Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-19-2022, 12:18 PM   #601
Pete F.
Canceled

I don’t know why you’re so triggered about people not getting treatment, as Joe Manchin said about the government and voting:…the government will stand behind them to make sure they have a right to vote…We act like we’re going to obstruct people from voting. That’s not going to happen.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-19-2022, 01:18 PM   #602
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I don’t know why you’re so triggered about people not getting treatment, as Joe Manchin said about the government and voting:…the government will stand behind them to make sure they have a right to vote…We act like we’re going to obstruct people from voting. That’s not going to happen.
Roy Rogers horse was named Trigger. Everybody loved Trigger.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:28 PM   #603
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pretty much everybody who wants to vote, can vote, even dead people in democrat strongholds.

Lots of people can't get covid tests, lots of people with covid cant get treatments docs want to give them (monoclonal antibodies), because not enough exists.

Your side's concern over voter suppression is speculation. My concern over insufficient covid supplies, is a reality. It's happening.

The GA voting law that the left is going berserk over, allows more days of early voting than Bidens home state of Delaware. It also allows for excuse-free absentee ballots. where some liberal states make you provide a sufficient excuse to get an absentee ballot.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:38 PM   #604
Pete F.
Canceled

But it’s not true that in lots of cases, race is a factor in Covid testing or treatment
Old 01-19-2022, 03:45 PM   #605
Jim in CT

Quote:
But it’s not true that in lots of cases, race is a factor in Covid testing or treatment
It's also true that in some cases, it is a factor. And it shouldn't be. Race has no place in medical decisions.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:53 PM   #606
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It's also true that in some cases, it is a factor. And it shouldn't be. Race has no place in medical decisions.
But as Manchin said
Government will protect your rights🤡

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2022, 03:59 PM   #607
Jim in CT

Quote:
But as Manchin said
Government will protect your rights🤡
Liberals tend to believe that. Not sure why that's relevant, seems like an odd response.

Are you OK with giving treatment priority based on race? Thats the key question.

If you say "yes", how is that not racist against the races that get a lower priority?

Have fun with that, looking forward to your dodge.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:28 PM   #608
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Liberals tend to believe that. Not sure why that's relevant, seems like an odd response.

Are you OK with giving treatment priority based on race? Thats the key question.

If you say "yes", how is that not racist against the races that get a lower priority?

Have fun with that, looking forward to your dodge.
I didn’t pay much attention to your claims of victimization because someone was denied something somewhere.
Is it a continuing denial of whatever or has it been stopped?
What I read and heard was Trump claiming and one article citing another article citing a person.
Not a strong chain of custody for the truth.
Though there’s usually a grain in there

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2022, 05:53 PM   #609
Jim in CT

Quote:
I didn’t pay much attention to your claims of victimization because someone was denied something somewhere.
Is it a continuing denial of whatever or has it been stopped?
What I read and heard was Trump claiming and one article citing another article citing a person.
Not a strong chain of custody for the truth.
Though there’s usually a grain in there
so you’re denying it. fine with me, about what we all expected pete.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:38 PM   #610
wdmso

Supreme Court Rejects Trump Bid to Shield Capitol Attack Records From House Panel's Probe

Maga heads are exploding across the nation

But the Truth is they won’t believe a single document presented

It will be the usual deep state this hoax the SJC are weak bla bla bla
Old 01-19-2022, 09:45 PM   #611
Pete F.
Canceled

The Supreme Court ruling is likely to have a cascading effect on other lawsuits filed against the Jan. 6 select committee, which cited Trump's pending litigation as a crucial flashpoint in their own efforts.

The key line in the ruling: Trump would have failed even if he were the incumbent president.

The lone dissenter was a funder of the Stop the Steals husband.

This puts Meadows (and Bannon) in extra legal jeopardy. Their defense against contempt of Congress based in part on executive privilege claim.

(They may want to comply now saying were waiting for litigation resolution)
Old 01-20-2022, 09:43 AM   #612
scottw

Quote:
The Supreme Court ruling is likely to have a cascading effect on other lawsuits filed against the Jan. 6 select committee, which cited Trump's pending litigation as a crucial flashpoint in their own efforts.

The key line in the ruling: Trump would have failed even if he were the incumbent president.

The lone dissenter was a funder of the Stop the Steals husband.

This puts Meadows (and Bannon) in extra legal jeopardy. Their defense against contempt of Congress based in part on executive privilege claim.

(They may want to comply now saying were waiting for litigation resolution)

I'm rooting for you pete...
Old 01-20-2022, 10:58 AM   #613
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm rooting for you pete...
Obviously Pete wasn’t a Red Sox fan in the 90’s. He has such optimism
Old 01-20-2022, 11:28 AM   #614
Pete F.
Canceled

Never say never. I mean…I witnessed Donald Trump being elected President of the United States so…yea…Anything is possible.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:29 PM   #615
wdmso

The Trump electors gathered in plain sight, assisted by campaign officials and Trump attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani, who said publicly that the rival slates were necessary and appropriate. Internally, Giuliani oversaw the effort,

Say it ain’t so
Old 01-20-2022, 11:02 PM   #616
Pete F.
Canceled

The scope of the unfolding conspiracy is going to be massive.

This breadth of corruption results from a morally bankrupt and rotten mob. Absolute Fealty to the Dear Leader was the only requirement.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:04 PM   #617
Pete F.
Canceled

Another great aspect to the forgery cases. There are co-conspirators in five states; most of them will not be willing to face professional and personal ruin. And would be electors from two states who refused to play ball. Plenty of potential cooperating witnesses in other words.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:33 AM   #618
scottw

Quote:
Another great aspect to the forgery cases. .
pete...is anyone else aware of this forgery case?
Old 01-21-2022, 06:28 AM   #619
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
pete...is anyone else aware of this forgery case?
The co-chair of the Michigan GOP now says that she committed election fraud and felony forgery at the behest of the Trump campaign.

Time for some folks to go to jail.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2022, 06:32 AM   #620
Pete F.
Canceled

Actually it’s just one part of a conspiracy

Miller was a senior White House aide when he said this.

Interesting when you start looking at the "alternate" sets of electors as a part of a conspiracy to commit forgery and fraud to obstruct an official proceeding, rather than just crazy talk on Fox.

President Trump's allies are preparing to send an "alternate" slate of electors to Congress, senior White House adviser Stephen Miller said Monday, signaling Trump will drag out his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election even after the Electoral College certifies Joe Biden as the winner.

Miller, appearing on Fox News as a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, brushed off the idea that the Electoral College vote marked any kind of end to the process.

"The only date in the Constitution is Jan. 20. So we have more than enough time to right the wrong of this fraudulent election result and certify Donald Trump as the winner of the election," Miller said on "Fox & Friends."
Old 01-21-2022, 07:19 AM   #621
scottw

Quote:

Actually it’s just one part of a conspiracy

does this case get it's own wall in your basement?
Old 01-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #622
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
does this case get it's own wall in your basement?
He’s on his 3rd spool of red twine and he’s all out of push pins.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-21-2022, 12:44 PM   #623
Pete F.
Canceled

Sorry, but there are a lot of moving parts and evidence surfacing in a lot of different areas but they are all connected to one overarching goal: Keep Trump in power by subverting the counting of the electoral votes and preventing the transfer of power to Biden.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:35 PM   #624
Pete F.
Canceled

On Dec 27, 2020, Louis Gohmert filed a lawsuit against VP Pence, arguing there were "competing slates" of electors from Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin

Almost as if there was one big plan
Old 01-21-2022, 02:06 PM   #625
detbuch

Quote:
On Dec 27, 2020, Louis Gohmert filed a lawsuit against VP Pence, arguing there were "competing slates" of electors from Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin

Almost as if there was one big plan
Close enough.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:04 PM   #626
Pete F.
Canceled

Years ago I said, Everything Trump touches Dies and that he will destroy the Republican Party.
Looks like he did even better than Nixon at that.

Below is the draft order authorizing the seizure of voting machines by the military.

"That the draft executive order’s author knew about Memorandum 21 suggests they had access to sensitive government secrets..."

So the order was not the work of Trump hangers-on. It was written by or with the help of USG officials with clearances. Otherwise they would not have it.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...f-fff3fd720000
Old 01-21-2022, 03:33 PM   #627
scottw

Quote:

Years ago I said, Everything Trump touches Dies and that he will destroy the Republican Party.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	68703  
Old 01-21-2022, 03:34 PM   #628
Jim in CT

Quote:
Looks like he did even better than Nixon at that.

Below is the draft order authorizing the seizure of voting machines by the military.

"That the draft executive order’s author knew about Memorandum 21 suggests they had access to sensitive government secrets..."

So the order was not the work of Trump hangers-on. It was written by or with the help of USG officials with clearances. Otherwise they would not have it.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...f-fff3fd720000
the gop is dead? tell that to Gov McAuliffe, Pete.

what do you think would happen, if the midterms were today? honestly, i’m dying to know what you think would happen.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:23 PM   #629
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the gop is dead? tell that to Gov McAuliffe, Pete.

what do you think would happen, if the midterms were today? honestly, i’m dying to know what you think would happen.
So yet another Republican who doesn't believe in masks gets Covid..are Republicans this stupid..I mean really this stupid..Glenn Younkin gets Covid and Karma gets…..

Two years ago Joe Biden was busy getting crushed in early primaries. Now they play Hail To The Chief when he walks into the room. And anybody seriously wonders why he’s not worried about polls?

The midterms aren’t here and the average number of Americans filing for unemployment over the last four weeks is at its lowest level since 1969

The US is considered to be at full employment and employers are hiring. Lower paid Americans are being lifted up into higher paying jobs

Thanks Joe!

I guess you’re not paying any attention to what’s coming out in the J6 investigation

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2022, 04:46 PM   #630
scottw

Quote:

So yet another Republican who doesn't believe in masks gets Covid..are Republicans this stupid..I mean really this stupid..

The highly contagious Omicron variant will 'find just about everybody,' Fauci says,