Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Golf Clubs

Bag, 3-PW Tommy Armour 845s Silverscots, Callaway Hawk Eye 10 degree driver, Callaway 3 and 5 wood Big Bertha models, all in good condition $125.

Tight lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Golf Clubs.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	15971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clubs.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	15972  
Old 06-24-2006, 07:34 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

One more picture

Putter included also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Woods.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	15973  
Old 07-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Need to free up space, how about $100.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That's a Great Deal....to bad I'm a Lefty

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #5
Adam R

GS,
Where are you located? I'm interested in them.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I'm in Duxbury, but travel to work in Hanover and into Boston routinely on business, so I could set up a meet or a round of golf on a weekend. I try to play every weekend in the area.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
CAL
I need spring!

My buddy plays those irons. You can't beat that price. That's a helluva deal.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:44 AM   #8
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

where does the reel fit on?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #9
Adam R

Salty,
I've got to do something when the sun is up!

GS, check PM's.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #10
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
One of those drivers costs more than that. But it gets too hot on the course in my waders....

Used hard and put away dirty....
Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #11
"uffah!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelecstasy
One of those drivers costs more than that. But it gets too hot on the course in my waders....
Poke holes in the waders for air to get in!!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #12
Adam R

I spend enough time in the water hazards to stay cool. They really need to move the sand bunkers next to the water to make us feel at home.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #13
tobias

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

A warning to those that look to buy from Bob Sirois (Got Stripers), BE CAREFUL!!!

Chain of events:

- Thursday(7/14) – PM Bob my cell phone # and tell him I’ll meet him at his office on Monday to pick up the clubs for Adam.
- Thursday(7/14) – I get a PM from Bob and he says he’ll be in the office all day Monday and if I want to pick them up, let him know and he’ll send me the address.
- Thursday(7/14) – I send a PM to Bob to forward the address so I can pick them up on Monday.
- Monday comes and goes and hear nothing from Bob.
- Tuesday(7/18) – Get a PM from Bob and he says he was offline all weekend and didn’t see my PM and gives me his work and cell # so we can arrange a date and time for pickup.
- Thursday(7/20) – Call him in the evening on his cell phone to make arrangements and I get the bad news! He sold them to someone else!

He tells me I waited to long to contact him. He’s had my number since last Thursday and I made every effort to try and meet up with him on Monday to pick up the clubs but he didn’t give me his work address. If you guys think I’m at fault, please let me know because I feel like I’ve been SCREWED! I was just trying to do a friend a favor and pick up the clubs for Adam since he’s down in Connecticut and I live a half hour from Bob. I guess the two days I waited to call him was too long! It took him five days to get back to me! So BUYER BEWARE!!! I can throw out expletives but I’ll wait to see Bob in person and say it to his face!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:47 PM   #14
Slammer223

I'll take it.PM me for details.I live on Cape Cod.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #15
Skitterpop

Probably got an offer he could`nt refuse....

Last edited by Skitterpop; 07-21-2006 at 09:10 AM..

Good health and family
Old 07-21-2006, 08:47 AM   #16
fishsmith
DDG-51

tobias - sorry to hear you had a bad time, but I got a toro lawnmower (still running strong) and adjustable workbench for the price of $0, because he posted here anything that doesn't sell at his yardsale will be free.
At his yardsale, I bought a mint cond penn squidder and a chitload of rubber and hooks for $40.

You win some and you lose some, but Got Stripers is ok in my book.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #17
Adam R

Win some lose some?
He agreed to sell it to me, Tobias was going to pick it up this week (Monday originally).
By GS's lack of response, I'm guessing the were sold last weekend or he didn't have them in the first place.
GS made a deal, then screwed me.
Glad you made out well Fishsmith, but this ain't right!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #18
fishsmith
DDG-51

You haven't lost any money, so you didn't get that screwed.
Golf sucks anyway, you'll save more by not having them.
You know they golf, 'golf' ?

all the other 4 letter words have been taken.

I'm not looking for a battle, but he's got longevity here at SB and has done far more good than bad.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

1. No money changed hands.
2. No check was received.
3. No phone call was received to set up an exchange.
4. You had my cell for several days.

Don't worry about buying from me, after your pissy attitude on the phone last night and this post, I'd give the clubs away before you could buy them.

You snooze you loose, heah I've got a really good cheese shop locally, it will go really good with your whine.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #20
tobias

Hey Bob when did you send me your #? This Tuesday? You had my # since last Thursday and I sent PM's to get your address to pick up the clubs but you never responded. You finally PM me on Tuesday, a day after I told you I would come down to pick them up. I've got a copy of all the PM's that went back and forth so we know who's the A$$!

Pissy attitude, I call you two days after you send me your # and you tell me there sold. You had my # five days before you responded. Answer me this, when did you sell them, before or after you sent me your # on Tuesday?

Last edited by tobias; 07-21-2006 at 06:01 PM..
Old 07-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Let me get this right, I'm giving away a deal, with a brand new bag and I have to chase you down by phone to give this away for a song. Wake up and grow up, this is a yard sale, someone drops by my yard sale and says they are interested they better be back soon with the cash. I'm way to busy to be chasing anyone down, you had my number and I received no call. I did however receive a call from another interested party the same day I finally heard from you; guess who wins in that yard sale exchange.....first one to show me the money. I'd like to say I'm sorry, but this isn't some commercial enterprise, E-bay or anything closely resembling that....it's a frieking yard sale. Not only that pick up the want ads or go to any pro shop and I guarantee you can find the same deal, I bought this same set used 2 years ago for $150 (less bag) at the Braintree Municipal golf course. Stop your whining and go shopping and remember.....keep your head steady and your swing smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias
Hey Bob when did you send me your #? This Tuesday? You had my # since last Thursday and I sent PM's to get your address to pick up the clubs but you never responded. You finally PM me on Tuesday, a day after I told you I would come down to pick them up. I've got a copy of all the PM's that went back and forth so we know who's the A$$!

Pissy attitude, I call you two days after you send me your # and you tell me there sold. You had my # five days before you responded. Answer me this, when did you sell them, before or after you sent me your # on Tuesday?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:44 PM   #22
tobias

Are you delusional? To refresh your memory:

GS & Andy,
Can you guys arrange to meet to pick up the clubs?
Thanks,
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers
Yeah I get down there every winter to fish the Thames, but if you want to have someone pick them up, I can arrange to meet them sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam R
I'd like to buy them. I'm in Connecticut about 5 minutes from Mohegan Sun. Do you ever get out this way?
Another option - Andy Tobias said he could pick them up for me, he's in the Boston area.
I could mail you the money or mail it to Andy to give to you.
Let me know how you'd like to do this.
Thanks,
Adam

Quote:
GS - My cell # is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Give me a call so we can arrange a meeting so I can pick up the clubs. How about Monday?

Andy

I will be in the office all day in Hanover MA, if you want to pick them up there let me know and I'll send the address.

Quote:
Please send the address and I'll try to get down there on Monday afternoon.

Andy

Sorry I was offline all weekend and didn't see this, best bet is to call me at work 781 xxx-xxxx or my cell 617 xxx-xxxx and we can work out a date and time.

You can't even remember, the clubs aren't even for me, they were for Adam. Plus, I wouldn't play those irons anyways. And you giving golf advice, PLEASE!

The fact is you made an a verbal agreement to someone and didn't keep it! I'm done with you! I'm not wasting my time!
Old 07-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #23
Squid kids Dad

I'm going where I'm going...
Old 07-22-2006, 04:49 AM   #24
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Damn I turned the AC down and it feels just like winter in here
Old 07-22-2006, 07:35 AM   #25
protty31
Love em and leave em

This is awesome They should have charged admission Crap, I forgot the candy
Old 07-22-2006, 08:09 AM   #26
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers
Let me get this right, I'm giving away a deal, with a brand new bag and I have to chase you down by phone to give this away for a song. Wake up and grow up, this is a yard sale, someone drops by my yard sale and says they are interested they better be back soon with the cash. I'm way to busy to be chasing anyone down, you had my number and I received no call. I did however receive a call from another interested party the same day I finally heard from you; guess who wins in that yard sale exchange.....first one to show me the money. I'd like to say I'm sorry, but this isn't some commercial enterprise, E-bay or anything closely resembling that....it's a frieking yard sale. Not only that pick up the want ads or go to any pro shop and I guarantee you can find the same deal, I bought this same set used 2 years ago for $150 (less bag) at the Braintree Municipal golf course. Stop your whining and go shopping and remember.....keep your head steady and your swing smooth.

Nothing like being a man of your word,

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
Old 07-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #27
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Enough already! I have spoken with Tobias this morning to explain how it all went down with Bob and me. He and I are on the same page. It's over..... midol and timeouts for everyone!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

For the record, the only verbal agreement I had was with nightfighter, since he is the only one who took the time to call me. Countless times had someone posting they wanted something I've got up for sale and then they never follow up. It's happened twice in the past month alone, I'm not waiting around on a post promise and I'm not chasing anyone. Sorry you feel screwed, but I think you did it to yourself, you had my number Tuesday and someone else got me on the phone first to seal the deal. Until you get me on the phone, it's meaningless, sorry you snooze you loose.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:02 PM   #29
Skitterpop

Damnnnnnnnnnn

and i wanted the ball washer

Good health and family
Old 07-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #30
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I'm outta butter
Closed Thread