Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,652
Democrats Sue Russia, WikiLeaks And Trump Campaign Over Election 'Conspiracy'

I think we are going to have a new Twitter War.

Pete

"Character is Destiny"
Heraclitus 500 B.C.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
This lawsute PROVES their was NO COLUSION and NO OBSTRUCTION!!! Sad!!!
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,840
Why don’t they sue themselves for what they did to skew favor to Hillary?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,154
"There's no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America's elections... If whenever things are going badly for you and you lose you start blaming somebody else, then you don't have what it takes to be in this job." -President Barack Obama, deriding the very notion of a rigged election in 2016.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #5
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"There's no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America's elections... If whenever things are going badly for you and you lose you start blaming somebody else, then you don't have what it takes to be in this job." -President Barack Obama, deriding the very notion of a rigged election in 2016.
You are conflating Rigging and Influencing. Two different things
Trump claimed during the campaign that the election was rigged with Illegal voters.

Pete

"Character is Destiny"
Heraclitus 500 B.C.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You are conflating Rigging and Influencing. Two different things
Trump claimed during the campaign that the election was rigged with Illegal voters.
The chopped up quote even omits a crucial piece that establishes...wait for it...wait for it.............wait for it...........

Jim?

Quote:
“There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved,”
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:43 PM   #7
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,787
Wasserman rigged
Brazile influenced
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #8
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,194
How do you sue Russia?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:11 PM   #9
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You are conflating Rigging and Influencing. Two different things
Trump claimed during the campaign that the election was rigged with Illegal voters.
Is influencing a crime?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #10
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Is influencing a crime?
When it's a conspiracy yes it is. Ask the DOJ.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #11
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Wasserman rigged
Brazile influenced
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bunk. Wasserman didn't rig anything. The DNC needed Clinton's cash.

Brazile certainly effed up but the stuff she relayed was obvious. Questions about the death penalty? Really?
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:32 AM   #12
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You are conflating Rigging and Influencing. Two different things
Trump claimed during the campaign that the election was rigged with Illegal voters.
And the evidence that the influencing had any measurable effect, is what?

Russia made some Yahoo posts that nobody was aware existed, until after it was over.

The Democrats rigged their primary to nominate a candidate who is so loathsome, that merely mentioning her name makes normal men clench their but cheeks. Maybe that had something to do with it? Look at how she handled this loss, blaming every liberal boogeyman in sight, and in the end, blaming women for being voting slaves to their men (there's all kinds of evidence that happened).

She's un-likeable, a truly wretched woman, who no matter what she says, men picture their wives yelling "take out the garbage!!" She's like the whole nation's ex-wife.

Read the last part of Obama's quote, about how being a sore loser means you aren't up for the job. According to Obama, then, we dodged a bullet, didn't we?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:34 AM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The chopped up quote even omits a crucial piece that establishes...wait for it...wait for it.............wait for it...........

Jim?
The phrase you inserted, explains why, exactly, you can't rig elections, according to Obama. That doesn't refute my point, it bolsters it.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:35 AM   #14
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Wasserman rigged
Brazile influenced
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah but it's OK when they do it.

Also the super-delegates, whose entire existence is designed to in-do the popular vote, so that the DNC can get the candidate they want.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:59 AM   #15
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,992
“I knew it. I knew this would happen to me,” Clinton reportedly said, according to excerpts from a new book published by The Daily Beast. “They were never going to let me be president.”

who is "they".....the Russians?...the stupid American people?....the deplorables?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:02 AM   #16
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,909
Borrowing G.O.P. Playbook, Democratic States Sue the Government and Rack Up Wins

Republicans initiated legal action against the Obama administration Friday over its use of executive authority, an issue that helped galvanize the GOP to victory in the Nov. 4 midterm elections.


you guys love seeing only what you want to see as if its a new thing
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:18 AM   #17
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Bunk. Wasserman didn't rig anything. The DNC needed Clinton's cash.

Brazile certainly effed up but the stuff she relayed was obvious. Questions about the death penalty? Really?
More evidence that you don't adhere to a party.?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #18
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The phrase you inserted, explains why, exactly, you can't rig elections, according to Obama. That doesn't refute my point, it bolsters it.
I see why you went into finance, your reading comprehension isn't that great.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:38 AM   #19
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
More evidence that you don't adhere to a party.?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Not a fan of either person, just don't think their situations are as freakworthy as you seem to.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:42 AM   #20
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Also the super-delegates, whose entire existence is designed to in-do the popular vote, so that the DNC can get the candidate they want.
Do you know how they work?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #21
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I see why you went into finance, your reading comprehension isn't that great.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
at least he can spell

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This lawsute PROVES their was NO COLUSION and NO OBSTRUCTION!!! Sad!!!
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #22
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
at least he can spell
Really not paying attention are you.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #23
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Really not paying attention are you.
Sexy spy talk has me all a twitter..."You're a SPY ?"...."YES!...oooh..YES!...ooh...YES!!!"..cigarette ...and constantly having to educate you is tiring...if the left(not you of course, disguised as a moderate extremist non-denominational...."covert" perhaps) would stop speaking in tongues and using unintelligible punctuation and spelling we could save everyone a lot of time and effort. What ever happened to the "more highly educated" part of being liberal? Or does being liberal mean never having to communicate clearly...just put on a hat, hold a poster and chant a rhyme? I've been listening to NPR a lot...and I'm beginning to get what is wrong in the heads of the left but having to listen or read something repeatedly in order to discern intent and meaning makes it very hard to put into context.

Last edited by scottw; 04-21-2018 at 04:59 PM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #24
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,992
Filed in federal court in Manhattan, the lawsuit says the “illegal conspiracy” between the three groups undercut the party’s message and “sowed discord within the Democratic Party at a time when party unity was essential to electoral success.
“At the same time, Defendants’ conduct resulted in a dramatic drop in donations to the DNC,” the lawsuit says.




wait...so the party of "love" and unity was experiencing discord and disunity and underfunding? ...maybe a protest is in order...some civil disobedience always gets things moving...fight the power!....or something....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:00 PM   #25
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Sexy spy talk has me all a twitter..."You're a SPY ?"...."YES!...oooh..YES!...ooh...YES!!!"..cigarette ...and constantly having to educate you is tiring...if the left(not you of course, disguised as a moderate extremist non-denominational...."covert" perhaps) would stop speaking in tongues and using unintelligible punctuation and spelling we could save everyone a lot of time and effort. What ever happened to the "more highly educated" part of being liberal? Or does being liberal mean never having to communicate clearly...just put on a hat, hold a poster and chant a rhyme? I've been listening to NPR a lot...and I'm beginning to get what is wrong in the heads of the left but having to listen or read something repeatedly in order to discern intent and meaning makes it very hard to put into context.
This sounds almost like a Trump rant but you exceeded the Tweet character limit.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #26
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This sounds almost like a Trump rant but you exceeded the Tweet character limit.
indeed....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #27
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,652
Covfefe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:08 AM   #28
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Do you know how they work?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes, they work to ensure that the DNC-preferred candidate gets the nomination, regardless of what the voters (what an inconvenience THEY are) might do. The RNC sure as hell didn't get the nominee they wanted. But they allowed the voters to decide.

As to my reading comprehension being poor, I noticed, as always, you didn't correct me. Gee I wonder why that is...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:22 AM   #29
DZ
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,317
Sue Russia? I mean even Saturday Night Live couldn't come up with something so funny. I just love TDS. Pretty soon it will be covered by what's left of Obamacare.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #30
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,327
more above the law criminality from democrats




"The press continues to feed the dying Russia collusion conspiracy theory, spending Friday’s news cycle regurgitating Democrat talking points from the just-filed Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act lawsuit against the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks, and Russia.

Yet the mainstream media took no notice of last week’s federal court filing that exposes an $84 million money-laundering conspiracy the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign executed during the 2016 presidential election in violation of federal campaign-finance law.

That lawsuit, filed last week in a DC district court, summarizes the DNC-Clinton conspiracy and provides detailed evidence from Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings confirming the complaint’s allegations that Democrats undertook an extensive scheme to violate federal campaign limits."

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/24/...ed-84-million/

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com