Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 04-04-2023, 10:45 AM   #121
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Just to show how close together these houses are....there ll be a lot of fences going in....we will be done with the last six or seven in this subdivision by august....after that is uncertain
When I took that picture I was thinking how ridiculously close these houses are.......now I learned it's three feet too close to the lot line and probably will be demolished. Surveyor...excavator and form guys are all pointing fingers. I don't care.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 03:08 AM   #122
Rmarsh

The foundation that is three feet too close to the lot line will not be demolished after all.....instead an easement/variance has been applied for and expected to be approved in a few weeks. In the meantime it was discovered that another house has a basement entrance bump out that is two feet too close to the adjacent lot line and will have to be cut back.....foundation,walls, and roof.

No room for error on these tiny lots and someone (civil engineers)? keep screwing things up.
We got six more houses in this development to finish by labor day and then we're done with this #^&#^&#^&#^& show.

Tomorrow June 1....will be the 50th anniversary of the first day I started in the construction trade back in 1973!
Where did the time go?

Last edited by Rmarsh; 05-31-2023 at 03:19 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:12 PM   #123
spence

My old neighborhood a family put up a two story house I called the Hampton Inn because of the lack of windows. Completely blocked the water view of the neighbor up the hill. So they never had the permitting for the septic done right and had to install an above ground unit that overlapped the garage doors. Such half ass crap.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote