Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-14-2022, 06:21 AM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Manafort, Davis, Gates, Deripaska, etc
No Russian projects
Lavrov and Kislyak in the Oval Office alone with Trump
Tearing up the notes after meeting with Putin in Helsinki
Every time you learn of another Russian war crime, remember Trump called Putin a genius and the invasion smart & Tucker Carlson said: "Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-14-2022, 09:30 AM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Manafort, Davis, Gates, Deripaska, etc
No Russian projects
Lavrov and Kislyak in the Oval Office alone with Trump
Tearing up the notes after meeting with Putin in Helsinki
Every time you learn of another Russian war crime, remember Trump called Putin a genius and the invasion smart & Tucker Carlson said: "Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am."
Bunch of factoids and insinuations. That's what you thrive on. The essence of propaganda.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:07 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Bunch of factoids and insinuations. That's what you thrive on. The essence of propaganda.
Just how is this insinuating something other than what he said

Tucker Carlson said: "Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-15-2022, 07:37 AM   #34
wdmso

More Fox host claim Biden is giving illegals baby formula while Americans suffer

Just another example of the lies and willingness to mislead their viewers with out actual factual information

When this is the Truth

Republicans Wrongly Tie Biden Immigration Policies to Baby Formula Shortage

A lawsuit settlement requires the federal government to provide water and food, including formula, to detained migrant children. The Trump administration also adhered to that requirement.

And it is unlikely that the amount of formula in stock at detention facilities would meaningfully ease the shortage.

But hey nothing sells like outrage in the GOP universe
Old 05-15-2022, 08:39 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More Fox host claim Biden is giving illegals baby formula while Americans suffer

Just another example of the lies and willingness to mislead their viewers with out actual factual information

When this is the Truth

Republicans Wrongly Tie Biden Immigration Policies to Baby Formula Shortage

A lawsuit settlement requires the federal government to provide water and food, including formula, to detained migrant children. The Trump administration also adhered to that requirement.

And it is unlikely that the amount of formula in stock at detention facilities would meaningfully ease the shortage.

But hey nothing sells like outrage in the GOP universe
and women are all going to die if Roe gets overturned. that’s the kind of accuracy we should
demand.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:23 AM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and women are all going to die if Roe gets overturned. that’s the kind of accuracy we should
demand.
Love to see the quote of who said that. Standing by
Old 05-15-2022, 03:37 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Meanwhile on Russian state TV: a parade of all-time favorites. Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, Tulsi Gabbard, Rand Paul, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-15-2022, 10:42 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Just how is this insinuating something other than what he said

Tucker Carlson said: "Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am."
Because, like the other factoids you mentioned along with this one, it is a triviality meant to imply something seriously bad (about Carlson with this one). Does it make him a racist or white supremacist to root for Russia? Is it some kind of dog whistle to inspire a bat$hit crazy to shoot a bunch of people? What's the context? Is it sarcasm or irony or seditious?

If you actually watch his program or videos of it, you can find thousands or millions of things he has said, many of which you may even agree with, but certainly statements that are against racism, anti-violence, against white supremacy, anti-fascist, anti-NAZI, anti-communist, anti-Putin, pro-peace, pro-democracy, pro-Constitution, pro-American, pro-Western liberal values, lots of pro-good stuff and anti-bad stuff. I don't know what to make of this one that you chose out of the many thousand possible ones, other than you're trying to make him look like a bad guy.

I have found the full context of several out of context quotes you've proffered before as supposedly evidence for something bad about someone (usually Trump) which turned out to be the opposite to what you tried to insinuate with the quote. So I'm not impressed by a selected quote from you. Especially when, llke this one, it provokes a "so what?"--or I don't really care without knowing more about it. On its face, knowing about all the other things he has said and stands for, it's a nothing burger.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:51 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Meanwhile on Russian state TV: a parade of all-time favorites. Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, Tulsi Gabbard, Rand Paul, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz.
Whoopie! Care to tell us when they appear on other broadcasts--non Russian ones--they do, you know (wonder what that implies about them). Or what they said on "Russian state TV"--will it provoke bat$hit crazies to shoot people? Is it anti-American? Seditious? Racist? No doubt you can select an out of context quote that you think makes them look bad--you're good at that kind of propaganda.

Oh . . . that's right . . . They appeared on RTV, so . . . ? Insinuation?
Old 05-16-2022, 04:23 AM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Because, like the other factoids you mentioned along with this one, it is a triviality meant to imply something seriously bad (about Carlson with this one). Does it make him a racist or white supremacist to root for Russia? Is it some kind of dog whistle to inspire a bat$hit crazy to shoot a bunch of people? What's the context? Is it sarcasm or irony or seditious?

If you actually watch his program or videos of it, you can find thousands or millions of things he has said, many of which you may even agree with, but certainly statements that are against racism, anti-violence, against white supremacy, anti-fascist, anti-NAZI, anti-communist, anti-Putin, pro-peace, pro-democracy, pro-Constitution, pro-American, pro-Western liberal values, lots of pro-good stuff and anti-bad stuff. I don't know what to make of this one that you chose out of the many thousand possible ones, other than you're trying to make him look like a bad guy.

I have found the full context of several out of context quotes you've proffered before as supposedly evidence for something bad about someone (usually Trump) which turned out to be the opposite to what you tried to insinuate with the quote. So I'm not impressed by a selected quote from you. Especially when, llke this one, it provokes a "so what?"--or I don't really care without knowing more about it. On its face, knowing about all the other things he has said and stands for, it's a nothing burger.
My prediction: Tucker Carlson and Republicans will double down on the white supremacist replacement theory this week.

Next you’ll claim that ackshully the great MAGA King is still President 🤡

Last edited by Pete F.; 05-16-2022 at 04:50 AM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-16-2022, 01:50 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
My prediction: Tucker Carlson and Republicans will double down on the white supremacist replacement theory this week.

There you go. Don't let an opportunity go to waste.
A white supremacist shoots black folks because of the theory gives you the opportunity to sneak in the notion that the theory is a white supremacist creation, ergo "the white supremacist replacement theory."
Except it wasn't created out of thin white racist air, it was an actual fact that was obvious even to Democrats who saw it as an opportunity to win elections for the foreseeable future, and said so.

Next you’ll claim that ackshully the great MAGA King is still President ��
OK. Put your money where your mouth is. Put a hundred bucks on it. I'll put a hundred on that I won't say that.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
OK. Put your money where your mouth is. Put a hundred bucks on it. I'll put a hundred on that I won't say that.
Poor boy, it’s pretty easy to not say something.

When you can’t win the war of ideas you resort to tribalism.

That’s what Great Replacement Theory is.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-16-2022, 04:52 PM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
Poor boy, it’s pretty easy to not say something.

It's easy to make statements that you don't have to back up.

When you can’t win the war of ideas you resort to tribalism.

Your tribe is good at that. On top of which you add on lying, labeling, posturing, insinuating, making innuendos, and stirring up destructive emotions with hateful rhetoric.

That’s what Great Replacement Theory is.
The Great Replacement Theory is actually facts based on observation which even Democrats have admitted.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:15 PM   #44
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Does this help you two in your battle royal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	451F5B15-3DFD-4D2A-8500-16B872A15788.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	68905  
Old 05-16-2022, 07:47 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Claiming “How DARE you accuse Tucker of promoting the white replacement theory that has motivated multiple mass killers?”…while being seemingly unaware of all the clips of him promoting the white replacement theory that has motivated multiple mass killers.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:26 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
Claiming “How DARE you accuse Tucker of promoting the white replacement theory that has motivated multiple mass killers?”…while being seemingly unaware of all the clips of him promoting the white replacement theory that has motivated multiple mass killers.
There you go again acting like a judge and jury about Carlson's motives and awareness. The so-called "replacement theory" in-so-far as Carlson expresses it, IS NOT ABOUT RACE. IT IS NOT ABOUT REPLACING WHITES WITH PEOPLE OF COLOR. IT IS ABOUT REPLACING PEOPLE WHO MIGHT NOT VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS FOR PEOPLE WHO WILL. It is not called, certainly not by Carlson, as you call it--"the white replacement theory." You, and the Dems, intentionally are making it about race in order to do their go to BS and accuse Carlson and Repubs of RACISM. It's called "the replacement theory" or "the great replacement theory," not "the white replacement theory." Just slip in the word white and make it racism. Propaganda.

Here is Carlson's own words, contrary to the words you want to put in his mouth:

Last edited by detbuch; 05-16-2022 at 08:31 PM..
Old 05-16-2022, 08:49 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
There you go again acting like a judge and jury about Carlson's motives and awareness. The so-called "replacement theory" in-so-far as Carlson expresses it, IS NOT ABOUT RACE. IT IS NOT ABOUT REPLACING WHITES WITH PEOPLE OF COLOR. IT IS ABOUT REPLACING PEOPLE WHO MIGHT NOT VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS FOR PEOPLE WHO WILL. It is not called, certainly not by Carlson, as you call it--"the white replacement theory." You, and the Dems, intentionally are making it about race in order to do their go to BS and accuse Carlson and Repubs of RACISM. It's called "the replacement theory" or "the great replacement theory," not "the white replacement theory." Just slip in the word white and make it racism. Propaganda.

Here is Carlson's own words, contrary to the words you want to put in his mouth:

the only one making race an issue was Biden, who said it’s a good thing that whites will be a minority soon.

But Tuckernis a racist for saying we should stop pigeonholing people
by skin color.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:45 AM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You guys are too funny, just who do you think Carlson is thinking is going to replace you and just exactly who do you think the you is? It's not black voters he is warning about getting their vote replaced and it's not white immigrants he is warning YOU about. Carry on with your circle jerk, it's amusing.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:57 AM   #49
wdmso

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-orbanization/

Keep thinking this isn’t happening on the right

But Orban’s influence and vision are not just restricted to Europe. The Hungarian prime minister and his ruling Fidesz party has become a prominent source of inspiration for American conservatives. Stephen K. Bannon, former adviser to President Donald Trump, described Orban’s nationalist agenda and rule as that of a “Trump before Trump.” A steady stream of conservative U.S. intellectuals have made their way to Budapest on sabbaticals and fellowships. Later this week, a major event of the Conservative Political Action Conference — the premier convening organization of the American political right — is slated to take place in Budapest.

Orban and a number of his lieutenants will address the meeting, along with a cast of Republican lawmakers, European far-right leaders and key figures from the U.S. right-wing media ecosystem. That includes a virtual appearance from Tucker Carlson,

Vance, also known for cheering Orban’s brand of nationalism, suggested in an interview with Vanity Fair that a Trump reelection in 2024 should prompt the start of a forced takeover of U.S. institutions, including universities. “I tend to think that we should seize the institutions of the left,” he said. “And turn them against the left. We need like a de-Baathification program, a de-woke-ification program.”
He added: “I think that what Trump should do, if I was giving him one piece of advice: Fire every single mid-level bureaucrat, every civil servant in the administrative state, replace them with our people.”

Yep And Democrats and liberals are a threat to American values lol
Old 05-17-2022, 08:17 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

You can fire a John Derbyshire and excommunicate a Steve King. But once someone reaches the stature of Tucker Carlson or Elise Stefanik, they must be vigorously defended because to do otherwise would acknowledge that the whole right-wing infrastructure is rotted to the core.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:48 AM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You guys are too funny, just who do you think Carlson is thinking is going to replace you and just exactly who do you think the you is? It's not black voters he is warning about getting their vote replaced and it's not white immigrants he is warning YOU about. Carry on with your circle jerk, it's amusing.
Getting votes replaced, regardless of color, is the key. Democrats understand this. They have said it. They understand that those coming from Central America will predominantly vote Democrat. This is why they predict red states will shift to blue because of the change in demographics that will occur with mass immigration from those countries. This is no secret. They say it out loud, gleefully, and in our faces. Republicans are not against people of color from Cuba immigrating here because they think those people will predominantly vote Republican.

It's about voting patterns not skin color. So, let immigrants come here LEGALLY, in more manageable numbers, and with skills that we need (as has all been done in the past), rather than illegally in massive numbers and with the expectation that they can remain here and become citizens, while those from other countries who apply legally can wait for years, if they're accepted at all.

Do it in that organized, handleable, legal way and let the chips fall where they may in voting patterns as the immigrants gradually get assimilated into American society and have a clearer picture of American politics and the actual consequences of their votes.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:50 AM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
You can fire a John Derbyshire and excommunicate a Steve King. But once someone reaches the stature of Tucker Carlson or Elise Stefanik, they must be vigorously defended because to do otherwise would acknowledge that the whole right-wing infrastructure is rotted to the core.
Carlson exposes the rotten core of left-wing infrastructure, so he must be canceled.
Old 05-17-2022, 10:08 AM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
He added: “I think that what Trump should do, if I was giving him one piece of advice: Fire every single mid-level bureaucrat, every civil servant in the administrative state, replace them with our people.”

I disagree. That doesn't go far enough. The administrative state needs to be fired.

Yep And Democrats and liberals are a threat to American values lol
The administrative state is a threat to American values. It pretty much crushes them. Progressives love the administrative state. They gave birth to it. Nourished it. And helped it grow into the massive monster that it is today. Too bad for America that they didn't abort it before they delivered it. But then they would not have the suffocating grip on this country that they tell us is for our welfare and freedom.
Old 05-17-2022, 10:35 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Well I suppose we could go back to being an agrarian society as we were in the 18th century.
That would greatly reduce immigration pressure, why leave Central America for a subsistence life in a colder climate.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:18 PM   #55
detbuch

Quote:
Well I suppose we could go back to being an agrarian society as we were in the 18th century.
That would greatly reduce immigration pressure, why leave Central America for a subsistence life in a colder climate.
And it would be good for the climate, and save the earth. Unfortunately, your suppositions tend to be ridiculous and way off the mark.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:36 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And it would be good for the climate, and save the earth. Unfortunately, your suppositions tend to be ridiculous and way off the mark.
And you have never provided the example of a successful libertarian society.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-17-2022, 06:29 PM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
And you have never provided the example of a successful libertarian society.
Didn't know that I was supposed to do so. I don't even know what you mean by "successful"?
Old 05-18-2022, 06:11 AM   #58
wdmso

More about the rights latest love affair 2000 mules

Trump's official spokesperson, Liz Harrington, said True The Vote "solved a murder of a young little girl in Atlanta. I mean, they are heroes." Fans of the film have echoed that message on social media.

That claim is false. Shocking

Authorities in Georgia arrested and secured indictments against two suspects in the murder of Secoriea Turner in August 2021.

In response to inquiries, True The Vote acknowledged it had contacted law enforcement more than two months later, meaning it played no role in those arrests or indictments.

And of course the gullible Cult is running around with this lie as validation of what’s in the movie. Shocking
Old 05-18-2022, 06:23 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
More about the rights latest love affair 2000 mules

Trump's official spokesperson, Liz Harrington, said True The Vote "solved a murder of a young little girl in Atlanta. I mean, they are heroes." Fans of the film have echoed that message on social media.

That claim is false. Shocking

Authorities in Georgia arrested and secured indictments against two suspects in the murder of Secoriea Turner in August 2021.

In response to inquiries, True The Vote acknowledged it had contacted law enforcement more than two months later, meaning it played no role in those arrests or indictments.

And of course the gullible Cult is running around with this lie as validation of what’s in the movie. Shocking
i even heard that a registered republican somewhere got a parking ticket. That party must be stopped.

You’re becoming schizophrenic.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:46 AM   #60
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i even heard that a registered republican somewhere got a parking ticket. That party must be stopped.

You’re becoming schizophrenic.
Was that before or after he curb-stomped a puppy and burned down an orphanage while firing his AK into the air and shouting racial epithets

They all do that you know

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."