Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #61
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I would praise him if he helped the country, and call for his execution is he was a pedophile.

Since you think it's wrong to praise Trump when he helps people, can I ask what you are doing with your extra take-home py thanks to his tax cuts? I hope you're not using it or enjoying it, because based on your own logic, that's evil money. Can we all assume you're burning it?

I bought a camper with my extra take-home pay. My family spent 31 nights in that thing this year, and every one of them was magical. And it would likely not have happened if not for Trump and the GOP.I know you have bragged here that you have an extra $200 per paycheck bc of Trump. I don't think you know very many here but most are blue collar and don't make what you do and aren't seeing that much in their paycheck. So while you got a big increase, everyone else is just seeing the deficit balloon. Remember when during the worse downturn since the great dep. the Repubs. cried bc Obama tried to stimulate the economy - fing hypocrites.

I can be thankful for that, and still bash him for being the morally bankrupt reptile that he is.

We COULD have had a nice guy with the same beliefs, but your side told everyone that McCain was a senile old racist, and that Romney was a heartless plutocrat who hates women. Romney basically said he would never care about 47% of the country. How many times do we have to remind you of that? Look at the classless, lying thing the Repubs. say about Dems.So please tell us, exactly when did the democrats decide they wanted a GOP candidate who had integrity? Because they were merciless with McCain and Romney.
You constantly say the Dems. are bad yet what the Repubs do is far worse. Saying the Dems. hate the country, treasonous, etc.

Last edited by PaulS; 12-14-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Old 12-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

The entire media was absolutely in the tank for Obama except for one TV station, which 1% of the country watches on a good night, and liberals act like it's an Orwellian thing. One percent.
Show us the data that comes close to proving that
Another victim lie

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Show us the data that comes close to proving that
Another victim lie
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s-sets-record/

https://sites.middlebury.edu/preside...into-the-tank/

http://markhumphrys.com/media.obama.html

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...gns-final-week

https://freebeacon.com/politics/comp...gazine-covers/

Then there's the empirical evidence...the NYT said McCain had a mistress, the media said that Romney objectified women because he kept a binder of resumes of impressive women on him. On the 2008 election night, a CNN reporter wept with joy at Obama's election, Chris Mathews with the tingle up his leg, etc...

Not everything that makes your side look bad, is a lie.

I don't lie. I don't have to. My goal isn't to always defend one side or the other, so I can happily easily embrace things that (in my opinion) make conservatives look bad, like opposition to gay marriage. When you aren't blindly married to one ideology or the other, there's no reason to lie. You are the one who needs to lie, because you can't accept any truth which doesn't paint liberalism in a favorable light. I willingly go wherever the truth and common sense take me, which is why I agree with liberals on gay marriage and the death penalty and to a lesser extent, gun control. And it's why I can say with 100% certainty, that every TV station except one, is obviously in the tank for the democrats.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And it's why I can say with 100% certainty, that every TV station except one, is obviously in the tank for the democrats.
Show me the data that shows that statement is true

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #65
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
yep many felt that way about obama for very different reasons .. No we the government we deserve when individuals like yourself would rather throw stuff from the peanut gallery. and see no evil speak no evil hear no evil .. then actually pay attention
So this response is highlighting exactly why the peanut gallery exists. I pay attention but have never made it my life mission to point out every indiscretion that occurs politically on a daily basis. However, I do have time to point out people who make fools of themselves under the guise of “making a difference.” This is you,thanks for keeping up the good work. You are party blind and you don’t even realize it,what a joke.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #66
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You constantly say the Dems. are bad yet what the Repubs do is far worse. Saying the Dems. hate the country, treasonous, etc.
Seriously Paul,? You can’t be that stupid so stop pretending you are.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
"most are blue collar and don't make what you do "

I'm, not the plutocrat you think I am. I have a white collar job, I work in a cubicle not in a fancy office, and I have a staff of two. I'm low, low level management. I'm not going to get into details, but you don't need to be making huge bucks to realize that kind of savings.

Here's a CBS story, showing that a single mom making less than 40k a year, saved over $100 a month. So your insinuation that you need to be wealthy to save what I saved, doesn't hold water.

GOD FORBID you zealots just say, "I hate Trump, but you gotta give him credit, the cuts are helping regular people."

I'm not sure it's accurate to say I'm bragging, I'm responding to the kool aid drinkers who can't admit what the actual impact of the cuts were.

"everyone else is just seeing the deficit balloon"

Bullsh*t. Almost all of us got something.

"the Repubs. cried bc Obama tried to stimulate the economy - fing hypocrites"

Not me. I give him credit all the time for helping the economy recover. Plenty of hypocrites on my side. What you fail to admit, is that there are also hypocrites on your side, how are crying about the debt, when they didn't care when Obama racked up debt as well. Plenty of hypocrisy. Not by me, I can only control me.

"Romney basically said he would never care about 47% of the country"

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT HE SAID. What he said (something like, 47% won't work so you can't help them?) was stupid, and he deserved criticism for it. But the liberal attacks began long before that idiotic statement.

"How many times do we have to remind you of that?"

Zero, because you're remembering history very wrong.

"Look at the classless, lying thing the Repubs. say about Dems"

SO you aren't denying democrats do it, you're just saying we all do it. I agree. So let's all stop pretending that only one side does it. Deal?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-the...ican-families/

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-14-2018 at 10:35 AM..
Old 12-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
So this response is highlighting exactly why the peanut gallery exists. I pay attention but have never made it my life mission to point out every indiscretion that occurs politically on a daily basis. However, I do have time to point out people who make fools of themselves under the guise of “making a difference.” This is you,thanks for keeping up the good work. You are party blind and you don’t even realize it,what a joke.
Funny a blind man calling others blind . And what difference do you think you are making .. besides adding C02 to the atmosphere... You hold a lot of positions on people but nothing on policies funny how that is
Old 12-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #69
PaulS

Quote:
Seriously Paul,? You can’t be that stupid so stop pretending you are.
Haven't we seen repeatedly how stupid you are? I've just commented on another thread about your post. It shows your lack of intelligence. You demonstrate that constantly and I wonder why you bother posting to show people that. You're like a whiney old lady who doesn't know what to add but gets mad so she comments about people's posts w/o discussing the subject.

Last edited by PaulS; 12-14-2018 at 10:55 AM..
Old 12-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #70
PaulS

Quote:
"most are blue collar and don't make what you do "

I'm, not the plutocrat you think I am. I have a white collar job, I work in a cubicle not in a fancy office, and I have a staff of two. I'm low, low level management. I'm not going to get into details, but you don't need to be making huge bucks to realize that kind of savings. Trusty me I know what actuaries make - and it is more than most of the people on this forum.

"everyone else is just seeing the deficit balloon"

Bullsh*t. Almost all of us got something. true, but for most it was peanuts. The majority went to rich and corps.

"the Repubs. cried bc Obama tried to stimulate the economy - fing hypocrites"

Not me. I give him credit all the time for helping the economy recover. Plenty of hypocrites on my side. What you fail to admit, is that there are also hypocrites on your sideof course there are., how are crying about the debt, when they didn't care when Obama racked up debt as well. The economy was in totally different shape. Plenty of hypocrisy. Not by me, I can only control me.

"Romney basically said he would never care about 47% of the country"

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT HE SAID. What he said (something like, 47% won't work so you can't help them?) was stupid, and he deserved criticism for it. But the liberal attacks began long before that idiotic statement.Pull up the whole quote and we can discuss it bc that it not what he said.

"How many times do we have to remind you of that?"

Zero, because you're remembering history very wrong. pull up the quote.

"Look at the classless, lying thing the Repubs. say about Dems"

SO you aren't denying democrats do it, you're just saying we all do it. I agree. So let's all stop pretending that only one side does it. Deal?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-the...ican-families/
I think both parties do it (but the Repubs. do it more). I'll admit that but you constantly pull the victim card and claim the Dems. do it and not the Repubs.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:29 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think both parties do it (but the Repubs. do it more). I'll admit that but you constantly pull the victim card and claim the Dems. do it and not the Repubs.
"Trusty me I know what actuaries make - and it is more than most of the people on this forum."

Well trust me, I am me and not them. I have family needs that limit the hours I can work and which limit how high I can go. I work in a small cubicle with two kids working for me. I'm not even an AVP, I'm below that. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that you aren't in a position to make accurate assumptions about my situation. I know what average actuaries make at my age, I'm not there for personal reasons. I posted that a woman making less than 40k is saving more than half of what I saved. So you don't need to be making a ton of money to save $200 a month.

"for most it was peanuts. The majority went to rich and corps."

I disagree it's peanuts for most. But I agree with you 100% that more should have gone to the middle class. That's a very fair thing to say.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Paul, also note that the majority of
my $200/month savings did not come from lower rates in my income bracket. i benefitted primarily from the significant expansion of child tax credits, and i have three dependent children. Maybe all of my reduction came from that?
Old 12-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #73
PaulS

I have no idea. Not sure I benefit at all or how much until I do my taxes. Prop. taxes are very, very high where I live. No more mortgage deduction. We'll see.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
I have no idea. Not sure I benefit at all or how much until I do my taxes. Prop. taxes are very, very high where I live. No more mortgage deduction. We'll see.
i do know that most of
my benefit was from child tax credits. any benefit i got from lower income tax rates, was likely offset by limiting my ability to deduct the massive state/local taxes i enjoy in CT.

why no more mortgage deduction for you?
Old 12-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #75
PaulS

Firstly, the tax decrease occured the same paycheck I got my work raise so I haven't really tried to figure out the impact of the 2.

I had a 20 year mortgage and paid it off a little early. I am extremely fortunate in never ever having to pay any interest other than mortgage interest.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Firstly, the tax decrease occured the same paycheck I got my work raise so I haven't really tried to figure out the impact of the 2.

I had a 20 year mortgage and paid it off a little early. I am extremely fortunate in never ever having to pay any interest other than mortgage interest.
i’d call that smart and fortunate. congratulations! One heck of an accomplishment, one heck of a milestone.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-14-2018 at 02:04 PM..
Old 12-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #77
wdmso

how our cousins see Trump..

Sitting up here in Canada I am amazed how good this guy is.
You have the best health care ever......all those coal miners are back to work......the wall Mexico is paying for is marvelous.......the middle class is getting richer......the deficit is falling by leaps and bounds!!!
Best president ever and if you don't believe me ...... just ask him!!
Old 12-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #78
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well this is How Americans see Canadians, so I'm not to worried.

https://youtu.be/ssCZWBtwUTI
Old 12-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
how our cousins see Trump..

Sitting up here in Canada I am amazed how good this guy is.
You have the best health care ever......all those coal miners are back to work......the wall Mexico is paying for is marvelous.......the middle class is getting richer......the deficit is falling by leaps and bounds!!!
Best president ever and if you don't believe me ...... just ask him!!
who gives a sh*t?
Old 12-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #80
wdmso

Quote:
who gives a sh*t?
Clearly you don't .... are you suggesting anything he said was not true
Old 12-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Clearly you don't .... are you suggesting anything he said was not true
what one canadian said? you’re right, i don’t. you’re telling me that if i posted something critical that a canadian said about obama, that would mean something to you?

trump isnt a perfect president, and he’s not a good guy. so who are you trying to convince here?

i notice that canadian jackass didn’t say anything about unemployment. god forbid we judge trump honestly. tou can be honest, and still critical. i do it all the time. you people are deranged, totally consumed with loathing.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:25 PM   #82
Sea Dangles

The guy isn’t happy unless he is throwing rocks Jim. Next thing you know he will be at the border lobbing insults at agents. Wrong party...mindless drone
Old 12-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #83
wdmso

Quote:
what one canadian said? you’re right, i don’t. you’re telling me that if i posted something critical that a canadian said about obama, that would mean something to you?

trump isnt a perfect president, and he’s not a good guy. so who are you trying to convince here?

i notice that canadian jackass didn’t say anything about unemployment. god forbid we judge trump honestly. tou can be honest, and still critical. i do it all the time. you people are deranged, totally consumed with loathing.
As I have said before any POTUS is judge on the totality of their actions TRUMP IS NO different you keep pointing out the good and I will keep pointing out the bad

Not sure how us people are deranged and consumed by hate by exposing Trumps lies and his actions

But your position is some how more Honorable ?
Old 12-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #84
wdmso

Quote:
The guy isn’t happy unless he is throwing rocks Jim. Next thing you know he will be at the border lobbing insults at agents. Wrong party...mindless drone
A complement comming from the Number 1 insult rock thrower on the site ...

A ture keyboard warrior
Old 12-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
As I have said before any POTUS is judge on the totality of their actions TRUMP IS NO different you keep pointing out the good and I will keep pointing out the bad

Not sure how us people are deranged and consumed by hate by exposing Trumps lies and his actions

But your position is some how more Honorable ?
i point outmthe good
and the bad. because there is good and bad. you ignore the good and obsess about the bad. you’re irrational and deranged about the guy.

for you to say i only post the good,..i no longer have any words for that.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #86
wdmso

Quote:
i point outmthe good
and the bad. because there is good and bad. you ignore the good and obsess about the bad. you’re irrational and deranged about the guy.

for you to say i only post the good,..i no longer have any words for that.

Jim your all over the map... you try way to hardtop present yourself as some how objective when it comes to Trump .. I clearly am not

You say you see the bad but your obses about what litte good your can find and try to mold it in to how you see the guy ... then pat yourself on the back for your efforts to look objective

But anyone who pushes back against this image of Trump you offer ( which you are free to do by the way ) is seen as an irrational and deranged about the guy. And others

Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote that ? You do know that last line sounds like the last 8 years with you and Obama .... I doubt you see the parallels

As I said I will continue to point out trumps failings they are not hard to find and he creates them daily .. and I'll be on the look out for his positive actions ,, I might see big foot 1st but there is always a chance Trump will flip flop on something and it will be good
Old 12-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim your all over the map... you try way to hardtop present yourself as some how objective when it comes to Trump .. I clearly am not

You say you see the bad but your obses about what litte good your can find and try to mold it in to how you see the guy ... then pat yourself on the back for your efforts to look objective

But anyone who pushes back against this image of Trump you offer ( which you are free to do by the way ) is seen as an irrational and deranged about the guy. And others

Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote that ? You do know that last line sounds like the last 8 years with you and Obama .... I doubt you see the parallels

As I said I will continue to point out trumps failings they are not hard to find and he creates them daily .. and I'll be on the look out for his positive actions ,, I might see big foot 1st but there is always a chance Trump will flip flop on something and it will be good
i don’t obsess about the good, i routinely point out the bad. again, i can i lynwinder about your reading comprehension, not sure what else it could
be. i do not avoid criticizing the guy. but he’s not Hitler either. our constitution is still completely intact, the separation of powers and checks and balances are still exactly in tact, he’s no kind of existential threat to our republic, but that’s not what you hear at cnn or nbc or msnbc.

he’s a sleazy guy, and a boorish vindictive baby. he’s also putting a LOT of blacks and hispanics back to work. liberals will not credit him for that, because they can’t give credit to someone they don’t like. if hilary had done this, she’d have a nobel prize in economics under her belt by now.

you’re irrational, and if you think i ibsessniver the good, then you don’t have any idea what the word ‘obsess’ means.

i hates just about everything about obama, his personality and his policies and his hatred for everything i care about. but i bet i didn’t dwell on him one tenth as
much as you andmoete dwell in trump. it’s something to see. nor did i have any trouble praising obama for his handling of the economy and if terrorists. he did a good job there, and i’m thankful
for it. see? that’s what being ‘objective’ looks like.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Objectively you repeat the standard Trumplican lie about minority unemployment every time.
The data shows that unemployment continued to fall under Trump albeit at a slightly lower rate than under Obama. I would expect that given how low it is.
It will be interesting in the next two years to see what happens as the real Trump economy shows it’s colors.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #89
Sea Dangles

Quote:
i don’t obsess about the good, i routinely point out the bad. again, i can i lynwinder about your reading comprehension, not sure what else it could
be. i do not avoid criticizing the guy. but he’s not Hitler either. our constitution is still completely intact, the separation of powers and checks and balances are still exactly in tact, he’s no kind of existential threat to our republic, but that’s not what you hear at cnn or nbc or msnbc.

he’s a sleazy guy, and a boorish vindictive baby. he’s also putting a LOT of blacks and hispanics back to work. liberals will not credit him for that, because they can’t give credit to someone they don’t like. if hilary had done this, she’d have a nobel prize in economics under her belt by now.

you’re irrational, and if you think i ibsessniver the good, then you don’t have any idea what the word ‘obsess’ means.

i hates just about everything about obama, his personality and his policies and his hatred for everything i care about. but i bet i didn’t dwell on him one tenth as
much as you andmoete dwell in trump. it’s something to see. nor did i have any trouble praising obama for his handling of the economy and if terrorists. he did a good job there, and i’m thankful
for it. see? that’s what being ‘objective’ looks like.
Why bother

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #90
Sea Dangles

Quote:

So you were not pleased when the remains of servicemen were finally brought home to be laid to rest ?

Too much eggnog for you today as you hit submit after a 1st grader stole your laptop.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN