Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
J1NX

Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair killed

(CNN) -- Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was killed in a shooting in Nashville, Tennessee, authorities said Saturday.

Police said they found McNair and a woman shot to death in a Nashville residence after receiving a phone call about an injured person.

The woman has been tentatively identified, but her name is not being released, authorities said.

A law enforcement source close to the investigation said the woman is McNair's girlfriend and that the residence is her condominium.

Witnesses said McNair was a frequent visitor there.

Authorities were questioning people who were near the home, but they said no one was in custody. Video Watch report on McNair's death »

They could not provide details about the circumstances of the shooting.

McNair's brother, Fred, also confirmed the death but had no immediate details.

McNair, 36, spent 13 seasons in the NFL, the majority with the Tennessee Titans, and was named the NFL's co-MVP in 2003. He spent his last two seasons with Baltimore Ravens before announcing his retirement in 2008.

The owner of the Titans, Bud Adams, Jr., said in a statement that the organization was "saddened and shocked" to hear of McNair's death.

"He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans," Adams said.

"He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl."

The Titans marked a Super Bowl loss to the St. Louis Rams in 2000.

McNair attended Alcorn State in Mississippi.

Dozens of fans who rushed to the crime scene were rattled by the news of McNair's death.

"I'm in shock. It's so hard to believe," Sonya Hughes told CNN affiliate WKRN. "Tennessee Titans, Steve McNair -- on the Fourth of July."
advertisement

Ludy Wallace, former Nashville city councilman, remembered McNair as a "friendly" guy.

"I think he made an everlasting impression with people he came in contact with and the people that attended his [football] camps," Wallace told CNN affiliate WTVF.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/04/...ing/index.html
J1NX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
cableguy

sad story......I enjoyed watching him play......details are being slowly released, but it sounds like a murder suicide....multiple wounds on McNair, single shot to the woman....found a pistol near her body and the doors were locked....sad day
cableguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
Raven

maybe she found out marriage was out of the question
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
One tough SOB on the football field !
300+ lb linemen couldn't knock him out of most games, but his 20 year old girl friend knocked him out for good !

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

Fatal Attraction.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 AM   #6
Raven

POLICE ARE now calling it a homicide.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
Dad 818
Hunting for a 40

He was shot 4 times (2 in chest and 2 in head) while she was shot once in the head.

The gun was also found UNDER her body.
Dad 818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
The police must be amazing.....imagine them after 2 days deducing that McNair "Must" have been murdered??!!!! Wouldn't you think that a guy with 4 bullet holes in his body (2 of which were in his head!) did not shoot himself??? Also the fact that she was only shot 1 time (in the head I would imagine....they have not said) and the fact that the gun was under her body would lead most people to believe that perhaps "SHE" killed McNair and then killed herself as part of a jealous love entanglement???!!! WOW!!! Fantastic police work down there in F-L-A!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
fishbones

Sorry to see a guy who did so much for the community being the victim of violence. I feel bad for his family and especially his kids. What a horrible thing to have to go through.

Let this be a lesson to all husbands. If you're going to be stupid and cheat on your wife, have one night stands and never give the girl your real name or address. Or, just get a prostitute. They don't care enough to murder you.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
Slipknot
Super Moderator

It really is sad I feel for his kids too.
He was a really good quarterback and one tough s.o.b.
I've seen him play many times against our Pats and in other games and was always amazed he could get behind center after missing practice all week from injuries.
He died way too young, it's a shame.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Sorry to see a guy who did so much for the community being the victim of violence. I feel bad for his family and especially his kids. What a horrible thing to have to go through.

Let this be a lesson to all husbands. If you're going to be stupid and cheat on your wife, have one night stands and never give the girl your real name or address. Or, just get a prostitute. They don't care enough to murder you.

Charlie Sheen had the best answer any guy ever gave about paying prostitutes.
When asked why he pays big $$$ for sex from prostitutes, he said " I don't pay them for the sex, I pay them to leave"

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote