Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-05-2021, 06:10 AM   #1
Rmarsh

dartmouth shellfishing

My wife loves gathering quohogs.....just enough for our own use...so I paid the $75 for a non-resident shellfishing license.......no map was provided to show where it is allowed. Looked online and found a map showing a spot ive gone to many times before to dig as "open". Still wasnt sure so I called the Harbormaster several times to check with him.....all I got was a recorded message saying if it was an emergency to cal 911. So we go ahead and start getting a few......and what do you know the harbormaster shows up in his skiff....and rudely informs us the area is closed and its a $100 fine each and that we should leave before he calls the police. I asked nicely ...where are the signs?...what area is open? and why does he not answer his phone?. He didn't like the questions......he seems like a real jerk. Rant over
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

https://www.town.dartmouth.ma.us/sit...llfish_map.pdf

This map? Seems easy enough to get him called out on... Was it Melo who confronted you?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:10 AM   #3
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
https://www.town.dartmouth.ma.us/sit...llfish_map.pdf

This map? Seems easy enough to get him called out on... Was it Melo who confronted you?

Ross....that is the area..... I saw a different map of the same location two weeks ago that showed the hatched area Iwas in "unrestricted"......it could be that it is open now? I called the town last week to ask and they said only open outside the breakwater? Any idea when inside will open? "Nope"
I dont know him but he was a bit hostile...threatening to call police on two law abiding senior citizens.....
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 11:44 AM   #4
Guppy
User

That’s a better map than they give us around here…

They are now known as Environmental Resource Officers around here, but hasn’t changed their almighty attitude…. LOL

I mostly only go in cold weather,,,, the better beds open then and less chance of getting sick… :-(
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote