Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-21-2022, 04:49 PM   #631
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Two years ago Joe Biden was busy getting crushed in early primaries. Now they play Hail To The Chief when he walks into the room. And anybody seriously wonders why he’s not worried about polls?

The midterms aren’t here and the average number of Americans filing for unemployment over the last four weeks is at its lowest level since 1969

The US is considered to be at full employment and employers are hiring. Lower paid Americans are being lifted up into higher paying jobs

Thanks Joe!

I guess you’re not paying any attention to what’s coming out in the J6 investigation
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
America saw brandon try to speak recently...they are still trying to undo the damage
Old 01-21-2022, 04:57 PM   #632
Jim in CT

Quote:
So yet another Republican who doesn't believe in masks gets Covid..are Republicans this stupid..I mean really this stupid..Glenn Younkin gets Covid and Karma gets…..

Two years ago Joe Biden was busy getting crushed in early primaries. Now they play Hail To The Chief when he walks into the room. And anybody seriously wonders why he’s not worried about polls?

The midterms aren’t here and the average number of Americans filing for unemployment over the last four weeks is at its lowest level since 1969

The US is considered to be at full employment and employers are hiring. Lower paid Americans are being lifted up into higher paying jobs

Thanks Joe!

I guess you’re not paying any attention to what’s coming out in the J6 investigation
you’re comparing a democratic primary to a general midterm. makes sense. i guess that’s better for you than, you know, answering the question.

biden’s not worried about polls? Biden is making fake
claims of racist voting laws,,and trying to undo the fillibuster which the democrats lived last year, in desperate response to the polls.

Well, Biden himself may. it be worried as he’s too busy soiling himself. His handlers are terrified, and with good reason.

Stock market Nd unemployment are in fine shape, but net wages declining because of insane inflation. inflation that the administration said was transitory and a high class problem.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:01 PM   #633
Pete F.
Canceled

Democrats on average gave Biden a “B+” for his overall job performance, compared to the “B” Republicans gave Trump in 2018. Republicans gave Biden a “D” this year, compared to the “F” Democrats gave the 45th president four years ago.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:05 PM   #634
Jim in CT

Quote:
Democrats on average gave Biden a “B+” for his overall job performance, compared to the “B” Republicans gave Trump in 2018. Republicans gave Biden a “D” this year, compared to the “F” Democrats gave the 45th president four years ago.
pete: biden is better than the worst president in history.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:29 PM   #635
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t tell Ronnie that

And by the way
A new poll shows 69% of Americans OPPOSE the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:56 PM   #636
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don’t tell Ronnie that

And by the way
A new poll shows 69% of Americans OPPOSE the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.
ronnie knows you think biden is better than trump.

i don’t expect to see that happen. but it’s not a political question, it’s constitutional. nowhere in the constitution could a rational person find justification for that being a federal issue. “search and seizure”? come on.

SCOTUS shouldn’t care about polls or popularity, only about constitutionality.

overturning roe, wouldn’t mean abortion is outlawed. it would
mean the states get to decide, which is where it should be decided. the constitution lists things that are federal issues, and specifies that everything else is a state issue. even if it ever gets overturned, many states would still offer it. not a huge deal.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:01 PM   #637
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don’t tell Ronnie that

And by the way
almost the same percentage (67%) that do t approve of Biden in Quinnipiacs latest poll.

so 69% is a lock to you, but 67% is meaningless. interesting logic there.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:34 PM   #638
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
The highly contagious Omicron variant will 'find just about everybody,' Fauci says,
A few weeks ago, I had it, my wife had it, my sister and husband had it, my niece and nephew had it, my sons girlfriend had it, and my father had it…..all vaccinated and some boosted.

But a republican didn’t wear a mask and got it….karma

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-22-2022, 11:27 PM   #639
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump's draft Executive Order for the Secretary of Defense to use the military to seize the voting machines was dated Dec. 16th. Then two days later Dec. 18th, the Pentagon stops briefing the Biden transition team. The coup d'etat was already in motion before January 6th
Old 01-24-2022, 08:36 AM   #640
wdmso

Quote:
Trump's draft Executive Order for the Secretary of Defense to use the military to seize the voting machines was dated Dec. 16th. Then two days later Dec. 18th, the Pentagon stops briefing the Biden transition team. The coup d'etat was already in motion before January 6th

Don’t worry Jim and circle of deniers here will just argue since Trump didn’t sign it Why are liberal afraid of an inanimate object
Old 01-24-2022, 10:38 AM   #641
wdmso

Christian nationalism is still thriving — and is a force for returning Trump to power

They believe that masks and vaccinations violate religious freedom, that the participants in the Jan. 6 capitol riot were proud patriots, and the Biden administration is evil and illegitimate

Christian nationalists believe that America is Christian and Trump is their best hope to keep it that way

I love this one

"Donald Trump represented what we stand for as a nation"
You go to flyover country and people have good moral values. They love the Lord and they want the best for the country. And that's what Donald Trump tapped into. That's what he represented."

Classic attack on the OTHERS !

But every other normal person in the World understand“ Trump is not a moral man. Americans You have known that since he Ran the 1st time! . but his supporters See Trump as General Maximus
Old 01-24-2022, 10:41 AM   #642
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Christian nationalism is still thriving — and is a force for returning Trump to power

They believe that masks and vaccinations violate religious freedom, that the participants in the Jan. 6 capitol riot were proud patriots, and the Biden administration is evil and illegitimate

Christian nationalists believe that America is Christian and Trump is their best hope to keep it that way

I love this one

"Donald Trump represented what we stand for as a nation"
You go to flyover country and people have good moral values. They love the Lord and they want the best for the country. And that's what Donald Trump tapped into. That's what he represented."

Classic attack on the OTHERS !

But every other normal person in the World understand“ Trump is not a moral man. Americans You have known that since he Ran the 1st time! . but his supporters See Trump as General Maximus
democratic governor of NY: “the gun did it.”

but let’s blame
christian nationalists, whoever they are, for everything!

one of the very few bright spots for biden was the stock market. Now that is acting up.

The german shepherd puppy he just got, will probably attack the british prime minister soon. everything, everything is coming un- glued.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:00 PM   #643
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
democratic governor of NY: “the gun did it.”

but let’s blame
christian nationalists, whoever they are, for everything!

one of the very few bright spots for biden was the stock market. Now that is acting up.

The german shepherd puppy he just got, will probably attack the british prime minister soon. everything, everything is coming un- glued.
Jim religion and politics are perfect
For conservatives like yourself

Both spewing Hypocritical nonsense in the name of GOD
Claiming they own the market in the name of morality…

Radical Islam and Christian nationalists are closer aligned then either will admit , in public anyhow
Old 01-24-2022, 04:42 PM   #644
wdmso

Georgia prosecutor granted special grand jury in probe of Trump’s efforts to overturn state’s election results

Let see who will refuse testify
Old 01-26-2022, 07:37 AM   #645
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Want a chuckle Wayne go watch Don’t Look Up on Netflix, a perfect spoof view of a Trump like administration, it’s classic.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:28 AM   #646
Jim in CT

Quote:

Radical Islam and Christian nationalists are closer aligned then either will admit , in public anyhow
radical muslims want to kill everyone who doesn’t obey their religion. please specify how christian nationalists are closely aligned with that. aim all ears.

STILL waiting for you to propose a hypothetical gun law that would have prevented those NYC cops from being murdered?
Old 01-29-2022, 09:01 AM   #647
wdmso

The Jan. 6 panel subpoenas 14 people in fake electors scheme tied to Trump
Old 01-29-2022, 09:02 AM   #648
wdmso

Quote:
radical muslims want to kill everyone who doesn’t obey their religion. please specify how christian nationalists are closely aligned with that. aim all ears.

STILL waiting for you to propose a hypothetical gun law that would have prevented those NYC cops from being murdered?

Last time I checked I wasn’t a lawmaker but if I was my idea would involve more than Just the word NO
Old 01-29-2022, 09:39 AM   #649
Jim in CT

Quote:
Last time I checked I wasn’t a lawmaker but if I was my idea would involve more than Just the word NO
so you support politicians who say more gun laws are the answer, but you can’t conceive of a hypothetical law that would have prevented that crime. which necessarily means, you cannot explain why you support those politicians, other than the fact that you believe everything said by everyone who has a D next to their name

now, can you justify york comment that christian nationalists are “closely aligned” with muslim radicals? or is that another thing you heard a democrat say, and therefore you blindly believe it?
Old 01-29-2022, 10:28 AM   #650
Pete F.
Canceled

UPDATE: “MAUS” NOW AN AMAZON BESTSELLER…
Old 01-29-2022, 10:56 AM   #651
detbuch

Quote:
UPDATE: “MAUS” NOW AN AMAZON BESTSELLER…
The Bible is a best seller. The world's number one best seller. Not sure that merely being a best seller qualifies for being part of public school curriculums.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:35 AM   #652
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The Bible is a best seller. The world's number one best seller. Not sure that merely being a best seller qualifies for being part of public school curriculums.
Perhaps if you don’t want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don’t.

Jimmy Carter

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 11:52 AM   #653
scottw

Quote:
Perhaps if you don’t want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don’t.

Jimmy Carter
some people say the stupidest things for political reasons....
Old 01-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #654
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
some people say the stupidest things for political reasons....
Some people say things they believe, unlike the supporters of the party of family values with the shining examples of Rapey McForehead, Herschel Walker, Eric Greitens, and Sean Parnell
Never mind the Trump family

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 12:37 PM   #655
scottw

Quote:

Rapey McForehead, Herschel Walker, Eric Greitens, and Sean Parnell

Old 01-29-2022, 12:53 PM   #656
Jim in CT

Quote:
Some people say things they believe, unlike the supporters of the party of family values with the shining examples of Rapey McForehead, Herschel Walker, Eric Greitens, and Sean Parnell
isn’t there a rape allegation against Biden? and liberal hero Bill Clinton? any reason why those don’t count, but you’re all worked up about allegations against republicans?
Old 01-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #657
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
isn’t there a rape allegation against Biden?
Last I knew you were claiming that was really going somewhere because Ronan Farrow was on the case……🦗🦗

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #658
detbuch

Quote:

Jimmy Carter
Help the poor to do what? To comfortably remain poor? What was Jesus's true concern? To make everyone equally comfortable? To make everyone materially equal? Did he want human government to solve all of humanity's needs and problems? Did he want a world in which there was no need for God?

Separating Christ's values from "Christian values" gives the lie to anyone who professes a secular government based on "Christian values."

Christ taught a charity that is personal, not governmental. Christ did not try to reform government, nor support movements that would make the government a means to solve the material needs of humanity.

When he said to give Caesar what was owed to Caesar, he did not tell us to give Caesar your soul. He did not tell us to become dependent on Caesar. Your soul, your essence, your fundamental self belongs to him, to God. No matter under what governmental system by which you happen to be ruled.

That is the true Christian value. And a true Christian would speak that message, not tell us to worship and depend on the manna given to us by a secular society.

I don't know how deeply felt were Jimmy Carter's Christian values. Nor even, how deep is the faith of most of those who profess to be Christians.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:05 PM   #659
Pete F.
Canceled

I suppose that because there wasn’t organized healthcare in Christ or the Founders time that doesn’t matter.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:10 PM   #660
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Help the poor to do what? To comfortably remain poor? What was Jesus's true concern? To make everyone equally comfortable? To make everyone materially equal? Did he want human government to solve all of humanity's needs and problems? Did he want a world in which there was no need for God?

Separating Christ's values from "Christian values" gives the lie to anyone who professes a secular government based on "Christian values."

Christ taught a charity that is personal, not governmental. Christ did not try to reform government, nor support movements that would make the government a means to solve the material needs of humanity.

When he said to give Caesar what was owed to Caesar, he did not tell us to give Caesar your soul. He did not tell us to become dependent on Caesar. Your soul, your essence, your fundamental self belongs to him, to God. No matter under what governmental system by which you happen to be ruled.

That is the true Christian value. And a true Christian would speak that message, not tell us to worship and depend on the manna given to us by a secular society.

I don't know how deeply felt were Jimmy Carter's Christian values. Nor even, how deep is the faith of most of those who profess to be Christians.
it fun when leftist atheists lecture Christians about being Christian,,,,it's like when white liberals lecture black folks about being black