Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2022, 05:51 AM   #31
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It should be a bigger deal that Viktor Orban spoke at CPAC Dallas. His own minister resigned over his Nazi style rhetoric decrying "race mixing." The overt white supremacy is not a bug, it's a feature.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim will be posting his outrage about this, soon, it was just about to happen. Wait for itÖ
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:22 AM   #32
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Itís implausible, impossible that thereís racism on the rightÖ..


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
as usual, youíre claiming I said something that i never came close to saying.

obviously thereís racism on the right. that doesnít necessarily mean that governor desantis is a white nationalist.

Sorry if thatís going too fast for you

Pete, if i say ďitís wrong to say someone is a racist when these no evidenceĒ.

but what you claim i said ďitís impossible thereís any racism
on the rightĒ

then what possible
point is there to talking to you? .why do guy feel justified in routinely twisting words so completely?

would it kill you to say that itís wrong to call someone a racist just because they have different public policy ideas?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-05-2022 at 06:46 AM..
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:14 AM   #33
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim will be posting his outrage about this, soon, it was just about to happen. Wait for itÖ
madam, just because you canít criticize your side, doesnít mean i cant.

itís very stupid. beyond stupid.

So sharpton came to the obama white house more often than the tour guides. he was obamaís ďpoint manĒ on race issues. But that was ok? Which racist lunatic has killed
more americans? Sharpton has.

but itís always ok when the left does it. judge the right by the worst company they keep, but not the left.

Spence, i donít make claims that republicans are vastly morally superior to most democrats. just that we have superior ideas about public policy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-05-2022 at 07:36 AM..
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:31 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
madam,

Spence, i donít make claims that republicans are vastly morally superior
to
most democrats. just that we have nasty superior ideas about public policy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Miss,

You got the nasty part right.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:42 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
as usual, youíre claiming I said something that i never came close to saying.

obviously thereís racism on the right. that doesnít necessarily mean that governor desantis is a white nationalist.

Sorry if thatís going too fast for you

Pete, if i say ďitís wrong to say someone is a racist when these no evidenceĒ.

but what you claim i said ďitís impossible thereís any racism
on the rightĒ

then what possible
point is there to talking to you? .why do guy feel justified in routinely twisting words so completely?

would it kill you to say that itís wrong to call someone a racist just because they have different public policy ideas?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
FL teachers are speaking out after attending Desantisís new mandatory 3-day Ďpatriotic historyí indoctrination seminars. One example they cited was that students would be told Washington & Jefferson opposed slavery, while omitting the fact that they owned them.

When he denounces CRT, he means Civil Rights Teaching.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:43 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
as usual, youíre claiming I said something that i never came close to saying.

obviously thereís racism on the right. that doesnít necessarily mean that governor desantis is a white nationalist.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
As usual youíre claiming that I inferred that you were having a rational thought

Viktor OrbŠn: speaking at CPAC

Key Republicans hosting the white supremacist:

- Donald Trump
- Ted Cruz
- Ron DeSantis
- Gregg Abbott
- Jim Jordan
- Marjorie Taylor Greene
- Tulsi Gabbard
- Kristi Noem
- Sen Rick Scott
- Rep Mayra Flores
- Rep Mary Miller
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:25 AM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
madam, just because you canít criticize your side, doesnít mean i cant.

itís very stupid. beyond stupid.

So sharpton came to the obama white house more often than the tour guides. he was obamaís ďpoint manĒ on race issues. But that was ok? Which racist lunatic has killed
more americans? Sharpton has.

but itís always ok when the left does it. judge the right by the worst company they keep, but not the left.

Spence, i donít make claims that republicans are vastly morally superior to most democrats. just that we have superior ideas about public policy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
https://youtu.be/Hk-TLXKlubk
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:50 PM   #38
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
https://youtu.be/Hk-TLXKlubk
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
They donít do history
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:51 PM   #39
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Libtardia
Posts: 21,315
Rhonda Santis is actually a fascist. Not a rockstar
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:34 PM   #40
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,670
Ron DeSantis At a press conference, he claimed that elementary school teachers are ďinstructedĒ to encourage children to switch genders.

And the crowd went wild
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:44 PM   #41
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,670
DeSantis didn't know staff declined 'The View' invite, has no interest in 'partisan corporate media'
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis says his staff knew better than to bring him an invitation from 'The View'

Look at fox . already promoting Ron rather than reporting on Ron

Partisan media lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:29 PM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Rhonda Santis is actually a fascist. Not a rockstar
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Heís neither a Rock Star nor a Facist, heís just a politicianÖ.and the all suck. We need a clean flush
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:30 PM   #43
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Heís neither a Rock Star nor a Facist, heís just a politicianÖ.and the all suck. We need a clean flush
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
nah heís a rock
star.

but as a career politician, as you say, probably a snake
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:31 PM   #44
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Rhonda Santis is actually a fascist. Not a rockstar
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wel you proved that beyond a doubt.

Florida is a fascist state! the state that didnít lock down, they are the fascists.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:14 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Andrew Warren duly elected State Attorney for Hillsborough County, Florida on being suspended by DeSantis: "This is Orwellian thought police where I'm being punished for not enforcing a law that doesn't even exist yet."

The re-election chances of Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis are put in serious jeopardy as a new poll of Florida voters finds that he is losing to Democratic challenger Charlie Crist by a whopping 13%.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:20 PM   #46
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Libtardia
Posts: 21,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wel you proved that beyond a doubt.

Florida is a fascist state! the state that didnít lock down, they are the fascists.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Dont say gay ! A blatant violation of your first amendment rights. But we all know so many conservatives are really good at repressing homosexuality.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:37 PM   #47
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Dont say gay ! A blatant violation of your first amendment rights. But we all know so many conservatives are really good at repressing homosexuality.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
except that bull
didnít say, donít say gay. it said to leave all discussions of all
sexuality, including heterosexuality, out of grades K-3. the bill
did nothing to single out homosexuality.

You feel that 5 year olds in public school, need to be exposed to sex talk? kindergartners?

there are all kinds of things teachers cannot say in school. they arenít free to say anything and everything, while at work.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:00 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Be very afraid, teachers are grooming your children, caravans are coming, Soros is here,
DeSantis says so

THE NAZI MOVEMENT STARTS SLOWLY beginning with things like book bans, national religion, anti-union, anti-science, attack media, rallies, anti-minority, xenophobia, brown shirt types, purge on RINOS, and worship of a tyrant-to-be: DeSantis.
Don't repeat German history
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:19 AM   #49
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,670
Surprised Ron isnít following 4wheels Abbott Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vows more migrant buses coming to NYC


Abbott's "continued use of human beings as political pawns is disgusting."

Sound like He was inspired by Victor Orban

Hungarian leader says Europe is now Ďunder invasioní by migrants

2018

Using Fear of the ďOther,Ē OrbŠn Reshapes Migration Policy in a Hungary 2019

Of course itís not accepted, but the factual point is that all the terrorists are basically migrants,Ē says Viktor OrbŠn. 2015

Evangelical Christians support the majority of OrbŠnís policies and positions, even if we donít really admire the way he goes about his politics,Ē she said. ďI voted for him because he is a conservative Christian standing up against a liberal Europe.Ē

And now in 2022 Republicans and their voters are parroting these Views !

Itís no coincidence . And their Intolerance is the actual threat to American values.

But in the new GOP. Only their freedoms their ideas and their Religion. Are values of the True native Born American patriots and founding fathers

To gullible to understand our founding fathers were progressive thinkers ! Or the Queen would still be on our Money
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:19 AM   #50
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Be very afraid, teachers are grooming your children, caravans are coming, Soros is here,
DeSantis says so

THE NAZI MOVEMENT STARTS SLOWLY beginning with things like book bans, national religion, anti-union, anti-science, attack media, rallies, anti-minority, xenophobia, brown shirt types, purge on RINOS, and worship of a tyrant-to-be: DeSantis.
Don't repeat German history
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yes Pete itís fascist to not want pornograohic books in elementary school.

you guys sure seem insistent that we sexualize very young kids.

clearly the gop wants a massive, fascist federal government.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:23 AM   #51
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yes Pete itís fascist to not want pornograohic books in elementary school.

you guys sure seem insistent that we sexualize very young kids.

clearly the gop wants a massive, fascist federal government.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Again none of which you speak is actually happening.. except in conservatives imaginary world. Children arenít being assigned these book to read nor are they finding them. Whenís the last time elementary kid had a book rather then a phone

Twisted parents are. Creating an imaginary scenario to fit their Real agenda

Maybe the need to be concerned about what actually is happening compared to what never happened

Teen Sexting
Learn the details about teen sexting laws and penalties Aka child porn in most states

Sexting is a crime in Texas even if no adult is involved. Under Texas Penal Code Section 43.261, it is a crime for a minor to ďintentionally or knowinglyĒ send another minor an obscene photo/video or a photo/video of a minor engaging in sexual conduct, if they know it was a minor.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 08-06-2022 at 07:38 AM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:34 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yes Pete itís fascist to not want pornograohic books in elementary school.

you guys sure seem insistent that we sexualize very young kids.

clearly the gop wants a massive, fascist federal government.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Once again you exhibit an inability to comprehend words.
Do you equate grooming with pornography?

Fascists always need an enemy, preferably something so extreme itís indefensible

So you allege that government officials are aiding in pedophilia, child trafficking, and the grooming of children.

That this is common behavior?
I can cite examples of religious leaders molesting children ad nauseum.
There are far more cases of molestation in religion and religious education than public education, you send your children to religious school.
Are you sure theyíre safe?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:47 AM   #53
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again none of which you speak is actually happening.. except in conservatives imaginary world. Children arenít being assigned these book to read nor are they finding them. Whenís the last time elementary kid had a book rather then a phone

Twisted parents are. Creating an imaginary scenario to fit their Real agenda

Maybe the need to be concerned about what actually is happening compared to what never happened

Teen Sexting
Learn the details about teen sexting laws and penalties Aka child porn in most states

Sexting is a crime in Texas even if no adult is involved. Under Texas Penal Code Section 43.261, it is a crime for a minor to ďintentionally or knowinglyĒ send another minor an obscene photo/video or a photo/video of a minor engaging in sexual conduct, if they know it was a minor.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yes it is happening. parents are reading these books at school board meetings. i posted a link to a book that had cartoon drawings of young boys blowing each other.

itís not happening all day, every day, iím every classroom. but obviously itís happening.

my favorite is when parents read from these books at board meetings and get cut off because bird members say the language is inappropriate. The language is ok for kids, but not for adults. nothing weird about that.

Wayne, had any democrat, anywhere, ever, done anything stupid?

youíre in absolute denial, yet you say iím the one being led by the nose. funny.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:51 AM   #54
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Whenís the last time elementary kid had a book rather then a phone



Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
we are all certain that in your circles, no one reads. Please donít assume that applies to everyone

If no one ever reads those books, then why not just remove them
from the library? f no one ever reads those books, why do liberals claim itís bad to ban books?

talk about trying to have it both ways

Wayne: no one reads those books. so no big deal.

Jim: then letís remove the dirty books.

Wayne: jimís a book burner! Jimís a book burner! We have to protect the books, even though i just said no one reads them!

Makes all kinds of sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:29 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we are all certain that in your circles, no one reads. Please donít assume that applies to everyone

If no one ever reads those books, then why not just remove them
from the library? f no one ever reads those books, why do liberals claim itís bad to ban books?

talk about trying to have it both ways

Wayne: no one reads those books. so no big deal.

Jim: then letís remove the dirty books.

Wayne: jimís a book burner! Jimís a book burner! We have to protect the books, even though i just said no one reads them!

Makes all kinds of sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think those books youíre smoking fried your brain, when did Wayne realize and announce youíre a bookburner?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #56
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think those books youíre smoking fried your brain, when did Wayne realize and announce youíre a bookburner?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i donít think pornography belongs in public schools. Youíre saying that makes me a book burner?

and iím the one with the fried brain, yup.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:26 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i donít think pornography belongs in public schools. Youíre saying that makes me a book burner?

and iím the one with the fried brain, yup.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You have a vivid imagination
Point out anyone calling you a bookburner in this thread, just more self victimization on your part.

Just who thinks pornography belongs in any school?
Is that what they have in Catholic schools?
Do you want to have it in public schools also?
Just what made so many Catholic priests molesters?
Why is it that the more rigid the doctrine, the more attractive it is to abusers?
What is it about authoritarians that makes them think others have as warped minds as they do?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:38 PM   #58
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we are all certain that in your circles, no one reads. Please donít assume that applies to everyone

If no one ever reads those books, then why not just remove them
from the library? f no one ever reads those books, why do liberals claim itís bad to ban books?

talk about trying to have it both ways

Wayne: no one reads those books. so no big deal.

Jim: then letís remove the dirty books.

Wayne: jimís a book burner! Jimís a book burner! We have to protect the books, even though i just said no one reads them!

Makes all kinds of sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No Jim you are a fear monger and just because you personally wonít burn books you have no issues with those who will

Dirty books yep can you say Judy blume.

They call her a Pied Piper leading kids down the wrong path.

Sound familiar
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:45 PM   #59
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,750
Jimís priority is a few obscure books that few if any read, taking away a women'control of her own body, not the flash flooding, abnormal heat globally or the climate change issues that will impact the globe. Whatís the global impact of what Jim considers objectionable reading material, or for that matter the pro life issue , as compared to the impact of global warming?
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 06:04 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,174
Luckily Americans can see who DeSantis is and donít want a fascist

NEW Yahoo News/YouGov poll

2024 Presidential Election:
Joe Biden 41%
Donald Trump 39%

Joe Biden: 40%
Ron DeSantis: 36%.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com