sought to give the dog away for free.

"Free German Shepherd
Pure Bred, Black, nice dog raised with kids cost me $600.00 but hes free to you comes with his Big Crate where he sleeps at night 8 months old come get him please!!!! or hes going to the shelter too much on my plate to deal with right now he needs more attention than we can give him he deserves better."

I would guess one could try to put a value on pain and suffering.... but there is no evidence the dog has been harmed or anything of that nature.

Tough call.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 02-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #22
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

Definatly my Fault

Doing things in a rush not taking the precautions and the biggest mistake trusting a complete stranger, true I gave him away free under the assumption of what this guy told me was the truth if I knew the man lived in a project type setting and lied about everything he told me of course I would not have given him the dog. Probably nothing I can do except to cause this man pressure to tell me where that dog went and is he safe or did he sell him right after I gave it to him some of the e mails I got are disgusting, people do this for Pit Bull training they tape the dogs mouth shut and let pit bulls go after them, I searched this guys name and number on yahoo it comes up the www.mrsnakeman.com with a picture of a big boa did he feed it to a giant snake see what is going through my head I am sick to death over this because an a ss wont tell me what he did with the dog just tell me and put me in contact with whoever got him if hes safe fine end of story if he wont tell me then somethings wrong with this situation.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #23
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacey View Post
Doing things in a rush not taking the precautions and the biggest mistake trusting a complete stranger, true I gave him away free under the assumption of what this guy told me was the truth if I knew the man lived in a project type setting and lied about everything he told me of course I would not have given him the dog. Probably nothing I can do except to cause this man pressure to tell me where that dog went and is he safe or did he sell him right after I gave it to him some of the e mails I got are disgusting, people do this for Pit Bull training they tape the dogs mouth shut and let pit bulls go after them, I searched this guys name and number on yahoo it comes up the www.mrsnakeman.com with a picture of a big boa did he feed it to a giant snake see what is going through my head I am sick to death over this because an a ss wont tell me what he did with the dog just tell me and put me in contact with whoever got him if hes safe fine end of story if he wont tell me then somethings wrong with this situation.
Hang in there Mr. Macey. You intentions were admirable. You wanted to give the dog a better life. You just ran into a scumbag who needs to be taught a lesson.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #24
Slipknot
Super Moderator

WTF?
was this a member here?

I saw your add but was too late. My best friend would have taken him, was the dog 8 months old?

Sorry to here all this try not to be too hard on yourself Mike, you did mean well. Sometimes we all jump too quick on things, hard way to learn a lesson

Teaser, it might not be the best thing to post stuff like that on this website.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #25
spence

I'll second Bronko's judgement...at this point, you don't know if anything bad really happened aside from the creep misleading you.

-spence
Old 02-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #26
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Maybe I missed it but do you know this guy is in some "pitbull ring" as you say?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #27
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Maybe I missed it but do you know this guy is in some "pitbull ring" as you say?
I was wondering how you got that assumption also
I have never even heard of that kind of thing ever before, if there are people that actually do that, they should be tortured.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #28
teaser
Wave Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
WTF?
was this a member here?

I saw your add but was too late. My best friend would have taken him, was the dog 8 months old?

Sorry to here all this try not to be too hard on yourself Mike, you did mean well. Sometimes we all jump too quick on things, hard way to learn a lesson

Teaser, it might not be the best thing to post stuff like that on this website.

Just trying to help a friend out by trying to find out what happened to his dog, I didn't threaten anyone. I did say what should happen to someone like that and that I know people that can find out things easier than cops, we all know people like that ... admit it or not, where's the foul? No threat from me ... no harm , no foul.
If the guy just told mrmacey what happened to the dog and put his mind at ease then this thread would stop, hey maybe the guy is okay and just tried to make a few bucks, by him just letting mrmacey know would help him move on and be the right thing to do. I'm not saying I can locate his dog, just saying I can pass the word and hope all turns out well.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #29
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Whats the "CL" in the name of this tread "scammed on CL " ???

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #30
spence

I'd assume "Craig's List"...

-spence