Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-17-2019, 06:31 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Campaign Platform 2020

So what will Trump be running on and are you going to believe the promises like you did last time around. Last time around he promised to build the wall, not. Last time around he promised to make Mexico pay for said wall, not. Last time around he promised to drain the swamp, when in fact he filled it will corporate greed and inexperienced cronies and has more important cabinet posts empty than any previous president. He promised to make America great again and it seems to me what we have is a more divided and fractured country. He promised to help the middle class, while getting his only legislative achievement passed that primarily helped corporate America and the top 2%. He did live up to his promise of isolationism, as clearly he has severed ties with our allies on key treaties and policies. He promised to reduce and even eliminate our national debt, how's that going for you? The list of failures is a long one.

Here let me start the rebutal off for Jim and Dangles.......27,000, best president ever. OMG that must really impress the over 50% of working Americans who don't have a single dime working for them in the market, but I guarantee the Trump family and the top 2% are killing it in the market.

I suggest he run on promising to continue to be who he is, I won't list the negative superlatives that describe his behavior, his understanding of government, his grasp of world politics, it would be longer than the type above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	434
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	66360  
Old 07-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #2
Jim in CT

It appears as though Rachael Maddow hacked your account. No spin there, boy!

"Last time around he promised to build the wall, not"

He deserves a lot of criticism for this.

"it seems to me what we have is a more divided and fractured country."

Agreed, and he deserves criticism for that, as he played a role. So does the media.

"He promised to help the middle class, while getting his only legislative achievement passed that primarily helped corporate America and the top 2%"

65% of Americans realized a tax cut. Unemployment at a 50-year low (you forgot to mention that). Black unemployment at record lows, you chose not to mention that. GDP growth at a place where Obama said it could not go, you forgot to mention that.

A surging stock market helps everyone, because both the feds and the states collect capital gains taxes. When the market soars, they have more tax revenue, which means they can do more to help people. You chose not to mention that, and I don't believe for a second that you're so ignorant that you don't already know that.

"He did live up to his promise of isolationism"

Yeah? Mexico is FINALLY sending troops to secure its southern border, and we're closer to a trade deal with China than we've ever been. Are our allies not returning our calls? Is there any evidence of that?

"Here let me start the rebutal off for Jim and Dangles"

Don't speak for me, you stink at it and humiliate yourself when you try.

"Fair" means you criticize him for his shortcomings, and you praise him for his successes. I did it with Obama, and I hated him. I promise, it won't kill you to be fair/honest with Trump.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-17-2019 at 08:14 AM..
Old 07-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"it seems to me what we have is a more divided and fractured country."

Agreed, and he deserves criticism for that, as he played a role. So does the media.
People should take a look in the mirrors as well, a whole lot of name calling going because people couldn't deal with the results of a legal election. A whole lot of "ists" and "phobes" being flung around

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
People should take a look in the mirrors as well, a whole lot of name calling going because people couldn't deal with the results of a legal election. A whole lot of "ists" and "phobes" being flung around
Yup, the talking heads in the media and in Dc are literally making a living off of making Trump out to be Darth Vader.

Nobody cared about the ICE detention centers when Obama used them, but under Trump, we have concentration camps! Did you know this, TDF? Concentration camps!!!
Old 07-17-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yup, the talking heads in the media and in Dc are literally making a living off of making Trump out to be Darth Vader.
Yep, but I'm also talking about your average joe walking the street. I don't see calling someone a racist, because you didn't like who they voted for, is a prudent way to promote unity

Quote:
Nobody cared about the ICE detention centers when Obama used them, but under Trump, we have concentration camps! Did you know this, TDF? Concentration camps!!!
I saw that on Google Satellite view, saw all the Ovens and "Showers". Some more of that "Unity" promotion.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Yep, but I'm also talking about your average joe walking the street. I don't see calling someone a racist, because you didn't like who they voted for, is a prudent way to promote unity

I saw that on Google Satellite view, saw all the Ovens and "Showers". Some more of that "Unity" promotion.
"I don't see calling someone a racist, because you didn't like who they voted for, is a prudent way to promote unity"

TDF, hurling insults is only divisive when republicans do it. What you fail to see, is that when liberals do it, it's unifying, noble, evolved, and fine. Sadly, you just aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the nuance.