Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Rape murder and pillage

Biden Warns of More Rapes and Murders If Jobs Bill Is Not Passed | The Weekly Standard

Pass this job bill or else.

Omg make him stop. My sides hurt. All because there are less cops.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

What's next pass this job bill or no weenie roast Friday nite?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Lock your doors and windows, Reid won't vote on it!

" Choose Life "
Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

So, you don't think there is a possible correlation between the # of officers and crime?

"In 2008, when Flint had 265 sworn officers on their police force, there were 35 murders and 91 rapes in this city," Biden said. "In 2010, when Flint had only 144 police officers, the murder rate climbed to 65 and rapes--just to pick two categories--climbed to 229. In 2011, you now only have 125 shields. God only knows what the numbers will be this year for Flint if we don't rectify it."

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
So, you don't think there is a possible correlation between the # of officers and crime?

"In 2008, when Flint had 265 sworn officers on their police force, there were 35 murders and 91 rapes in this city," Biden said. "In 2010, when Flint had only 144 police officers, the murder rate climbed to 65 and rapes--just to pick two categories--climbed to 229. In 2011, you now only have 125 shields. God only knows what the numbers will be this year for Flint if we don't rectify it."
Easy fix, allow law abiding citizens to wear side arms.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
they already are allowed.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Biden's mind has been pillaged.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 10-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Swimmer.
you're retired from law enforcement, right?

You see no possible correlation between the number of crimes and the number (and ability to cover ground) of police in an urban area? I'm not saying it is 100% cause/effect, but I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility....

What if he had said the cuts closed X firehouses and there were Y more damaging fire b/c of increased response times...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
zimmy

Quote:
Swimmer.

You see no possible correlation between the number of crimes and the number (and ability to cover ground) of police in an urban area? I'm not saying it is 100% cause/effect, but I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility....

What if he had said the cuts closed X firehouses and there were Y more damaging fire b/c of increased response times...
Seems like there was a correlation between Juliani's increase in officers and a major decline in crime in NYC. Crime always goes up with the unemployment rate. One can argue that the jobs bill isn't gonna work, but it is hard to argue that there isn't a connection between the economy and crime.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Very true!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
Fly Rod

Quote:
Sorry can not buy this theory in my city. We have three firehouses closed in the out skirts of the city, no problem. The problem lies in the main firehouse. There have been three fires within 200 ft. of the main firehouse, one next door and all three burned to the ground. Matter of fact a responding fire department from the next town was on scene before the local fire department on one building that burned to the ground next door.

Taking the beds out of the firehouse may solve the problem.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

No none whatsoever Bryan. I believe it's more to do with the economy and people losing their jobs than how many friggin coPs got hired in the city.

Mr murderer.... Oh I think I'll kill Sally Joe today cuz there's no coPs around roflmao come on!!

Oh the boys in the hood just decided to rape that girl in the abandoned warehouse all because there was only 144 coPs on duty

Let's get real. This is pure bull#^&#^&#^&#^& meant to incite the people to lobby their reps to pass a ridiculous bill.

Quote:

Old 10-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #13
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Saying Teachers and Police will be out of work is BHO clearly telling his voting base that he has THEIR best interest in mind....

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 10-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #14
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Swimmer.

There is absolutely a correlation between the two. I wasn't going to respond before, because I figured I would hear from the cynics about all the new hires being found in various coffee shops along thier beats.

Years ago when I first came on we were assigned walking beats in the town I worked. The town was out of control at the time. Some nights we got our asses kicks and some night we didn't. Over all we were employees added on to the department to supplement the officers allready there because of crime. The five new guys managed to bring things back under control, (don't know how looking back), but only additional people can solve what your talking about. Read the book "Broken Windows" by Kelling and Cole. It is simplistic in nature, but explains everything rather well. Stopping crime is also taking the criminals off the streets after thier arrest using things like high bail, jail sentences, unheard of in Massachusetts anymore. In the eighties at one time things were so bad with house breaks a bunch of judges got together and took about 40 key players off the street and sent them to jail as opposed to giving them any kind of break and property crimes in the count plummeted. Its not just how many cops there are out there. To say that crime wont occur because more cops are hired is dubious. Although in cities like New York some guys walk beats thier entire career on the job. I can tell you first hand that catching someone in the act of breaking into a business wont happen unless a cop is in the area. To use the "I'll get more cops on the street" line to get elected is poop. It degrades the effort by department administrators to add additional people. Look at our own state police, they are 500 troopers down through attrition. It has been six years since an academy class went through. How many troopers do you see out on patrol. How many people do you see doing 90 m.p.h.There are more fatal crashes on our highways than ever before.

In Brockton, right now, today, if you had a property damage car crash with another vehocle or a tree with now injuries it would take an hour or better to get a cruiser there. Somes day the only thing the department will send is a wrecker if you tell them the car is undriveable Imagine getting into a crash and no cruiser response occurs.

I remember when the first ever layoffs occured in police departments years ago. I met a Brockton cruiser for a shuttle and he said he was the only officer on the street that night. 115,000 people and one officer. How about those odds. Abington P.D. had layoffs years ago and thier residents started calling us to handle thier problems. They were really pissed when we would not send cars. Thats called scabbing.

Last edited by Swimmer; 10-13-2011 at 03:19 PM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 10-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
Fly Rod

My city a population of thirty thousand has a great response time from the cops and rescue squard. Our city has lost more then half the police force due to buget cuts starting several years ago. Response time is 3-5 minutes for a health issue or crash. Police and rescue do a great job. The only crime we have is domestic, a few drunks and once in a while car break-ins if you do not lock your car. all the cops drive, no foot beats.

The state is trying to get the city to join a municipal 911 system. We do not need it.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #16
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
You realize Michigan has pretty much the most open gun control laws outside of Texas?

So much for that.

And its Flint, they can't afford sidearms anyhow.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #17
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
You realize Michigan has pretty much the most open gun control laws outside of Texas?

Hmm, imagine how much more violent crime ther would be in those states if
law abiding citizens weren't carrying.

A good part of the Texas rate increase is due to the influx of illegals,
while the violent crime rate in Michigan has dropped.

In a list of "The Top Most Dangerous States", Texas and Michigan didn't
even make the top 15 in 2010.
MICHIGAN and Alaska showed the biggest improvement.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
Chesapeake Bill

A slight correction is needed...Michigan does not have "the most open gun control laws outside of Texas." In fact they aren't in the top 5. Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont have the least restrictive because they are unrestricted carry states (meaning no license is required). Of the "shall issue" states Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Washington are the least restrictive. So at least 6 states are ahead of Michigan...

If you think adding police is the answer I suggest you read teh book "Freakonomics."

Last edited by Chesapeake Bill; 10-13-2011 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: typo and suggestion
Old 10-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #19
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION

Tomorrow nights O'bamamallow roast and fashion show featuring Spence and the likwidettes has been cancelled due to impending budget cuts for next year.

That is all carry on

Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #20
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Hmm, imagine how much more violent crime ther would be in those states if
law abiding citizens weren't carrying.

A good part of the Texas rate increase is due to the influx of illegals,
while the violent crime rate in Michigan has dropped.

In a list of "The Top Most Dangerous States", Texas and Michigan didn't
even make the top 15 in 2010.
MICHIGAN and Alaska showed the biggest improvement.
When did we start talking about entire states? Oh, we weren't. Twit.

Let me leave this right here:
The 10 Most Dangerous Cities in America - 24/7 Wall St. - National - The Atlantic

Flint seriously makes Detroit look like a nice place too.

Roger & Me still has relevance these days when it comes to Flint.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #21
Chesapeake Bill

Roger and Me has no relevance nor does the idiot who made it...JMHO

I don't see Michael Moore giving back huge sums of his money. He wants to keep his earnings just as much as the next guy except he wants everyone else to give theirs up. A true scumbag in my book.

That being said Flint is a wreck of a city...for a multitude of reasons.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #22
Raven

Biden needs to stick with shooting a bow and arrow........

he's like a little doggie that bares his teeth all the time
Old 10-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
right about here I think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid
Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #24
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

Oh yes you were! Your awful young to have memory loss.
Your original quote was about MICHIGAN and TEXAS.

Twit????? I'll excuse your rude, childlsh behavior this time as I realize
teenagers are like that.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Taking the beds out of the firehouse may solve the problem.[/QUOTE]

Then they wont be able to hold two full-time jobs.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 10-15-2011, 07:59 AM   #26
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake Bill View Post
A slight correction is needed...Michigan does not have "the most open gun control laws outside of Texas." In fact they aren't in the top 5. Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont have the least restrictive because they are unrestricted carry states (meaning no license is required). Of the "shall issue" states Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Washington are the least restrictive. So at least 6 states are ahead of Michigan...

If you think adding police is the answer I suggest you read teh book "Freakonomics."
6 states?

Michigan is: no permit for long rifles, a shall issue state. they have safety inspections but whatever, nobody cares, may carry loaded in vehicle, and also a castle state.

And its certainly not helping Flint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake Bill View Post
Roger and Me has no relevance nor does the idiot who made it...JMHO

I don't see Michael Moore giving back huge sums of his money. He wants to keep his earnings just as much as the next guy except he wants everyone else to give theirs up. A true scumbag in my book.

That being said Flint is a wreck of a city...for a multitude of reasons.
I don't see you or the Michigan Militia or the Republicans bringing to light what happened there?

Moore: 1
You: -alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION

Tomorrow nights O'bamamallow roast and fashion show featuring Spence and the likwidettes has been cancelled due to impending budget cuts for next year.

That is all carry on

Have you gotten a job yet?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #27
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

O'bama is giving me yours

Quote:
6 states?

Michigan is: no permit for long rifles, a shall issue state. they have safety inspections but whatever, nobody cares, may carry loaded in vehicle, and also a castle state.

And its certainly not helping Flint.

I don't see you or the Michigan Militia or the Republicans bringing to light what happened there?

Moore: 1
You: -alot

Have you gotten a job yet?
Old 10-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
Chesapeake Bill

Likwid,

I can see facts mean nothing to you. Do a little research. I've been to Flint many times. Flint was a crappy town back in the 70's and 80's. It stayed that way during both the Rutherford and Sharp administrations. Has not changed since those campaigns and there isn't much that will bring it back. Flint was in social decline and all Mr. Moore's antics did was to get him a big house so all the rest of Flint's impoverished masses can see how he now lives with money...oh wait...he moved to Traverse City so they don't have to see the wealth he earned off their backs...