Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-27-2022, 12:35 PM   #1
Jim in CT

biden bits new low in NBC poll

doing awful with hispanics.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...c-opinion-poll
Old 03-27-2022, 01:18 PM   #2
Jim in CT

but no worries, biden says “economic strategy is working.”

when you claim Putin caused all
the inflation, i suppose one could
believe that

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...igh-oil-prices
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-27-2022, 02:10 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
when you claim Putin caused all
the inflation, i suppose one could
believe that
Sure, when did he say this?
Old 03-27-2022, 03:13 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sure, when did he say this?
if you google “administration blames putin inflation”, you’ll see many examples of biden and his staff equating inflation with putin, as if there was no inflation until this war.

what you won’t see anywhere, is biden admitting that insane federal spending under the last 4 presidents, all but guaranteed that we’d see awful inflation. you won’t hear him say that, anywhere, ever. because most politicians can’t ever take responsibility, and Pudding Brain certainly falls into that category.

Unfortunately for him, the folks ain’t buying it.

Biden: Putin can’t stay in power. Oh, did you misinterpret that as my saying Putin can’t stay in power? Yes he can stay in power. You took it out of context. Can i go take a nap now?
Old 03-27-2022, 03:38 PM   #5
spence

I found quotes of Biden saying Putin is a big factor of gasoline inflation, but nothing like you, as usual, misrepresented.
Old 03-27-2022, 04:59 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
I found quotes of Biden saying Putin is a big factor of gasoline inflation, but nothing like you, as usual, misrepresented.
did you find any of biden saying that he contributed to it?
Old 03-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
here’s biden saying that government spending absolutely isn’t a factor in inflation.

the AP says it’s not true.

Biden: “inflation had nothing to do with me, blame putin. and trump. and racists.”. america sees that for the lie it is.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...2b6f2a4b0d201f

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-27-2022 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-27-2022, 06:10 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
here’s biden saying that government spending absolutely isn’t a factor in inflation.

I thought this thread was about Russia?
Old 03-27-2022, 06:23 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
I thought this thread was about Russia?
nope. i started the thread, read the title, it’s about biden tanking even in liberal polls. refusal to admit responsibility is one reason why.

but i get why you’d feign confusion when faced with what you’re facing right now.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:48 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Biden's net approval rating in 538's average has been higher than Trump's was on every single day of his presidency yet the press is obsessed with his lack of popularity and doesn't seem to have any interest in interviewing Biden supporters who love him in diners.

And the GOP's 2-point lead in the generic ballot polling is tiny compared to the Dems' at this point in 2018 and yet I don't recall the same narrative of certain doom for Republicans.

Guess it doesn’t sell
Old 03-28-2022, 08:06 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Biden's net approval rating in 538's average has been higher than Trump's was on every single day of his presidency yet the press is obsessed with his lack of popularity and doesn't seem to have any interest in interviewing Biden supporters who love him in diners.

And the GOP's 2-point lead in the generic ballot polling is tiny compared to the Dems' at this point in 2018 and yet I don't recall the same narrative of certain doom for Republicans.

Guess it doesn’t sell
trump, trump, trump, TRUMP!!!

Trump got killed at re election. so if i’m biden, i don’t know how comforting it is to know that i’m not quite as bad as the guy who i clobbered.

But Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2022, 08:10 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:

Biden: “inflation had nothing to do with me, blame putin. and trump. and racists.”. america sees that for the lie it is.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...2b6f2a4b0d201f

Biden last year signed a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package known as the American Rescue Plan — and many economists say that caused inflation to run higher than it otherwise would. There are multiple sources for inflation including global supply chain issues, the pandemic, stimulus from the Federal Reserve and, now, the Russian war in Ukraine.

There’s always more to the story
Not just ButBut Biden
Old 03-28-2022, 08:13 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Biden last year signed a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package known as the American Rescue Plan — and many economists say that caused inflation to run higher than it otherwise would. There are multiple sources for inflation including global supply chain issues, the pandemic, stimulus from the Federal Reserve and, now, the Russian war in Ukraine.

There’s always more to the story
Not just ButBut Biden
i never, ever, ever said it was just Biden. Many factors, including Putin. so i don’t have a clue who you’re responding to, but it’s clearly not me.

But no one in the biden administration is saying they contributed to it. that’s the issue. and america sees it for the lie that it is.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:16 AM   #14
wdmso

Odd I searched Jim’s Biden quote Biden: “inflation had nothing to do with me, blame putin. and trump. and racists.”. america sees that for the lie it is. And found no match’s just saying
Old 03-28-2022, 08:17 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Odd I searched Jim’s Biden quote Biden: “inflation had nothing to do with me, blame putin. and trump. and racists.”. america sees that for the lie it is. And found no match’s just saying
it wasn’t a direct quote einstein, it was funny.

but can you show me one example of Biden admitting that his spending was one factor that contributed to inflation? biden has said putin helped cause inflation, has biden admitted to any other causes?

the buck stops with someone else!!

if the spending was covid relief, why give big checks to so many people that were not impacted by covid, in any way?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-28-2022 at 08:32 AM..
Old 03-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #16
wdmso

Quote:
i never, ever, ever said it was just Biden. Many factors, including Putin. so i don’t have a clue who you’re responding to, but it’s clearly not me.

But no one in the biden administration is saying they contributed to it. that’s the issue. and america sees it for the lie that it is.

i never, ever, ever said it was just Biden.

your correct Jim you never say anything specific .. it's always masked in suggestion or innuendo...

Then you get defensive when we draw a logical conclusion
Old 03-28-2022, 02:22 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
i never, ever, ever said it was just Biden.

your correct Jim you never say anything specific .. it's always masked in suggestion or innuendo...

Then you get defensive when we draw a logical conclusion
you’re demonstrably wrong. i’ve repeatedly said specifically that there are inflation forces that biden has zero control over, like surging demand for oil
once we come out of covid

biden is saying it’s not his fault at all ( after saying it was transitory, then saying it was a good thing.)

his polling shows what america thinks of his belief that he did nothing to contribute to inflation.

i’m not defensive, merely pointing to another dismal poll from yet another left leaning outlet. why would
i get defensive over what i consider to be good news?

maybe you do t know what it means to get defensive. i’m spiking the football, not getting defensive.

Old 03-28-2022, 07:48 PM   #18
Jim in CT

in the last few days…

Biden says Putin can’t remain in power.

Biden said if russia uses chemical
weapons, “we’d respond in kind.”. the president said we’d use chemical weapons against russians

Then he told the 82nd airborne all
the things they’d see in Ukraine “when you’re over there.”

That’s 72 hours. We’ll be lucky if he doesn’t gaffe us into WWIII.

He no longer knows what he’s saying.