Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » GoTight.Net Forum

GoTight.Net Forum Home of the Surfcaster's Classic

Old 05-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

rules question

I read the rules and I think I understand how the team competition goes, but I can't find rules on what are the qualifications of how to win if you are not on a team, there is a year long tourney other than the classic right?
is that the cow hunt? how many fish qualify for that? one? 10? I'm confused.
Do the weekend fish tally only count towards the year long, something is not clear to me as this gets all mixed up

I didn't put my thinking cap on today

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

also some questions after talking to my tourney partner and others involved

1. should each member enter as many fish as possible or at least there top 5 so it helps their indivual overall score or do only the top 5 between the two members count for the year long tally?

2. what if i'm in area with no internet/computer access, and i cant upload within 24 hours? Like on cutty or block. I use a waterproof camera which requires me to download the pics before sending them. Can i send them in on sunday when I return???

3. how does the season long cow hunt work? do i use the week befores tourney card for the pic? say the following tuesday i stick a super cow or really long fish does that count or does it have to be caught during thursday to sunday?

4. still doing bonus points for videos?

5. should i enter every fish i catch?

thats all i can remember now, 6 hours of sleep in the last 2 nights, coupled with a 14 work day and two all day fishing seasons and real life stuff to do , i cant remember the rest right now.

Last edited by chefchris401; 05-28-2013 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: questions

STORMR Pro Staff Member
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Canalman
Calling Jon The Fisherman

Bruce,

Cow Hunt Rules - GoTight.Net

Surf Asylum Lures, Custom Lures for the "Committed"
Official S-B Sponsor
Canalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Canalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris401 View Post
also some questions after talking to my tourney partner and others involved

1. should each member enter as many fish as possible or at least there top 5 so it helps their indivual overall score or do only the top 5 between the two members count for the year long tally?

Only the top 5 between you. It makes sense to enter a few extras in case there is a tie. Also, it makes sense to enter anything that might increase your individual Cow Hunt Score (your three biggest) for the season.

2. what if i'm in area with no internet/computer access, and i cant upload within 24 hours? Like on cutty or block. I use a waterproof camera which requires me to download the pics before sending them. Can i send them in on sunday when I return???

I'll post something about this on Facebook and the site, it's a good point. The short answer is, you're screwed.

If you let me know before you head out to your exotic locale, I'll make the note and of course, I'll be glad to give you some leeway.

3. how does the season long cow hunt work? do i use the week befores tourney card for the pic? say the following tuesday i stick a super cow or really long fish does that count or does it have to be caught during thursday to sunday?

Use the TAG from the previous weekend.

4. still doing bonus points for videos?

Yes

5. should i enter every fish i catch?

No, enter the ones that will increase your score and like I said above, it's wise to have two extras for tiebreakers, if possible.

thats all i can remember now, 6 hours of sleep in the last 2 nights, coupled with a 14 work day and two all day fishing seasons and real life stuff to do , i cant remember the rest right now.
Hope that helps

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 05-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Thanks Dave, crystal clear
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Ian
Idiot

Does the video have to be of a fish you or your partner caught? Or can it be a fish another Buddy caught while fishing with you?
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Canalman

Ian, the video of another buddy catching a fish is worth some bonus points as well

Here's how it breaks down.

Each video of a fish that qualifies for your top five is worth 2 points and if all of your qualifying catches are recorded on video you'll earn an additional 3 points.

If you submit video of anything else fishing-related; your non-team-member buddy hooking a fish, birds working, pranking your sleeping fishing partner, fosh blitzing etc etc... it will earn you an additional 2 points. The one thing to understand about these extra videos is that you can only earn 2 points once per weekend, so whether you send me a 3 hour montage (please don't ) or a 30 second clip of birds diving on bait, it's all worth the same 2 points.

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
Ian
Idiot

Thanks Dave, should have fished Sunday... should have f-ing fished Sunday...

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Dave, I won't be able to submit my fish this week until Sunday.
GregW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
Canalman

No worries Greg. Will you be in a place where you can text me your scores every day? I'm assuming you'll be at Cutty, if that's the case, I can usually text from anywhere around the club, but when service is especially shoddy I go up near the big weather vane on the hill and things will usually work out.

All I want is...
"Dave it's Greg from The Castaways, 4 fish last night: 23, 34, 45, 52 for a total of 154"

Just so I can update things and keep everything flowing as the weekend progresses.
I'll PM you my number

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Ian
Idiot

Dave, can you send me the same text for use next weekend? A number of us will be on the island then and will need to do something similar

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canalman View Post
No worries Greg. Will you be in a place where you can text me your scores every day? I'm assuming you'll be at Cutty, if that's the case, I can usually text from anywhere around the club, but when service is especially shoddy I go up near the big weather vane on the hill and things will usually work out.

All I want is...
"Dave it's Greg from The Castaways, 2 fish last night: 23 and 18 for a total of 41" But here's a video of Fishbones catching a 52" fish for my extra 2 points.

Just so I can update things and keep everything flowing as the weekend progresses.
I'll PM you my number
There you go, I fixed it for you.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canalman View Post

All I want is...
"Dave it's Greg from The Castaways, 4 fish last night: 23, 34, 45, 52 for a total of 154"

I'll PM you my number
Dave that should work. I think there is cell service if I remember correctly.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I guess that will be happening at some point when your dreaming.
You can't even keep track of your eel bucket or jacket...
Old 05-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
Canalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post

Official S-B Sponsor