Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Obama's take on the huge numbers of people opposed to Obamacare

Here's what your President, not mine, said about the millions of people opposed to Obamacare...

"I don't get it. Why are folks working so hard for people not to have health insurance? Why are they so mad about the idea of people having health insurance?"

Nice! Not once in my life have I ever been mad at the notion of someone else having insurance.

Obama is either a liar, or incredibly clueless. And he's not that clueless to really believe that. So again, let's demonize the opposition, by blaming them for saying awful things (never mind we never said any such thing), rather than respond to what we are actually saying.

He's right about one thing, the man does not "get it." We could fill the oceans with what he doesn't "get".

Ben Franklin once said "those who would trade liberty for security, deserve neither" (paraphrasing). I happen to disagree with that statement, becaus ehe seems to be saying that those who don't want to get blown up, deserve to get blown up. But lots of people agree aith that. Fine. Well then, what do people deserve who would trade liberty for Sandra Fluke's free rubbers?

I'm glad that, rather than asking us what our concerns actually are, he simply paints us all as hate-mongers so that he can get back to what really matters, dinner with Jay Z and Beyonce.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
FishermanTim

I think what Ben Franklin was implying was that if we trade liberty (freedom to defend ourselves) for security (let someone else decide our fates) we will end up with neither, meaning the results will not be in our best interest.

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
tysdad115

But 7 million people signed up! Nothing about those only doing so to avoid the mandatory fine!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
spence

He's not your President? That's a pretty unpatriotic thing to say...

-spence
Old 04-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

-spence

I'll bey you ask most anyone in the military and they will say the same.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
I'll bey you ask most anyone in the military and they will say the same.
So why would you follow orders of someone who wasn't Commander in Chief?

-spence
Old 04-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Here's what your President, not mine, said about the millions of people opposed to Obamacare...

"I don't get it. Why are folks working so hard for people not to have health insurance? Why are they so mad about the idea of people having health insurance?"

Nice! Not once in my life have I ever been mad at the notion of someone else having insurance.
I have yet to hear ONE person say "they are mad about the idea of people having health insurance." They are mad about CHANGING 100% of our populations health insurance for the 10% that don't have it. That doesn't make sense to people that have common sense.
Let's face it, besides being this being part of his agenda of big government control, is the Presidents plan to make it his legacy. Pretty selfish for one person to disrupt 300 million people' lives so he can leave a name for himself.

" Choose Life "
Old 04-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #8
Fly Rod

Quote:

-spence
Because they have to...apparently U were never in the military

Last edited by Fly Rod; 04-04-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Old 04-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #9
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
But 7 million people signed up! Nothing about those only doing so to avoid the mandatory fine!
figures E not in yet
Old 04-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
Fly Rod

Quote:

-spence
He is noy my president....Semper Fi....did not vote for him
Old 04-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #11
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:

-spence
Because Soldiers take an oath to support and defend the Constitution first and follow lawful orders second. Kind of ironic our president doesn't believe in the Constitution.

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 04-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
No, he's not. Wen he characterizes my desire to uphold the Constitution as a desire for others to not have health insurance, then no, he is not representing me.

You got your digs in against me. Your thoughts on Obama's words?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
I have yet to hear ONE person say "they are mad about the idea of people having health insurance." .
Of course you haven't heard anyone say that, because no one is saying that. Obama knows that no one believes that, which necessarily mean that he is a liar.

How's that "change"?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
Kind of ironic our president doesn't believe in the Constitution.
It's especially ironic given that he taught Constitutional Law at Law School. Can you imagine the political slant in that class, back in his radical, chummy-with-Bill-Ayers days? How'd you like to have been a conservative in that class?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #15
scottw

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ing-obamacare/

he also said this...the author desperately tries to give el presidente the benefit of the doubt realizing that he doesn't understand what the difference between millions and billions is.... but in the end awards two Pinocchio's.....like everything that comes out of this president's mouth, you have to assume the opposite is true or it's complete distortion...then you won't act so surprised when it happens

Hillary for President!

http://capitolcityproject.com/hillar...-state-tenure/
Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #16
Raider Ronnie

Quote:

-spence

Talk to anyone in the military, present & past.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

How's that "change"?

HOPLESS.

" Choose Life "
Old 04-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #18
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post

According to reports of that 7 million that sign up about 24% are people who didn't have insurance prior.
So that leaves 76% who did have insurance cancelled and had to sign up to avoid penalties.
Also, How many of that 7 million signed up have actually paid into premiums ? 858,298 is the only number found.

What a joke just like every other thing they have done since stealing the last 2 elections !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #19
spence

Seems like the numbers are swinging positive now that things are moving. With the technical issues and war against the bill it's no wonder support declined.

Wait until the GOP tries to take away the exemption for preexisting conditions...then think about your quote above.

My 23 year old step-son is also able to be on my insurance for a few more years. A nice thing as he's trying to find a job and with his dad dying just before he graduated college doesn't have a lot of options.

Obama's words are just some basic rhetoric. His bigger problem is that he wasn't out in front marketing the ACA all along...

-spence
Old 04-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #20
buckman

Quote:
Seems like the numbers are swinging positive now that things are moving. With the technical issues and war against the bill it's no wonder support declined.

Wait until the GOP tries to take away the exemption for preexisting conditions...then think about your quote above.

My 23 year old step-son is also able to be on my insurance for a few more years. A nice thing as he's trying to find a job and with his dad dying just before he graduated college doesn't have a lot of options.

Obama's words are just some basic rhetoric. His bigger problem is that he wasn't out in front marketing the ACA all along...

-spence
Your step son could have been provided for without it costing everyone else or blowing up a system that most didn't want changed .
Obama lied when he did market the "ACA" that's the problem .
Old 04-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
...or blowing up a system that most didn't want changed .
Check your facts...

-spence
Old 04-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
And there you have it. Obama shamelessly lies through his teeth and assaults the decency of tens of millions of Americans he swore to protect, and Spence dismisses it as "basic rhetoric".

Spence, it's a whole lot easier to demonize us, than it is to respond to what we are actually saying.

I say that Christians should not be forced to pay for Sandra Fluke's rubbers. Obama says that's because I am angry at the notion that anyone has healthcare.

We deserve so much better than this. Or maybe we don't, given that we elected this lying, Bolshevik a**ole twice.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #23
spence

Jim, I hate to break this to you...but the ACA doesn't cover rubbers.

Your obsession with Sandra Fluke's sex life however may continue.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:07 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your obsession with Sandra Fluke's sex life however may continue.
As will your refusal to address any legitimate concerns over Obama's competence or, in this case, honesty.

Rather than explain why forcing employers to provide free contraception isn't unconstitutional, he tries to make everyone hate us by lying about our position.

Why can't you be an honest adult for 3 seconds and tell us what you think about a President who would stoop to that.

My only obsession with her sex life, is that I want to be left out of it. She is the one dragging me into it, by insisting that she has the right to reach into my wallet.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #25
spence

Quote:
My only obsession with her sex life, is that I want to be left out of it. She is the one dragging me into it, by insisting that she has the right to reach into my wallet.
I think you're fascinated by it. You pepper your posts with words like "fornicate" and "rubbers" for their titillating enhancement. Now you're vividly depicting Fluke dragging you around against your will in a bondage fantasy that would make NEWPORTMAFIA blush.

-spence
Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
As will your refusal to address any legitimate concerns over Obama's competence or, in this case, honesty.

I'm sure that Spence considers Obama to be very competent. He pretty much has approved of all his foreign policy, considering it all to be "played well." He wants to give the ACA "a chance." He believes that the Repubs have made it difficult to govern, that it's their fault we're in a mess not Obama's. And that the economy is picking up, and the ACA thing is smoothing out of its little hitches and starting to roll. ETC. And about the honesty thing . . . you have to remember that Spence considers himself to be a pragmatist. The ultimate pragmatist, Machiavelli, would have approved of lying. Lying in order to achieve goals, govern well, is amoral. It is "smart."

Rather than explain why forcing employers to provide free contraception isn't unconstitutional, he tries to make everyone hate us by lying about our position.

Again, you call it "lying," Spence would see it as "smart." Pragmatism trumps morality.

Why can't you be an honest adult for 3 seconds and tell us what you think about a President who would stoop to that.

A pragmatist would stoop to whatever it takes to get the job done.

Spence probably doesn't care about her getting into your wallet. Fluke is a promising progressive who will probably be running for political office in the near future. She will be a standard bearer for the "women's" issue part of the progressive platform, and be a big electoral draw on "smart" women's issues.

Besides, Spence is a "centrist." He is in the center of whatever is. So he is always right. You, on the other hand, are on the fringe of center. You're an extremist. Extremists are always wrong. NOT.

Spence doesn't have to answer any questions. He is usually the one asking questions, not too often making definitive statements. So long as the progressive movement forges ahead, maintaining or gaining ground, politics are on his side, and he can disregard your questions (or anybody else's), and merely respond with sarcastic jabs.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #27
spence

Sounds like someone's jealous.

-spence
Old 04-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Spence probably doesn't care about her getting into your wallet. Fluke is a promising progressive who will probably be running for political office in the near future. She will be a standard bearer for the "women's" issue part of the progressive platform, and be a big electoral draw on "smart" women's issues.

Besides, Spence is a "centrist." He is in the center of whatever is. So he is always right. You, on the other hand, are on the fringe of center. You're an extremist. Extremists are always wrong. NOT.

Spence doesn't have to answer any questions. He is usually the one asking questions, not too often making definitive statements. So long as the progressive movement forges ahead, maintaining or gaining ground, politics are on his side, and he can disregard your questions (or anybody else's), and merely respond with sarcastic jabs.
"Fluke is a promising progressive who will probably be running for political office in the near future"

You need to keep up with the news. She's running for State Senate in California. Hip hip, hooray! Her resume reads "been in school my whole life, then went on TV and shoved my sex life in everyone's face, and demanded that they pay for it, because racisthatecrimeintolerantwaronwomenkeepyourrosarie soffmyovaries, that's why."

"Spence is a "centrist." "

Then so was Mao.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think you're fascinated by it. You pepper your posts with words like "fornicate" and "rubbers" for their titillating enhancement. Now you're vividly depicting Fluke dragging you around against your will in a bondage fantasy that would make NEWPORTMAFIA blush.

-spence
what I am , is contemptuous of the lot of them, including their apologists, which includes you.

If you don't like the word 'fornicate', then you should ask yourself why you endlessly and thoughtlessly support those who cannot refrain from screaming about that part of their lives into any microphone or TV camera, instead of keeping it in private where it belongs. I guess I'm not that evolved or sophisticated, because my only interest is in being left out of it. If Sandra Fluke insists on dragging me into it, then I get to articulate my response. If your side doesn't want to hear my position on such things, then all you need to do is stop reaching into my wallet in relation to it, and try to refrain from trampling on the constitution. Then do whatever you want and I'll keep mum.

Still dodging about the shameless lies of your man-crush, I see.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
She (Fluke) will be a standard bearer for the "women's" issue part of the progressive platform, and be a big electoral draw on "smart" women's issues.

The day that hideous witch becomes the standard bearer for women, is the day I give serious thought to switching teams, if'n you know what I mean. She is absolutely repugnant, in every conceivable way a human being can be. Just knowing that she disagrees with me, is all I need to know that I am on the right side of any issue.

Blech.

I loved her speech at the DNC, aka abortion-pallooza. What a lovely platform that have on that side.