Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 05-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
tautog

Elton John

I'm not a huge fan but I really do like listening to his old songs. He lost me when he went from being just a piano/singer to a stage act.
I feel this might be one of his best works with Bernie Taupin and the band.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPI I cut my deck to the Queen of Spades, but the cards were all the same
tautog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Got some good tunes for sure. Amazing in an interview he said he never wrote a lyric in his life. He only does the music. Seen him only one time in "76" at Sullivan stadium. Probably the height of his career.
One of my fav's

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
striprman
Wishin' for fishin'

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Got some good tunes for sure. Amazing in an interview he said he never wrote a lyric in his life. He only does the music. Seen him only one time in "76" at Sullivan stadium. Probably the height of his career.
One of my fav's

July 4, 1976

That was a great show.

striprman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
joe the plumber

I saw that 76 show also.I saw him in Washington DC either just before or just after the Foxboro show.The atmosphere was electric!
Like him or not EJ was one of the greatist showman of our time.He and BT wrote songs for the ages.Long after we are gone artists will be re-recording his music.
I love all his albums thru Capt Fantastic,which is one of his most underated,then I think,he just could not top his earlier efforts.
joe the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Great show in 76, who else was on the card? I think Beach Boys and guy name John Miles if I am not mistaken. High fly I think was his hit. God if I can remember that I am doing pretty good as by 76 i was pretty well done and 12 sheets to the wind at that show.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 02-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus