Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-31-2022, 05:23 PM   #721
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
trumps Texas rally

The former president also dangled pardons for Jan. 6 rioters and urged his throngs of supporters to descend on New York, Washington or Atlanta for street protests if he is convicted of crimes in ongoing investigations, intimations of support for violence that within hours

But Biden’s the threat to America
Says Republicans Lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so for now, you’re saying street protests are bad?
Old 02-01-2022, 06:06 AM   #722
scottw

I wonder if these leftist media outlets collude in any way?????

USA TODAY former president dangled the prospect of pardons

MSNBC At Trump's Texas rally, dangled pardons

USNEWS Trump is dangling the prospect of pardons

ABC News Donald Trump is dangling the prospect

TIME.com Donald Trump is dangling the prospect of pardons

Esquire and dangled impunity for people

CBS News Trump dangles prospect of pardons

CNN Trump teases a presidential run and dangles pardons

LA Times Trump is dangling the prospect of pardons
Old 02-01-2022, 07:08 AM   #723
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well, just look at the size of the guy's hands
Old 02-01-2022, 09:55 AM   #724
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so for now, you’re saying street protests are bad?
You 3 should go to lunch with this one you’ll fit right in

Greene to Newsmax: Trump's Jan. 6 Pardon Comment 'Music to My Ears'
Old 02-01-2022, 10:16 AM   #725
wdmso

Trump: 'Unselect Committee' Should Investigate Pence, Pelosi

So pathetic to watch the Unselect Committee of political hacks, liars, and traitors work so feverishly to alter the Electoral College Act so that a Vice President cannot ensure the honest results of the election, when just one year ago they said that 'the Vice President has absolutely no right to ensure the true outcome or results of an election,'

Still lying tru his Teeth ,
Old 02-01-2022, 10:38 AM   #726
Pete F.
Canceled

Try and make it complicated
Barr refuses & resigns. DHS is a no. With new post-election appointees at DoD, all former living SecDefs write an Op-Ed demanding hands off & even Rudy agrees. So who keeps it moving-soliciting, attempting & conspiring to overthrow the election? The guy tearing up the records.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:46 AM   #727
Jim in CT

Quote:
You 3 should go to lunch with this one you’ll fit right in

Greene to Newsmax: Trump's Jan. 6 Pardon Comment 'Music to My Ears'
Are politically-motivated protests always bad? Or only when Republicans do it? Seems like a simple question.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:16 AM   #728
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Try and make it complicated
Barr refuses & resigns. DHS is a no. With new post-election appointees at DoD, all former living SecDefs write an Op-Ed demanding hands off & even Rudy agrees. So who keeps it moving-soliciting, attempting & conspiring to overthrow the election? The guy tearing up the records.
reading pete's posts is like watching Curse of Oak Island....hope they find something
Old 02-01-2022, 01:33 PM   #729
wdmso

Some records sent to Jan. 6 committee were torn up, taped back together — mirroring a Trump habit
The National Archives confirmed Trump’s unusual habit of ripping up documents, which forced aides to attempt to piece them back together in order to comply with the Presidential Records Act.

Of course no respect for the office AMERICA 1st LOL its always been Trump 1st
Old 02-01-2022, 01:34 PM   #730
wdmso

Quote:
Are politically-motivated protests always bad? Or only when Republicans do it? Seems like a simple question.
you're playing stupid again ?! Id say its Shocking but its expected
Old 02-01-2022, 02:01 PM   #731
Jim in CT

Quote:
you're playing stupid again ?! Id say its Shocking but its expected
i’m asking a pretty obvious question, which you are unable to respond to.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:25 PM   #732
Pete F.
Canceled

What a surprise

I’m starting to think the guy who wouldn’t show his taxes, medical records, biz records, school records, and tore up every White House doc he touched might be trying to hide something.

Last edited by Pete F.; 02-01-2022 at 09:34 PM..
Old 02-02-2022, 07:13 AM   #733
Jim in CT

Quote:
What a surprise

I’m starting to think the guy who wouldn’t show his taxes, medical records, biz records, school records, and tore up every White House doc he touched might be trying to hide something.

if it’s true that he considered having the military seize voting machines in disputed states with zero evidence they were tampered with, that should be enough for no rational person to support him.

i really, really, really don’t want him to run again. I believe no one else on the planet could have defeated Hilary in 2016, and in doing so he helped move scotus away from being a group of activists willing to ignore the constitution when they felt like it. that’s a good legacy.

Time for him to go. Preferably far away.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:46 AM   #734
wdmso

On this we agree

However the faithful regardless of the evidence

Will Take to the streets at his beckoned call not for the county or to protest legislation

But because Trump told them to do it , just like He did Jan 6th .

Trump thinks just like like Hugo Chávez And Nicolás Maduro

Dictatorships are often characterised by some of the following: suspension of elections and civil liberties; proclamation of a state of emergency; rule by decree; repression of political opponents; not abiding by the rule of law procedures, and cult of personality.

Trump checks all these Boxes
Old 02-02-2022, 07:51 AM   #735
scottw

Quote:

On this we agree

Will Take to the streets at his beckoned call not for the county or to protest legislation

Dictatorships are often characterised by some of the following: suspension of elections and civil liberties; proclamation of a state of emergency; rule by decree; repression of political opponents; not abiding by the rule of law procedures, and cult of personality.

you are aware of the fact that trump is not the president...right?
Old 02-02-2022, 08:29 AM   #736
Jim in CT

Quote:

On this we agree

there are people
who will defend him no matter what. as a republican that saddens me.

there are others who will burn buildings to the ground and loot stores because they’re told cops are the enemy.

there’s a lot of thoughtlessness out there.

i don’t choose to be a republican because i think the average republican voter is morally superior to the average liberal voter. I’m a republican because if you compare what each side honestly, truly stands for, i like the GOPs platform
better.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:42 AM   #737
scottw

Quote:

"a majority of Democrats embrace restrictive policies, including punitive measures against those who haven’t gotten the COVID-19 vaccine.

55% of Democratic voters would support a proposal for federal or state governments to fine Americans who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Democratic voters would favor a government policy requiring that citizens remain confined to their homes at all times, except for emergencies, if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines.

Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

47% of Democrats favor a government tracking program for those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine allowing governments using digital devices to track unvaccinated people to ensure that they are quarantined or socially distancing from others.

Twenty-nine percent (29%) of Democratic voters would support temporarily removing parents’ custody of their children if parents refuse to take the COVID-19 vaccine.

President Biden’s strongest supporters are most likely to endorse the harshest punishments against those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine."
Old 02-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #738
Jim in CT

Quote:

so does Biden. You just can’t/won’t see it because you like him.

Under Biden, a declaration of
emergency resulted in churches being closed because public gatherings were dangerous, but BLM riots were allowed to continue and liquor stores could stay open. There have been mandates to get medicine injected into your body ( interesting from democrats who on the issue of abortion, claim that individuals have the right to make their own medical decisions). and democrats are absolutely all about censoring those with whom they disagree. that happens constantly. that’s what “cancel culture” is.

not abiding by rule of law? how many prominent democrats have been seen violating mask mandates, including the hysterical photo of a maskless Biden in a Nantucket store standing behind a sign that says masks required. ask the folks whose homes and businesses were burned by BLM in the summer of love, if democrats embrace the rule
of law? which side is dedicated to sanctuary cities, the sole purpose of which is to protect illegal immigrants from deportation, AFTER they’ve committed additional
crimes here. that’s supporting the rule of law?

there’s good and bad on both sides. but you can’t concede that.

repressing political
opponents? what was biden doing, when he told blacks that “republicans want to put y’all back in chains?”

your side made up rape allegations against a supreme court justice who is the second coming of Ward Cleaver. they did it, because they didn’t like his politics.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:17 AM   #739
scottw

polls are fun...
Survey says: U.S. voters consider FBI Biden’s ‘personal Gestapo’
January 6, 2022
Old 02-02-2022, 10:25 AM   #740
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
polls are fun...
Survey says: U.S. voters consider FBI Biden’s ‘personal Gestapo’
January 6, 2022
of course you would point to a survey from this source if fits perfectly into the world of the MAGA cult

National Survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters

Conducted December 29-30, 2021
By Rasmussen Reports

1* Do you have a very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable or very unfavorable impression of the FBI?

2* Is Christopher Wray a better or worse FBI director than most of those who held the job before him? Or is his performance about the same?

3* Is the FBI director influenced by the president in his decision-making, or is he truly independent of the administration?

4* Do you agree or disagree with this statement: There is "a group of politicized thugs at the top of the FBI who are using the FBI … as Joe Biden‘s personal Gestapo?”? wow no Bias in that question

Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #741
wdmso

Quote:
so does Biden. You just can’t/won’t see it because you like him.

Under Biden, a declaration of
emergency resulted in churches being closed because public gatherings were dangerous, but BLM riots were allowed to continue and liquor stores could stay open. There have been mandates to get medicine injected into your body ( interesting from democrats who on the issue of abortion, claim that individuals have the right to make their own medical decisions). and democrats are absolutely all about censoring those with whom they disagree. that happens constantly. that’s what “cancel culture” is.

not abiding by rule of law? how many prominent democrats have been seen violating mask mandates, including the hysterical photo of a maskless Biden in a Nantucket store standing behind a sign that says masks required. ask the folks whose homes and businesses were burned by BLM in the summer of love, if democrats embrace the rule
of law? which side is dedicated to sanctuary cities, the sole purpose of which is to protect illegal immigrants from deportation, AFTER they’ve committed additional
crimes here. that’s supporting the rule of law?

there’s good and bad on both sides. but you can’t concede that.

repressing political
opponents? what was biden doing, when he told blacks that “republicans want to put y’all back in chains?”

your side made up rape allegations against a supreme court justice who is the second coming of Ward Cleaver. they did it, because they didn’t like his politics.
Its sad Jim you need to go on a rant about Biden and your imaginary foolish red herring comparisons

But with Trump you just post "its Time for him to go. Preferably far away"

Yep Bidens a bigger threat to America than Trump is that what your trying to Say .. or are you back to they both do it
Old 02-02-2022, 11:03 AM   #742
Jim in CT

Quote:
Its sad Jim you need to go on a rant about Biden and your imaginary foolish red herring comparisons

But with Trump you just post "its Time for him to go. Preferably far away"

Yep Bidens a bigger threat to America than Trump is that what your trying to Say .. or are you back to they both do it
it wasn’t a biden rant. it was a rant about you sometimes getting it right when you criticize the gop, but never being able to see flaws in the left.

the things i pointed out, what did i “imagine”? what did i say bay wasn’t true?

i never came close to saying that biden is a bigger threat than trump. never came close to saying it.

But here’s the hard math. The january 6th rioters killed zero people. Quite a few were killed in the summer of love.

that may change. if it does, i’ll
admit it.

I said trump needs to go far away. maybe it would make you happier if i said i think we should burn him
to death once and for all? what more do you want?

Biden has trampled on liberties, the courts have said so with his
mandates.

Liberals are way more likely to want to censure political opponents than conservatives

and your side didn’t like Kavanaughs personal
politics, so they tried to ruin his life.

Make that one wrong.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:12 AM   #743
scottw

Quote:

of course you would point to a survey from this source if fits perfectly into the world of the MAGA cult

well....obviously
Old 02-02-2022, 11:14 AM   #744
scottw

Quote:

Bidens a bigger threat to America than Trump
this is accurate....
Old 02-02-2022, 11:41 AM   #745
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it wasn’t a biden rant. it was a rant about you sometimes getting it right when you criticize the gop, but never being able to see flaws in the left.

the things i pointed out, what did i “imagine”? what did i say bay wasn’t true?

i never came close to saying that biden is a bigger threat than trump. never came close to saying it.

But here’s the hard math. The january 6th rioters killed zero people. Quite a few were killed in the summer of love.

that may change. if it does, i’ll
admit it.

I said trump needs to go far away. maybe it would make you happier if i said i think we should burn him
to death once and for all? what more do you want?

Biden has trampled on liberties, the courts have said so with his
mandates.

Liberals are way more likely to want to censure political opponents than conservatives

and your side didn’t like Kavanaughs personal
politics, so they tried to ruin his life.

Make that one wrong.
The FBI closed its extended background check of Kavanaugh after four days and did not interview either Blasey Ford or Kavanaugh. The FBI also disclosed to the Senate this June – two years after questions were initially asked – that it had received 4,500 tips from the public during the background check and that it had shared all “relevant tips” with the White House counsel at that time. It is not clear whether those tips were ever investigated.
The FBI said in its letter to two senators – Sheldon Whitehouse and Christopher Coons – that the FBI did not have the authority under the 2010 MOU at the time to “unilaterally conduct further investigative activity absent instructions from the requesting entity”. In other words, the FBI has said it would have required explicit instructions from the Trump White House to conduct further investigation under the existing 2010 guidelines on how such investigations ought to be conducted.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #746
scottw

Quote:
The FBI closed its extended background check of Kavanaugh after four days and did not interview either Blasey Ford or Kavanaugh. The FBI also disclosed to the Senate this June – two years after questions were initially asked – that it had received 4,500 tips from the public during the background check and that it had shared all “relevant tips” with the White House counsel at that time. It is not clear whether those tips were ever investigated.
The FBI said in its letter to two senators – Sheldon Whitehouse and Christopher Coons – that the FBI did not have the authority under the 2010 MOU at the time to “unilaterally conduct further investigative activity absent instructions from the requesting entity”. In other words, the FBI has said it would have required explicit instructions from the Trump White House to conduct further investigation under the existing 2010 guidelines on how such investigations ought to be conducted.
maybe they would have uncovered some russian collusion....
Old 02-02-2022, 12:05 PM   #747
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
maybe they would have uncovered some russian collusion....
or that he drank beer once in high school.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #748
Pete F.
Canceled

Actually they would have found that he was as described at Yale if they interviewed some of the 4000 reports they received instead of turning them over to the White House.
Now back to how Trump was never convicted
Old 02-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #749
detbuch

Quote:
Actually they would have found that he was as described at Yale if they interviewed some of the 4000 reports they received instead of turning them over to the White House.
Now back to how Trump was never convicted
We always can count on Pete persuading us with powerful suppositions which might possibly come close enough to actually being true.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:17 PM   #750
wdmso

Ohio secretary of state finds 27 potentially illegal votes

out of 6 million Cast

Investigation finds only 475 cases of potential voter fraud in battleground states won by Biden looks like there is no issue with voter integrity . unless your a republican?

But for the Cult 475 case proves voter fraud exist and their conspiracy it proven

but voter Fraud looks like this

A Wisconsin man who mistakenly thought he could vote while on parole.

A woman in Arizona suspected of sending in a ballot for her dead mother.

A Pennsylvania man who went twice to the polls, voting once on his own behalf and once for his son.

There was no widespread, coordinated deceit... but dont tell Republicans or Trump fans just more fake news