Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #151
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He didn't say it . . . most of

But when you put it altogether in an effusion of self-righteous indignation and disdain, it almost sounds convincing . . . to some, for sure, it comes from some god-like mouth to yours as infallible truth . . . there are a lot of believers . . . and one can't argue with a true believer.

Oh wait . . . it's the Trumplicans who are the believers . . . right . . . right . . .
so ok lets say Tump didn't say it as you suggest.. But "the rest of your disdain for Trump is also based on lies, twisted interpretations (lies), circumstantial innuendoes (half truths)."

you clearly live in an alternative universe.. your the only one pushing lies twisted innuendoes .. as a trump true believer (yes thats you) , Trump's words and tweets must be honey for your ears ...

Trump says he wants 'very meaningful background checks' for guns

what do you hear?
Old 08-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #152
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
so ok lets say Tump didn't say it as you suggest.. But "the rest of your disdain for Trump is also based on lies, twisted interpretations (lies), circumstantial innuendoes (half truths)."

you clearly live in an alternative universe.. your the only one pushing lies twisted innuendoes .. as a trump true believer (yes thats you) , Trump's words and tweets must be honey for your ears ...

Trump says he wants 'very meaningful background checks' for guns

what do you hear?
I hear your nonsense.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #153
wdmso

Quote:
I hear your nonsense.

President Donald Trump retweeted a popular conspiracy theory about financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s death by suicide, elevating unsubstantiated claims that Epstein, who died in federal custody, was killed by Bill Clinton.

let me guess your take on this
Old 08-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #154
detbuch

Quote:
President Donald Trump retweeted a popular conspiracy theory about financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s death by suicide, elevating unsubstantiated claims that Epstein, who died in federal custody, was killed by Bill Clinton.

let me guess your take on this
It's not the kind of thing I care about. Haven't talked to the Don about it. Don't know if he was sarcastic, factually serious, had a few cups of sparkling liquor, pulling someone's chain, poking at the Clintons like a lot of folks do and like a lot of folks do to him . . . I just don't care. You can make a story or theory about it if it makes you feel good. I don't need to concern over it to be satisfied with life.

The authorities say it was suicide. Good enough for me since I don't know anything worth-wile or good enough to care about Epstein. For me, he's not worth talking or thinking about. If he decided to bow out on his own terms, I'm glad he saved the taxpayers some money.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #155
scottw

so many great memes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67850245_10214938567166306_4906086312668299264_n.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	66413  
Old 08-12-2019, 05:24 AM   #156
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
It's not the kind of thing I care about. Haven't talked to the Don about it. Don't know if he was sarcastic, factually serious, had a few cups of sparkling liquor, pulling someone's chain, poking at the Clintons like a lot of folks do and like a lot of folks do to him . . . I just don't care. You can make a story or theory about it if it makes you feel good. I don't need to concern over it to be satisfied with life.

The authorities say it was suicide. Good enough for me since I don't know anything worth-wile or good enough to care about Epstein. For me, he's not worth talking or thinking about. If he decided to bow out on his own terms, I'm glad he saved the taxpayers some money.
Doesn’t surprise me you don’t care that the president of the USA retweet’s a conspiracy theory suggesting a past president may have had something to do with Epstein’s death. I guess it doesn’t surprise me that either Trump might actually believe it, or that he could be that childish and disrespectful of the office, if it was an attempt at humor. Pretty sad it’s the new norm for the highest office and that his outrageous behavior doesn’t raise concern for the GOP moving towards a 2020 election.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-12-2019, 06:26 AM   #157
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so many great memes
it is amazing how gullible the right is.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #158
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
it is amazing how gullible the right is.
not gullible...just amused
Old 08-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #159
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Doesn’t surprise me you don’t care that the president of the USA retweet’s a conspiracy theory suggesting a past president may have had something to do with Epstein’s death. I guess it doesn’t surprise me that either Trump might actually believe it, or that he could be that childish and disrespectful of the office, if it was an attempt at humor. Pretty sad it’s the new norm for the highest office and that his outrageous behavior doesn’t raise concern for the GOP moving towards a 2020 election.
so trump is disrespecting the office and a former president by retweeting a funny meme that involved a former president who was once upon a time or two banging interns on the desk in the oval office in the whitehouse....I get it
Old 08-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #160
wdmso

Quote:
so trump is disrespecting the office and a former president by retweeting a funny meme that involved a former president who was once upon a time or two banging interns on the desk in the oval office in the whitehouse....I get it
Seems Trump had more of a reason to see him dead then Clinton. But this thought is absent in all the true believers and those true believers feel consensual sex is worse then grabbing them by the pussy.. conspiracy theories the rights true policy postion on everything ..

Last edited by wdmso; 08-12-2019 at 06:58 AM..
Old 08-12-2019, 06:58 AM   #161
PaulS

Quote:
You find it amusing the right constantly believes these crazy conspiracy theories?
Old 08-12-2019, 07:02 AM   #162
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
It is amazing how monotonous the left has become.

The meme game has been strong this weekend

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-12-2019, 07:03 AM   #163
scottw

Quote:
You find it amusing the right constantly believes these crazy conspiracy theories?
I don't believe in aliens and ghosts but I enjoy the stories
Old 08-12-2019, 07:04 AM   #164
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You do know that believing a meme isn’t required to find humor in them, right?

Old 08-12-2019, 07:04 AM   #165
scottw

Quote:

Seems Trump had more of a reason to see him dead then Clinton.

I think you may be on to something.....
Old 08-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #166
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Had the same thought.
. That would have been a universal response from most but since Trumps in office .. its explained away with never ending BS or best president ever
Old 08-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #167
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You do know that believing a meme isn’t required to find humor in them, right?
of course you can find humor in them but doesn't it say something about the right that they constantly believe those crazy conspiracy theories.

Uranium one, Benghazi, pizza gate, Clintons took $ from their foundation, etc, etc.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:15 AM   #168
Pete F.
Canceled

The Walmart massacre is the first large scale anti-Hispanic terrorist attack in the United States in living memory. It may not be the last or the worst.
The word "infestation" certainly suggests the solution of "extermination."
As for the claim that sensible people are supposed to take Trump seriously but not literally, it looks like Patrick Crusius didn’t get that memo.

If voters realize that Trump is not only a racist but also a racist who provokes terrorists, his presidency cannot be rescued.

So the denialists must deny.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #169
Sea Dangles

Get used to him.
2020 will yield the same result because sensible people don’t want open borders and they also don’t want to pay off others student loans.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #170
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Get used to him.
2020 will yield the same result because sensible people don’t want open borders and they also don’t want to pay off others student loans.
That’s 50% of the voting group for Cheeto.
The other half are racists.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #171
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Get used to him.
if warren gets the nod ... I agree ... but paying off student loans has as much of a chance as getting Mexico to pay for the wall or replacing Obama care with something cheaper and better .... and some people voted for that and are still waiting
Old 08-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #172
wdmso

Quote:
of course you can find humor in them but doesn't it say something about the right that they constantly believe those crazy conspiracy theories.

Uranium one, Benghazi, pizza gate, Clintons took $ from their foundation, etc, etc.
but Russia a hoax climate change is a hoax new town a hoax and it the medias fault .. there is a clear pattern
Old 08-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #173
Pete F.
Canceled

All hail Trump

Look at all the great things He has done in only three years. Imagine what He could do in 20 or 30! Amazing! And when we hear His voice, it's like an angel sighing. I have no choice, I hear His voice. Feels like flying. It's like a dream, no end and no beginning.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #174
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Banghazi was a "Crazy Conspiracy Theory" I prefer to think of it as a failure of leadership, unless you are trying to throw a tape into the mix, then Maybe.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 08-12-2019 at 10:51 AM..

Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #175
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Like I said, great meme game
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68736143_525671381308743_6151492095384223744_n.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	66414   Click image for larger version

Name:	67872997_1114321415438693_7051473247828705280_n.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	66415   Click image for larger version

Name:	67832571_691961621319104_6208623625801564160_n.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	66416  

Old 08-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #176
PaulS

Quote:
Banghazi was a "Crazy Conspiracy Theory" I prefer to think of it as a failure of leadership, unless you are trying to throw a tape into the mix, then Maybe.
House Benghazi Committee Republicans: No new evidence that Clinton, secretary of state at the time of the attack, is to blame for the facility’s vulnerability or the U.S. response to the attacks.

House Benghazi Committee Democrats: Clinton never personally denied U.S. diplomats’ requests for more security in Benghazi

"During the attack, a stand-down order was given, and our troops were told to change their clothes four times, and we needed, you know, permission from the Libyans to actually save Americans, and that's what they were discussing" in Washington, Hannity said on his program that evening.

For this fact-check, we'll look at the alleged stand-down order and whether troops were told to change their clothes four times while the attack was under way.

The short answers, based on the committee's report: The stand-down order was actually an order to wait while CIA officials tried to make sure its security team didn't get into a firefight with friendly militia. The order for troops to change clothes was unrelated and came hours after everyone had already been evacuated from Benghazi, not "during the attack."

We'll go through this chronologically. All times are Libyan. Washington was six hours behind.

The ‘stand-down’ order

The attack on the mission compound began at 9:42 p.m. on Sept. 11, 2012, when seven American staff members were inside, along with five diplomatic security agents. In addition, the United States was using local militia to help provide protection, so there were three armed members of the February 17 Martyrs Brigade, who lived on the compound and helped provide security, and five unarmed members of the Blue Mountain Guard Force.

According to the Benghazi committee report, a frantic call for help immediately went out to the CIA annex about a mile away. The annex security team, known as the GRS, started getting their gear together as annex officials made fruitless calls trying to contact the local groups, including the February 17 militia, they had been working with. Their goal: find out who was involved in the fight and whether they could get additional equipment.

With the sounds of gunfire in the distance and occasional tracer bullets flying overhead, the security team was eager to get going. Yet the officer in charge — the chief of base — was telling them to wait because the calls to the militias were not being answered. He and his deputy, who are unnamed, said they didn't want the team mistakenly getting into a firefight with friendly militia forces. Although sending the security squad and all the heavy weaponry from the annex to the mission would leave the annex defenseless, according to the report, the top officials at the annex gave them the green light, according to the testimony.

At 10:05 p.m., 23 minutes after the frantic call from the mission, the annex team was rolling.

Kris Paronto, a former Army ranger, is one of the men who rushed to the compound from the CIA annex to help bring people back. "Thirty minutes we were told to wait," he told Hannity June 28. "Twice the word 'wait' was used. Once the words 'stand down' was used. But to me that's semantics."

Not exactly. The dictionary definition of a stand-down order means your force is no longer on alert or operational. The chief of the annex was adamant that he never told the security team to actually stand down — only to wait. While members of the security team reported hearing the phrase "stand down," the narrative in the GOP report offers no evidence that, contrary to Hannity's claim, the team was told it wasn't going to be sent to help.

Last edited by PaulS; 08-12-2019 at 11:12 AM..
Old 08-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #177
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

So it was Hannity’s conspiracy theory, not the GOP’s
Old 08-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #178
PaulS

Quote:
So it was Hannity’s conspiracy theory, not the GOP’s
Why would it matter who started it if the righty's believed it? I don't think I mentioned GOP - exactly who is the GOP and which one's did the GOP start?

Was Trump a Rep or a Dem when he started the Birther lie and like over 40% of Repub. believed him with no evidence.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #179
PaulS

FactCheck Posts

Trump on Clinton’s ‘3 a.m. Call’

By Robert Farley

Posted on April 28, 2016

Donald Trump says that “instead of taking charge” during the Benghazi attacks, then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “decided to go home and sleep.” Clinton says she was continuously engaged in responding to the attack from the moment she learned of it in the afternoon and “did not sleep all night.”

Trump is certainly entitled to his opinion, but the evidence shows Clinton was fully engaged in the immediate response, and subsequent congressional investigations concluded the government response to the attack — including Clinton’s — was appropriate.

For other claims from Trump’s speech, see our separate story, “Trump’s Foreign Policy Speech.”

In a speech on foreign policy on April 27, Trump hearkened back to Clinton’s famous “3 a.m.” campaign ad in 2008 in which she claimed she was more “tested” and prepared than Barack Obama to handle a late-night call to the White House about a dire emergency.

Trump, April 27: After Secretary Clinton’s failed intervention in Libya, Islamic terrorists in Benghazi took down our consulate and killed our ambassador and three brave Americans. Then, instead of taking charge that night, Hillary Clinton decided to go home and sleep. Incredible.

Clinton blames it all on a video, an excuse that was a total lie, proven to be absolutely a total lie. Our ambassador was murdered and our secretary of state misled the nation. And, by the way, she was not awake to take that call at 3 o’clock in the morning.

Trump made a similar claim the previous day on “Fox & Friends.”

Trump, April 26: She’s a disaster. Remember the famous call at 3 o’clock in the morning? She was sleeping, OK? She was sleeping. You know, it was her ad. Who would you like at 3 o’clock in the morning? Well, the phone rang and she was sleeping.

Trump is echoing a frequent attack line against Clinton. In an April 12, 2015, appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Sen. Rand Paul said, “I think Benghazi was a 3 a.m. phone call that she never picked up.” And on Sept. 16, 2015, Sen. Lindsey Graham tweeted at Clinton, “Where the hell were you on the night of the Benghazi attack?”

There have been numerous congressional inquiries into the Benghazi attacks and the U.S. response to it, and Clinton herself has testified twice about it. And so we now know quite a bit about where Clinton was on the night of the Benghazi attacks, and what she was doing.

The Immediate Response

For starters, we should note that the embassy in Tripoli alerted the State Department headquarters in Washington about the attack on the diplomatic facility in Benghazi at about 3:45 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Sept. 11, 2012, according to Clinton’s accounts and a Senate report on the attack. In her book “Hard Choices” (on pages 322-323), Clinton said she received the news in her office from the department’s executive secretary, Steve Mull.

Clinton wrote (page 323) that her first action was to use a secure phone on her desk to contact the White House, where she spoke to National Security Advisor Tom Donilon. At 4:05 the State Department Operations Center sent an “Ops Alert” notifying senior department officials, the White House Situation Room, and others that the Benghazi facility was under attack.

Obama immediately gave an order to “do whatever was necessary to support our people in Libya” and to mobilize “all possible resources,” Clinton said in her book.

Clinton wrote that she led the State Department operations team to work with the embassy in Tripoli to “get our people to safety and to break down the doors of the Libyan government if necessary to demand more support.” At 5:41 p.m., Clinton also called CIA Director David Petraeus because she knew the agency had a nearby post with a heavy security force, and according to the Wall Street Journal, Clinton “wanted to make sure the two agencies were on the same page.”

Clinton described a frenzy of communications that followed news of the attack, including communication with various State Department officials, the White House, the Libyan president, the National Security Council, the CIA, Department of Defense, Joint Chiefs of Staff and other agencies.

At around 8 p.m. (2 a.m. in Benghazi time), Clinton — with other senior staff on the line — called Gregory Hicks, deputy chief of mission at the Libyan embassy in Tripoli. Hicks testified that Clinton “asked me what was going on, and I briefed her on developments. Most of the conversation was about the search for Ambassador Stevens. It was also about what we were going to do with our personnel in Benghazi, and I told her that we would need to evacuate, and that was–she said that was the right thing to do.”

It should be noted that responsibility for the military response did not fall on Clinton, but rather on Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Marty Dempsey.

The actions taken by Clinton and others have been scrutinized in detail in several investigative reports, including by Republican-controlled House committees. Congressional committees and an independent board detailed the rescue attempts that night, carried out despite U.S. military assets not being in position to defend the Benghazi facility. Those reports said there were no undue delays in responding to the attacks, and they pointedly rejected unfounded allegations that the U.S. response was deliberately thwarted by a “stand down” order.

“Quite the contrary: the safe evacuation of all U.S. government personnel from Benghazi twelve hours after the initial attack and subsequently to Ramstein Air Force Base was the result of exceptional U.S. government coordination and military response,” the independent Accountability Review Board concluded in its Dec. 18, 2012, report.

The “U.S. military performed well in responding to the attacks,” the House Armed Services Committee said in a February 2014 report. Separately, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence said in its November 2014 report that the CIA — which was first on the scene of the attack — responded in a “timely and appropriate manner.”

Working from Home

At some point, Clinton made the decision to leave the State Department for the night and continue working from her home because, “I knew the days ahead were going to be taxing on us all, with the entire Department looking to me to lead them through this shocking tragedy while keeping everyone focused on what lay ahead,” Clinton wrote on page 328 of her book.

Clinton, “Hard Choices”: With our DS agents at the heavily fortified CIA post and our reinforcements from Tripoli on the ground at the airport, I decided to move from my office to my home in northwest Washington, only minutes away from Foggy Bottom. I knew the days ahead were going to be taxing on us all, with the entire Department looking to me to lead them through this shocking tragedy while keeping everyone focused on what lay ahead. When I became Secretary the Department outfitted my house with all the secure communications and other equipment necessary to work as easily from there as I could from the office.

I got on the phone with President Obama and gave him the latest updates.

On Oct. 22, 2015, during a House Select Committee hearing on Benghazi, Republican Rep. Martha Roby questioned Clinton closely about her decision to go home that night. For context, the questions came about nine hours into Clinton’s testimony.

Roby: And who else was at your home? Were you alone?

Clinton: I was alone, yes.

Roby: The whole night?

Clinton, laughing: Yes, the whole night.

Roby: I don’t know why that’s funny. I mean, did you have any in-person briefings? I don’t find it funny at all.

Clinton: I’m sorry — a little note of levity at 7:15, noted for the record.

Roby: Well, I mean, the reason I say it’s not funny is because it went well into the night when our folks on the ground were still in danger. So I don’t think it’s funny to ask you if you were alone the whole night.

Clinton: Well, Congresswoman, you asked if I had a SCIF. I had secure phones. I had other equipment that kept me in touch with the State Department at all times. I did not sleep all night. I was very much focused on what we were doing.

In regard to Clinton’s reference to utilizing a “SCIF” at her home, that’s short for a Sensitive Compartmented Informational Facility, a secure room that allows communication protected against leakage of sensitive security/military information.

In response to Roby’s follow-up questions, Clinton revealed that prior to her leaving the State Department headquarters for home, the death of U.S. Foreign Services Information Management Officer Sean Smith had been confirmed, and Clinton said she also knew U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens “was most likely not alive.” Clinton said she was at home when she learned of the second attack on the CIA annex facility, which began about 11:15 p.m. Eastern time and claimed the lives of CIA contractors Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

Clinton said she talked to President Obama “late in the evening,” though she couldn’t recall exactly when.

We could find little in the available public documents to confirm Clinton’s engagement on the crisis after she went home — other than Clinton’s sworn testimony that “I had other equipment that kept me in touch with the State Department at all times. I did not sleep all night. I was very much focused on what we were doing.”

We know, for example that at 11:12 p.m., Clinton sent an an email to her daughter, Chelsea (who is identified in the email under her alias “Diane Reynolds.”) In that email, the secretary of state wrote: “Two of our officers were killed in Benghazi by an al Qaeda-like group: The Ambassador, whom I handpicked and a young communications officer on temporary duty w a wife and two young children. Very hard day and I fear more of the same tomorrow.”

We also know that at 11:38 p.m., Clinton emailed State Department officials Cheryl Mills, Jake Sullivan and Victoria Nuland to ask if the State Department should announce Stevens’ death that night or wait until the following morning.

We reached out to the Clinton campaign, which noted the 11:38 p.m. email Clinton sent from home, but provided no further evidence of communications through the early morning hours of Sept. 12. And because — as Clinton testified — she was home alone, there is no one to independently confirm her actions. We also reached out to the Trump campaign, but it did not respond.

Trump is entitled to his opinion about Clinton’s response to the Benghazi attack, but the evidence shows Clinton was fully engaged in the immediate response. And subsequent congressional investigations concluded the government response to the attack — including Clinton’s — was appropriate. Clinton testified that even after she went home that night, she remained awake all night, engaged and focused on the situation. Since there is no way to independently verify that, we’ll let readers decide for themselves, but we would note Trump has not provided any evidence to contradict Clinton’s account.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #180
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile in the current Presidency with that guy who would be working all the time and not leave the WH

This is Trump's 218th day at a Trump golf club and 286th day at a Trump property as president.

Lets Go Darwin