Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #31
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I wonder if it had anything to do with Tillerson calling Trump a moron
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Surely that had influence. How related to the Russia thing is what gets me in a bunch.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The reason that I don't see what anti-trumpers want me to see is that they present innuendo, conjecture, and contradiction without hard evidence of conspiracy and then claim there is something to see.

For instance, Pete F. posts a 6 point list of things Putin supposedly wants:
What would Putin want?
1. Destroy or invalidate US intelligence assets
2. Destroy or weaken NATO
3. Destroy or weaken Economic alliances of his opposition
4. Destabilize democracies, encourage authoritarian regimes
5. Remove the USA as a world leader for democracy
6. Remove or lessen sanctions placed on him or his followers

and implies that Trump wants to do those 6 things. Most of which would harm his "business interests," which are what you imply are what he wants to protect by gaining Putin's support.
I made a list of some of Putin’s possible goals or things that would further Putin’s agenda. You are welcome to refute it by example but saying blindly that Trump has our best interests at heart because Doesn’t work.
The Emporer has no clothes
Spelling on a phone sucks

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #33
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Yes, with the exception of Iraq - Big Exception - Bush was better.
Big exception is right. Destabilized Afghanistan and ignored it as Iraq fell to pieces, prevented key allies from participation in reconstruction in favor of Cheney's haliburton, contributed to the rise of Hamas and Ahmadinejad. His foreign policy was a disaster that Obama couldn't match and Trump has yet to.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I made a list of some of Putin’s possible goals or things that would further Putin’s agenda. You are welcome to refute it by example but saying blindly that Trump has our best interests at heart because Doesn’t work.
The Emporer has no clothes
Spelling on a phone sucks
I didn't try to refute that Putin, "possibly," had those goals. I assumed that you were implying that Trump supported what Putin, possibly, wanted. I didn't say blindly, or with 20/20 vision, that Trump has our best interests at heart, nor did I say he doesn't.

If you didn't imply that Trump was in accord with, or supported, or conspired with Putin's desires re those 6 points, then I have no idea about what you were trying to say by bringing up Putin and six things he possibly wanted and connecting Trump to that by asking what Trump's unspecified behavior told me?
Old 03-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Big exception is right. Destabilized Afghanistan and ignored it as Iraq fell to pieces, prevented key allies from participation in reconstruction in favor of Cheney's haliburton, contributed to the rise of Hamas and Ahmadinejad. His foreign policy was a disaster that Obama couldn't match and Trump has yet to.
The de-Bathification of the Iraqi government and military will go down as perhaps the biggest foreign policy blunder we've ever seen in this generation.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #36
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I didn't try to refute that Putin, "possibly," had those goals. I assumed that you were implying that Trump supported what Putin, possibly, wanted. I didn't say blindly, or with 20/20 vision, that Trump has our best interests at heart, nor did I say he doesn't.

If you didn't imply that Trump was in accord with, or supported, or conspired with Putin's desires re those 6 points, then I have no idea about what you were trying to say by bringing up Putin and six things he possibly wanted and connecting Trump to that by asking what Trump's unspecified behavior told me?
I bet the Russian government has video of trump and some Russian hookers getting down in a hotel room. Maybe they are peeing on him. Trump knows they have dirt on him and is going to do what ever it takes to keep it under wraps. The Russians have a word for this type of thing. “ Kompromat” or compromising information. Things don’t add up when you look at his behavior in an objective way.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:46 AM   #37
wdmso

Another Aid gets the boot only to land on his feet in Trump re election teat ..i mean Team his golf caddy is the only 1 left

Mr McEntee was fired amid a US Department of Homeland Security investigation against him for financial crimes

Trump's re-election campaign manager, Brad Parscale

We need the help of proven leaders such as... John to promote the President's growing portfolio of achievements across the country."

"serious financial crimes"or any crimes equal proven leaders in the Trump administration
Old 03-14-2018, 06:44 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I bet the Russian government has video of trump and some Russian hookers getting down in a hotel room. Maybe they are peeing on him. Trump knows they have dirt on him and is going to do what ever it takes to keep it under wraps. The Russians have a word for this type of thing. “ Kompromat” or compromising information. Things don’t add up when you look at his behavior in an objective way.
My bet is he received loans tied to Russian money when he could get loans nowhere else (Ask Don jr) and he laundered money thru real estate for Russian Oligarchs (trump tower sales) of course that is just being a businessman.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #39
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Rex is gone, most of DJT's original cabinet gone and now when we need a firm response to back the UK; Trump fires Rex in the most unprofessional and disrespectful way possible. I think the only difference between the two is Trump fires people that don't kiss his arse and lick his golf shoes and Putin kills them.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:11 AM   #40
Raven

Thumbs up re/: fired by tweet

rep eric said
quote:
Gloat now, but you will be fired soon. And it’s not going to be done cowardly, as you’ve done to so many who’ve served you. There’s a storm gathering, Mr. President, and it’s going to wipe out you and your corrupt organization all the way down to the studs.

all the way down to the studs -love that
Old 03-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #41
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What studs, Trump throws the studs out before the nails are driven. You don’t do his bidding, speak out against his proposed actions or god forbid be potentially helping the Russia investigation are your fired. Your not even given the courtesy of a professional and respectful termination; the thin skinned coward fires you via tweeter. With Russia brazenly looking at all sorts of ways to disrupt our way of life and especially with the recent revelation about how deep into our utilities they have hacked and the murders in the U.K.; what a wonderful time to undermine the FBI.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I agree with John McCains harsh response to hearing Trump congratulate Putin on his electoral (joke) win. Trump either idolizes Putin, Putin has some serious dirt on Trump, or he is the pussy I know he is when it comes to Putin. No confrontation about the meddling in our elections, no confrontation about the poisoning of our allies, just a pat on the back.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #43
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I agree with John McCains harsh response to hearing Trump congratulate Putin on his electoral (joke) win. Trump either idolizes Putin, Putin has some serious dirt on Trump, or he is the pussy I know he is when it comes to Putin. No confrontation about the meddling in our elections, no confrontation about the poisoning of our allies, just a pat on the back.
I do too.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

I agree also
And for those wondering
“An American president does not lead the Free World by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections. And by doing so with Vladimir Putin, President Trump insulted every Russian citizen who was denied the right to vote in a free and fair election.”
www.mccain.senate.go…
Old 03-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #45
PaulS

Don't forget there are a lot of killers. You think our country's so innocent
Old 03-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #46
JohnR

Quote:
Don't forget there are a lot of killers. You think our country's so innocent
Out country is not exactly innocent but if you draw a moral equivalent between US, PRC, and RUS you need to revisit who the really bad guys are.

If the US steps back on the world stage do you think RUS or PRC is going to do a better job??

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-20-2018, 08:20 PM   #47
PaulS

President Trump, asked by an interviewer on Saturday why he respected President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia even though he is “a killer,” seemed to equate Mr. Putin’s actions with those of the United States.

“You got a lot of killers,” he told the interviewer, Bill O’Reilly of Fox News. “What, you think our country’s so innocent?”
Old 03-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #48
JohnR

Quote:
President Trump, asked by an interviewer on Saturday why he respected President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia even though he is “a killer,” seemed to equate Mr. Putin’s actions with those of the United States.

“You got a lot of killers,” he told the interviewer, Bill O’Reilly of Fox News. “What, you think our country’s so innocent?”

And we agree he is a tool.

Apocalypse is Coming: