Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

After President Trump finishes term one or two

Jimmy Carter and his wife still build homes for habitat, over 4000 homes in his 36 years of doing it, even into his 90’s. Can’t even picture Trump doing anything that doesn’t benefit himself or his family.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

Meanwhile, Obama screamed about global warming and bought a waterfront mansion.

NEXT
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-01-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
Sea Dangles

Btw,Carter did his best work out of office and is a shining example of a human.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Can’t even picture Trump doing anything that doesn’t benefit himself or his family.
Trump isn't going to work on houses for Habitat For Humanity, we all know that...however...

https://jewishstandard.timesofisrael...ear-olds-life/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ro-bus-driver/

https://www.commdiginews.com/politic...d-trump-59963/

Just like Hitler would have done.

America would be better if Carter had more of a clue while in office. But Carter is to be commended for his charity, no question.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Meanwhile, Obama screamed about global warming and bought a waterfront mansion.

NEXT
And his wretched wife is complaining about white flight. So it's OK for her to move up into a lilly-white neighborhood when she can afford it, but racist when white people do it.

That's liberalism, it's never about what "they" should do, always about what "we" should do.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Jimmy Carter and his wife still build homes for habitat, over 4000 homes in his 36 years of doing it, even into his 90’s. Can’t even picture Trump doing anything that doesn’t benefit himself or his family.
tantrum
Old 11-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Can’t even picture Trump doing anything that doesn’t benefit himself or his family.
That's because your point of view is too narrow.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:47 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That's because your point of view is too narrow.
Right. Because the media would die before admitting he ever did anything heartfelt or generous. Not saying he's a humanitarian, but he's not the Darth Vader they're making him out to be, either...
Old 11-01-2019, 03:59 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Trump isn't going to work on houses for Habitat For Humanity, we all know that...however...

https://jewishstandard.timesofisrael...ear-olds-life/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ro-bus-driver/

https://www.commdiginews.com/politic...d-trump-59963/

Just like Hitler would have done.

America would be better if Carter had more of a clue while in office. But Carter is to be commended for his charity, no question.
My post wasn’t a commentary on how good a president Carter was, far from it, it was purely my view that after Trump milks this office; he will move on to screw the next business partner. It’s just who he is.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
it was purely my view that after Trump milks this office; he will move on to screw the next business partner. It’s just who he is.
I know, I know . . . your sources tell you so.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:38 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well I guess we already know where he plans to retire, moving to FL to attempt to avoid more NY tax trouble, it’s the Trump way.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Rumor is he’s bankrupt again that’s why he’s selling hotel in DC, Trump Tower in NYC and will declare Mar a Lago as his primary residence
FL is only state where homestead is not limited in value
Old 11-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s the way of a con man, when the jig is up, it’s time to move.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:59 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I know, I know . . . your sources tell you so.
Oh no sir, his past business practices and history say it’s so.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:01 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
My post wasn’t a commentary on how good a president Carter was, far from it, it was purely my view that after Trump milks this office; he will move on to screw the next business partner. It’s just who he is.
I don't disagree with that.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Rumor is he’s bankrupt again that’s why he’s selling hotel in DC, Trump Tower in NYC and will declare Mar a Lago as his primary residence
FL is only state where homestead is not limited in value
The mind quivers at the thought of where you get your information/rumors. You subscribe to some service that reports the stuff that even MSNBC can't report with a straight face?
Old 11-01-2019, 06:16 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Oh no sir, his past business practices and history say it’s so.
How do you "know" what his past business practices were other than the sources you choose to listen to? Have you done your own independent investigation into legal, financial, and contractual documents?
Old 11-01-2019, 06:20 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
How do you "know" what his past business practices were other than the sources you choose to listen to? Have you done your own independent investigation into legal, financial, and contractual documents?
Gee wiz maybe multiple bankruptcy and a history of screwing his sub contractors for a start.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Gee wiz maybe multiple bankruptcy and a history of screwing his sub contractors for a start.
Other sources say he recovered from bankruptcies. Other sources can show many people who recovered from bankruptcy, or even several of them, to become successful and wealthy.

e.g. https://www.incomediary.com/went-ban...worth-millions

Many successful entrepreneurs have "screwed" some of those who worked for them or partnered with them in some way. That may well be one of the reasons that he initially failed in business. Has he paid any of his sub contractors? Most of them? How long can someone get sub contractors if he never pays them or usually doesn't pay them? Have none of his employees benefitted from him? Has he done no good? There are sources that laud him.

I don't know. But, apparently you know that Trump is a completely depraved, immoral, crooked, piece of trash. You have not come across any information to the contrary. Your sources consistently tell you so.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:08 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
mindless tantrum
Old 11-02-2019, 06:38 AM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If you don’t think people, employees, sub contractors, creditors, share holders and local and federal government doesn’t get screwed buy 6 corporate bankruptcies you kidding yourselves. There is a reason he isn’t liked or treated well as he claims in NY, it’s not because he is a classy guy.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:55 AM   #22
scottw

yawn
Old 11-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
The mind quivers at the thought of where you get your information/rumors. You subscribe to some service
pot calling the kettel black. Lol
Old 11-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
If you don’t think people, employees, sub contractors, creditors, share holders and local and federal government doesn’t get screwed buy 6 corporate bankruptcies you kidding yourselves. There is a reason he isn’t liked or treated well as he claims in NY, it’s not because he is a classy guy.
Yes, that is the nature of bankruptcy. People who are owed get paid a fraction of what they contracted for, if at all. It's a legal process. Not paying your creditors because you are broke is not because you are an evil person, it's because you are broke. And those creditors who are thusly "screwed" tend to not like you because you "screwed" them. Like what happened in the Chrysler bailout where the U.S. government did a pseudo bankruptcy favor to that company by "loaning" it a ton of money while fixing it so that it could pay it back, and pay the creditors, less than they were owed. And how we the tax payers got screwed by the GM bailout which avoided bankruptcy by sticking it to us, piling up more of our debt, contributing to inflation which led to higher prices for the things we buy.

We have a government that is basically bankrupt, and it pays off its debt by screwing us taxpayers in a similar manner. It fixes it so that the money it prints/borrows results in inflation which raises our cost of living, but enables the government to make payments on the debt interest with money that has less value than that which it borrowed.

Trump has followed the time honored tradition of many major companies and of our beloved government. But, of course, HE is the evil one.

And he was treated very well in NY when he was ostensibly a Democrat and a glitzy member of the wealthy class who hung out with all the swells.

That has changed. Many of us think for the better. Not you, of course. Your sources tell you not to.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump is a con artist that’s as close to a conservative as he’ll ever be.
But keep believing
Old 11-02-2019, 02:22 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
pot calling the kettel black. Lol
for the sake of argument, what’s the single nuttiest right wing thing you’ve ever heard me say?

P.S., lol.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #27
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Yes, that is the nature of bankruptcy. People who are owed get paid a fraction of what they contracted for, if at all. It's a legal process. Not paying your creditors because you are broke is not because you are an evil person, it's because you are broke. And those creditors who are thusly "screwed" tend to not like you because you "screwed" them. Like what happened in the Chrysler bailout where the U.S. government did a pseudo bankruptcy favor to that company by "loaning" it a ton of money while fixing it so that it could pay it back, and pay the creditors, less than they were owed. And how we the tax payers got screwed by the GM bailout which avoided bankruptcy by sticking it to us, piling up more of our debt, contributing to inflation which led to higher prices for the things we buy.

We have a government that is basically bankrupt, and it pays off its debt by screwing us taxpayers in a similar manner. It fixes it so that the money it prints/borrows results in inflation which raises our cost of living, but enables the government to make payments on the debt interest with money that has less value than that which it borrowed.

Trump has followed the time honored tradition of many major companies and of our beloved government. But, of course, HE is the evil one.

And he was treated very well in NY when he was ostensibly a Democrat and a glitzy member of the wealthy class who hung out with all the swells.

That has changed. Many of us think for the better. Not you, of course. Your sources tell you not to.
Got a little off track there buddy, the theme of this thread, was I believe Trump will finish up and go back to screwing his partners and now it will be with Russian money since he is such a bad risk. Oh Russian money, gee wiz what could that be an indicator of?
Old 11-02-2019, 02:47 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
for the sake of argument, what’s the single nuttiest right wing thing you’ve ever heard me say?

P.S., lol.
Not what you have said. More about your information source's
Old 11-02-2019, 02:52 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Got a little off track there buddy, the theme of this thread, was I believe Trump will finish up and go back to screwing his partners and now it will be with Russian money since he is such a bad risk. Oh Russian money, gee wiz what could that be an indicator of?
From what I can tell by the title of your thread: "After President Trump finishes term one or two" and your post that followed that title which was about Jimmy Carter doing something and your not being able to picture "Trump doing anything that doesn’t benefit himself or his family." Nothing about Russia or Russian money there.

Besides, I was responding directly to your post which was not about Russia or its money, and my response was directly to your words in that post--which, I guess, must have been off topic.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Russian money being a necessity was in line with the thread, since he has f*cked too many lenders on this side of the pond, but even the foreign money lenders will learn over time he's shading and shaky at best.