Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #91
spence

More oops.
http://www.businessinsider.com/wall-...ampaign=buffer
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
More oops.
http://www.businessinsider.com/wall-...ampaign=buffer
But why does it only offend you when conservatives lie? How about displaying a tiny speck of intellectual honesty here?
Old 11-07-2015, 03:27 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Kinda like you guys defending bush and company for the Iraq war. Lots of lies were told back then.
Those claims are for the tin foil hat crowd. Bush (like most in DC) was wrong about WMDs in Iraq. Being wrong, and knowingly lying, are not the same.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #94
Nebe

No one lied about the Iraq war??? Lmao !!!!!
Old 11-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
No one lied about the Iraq war??? Lmao !!!!!
Bush didn't lie. If he lied us into a war, why didn't Congress (controlled by Reid and Pelosi) impeach him?

Say what you want about the man's policies. He's not a scumbag. That family is made up of Clinton and Kennedy anti-matter.

There has been no proof, offered by anyone sane, that he lied.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #96
PaulS

How many lies has Carson got caught in so far? It is tough to keep track of.

Teabaggers will prob. give him record donations this week.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #97
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How many lies has Carson got caught in so far? It is tough to keep track of.

Teabaggers will prob. give him record donations this week.
How about you help us out by listing some of the lies and explain how you personally seem to know so much about teabagging. Teabagging seems more of the type of thing Bill Clinton would have experience with.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:36 PM   #98
PaulS

"Got offered a scholarship to West Point", his story about the class he took at Yale, his denying he had a relationship with the nutritional company, his saying he wanted to kill someone. How is that to start? I'm sure there are prob. more.

I read the paper so I read lots about the teabaggers.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:34 PM   #99
ecduzitgood
time to go

I will have to do some research that's quite a list. I assume you are referring to the Phoenix when you say read the paper since I don't recall seeing teabagging in any news papers. I am just uninformed I guess.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:06 AM   #100
scottw

Quote:

"Got offered a scholarship to West Point", there is no evidence that this did not occur

his story about the class he took at Yale, again, what evidence indicates this did not occur?, I read the story, seems like another media rush and conclusion without much investigation, I'd like to see more

his denying he had a relationship with the nutritional company, what exactly was the "relationship"

his saying he wanted to kill someone. I'd like to kill someone right now

How is that to start? you forgot his other claims of suppressed violent tendencies that the media concluded never occurred after having talked to no one ever involved

I'm sure there are prob. more. I'm sure you're sure

it's remarkable the low standard of evidence to convict a black man.... who happens to be a Republican.... in the minds of some, while ignoring mounds and decades of evidence to protect their white candidate...roles reversed I suspect the'd be some serious charges of racism involved

Paul appears to be struggling to contain and control his "hate"...Eben's perpetual relativist dismissal that "all politicians in the world lie" has gone missing...which i guess makes it a dismissal of political convenience...and Spence continues to prove that his feigned indignation lives on a 1 way street....

it's going to be quite amusing to watch some folks twist themselves into pretzels over then next year and beyond...particularly if the Republicans happen to assume power and take all of the liberties that the dems and their supporters have bestowed upon themselves

Last edited by scottw; 11-08-2015 at 07:59 AM..
Old 11-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Got offered a scholarship to West Point", his story about the class he took at Yale, his denying he had a relationship with the nutritional company, his saying he wanted to kill someone. How is that to start? I'm sure there are prob. more.

He posted the syllabus for the Yale class, on his website.

His saying he wanted to kill someone? You mean when he claimed he wanted to stab someone? How do we know that was a lie? I'm not saying it's good if true, but that has not been proven false.

The press either needs to calm down, or they need to do the same to everyone. Hilary said in some speeches when she was first lady of Arkansas, that right after she moved to Arkansas to be with Bill, she went to a Marine Corps recruiter to enlist in the Marines, and the recruiter told her they weren't interested. Raise your hand if you believe that one.

People exaggerate, tell tall tales, and lie. If we are going to hold politicians accountable for these things, and I think we should, we should do it consistently.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:59 AM   #102
scottw

Quote:

more oops...

instead of reading about teabaggers you might read the syllabus for the Yale class that Carson has provided which he says he took but that never existed according to the media...he's also provided the school newspaper clipping detailing the hoax regarding the burning of the tests for that class that the media also contends never occured...

also the recruiting poster from West Point aimed a black students and mentioning "full scholarships" which are never offered

i understand that the media has been trying to compile a list of lies from the Clinton's Memoirs but the final text was larger than the current US Tax code
Old 11-08-2015, 09:02 AM   #103
Nebe

Does he believe in the rapture ? And what will happen if he thinks this will happen while he is in office ?

This is a serious question.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #104
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
more oops...

instead of reading about teabaggers you might read the syllabus for the Yale class that Carson has provided which he says he took but that never existed according to the media...he's also provided the school newspaper clipping detailing the hoax regarding the burning of the tests for that class that the media also contends never occured...

also the recruiting poster from West Point aimed a black students and mentioning "full scholarships" which are never offered
And the "proof" that he lied about his violent tendencies? CNN asked some people that knew Carson 50 years ago, and they didn't remember him having violent tendencies.

Is that "proof" that he didn't feel violent urges? That certain people didn't recall it that way? Gimme a break.

With liberals, it's almost never, ever about policy. It's always about personal attacks. They are scared sh*tless of this guy, just like they were with Palin, so they are foaming at the mouth to destroy him.

Carson said that he would not have invaded Afghanistan after 09/11. If he believes that, he loses my vote. Most people think his flat-tax policy would leave us big-time short of revenue.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
Does he believe in the rapture ? And what will happen if he thinks this will happen while he is in office ?

So a Christian is more scary, then someone who spent his entire life in the church of Black Liberation Theology, whatever the hell that means.

These questions don't get asked of liberals who claim to be religious.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #106
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So a Christian is more scary, then someone who spent his entire life in the church of Black Liberation Theology, whatever the hell that means.
I assume you're referring to the Trinity United Church of Christ?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:33 AM   #107
spence

More oops

http://www.freewoodpost.com/2015/11/...a-small-child/
Old 11-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
I assume you're referring to the Trinity United Church of Christ?
Anyone can put the word Christ in the name of the Church. It's what's taught, that defines a religion. Wright's flock, every single one of them who genuinely believes him, is a white-hating anti-Semite. That doesn't line up well with the teachings of Christ.

You 'oops' , about the class at Yale, was baseless as it turns out. And you still haven't explained to any of us, why Hilary's lies don't say as much about her, as Carson's say about him. When will you address that, so I know when to check back?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #109
spence

You mean the evil liberal Wall Street Journal report? Says who?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #110
Jim in CT

Quote:
You mean the evil liberal Wall Street Journal report? Says who?
Yes, the Wall St Journal is right-leaning. But they blew that story. Carson has posted the syllabus to the class, and he has posted an article from the Yale paper at the time, which described the incident he refers to.

Yeah Spence, you really nailed Carson on that one.

Oops!!

Let's put the yellow journalism aside, and talk about the issues for two seconds?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #111
Jim in CT

Liberal thought...Let's see...Carson has operated in babies in the womb, so obviously he has a great deal of credibility when he says that what's in there, is a lot more than a meaningless glob of cells. We cannot begin to debate him on this, or anything else, so let's find all the dirt we can, throw wild accusations up against the wall, and pray (as if we ever pray) that enough sticks to derail his candidacy.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #112
spence

If the clipping is true it only shows that the hoax occurred, but also contradicts his writing about it...
Old 11-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #113
spence

Quote:

I'm sure he's got this covered.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/08/ben-car...jesus-in-home/
Old 11-08-2015, 10:11 AM   #114
Nebe

wow.

WOW

W O W
Old 11-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #115
Nebe

every time i read about this whack job, i think of this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	but-wait-theres-more-billy-mays-cartoon.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	61847  
Old 11-08-2015, 10:18 AM   #116
scottw

Quote:

Eben...what about what he believes regarding the Constitution and the proper role of government as that is what he or another will be sworn to uphold and defend....you can cry and complain about how f'ed up government is and those within it but you look ridiculous doing so when this is the kind of thing you are focused on and the creeps in government applaud your efforts and desire to make their playground bigger and more profitable
Old 11-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #117
Nebe

I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question about the rapture.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #118
scottw

Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question about the rapture.
I don't believe you know what the rapture is....

I'm still waiting for you to tell me if you checked your facts regarding all of the Americans killed in embassy attacks during the Bush years...and several questions
Old 11-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #119
Fly Rod

Quote:
R U okay spence mentally?....U believe the free wood post?...;0

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 11-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #120
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I don't believe you know what the rapture is....

I'm still waiting for you to tell me if you checked your facts regarding all of the Americans killed in embassy attacks during the Bush years...and several questions
What was the question ? Several embassies were attacked and over 50 people were killed.

I kind of know what the rapture is. It is when the living float up into the heaven along with the dead who believe in Christ. (This is after his second coming).