Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 05-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
Skip N

Crazy motorcycle riders

I must've seen over a dozen idiots riding thier motorcycles close to 100 mph on the highway today. Heavy traffic and these morons are flying around,weaving in and out traffic like they own the road!! One of 'em cut right in front of a mini van filled with kids, easily could've sent that van off the road. I was hoping one of these idiots would hit some road debris and take a tumble before they killed an inoccent motorist.

Bikers suck
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
ScottC

I see the same crap except now they are also doing all kinds of stupid tricks! Not just wheelies either, all kinds of stupid crap. It is getting out of hand.
ScottC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
sok
North Shore Lurker

Let me guess...........
All Japanese bikes, right?
sok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
ScottC

Alway import bikes, people with Harleys are safer but so damn loud it is rediculous.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
This is so amazing!!!
I just got home and went through the same situation on rt 128 from Braintree to about Canton Ma.
About 20 idiots on rice burners doing 70mph in and out of traffic,
on guy cut me off, then did a wheelie doing 70mhr, and all the while I kept thinking what damage I could do to one of them if they got too close to me in my 7000lb truck !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

I agree totally, on Friday coming home from the Cape, This guy on a Harley going in and out of stopped traffic in Boston. He scared the crapp out of me when he all of a sudden he appeared on the right. they arer either to load or to fast. and why do we have to wear a seat belt and these losers don't

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #7
ScottC

What pisses me off is that I have been pulled over for loud exhaust on my Mustang (not loud at all) but it is ok for idiots on Harleys to have basicly no exhaust. These morons hammer up my road and shake my hole house. I don;t know what it wors, the import bikes endangering your life, or the Harley guys making life miserable. I have actually had to threaten one neighbor so he wouldn't hammer up the road on his way to work in the morning...everyday!.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sok
Let me guess...........
All Japanese bikes, right?
Yeah, The harly guys seem to be ok for the most part. The younger punks with the jap bikes are the ones i always see acting like a holes.

I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw that one guy cut between to cars, he couldnt have had more than 3 feet of room to squeeze through the two cars. And going over 70 easily.

Maybe i'm a terrible person, but if that guy wiped out, i wouldn't have cared. I'd rather it be that stupid punk than that van of kids that get killed. Freakin idiots
Old 05-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #9
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC
What pisses me off is that I have been pulled over for loud exhaust on my Mustang (not loud at all) but it is ok for idiots on Harleys to have basicly no exhaust. These morons hammer up my road and shake my hole house. I don;t know what it wors, the import bikes endangering your life, or the Harley guys making life miserable. I have actually had to threaten one neighbor so he wouldn't hammer up the road on his way to work in the morning...everyday!.
Oh man those freakin things are loud! The harley guys for the most part seem rather safe when i see them riding, mostly just out cruising and enjoying themselves. The young punks on the jap bikes are another story. But the harleys are way to freakin loud, nothing like having one drive by your house at 2am. Scares the livin %$%$%$%$ outta me!

Oh, and those retarded white boys in my neigborhood trying to be all gangsta with thier audio sytems crancked up full blast at 1am pisses me off too. I'll save that grump for another thread though!

Last edited by Skip N; 05-07-2006 at 09:23 PM..
Old 05-08-2006, 06:27 AM   #10
Raven

Arrow seems so easy

your only true option is to just... move...

pretend your not...but look anyways.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:48 AM   #11
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC
What pisses me off is that I have been pulled over for loud exhaust on my Mustang (not loud at all) but it is ok for idiots on Harleys to have basicly no exhaust.
Never really understood that one either. They love the "safety" excuse but that doesn't really go to far with me. A loud exhuast is one thing, straight pipes is another...
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #12
ScottC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
your only true option is to just... move...

pretend your not...but look anyways.

OR do what we do, we rule our area with an iron fist. If some jerk is acting up he is "confronted" by a group of "concerend citizens" Sure sometime the jerk is just passing through, but most of the time they know someone in the imediate area and stop to chat.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #13
bluzjamer

Send a message via AIM to bluzjamer Send a message via Yahoo to bluzjamer
Not all bikers are jerks. Wife and I both ride. We're Grandparents!
The wife drives like one also! No bass yet this season!
Have to add to this. Laws are on the books...see the signs going into Newport.
$450 fine for straight pipes...trouble is I never seen a straight pipe, they all have bends.
I don't agree with no baffle but I like having a slightly loud bike. I have riden bikes
were quiet and have almost been killed because the car didn't see or hear me.
Too many people now on cell phones, I even saw a young girl riding her scooter while
talking on her cell (no it wasn't hands free). We live in a nutty society. Power boaters hate blow boaters.
Eco drivers hate SUV drivers, 4 wheelers hate 2 wheelers. Everybody cries for attention these days, guess thats why we list our huge striper pictures huh. The 18 yr old kid with a rice rocket, costs him more than $99 a month. The bike is over
$10K and the insurance he has to have if he buys on time will cost him almost $4k a year. So now you have a kid livin home with his mommie and probably selling dope to support his speed habit. 18 year olds should not be allowed to buy what they want. Entry level autos and bikes only until they are 21, at that age they can buy a handgun so if they are going to kill someone they will probably do it with something other than a set of wheels. 3 screwups and they tack on 5 years to their entry level status. Life is getting complicated and we just have keep up with it!

Last edited by bluzjamer; 05-24-2006 at 10:26 AM..
bluzjamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #14
basswipe

Ain't nuthin sweeter than the sound of American muscle that shakes the ground whether it be a 'Hog or a Hemi 'Cuda!

The #1 killer of riders is stupidity.No need to go 100+.

Pete I would respectively disagree with you.Loud pipes DO save lives.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #15
Big Dave

Lets see
On my way to work this morning, as is just about every morning everyone on the road passed me. I think I may have passed one or two cars today on the highway. What I saw was this 1 woman putting on her makeup and eye liner. 11 woman with cell phones stuck to the side of thier head. 2 having some type of muffin. A bunch of businessmen on the phones, one had some type of laptop mounted for driving access. one guy must have been driving with his knee cause he was holding a phone and writting something down. When your on a bike you get a great view of the cars on the road cause you never know what to expect. I was cruisng along at 70 and all these cars were passing me and they were all in the middle lane. never mind the Dale Jr's drafting each other in the left lane at speeds that must have been 90 or more. If it were not for loud pipes I dont think anyone would ever notice a bike these days. I dont really condone Harley guys that just want to make a ton of noise just to make noise. I guess even I am just to old for that crap. My bike sounds great and I see people look for me before they can see me. I like that. It's really sad all these hurry up herbies.

As for Jap bikes I think they suck. The down side to these jap bikes is that a kid that is only 18 that wants to establish credit. With a 100 bucks down and 99 a month with no experiance whatsoever can get on a rice rocket that has 135 HP to the rear wheel and is capable of speeds to 160 mph Tell me a young kid is not willing to tempt fate. Its bad. Big Dave

Last edited by Big Dave; 05-08-2006 at 09:11 PM..
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #16
ScottC

Whether or not loud pipes save lives is not the issue, the issue is jerks who do not respect thier fellow citizen. As far as I am concerned, if every harley owner could agree to never rev thier bikes at night or early in the morning, I would say let them have thier loud pipes, BUT there will always be that one jerk. So straight pipes should be outlawed and bikes should have to adhere to the same laws as cars, which it not that bad anyway.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #17
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

All the guys I know Put there stock pipes on to get there inspection sticker then they go home and put there striaght pipes back on. they know exactly what they are doing. cool only goes so far, I call it disturbing the peace

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #18
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe

Pete I would respectively disagree with you.Loud pipes DO save lives.
No I agree, it probably helps. But I do agree with Scott sometimes the constant downshifting and blipping of the throttle gets old. And that is what sometimes makes people discount the safety arguement. It's almost like a fall back excuse used for the loud pipes. It's legit, but it's not the reason for the pipes.

I'd be against a ban on straight pipes just because it's my nature, but sometimes it just seems ridiculous.

Back when the shop was on Thames Street there was a pack that rumbled through most weekends a few times a day. Just incredibly loud as it echoed off the buildings. You'd literally see shop owners closing their doors and (although this amused me) tourists covering their ears and looking at them with a frown.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:31 AM   #19
Redsoxticket

The nearby motorist who relies on the car horn to avoid an accident can't be heard because of the excessive motorcycle noise.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #20
ScottC

Good one redsoxticket. Or how about elderly drivers getting the crap scared out of them when some jerk cracks it open to "warn" them.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #21
hulkyj61
The one that got away

I saw one of 'em hit the back of a tractor trailer about 2 weeks ago on 495. He was weaving and the truck changed lanes right after this guy weaved into that lane. There is no way a trucker can see one of those guys. The biker looked ok but his bike went about 100 feet from him.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
hulkyj61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #22
sok
North Shore Lurker

I used to drive a truck.
Sometimes I couldn't see bikes, but the loud ones I could always hear first.
And if a motorist has to rely on a horn to avoid an accident he prolly shouldn't be driving.
My opinion.
sok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #23
Jenn

Hey its not just those on bikes....what about all the CARS, TRUCKS, and SUVs that weave in and out of traffic doing 100+?????? Not condoning the bikers behavior....just saying its not just them that create problems on the road. I have seen people reading the damn paper (yes with it in their lap) at 70 mph.....

SOK...Amen...I think everyone should be required to take a ride in a truck when they get there drivers license to show them the truck drivers perspective. I am so sick of hearing people complain about truck on the road......they need to realize Trucks make the world go round so to speak. Without them everyones lives would be very different.

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #24
milo

Scott I lived on the corner of Plymouth ave and niagra ,next to the funeral homes in FR for about 4 yrs,until last year,and let me tell ya I've seen just about everything you can imagine from my window on a FRI or sat nite in the summer.....loud bikes ,sex,all out high speed chases...chit it was better than TV
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #25
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
These idiots are known as organ donors by EMTs everywhere.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #26
rocketman

Loud pipes save lives??? Come on, so do helmets, but in CT the same guys using the loud pipes excuse won't wear helmets. I have 3 motorcycles and love all kinds of bikes except loud ones.

Life is like a poop sandwich, the more bread you've got, the less poop you taste.
rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #27
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

loud pipes

Any of you older more experienced board members remember using baseball cards and clothesline pins to attach the cards to your bycycle spokes. I think the guys who coined the phrase loud pipes save lives owned the straight pipe factory.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #28
ScottC

Yeah, I have held back a little on the "loud pipe saves lives " if that was the case then we should all have air horns continuously blaring while we ride right?

I rank loud pipes right up there with those loud a$$ stereo systems these punks drive around with. Same thing, but to be honest, I would take the loed system noise over the pipe noise anyday.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #29
backbeach
backbeach

"Loud pipes save lives"? Are these lives that need saving? How about they save their own lives by riding responsibly. The guys I see with the staight pipes and "hammering it" are doing so in congested neighborhoods. If I see one go over a guardrail or marry a tree I wouldn't waste the cell phone airtime to dial 911...
backbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:35 PM   #30
whiplash
Sand pounder

lunatics

What flipped me out was seeing a kid in my rear view mirror drafting me behind my suburban on 195 last weekend WTF some of them just have no brains.
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote