Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 02-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
ThomCat

Everybody wants in!!!!

Now ocho-cinco, Cinncinati's resident loud mouth-malcontent/multi-talented reciever wants to climb aboard the New England Express (i.e. steamroller)Remember when players were always trying to get out of N.E. and the Sox were famous for 25 players-25 cabs???? WINNING YEAH, YEAH,THAT'S THE TICKET!

Catch'em up,
ThomCat
ThomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
zacs
D'oh

i would LOVE to see ocho-cinco in a pats uni.

i don't think anyone is currently wearing 85....

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacs View Post
i would LOVE to see ocho-cinco in a pats uni.

i don't think anyone is currently wearing 85....

You mean they didn't retire it when Julius Adams was finished?

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Once again the voice of reason speaketh, SK!

This guy is the Second Edition of TO and cut from the very same
too much amazing talent and way too little concept of team first cloth. Very gifted and prolly the new Randy Moss, but let's let someone else pay him for 2 to 4 more years so he can GROW UP! Then, Stallworth will be older, #81 will be ready to retire, his money will be less, and perhaps this azzClown will have matured enuff to come into the fold .

Besides, i'd rather see us spend the kind of money Ocho-Punko would command on a couple of top shelf free agent LB's/CB/S that would better fill our '08 needs. Depending, of course, which way Bill goes with the Draft.

And if The Coach does deem bringin' El Freakshow Cinco worthy, then i'm sure he'll have a very good reason for it and some kind of safety net in place. Just doan see this bum, as he's currently wired, being a good fit for the long haul .

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
wrikerjr

he said he wants to be in dallas also
wrikerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #6
Backbeach Jake

Remember what they used to say about Moss? Peer pressure can be an amazing thing when your peers are driven for excellance. I actually heard Moss discuss his role on the team. Not caring how many passes he was thrown. Acknowledging that triple covering him causes a lot of touchdowns on the other side of the center. Everyone wants to fit in. Especially when you work with winners. I think that ocho-cinco would come around nicely.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #7
zacs
D'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
Remember what they used to say about Moss? Peer pressure can be an amazing thing when your peers are driven for excellance. I actually heard Moss discuss his role on the team. Not caring how many passes he was thrown. Acknowledging that triple covering him causes a lot of touchdowns on the other side of the center. Everyone wants to fit in. Especially when you work with winners. I think that ocho-cinco would come around nicely.
EXACTLY

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #8
wrikerjr

even when cinci was good, 85 was still a problem. i don't think the patriots will take on a project like him, i don't think jerry jones would do it.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #9
ThomCat

No worries, crisis averted. Today he wants to play for Carolina.
Perennial Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson of the Cincinnati Bengals told WFNZ-AM's Mark Packer that he'd love a chance to play for the Panthers. "Definitely," Johnson told the radio station at the Super Bowl. The man who calls himself "Ocho Cinco" went on to say of being reunited with former junior college teammate and current Panthers star receiver Steve Smith, "Hey, (numbers) 89 and 85 equals Super Bowl." It's no secret Johnson wants out of Cincinnati. He made the rounds up and down radio row in Phoenix, telling radio personalities from across the country that he'd love to bring his game to their city. -- Gaston Gazette

Catch'em up,
ThomCat
ThomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #10
wrikerjr

there is only 1 thing ocho cinco knows that he wants, actually two things - money and the camera on him at all times.

I would love to see Steve Smith on the Patriots, that would be sick.