Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-14-2022, 10:05 PM   #211
Pete F.
Canceled

You can hear the killer's arguments coming from the mouths of plenty of Republican Senate candidates.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-15-2022, 06:11 AM   #212
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The gunman is bat$hit crazy.
Coverage of mass shootings in this country almost always goes to the "lone wolf" trope, especially when the shooter is white. It's so important in this case to resist that framing, and be clear that the shooter is a white supremacist. And that his position is no longer fringe.

The clearest evidence that the strain white supremacy that was recently fringe is now mainstream is nearly 50% of Republicans agree with 'great replacement theory' which says white people are being deliberately and systemically replaced by minorities.

Tucker Carlson, Fox News in general, Brietbart, the MAGA crowd, the whole right-wing ecosystem that is essentially the mainstream GOP now spouts this stuff, which they know will spark violence.

So it's extremely important to not let the media or anyone run with a story of a lone wolf. He put out a manifesto. He drove for 3.5 hours. He had body armor. He was planned and deliberate in his white supremacist terror. Not mentally ill, or any of the excuses so often used.

And his case is not unique. From Kyle Rittenhouse to the horrific shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue to the awful Atlanta Spa mass shooting the right is growing more and more violent. And 'great replacement theory' is a key motivator of these shootings.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-15-2022, 06:54 AM   #213
wdmso

Over at white outrage HQ newsmaxs . They are all outraged this shooting has been labeled a hate crime

The excuses range from 2 whites were killed , or why isn’t black on black murder a hate crime, and Thinning the herd

And my favorite

Let's review;
Manifesto-check
Known to be a whacko-check
Illegally purchased gun-check
Too young to own gun-check
Didn't care about laws-check
Told people his plans-check
No one bothered to stop him-check

Seems to be a set up-check Mid term false flag operation

But but baby formula .

PS which is controls by 4 companies

But it’s some how a government issue ? Lol

Last edited by wdmso; 05-15-2022 at 07:40 AM..
Old 05-15-2022, 08:57 AM   #214
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Coverage of mass shootings in this country almost always goes to the "lone wolf" trope, especially when the shooter is white. It's so important in this case to resist that framing, and be clear that the shooter is a white supremacist. And that his position is no longer fringe.

The clearest evidence that the strain white supremacy that was recently fringe is now mainstream is nearly 50% of Republicans agree with 'great replacement theory' which says white people are being deliberately and systemically replaced by minorities.

Tucker Carlson, Fox News in general, Brietbart, the MAGA crowd, the whole right-wing ecosystem that is essentially the mainstream GOP now spouts this stuff, which they know will spark violence.

So it's extremely important to not let the media or anyone run with a story of a lone wolf. He put out a manifesto. He drove for 3.5 hours. He had body armor. He was planned and deliberate in his white supremacist terror. Not mentally ill, or any of the excuses so often used.

And his case is not unique. From Kyle Rittenhouse to the horrific shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue to the awful Atlanta Spa mass shooting the right is growing more and more violent. And 'great replacement theory' is a key motivator of these shootings.
This is the kind of crazy rhetoric that can lead to violence. Hopefully, you are fringe--though, you are more mainstream Progressive than the shooter is mainstream Republican.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:26 AM   #215
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Over at white outrage HQ newsmaxs . They are all outraged this shooting has been labeled a hate crime

The excuses range from 2 whites were killed , or why isn’t black on black murder a hate crime, and Thinning the herd

And my favorite

Let's review;
Manifesto-check
Known to be a whacko-check
Illegally purchased gun-check
Too young to own gun-check
Didn't care about laws-check
Told people his plans-check
No one bothered to stop him-check

Seems to be a set up-check Mid term false flag operation

But but baby formula .

PS which is controls by 4 companies

But it’s some how a government issue ? Lol
who, exactly, said thinning the herd?
Old 05-15-2022, 11:20 AM   #216
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
who, exactly, said thinning the herd?
Jim do some foot work go pull up newsmax and click on the comments of the story.. there’s 5 thousand of them and counting. and see for yourself what’s being said. it s a white nationalist convention..

Last edited by wdmso; 05-15-2022 at 07:39 PM..
Old 05-15-2022, 03:19 PM   #217
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This is the kind of crazy rhetoric that can lead to violence. Hopefully, you are fringe--though, you are more mainstream Progressive than the shooter is mainstream Republican.
Remember when Trump celebrated a known war criminal? Remember when the whole right celebrated Rittenhouse? These are all steps leading up to an unapologetic embrace of killers like the one in Buffalo. Woulda been unthinkable not long ago, but now ... it's thinkable.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-15-2022, 07:39 PM   #218
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim do some foot work go pull up newsmax and click on the comments of the story.. there’s 5 thousand of them and counting. and see for yourself what’s being said it a white nationalist convention..
that’s funny. because you asked
me to provide a link into
my claim!

oh, it was a comment on a newsmax story! well that speaks for app the GOP.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:55 PM   #219
Pete F.
Canceled

Support for abortion rights has reached a record high (60%) and nearly two-thirds of Americans oppose the Supreme Court overturning Roe, according to a new @NBCNews poll.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:13 PM   #220
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

So now polls matter?
Old 05-15-2022, 11:16 PM   #221
detbuch

Quote:
Remember when Trump celebrated a known war criminal? Remember when the whole right celebrated Rittenhouse? These are all steps leading up to an unapologetic embrace of killers like the one in Buffalo. Woulda been unthinkable not long ago, but now ... it's thinkable.
I remember the attempt to frame Rittenhouse. He was right to be celebrated, the way he stood up to the bat$hit crazy lefties who tried to kill or do serious damage to him, and the way he stood up to the prosecution that must have known their case against him was BS meant to satisfy the leftist social justice mob.

Sane people do not kill a bunch of people because of what you ask if I remember.

The bat$hit crazy Antifa's and BLM's and Critical Race theories practiced in public schools woulda been unthinkable in this country not long ago, but now they're a fact.

And trying to frame a sitting President as a seditious conspirer against this country with an anti-American foreign government woulda been unthinkable here not long ago, but now is a fact.

Impeaching a President twice in his one term merely in order to claim he was impeached twice woulda been unthinkable here not long ago, but now is a fact.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:38 AM   #222
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I remember the attempt to frame Rittenhouse. He was right to be celebrated, the way he stood up to the bat$hit crazy lefties who tried to kill or do serious damage to him, and the way he stood up to the prosecution that must have known their case against him was BS meant to satisfy the leftist social justice mob.

Sane people do not kill a bunch of people because of what you ask if I remember.

The bat$hit crazy Antifa's and BLM's and Critical Race theories practiced in public schools woulda been unthinkable in this country not long ago, but now they're a fact.

And trying to frame a sitting President as a seditious conspirer against this country with an anti-American foreign government woulda been unthinkable here not long ago, but now is a fact.

Impeaching a President twice in his one term merely in order to claim he was impeached twice woulda been unthinkable here not long ago, but now is a fact.
So, vigilantism is now ok in America, the radicalization of the Boston bombers by consumption of jihadist propaganda & resulting terror attack is different than the radicalization of the Buffalo shooter by white supremacy champions like Carlson? Or do we not call it terrorism if the murderer is white?
Next you roll people who stand against fascism, millions of legitimate protesters and CRT into an impossibility.

Let me get this straight…you oppose Critical Race Theory because it makes you out to be a White Supremacist but you believe in Great Replacement Theory because you’re worried about preserving White Supremacy?

Is this a sneak peek of the 2024 GOP platform?

Well I guess you just need to stand back and stand by

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-16-2022, 10:29 AM   #223
detbuch

Quote:
So, vigilantism is now ok in America, the radicalization of the Boston bombers by consumption of jihadist propaganda & resulting terror attack is different than the radicalization of the Buffalo shooter by white supremacy champions like Carlson?

Here you go again. Your usual. Stating what you assume are facts because you assume so. I have not seen credible evidence that Carlson is a white supremacy champion. This claim that the replacement theory is about race, that it's racist, is nonsense. It, at least for Tucker, and for me, is about political power--votes--not about race. That's why the Dems have been less than mildly favorable towards immigration, legal or not from Europe, especially Eastern Europe like Poland because they typically vote Republican. And why they are vociferously for legal or illegal immigrants from south of our border who have overwhelmingly voted Democrat (except Dems are not so big on immigrants from Cuba, who tend to vote Republican).

The "Replacement" theory has been noted and championed by Dems and non-whites long before Carlson spoke on it. A few examples:

Peter Beinart wrote in the Atlantic (a left leaning publication) that "Between 2008 and 2016, Democrats became more and more confident that the country’s growing Latino population gave the party an electoral edge. To win the presidency, Democrats convinced themselves, they didn’t need to reassure white people skeptical of immigration so long as they turned out their Latino base."

“The fastest-growing sector of the American electorate stampeded toward the Democrats this November,” Salon, a far leftist publication, declared after Obama’s 2008 win. “If that pattern continues, the GOP is doomed to 40 years of wandering in a desert.”

Walter Williams, a BLACK economist said " Carlson is correct on why the Democrats want to make illegal immigrants citizens (the lust for political power)"

Democrat former HUD Secratary once said "In a couple of presidential cycles, you’ll be on election night, you’ll be announcing that we’re calling the 38 electoral votes of Texas for the Democratic nominee for president. It’s changing. It is going to become a purple state and then a blue state because of the demographics, because of the population growth, of folks from outside of Texas.

Or do we not call it terrorism if the murderer is white?
Next you roll people who stand against fascism, millions of legitimate protesters and CRT into an impossibility.

Uhhh . . . I stand against fascism. I think Progressivism is fascist. are you rolling folks like me into an impossibility? Don't know WTF you're talking about.

Let me get this straight…you oppose Critical Race Theory because it makes you out to be a White Supremacist but you believe in Great Replacement Theory because you’re worried about preserving White Supremacy?

I oppose CRT because it is racist hogwash. It makes you out to be a White Supremacist. Are you. It essentializes race. Race is irrelevant for me, other than being a concept.

Is this a sneak peek of the 2024 GOP platform?

Well I guess you just need to stand back and stand by
No doubt you will frame it that way. You already have. I don't need to stand back or stand by.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:30 AM   #224
wdmso

Liz Cheney says GOP leadership has enabled white nationalism

Let's hear the excuses on How shes Wrong ,
Old 05-16-2022, 11:32 AM   #225
wdmso

Gov. Ricketts: Nebraska Will 'Do More to Protect Preborn Babies' If Roe Overturned

How the goal posts keep moving
Old 05-16-2022, 11:59 AM   #226
Jim in CT

Quote:
Gov. Ricketts: Nebraska Will 'Do More to Protect Preborn Babies' If Roe Overturned

How the goal posts keep moving
But he can't do it (not for long) if his constituents WANT it, or they vote him out. Do you have ANY idea how our government works.

And if you're going to move the goalposts, he can do it all day as far as I'm concerned, if he's moving them to protect the unborn.

And shouldn't you be OK with more protections, as far as viable babies are concerned? You're insisting a baby is a human being at viability, doesn't that mean you think abortion is murder after viability?
Old 05-16-2022, 12:02 PM   #227
Jim in CT

Quote:
Liz Cheney says GOP leadership has enabled white nationalism

Let's hear the excuses on How shes Wrong ,
Liz Cheney is on the outs. She's wrong.

Explain why a white nationalist would be in favor of school choice, would get black unemployment to the lowest ever (and would celebrate that fact, while democrats were crying over that fact), would pass criminal justice reform, would increase funding for black colleges?

I have no idea what's in Trumps heart. But his policies did more for American blacks, than any president in my lifetime, by far.
Old 05-16-2022, 01:53 PM   #228
Pete F.
Canceled

Make no mistake the sentence in Nebraska will last longer for the rape victim than the rapist.

Host Dana Bash then asked the Nebraska governor if that would apply to cases of rape or incest.

“They’re still babies, too,” Ricketts said. “Yes, they’re still babies.”
Old 05-16-2022, 02:43 PM   #229
wdmso

But he can't do it (not for long) if his constituents WANT

Jim do you hear you’re self

Same thing is happening in Russia it happen in Germany in the 40s is happening now in America

Just because your constituents want discrimination rigged elections. Bans on gays and Transgender I guess it’s ok to you ? and if you think a white nationalist would be in favor of school choice, would get black unemployment to the lowest . ever . Really Jim you’re part of the problem you are in denial. The GOP is not the same as it once was! Your boy saw to that ..

At least Liz has the honesty to admit these Truths.. maybe it’s Time other so called Republicans should do the same. But they won’t until their mob turns on them
Old 05-16-2022, 02:45 PM   #230
Jim in CT

Quote:
But he can't do it (not for long) if his constituents WANT

Jim do you hear you’re self

Same thing is happening in Russia it happen in Germany in the 40s is happening now in America

Just because your constituents want discrimination rigged elections. Bans on gays and Transgender I guess it’s ok to you and if you think Explain why a white nationalist would be in favor of school choice, would get black unemployment to the lowest ever you’re part of the problem you are in denial. The GOP is the same as it once was!

At least Liz has the honesty to admit these Truths.. maybe it’s Time other si called Republicans should do the same
who’s banning gays, exactly?

you didn’t explain why a white supremacist would
be in favor of school
choice and other things that help blacks?

trump is an anti semite? you know his daughter and her husband are jewish, right? w”

how come liz cheney did t say exactly who the racists are?

all you got, is baseless charges of racism.

hey, here’s a case where democrats were caught trying to gerrymander district lines in NY. It appears it isn’t only the gop that kicks their ball onto the fairway when it suits them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dra...rutal-for-dems

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-16-2022 at 03:00 PM..
Old 05-16-2022, 03:00 PM   #231
Jim in CT

Quote:
The GOP is not the same as it once was! Your boy saw to that ..

correct. the GOP no longer sits there politely while democrats call us racists and homophones and xenophobes. That’s what Bush, McCain, and Romney did. Now, if the left throws a cheap
elbow, we throw one back.

I know the left isn’t used to getting a dose of their own medicine. Better get used to it.

If the gop is the party of white supremacists, why do polls show Hispanics are making a meaningful
shift to the right?

The most important number in november, by far, is the % of hispanics that vote for republicans. If the polls are remotely correct, and maybe they aren’t, the hispanic block could be making a big shift to the right. That would be a catastrophe for your side.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:08 PM   #232
Jim in CT

as to the tragedy where 10 were murdered by a loathsome racist in buffalo.

Chicago is averaging 11.3 murders per week so far in 2022 ( 204 murders through May 15).

These ten victims will
get a million times more press coverage. Because unlike garden variety urban violence, this shooting is a political
winner for the left.

i’m not saying the. Buffalo shooting shouldn’t be covered - it should. But the holocaust that’s happening i. our cities shouldn’t be swept under the rug, but it is. Because that story doesn’t help democrats win electiions.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:25 PM   #233
Pete F.
Canceled

Christian hate-preacher Greg Locke told the people in his Tennessee tent church today, "You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation!"

He later threatened Democrats watching him, "You ain't seen [an] insurrection yet."

If this guy was a Muslim Imam in a Middle Eastern Country, we'd already be dropping a cruise missile on his ass.

Religious nuts, foreign OR domestic, engaged in active war against the United States are all the same.

Old 05-16-2022, 04:44 PM   #234
detbuch

Quote:
Christian hate-preacher Greg Locke told the people in his Tennessee tent church today, "You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation!"

He later threatened Democrats watching him, "You ain't seen [an] insurrection yet."

If this guy was a Muslim Imam in a Middle Eastern Country, we'd already be dropping a cruise missile on his ass.

Religious nuts, foreign OR domestic, engaged in active war against the United States are all the same.

This vicious hate filled post is the kind of rhetoric that spurs bat$hit crazies to kill folks and make violent protests.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:49 PM   #235
Jim in CT

Quote:
This vicious hate filled post is the kind of rhetoric that spurs bat$hit crazies to kill folks and make violent protests.
i agree with that preacher, i can’t see any devout christian voting democrat at the moment.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:32 PM   #236
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
[QUOTE=Pete F.;1226825]So, vigilantism is now ok in America

Sounds like you condone thousands of thugs looting stores & other businesses, burning cities to the ground.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 05-16-2022, 07:34 PM   #237
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i agree with that preacher, i can’t see any devout christian voting democrat at the moment.
Since Jesus is trending, a reminder that the bible says Jesus was a brown-skinned Jewish man who fed the poor, housed the homeless & welcomed the stranger (yes, even the illegal ones!)

If you’re going to call yourself “Christian”, then act like him.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-16-2022, 07:37 PM   #238
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie;1226860]
Quote:
So, vigilantism is now ok in America

Sounds like you condone thousands of thugs looting stores & other businesses, burning cities to the ground.
No, it sounds like I believe in the rule of law, not someone with a gun being judge and jury.
The difference is important

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-16-2022, 07:59 PM   #239
detbuch

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1226862]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

No, it sounds like I believe in the rule of law, not someone with a gun being judge and jury.
The difference is important
Rittenhouse believes in the rule of law. Self defense is legal. He was not convicted of breaking any law.

Yet, you seem to be a judge and jury about him being a vigilante. You sound like an authoritarian, not like a believer in the rule of law.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:09 PM   #240
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=detbuch;1226864]
Quote:

Rittenhouse believes in the rule of law. Self defense is legal. He was not convicted of breaking any law.

Yet, you seem to be a judge and jury about him being a vigilante. You sound like an authoritarian, not like a believer in the rule of law.
If you travel across state borders out of your normal residence, bring a weapon and claim to be defending you’re a vigilante.
Spin it as you see fit

Lets Go Darwin