Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-30-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[14] Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[14] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[15][16][17][18] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky (national economic self-sufficiency) through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[19]
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WOW... that is exactly what Trump has stated he wants to do... it's almost word for word... Damn you do have us figured out.....

Again I am at a loss as to how you believe this... where have you ever heard a Trump supporter or Republican ever in any way say anything to make you think this way?

The vastness of your anus must be immeasurable, judging by the huge amount of pure B.S. that you pull out of it....

Maybe that Idaho potato guy on the tv commercial should check with you on where that semi hauling the giant potato is located......
Old 01-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post

Again I am at a loss as to how you believe this... ...
"critical thinking"...saw it on a bumper sticker
Old 01-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
DZ

I'm still amazed that anyone in this country can get so unglued over a friggin red hat!

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
I'm still amazed that anyone in this country can get so unglued over a friggin red hat!
Is it really a "red hat" or is it what is on it and what some people think it represents?

I really have never heard what make America great again really means and when wasn't America great.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Is it really a "red hat" or is it what is on it and what some people think it represents?

I really have never heard what make America great again really means and when wasn't America great.
Is it what the hat actually represents (support for a populist president), or is it what the left wants America to believe it represents (today's version of a white hood)?

I don't think we were ever not great. It's funny, when Trump implies there was a time when it wasn't great, the left goes berserk. When Michelle Obama explicitly says she never felt pride in America until Barack got the nomination, that was OK.

But we can be better, and I think a return to a time when it was easier to be middle class, and to a time when we felt secure that our kids would have things easier than we do. That's how I see the MAGA slogan. I don't see anything sinister there.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

is it what the left wants America to believe it represents (today's version of a white hood)?
if trump survives his impeachment and the cooking from his intel chef and runs for reelection he should go with KEEP AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

that will drive them absolutely crazy
Old 01-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #7
DZ

To me its just a red hat. What I think it may stand for could be completely different than what others think - and that should be fine based on free speech and freedom of expression. I don't wear or even have a MAGA hat but I have other hats that are red - amazing to see people I meet looking real close to what my red hat says like they're ready to pounce - in my case River Whyless, a band I love.

Just look in a mirror and keep repeating: It's only a red hat, It's only a red hat".

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Is it what the hat actually represents (support for a populist president)why not have a "Trump" hat, or is it what the left wants America to believe it represents (today's version of a white hood)Some see it as something similiar?

I don't think we were ever not great. It's funny, when Trump implies there was a time when it wasn't great, the left goes berserk. When Michelle Obama explicitly says she never felt pride in America until Barack got the nomination, that was OK.Go look at many many threads where that was discussed.

But we can be betteragree - we should always strive for that, and I think a return to a time when it was easier to be middle class, and to a time when we felt secure that our kids would have things easier than we do. That's how I see the MAGA slogan. I don't see anything sinister there.
Thanks for giving your view of that. I have asked a few times and people have always dodged that question.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Thanks for giving your view of that. I have asked a few times and people have always dodged that question.
you asked why not a trump hat. because he picked another slogan.

why not reserve the racist label, for people who actually exhibit racism? a nutty idea, i know...
Old 01-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #10
wdmso

Double standard what a comical thread

if Obama said or did a fraction of What Trump has done and Said

Those here defending Trump today would have all had brain aneurysms
and become dehydrated from all the foam coming from their mouths

But yet the more he says the dumber His statements or his actions become the deeper they entrench themselves in his defence .. it's amazing to watch
Old 01-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #11
wdmso

As if on Cue

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!

9:28 PM - Jan 28, 2019
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	65960  
Old 01-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:

it should definitely be banned
Old 01-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #13
Nebe

Quote:

Same thing as draining the swamp. Wtf did he mean??
Old 01-30-2019, 03:45 PM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
Same thing as draining the swamp. Wtf did he mean??
Not having grifters in the cabinet who ride around on government jets, or use the connection to the Pres. to enrich themselves. I can go on but you read the papers or listen to the news.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #15
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
WOW... that is exactly what Trump has stated he wants to do... it's almost word for word... Damn you do have us figured out.....

Again I am at a loss as to how you believe this... where have you ever heard a Trump supporter or Republican ever in any way say anything to make you think this way?

The vastness of your anus must be immeasurable, judging by the huge amount of pure B.S. that you pull out of it....

Maybe that Idaho potato guy on the tv commercial should check with you on where that semi hauling the giant potato is located......
Im sorry your reading comprehension is sub standard.

Lets look at the part about violence being OK to support a feeling of nationalism.. now think back with when Trump was encouraging people beat up the protesters at his rallies and "he would pay the legal fees"

Trump loves dictators.

Trump loves protectionism ( trade tariffs)

Trump uses fascist tactics to gain and hold power. If you support Trump, you may not be a fascist, but you approve of fascist politics. The millions of Germans who supported the nazi party might not have been full blown nazi's but they liked their message and wanted to make Germany great again.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Im sorry your reading comprehension is sub standard.

Lets look at the part about violence being OK to support a feeling of nationalism.. now think back with when Trump was encouraging people beat up the protesters at his rallies and "he would pay the legal fees"

Trump loves protectionism ( trade tariffs)

Trump uses fascist tactics to gain and hold power. If you support Trump, you may not be a fascist, but you approve of fascist politics. The millions of Germans who supported the nazi party might not have been full blown nazi's but they liked their message and wanted to make Germany great again.
"now think back with when Trump was encouraging people beat up the protesters at his rallies and "he would pay the legal fees"

That was disgusting. But in reality, did it happen? Which side resorts to anarchy, to shut the other side up? Think back to all of the political riots in the US since the 1960s, and what % of those riots, do you think were started by republicans? Look what happens when a conservative attempts to speak on a college campus.

"Trump loves dictators"

But is he one? Would a dictator let MSNBC and CNN say the things they say about him, all day, every day?

"{Trump uses fascist tactics to gain and hold power."

Huh?

He won an election. What does he do that's fascist? What kind of fascist lets people compare him to Hitler all day long?

"The millions of Germans who supported the nazi party might not have been full blown nazi's but they liked their message and wanted to make Germany great again"

Tell me what he's doing, that's a valid comparison to Nazi Germany? Where are the death camps and chlorine showers?
Old 01-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #17
Nebe

Quote:
"now think back with when Trump was encouraging people beat up the protesters at his rallies and "he would pay the legal fees"

That was disgusting. But in reality, did it happen? Which side resorts to anarchy, to shut the other side up? Think back to all of the political riots in the US since the 1960s, and what % of those riots, do you think were started by republicans? Look what happens when a conservative attempts to speak on a college campus.

"Trump loves dictators"

But is he one? Would a dictator let MSNBC and CNN say the things they say about him, all day, every day?

"{Trump uses fascist tactics to gain and hold power."

Huh?

He won an election. What does he do that's fascist? What kind of fascist lets people compare him to Hitler all day long?

"The millions of Germans who supported the nazi party might not have been full blown nazi's but they liked their message and wanted to make Germany great again"

Tell me what he's doing, that's a valid comparison to Nazi Germany? Where are the death camps and chlorine showers?
As I said. Critical thinking is dead. You have this ability to see things as only 100% literal. Just as the climate change denier points outside to the snow and says that global warming is a joke because there is snow on the ground. In fact Trump just did this.

I think I am done here.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:
As I said. Critical thinking is dead. You have this ability to see things as only 100% literal. Just as the climate change denier points outside to the snow and says that global warming is a joke because there is snow on the ground. In fact Trump just did this.

I think I am done here.
oh nice....insult everyone and leave
Old 01-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #19
Cool Beans

I think we are on an episode of Candid Camera Twilight Zone....